Treyarch has announced that the Black Market is receiving some updates with Operation Spectre Rising. Treyarch has stated that there will be 50 tiers to start with Operation Spectre Rising.
Days of Summer event, which is coming in June, will feature another set of tiers for Black Ops 4, as Treyarch works to space out the tiers and offer more content.
Here’s the details:
Operation Spectre Rising will feature 50 unique Tiers paced to align with the first half of the Operation. This is a smaller collection of content relative to previous Operations and spans a shorter duration of time, as a unique new set of content will come alongside the Days of Summer update in June. Ultimately, this will translate to easier, more frequent updates that establishes a steadier cadence.
The Black Market will also feature two new item types: Weapon Charms and Death Effects. Weapon Charms can be equipped to further personalize your weapon. Charms dangle from your weapon during battle for an added personal touch while you fight.
Death Effects add a special bang to your bullet. Instead of the typical blood spatter, equip a Death Effect for unique effects to occur when you take down the enemy. For instance, the “Surprise Party” Death Effect sprays confetti from the opponent you’ve eliminated. When equipped, all kills are accompanied by a Death Effect to add some flavor to your takedowns.
Here are some highlights from the Black Market that will be available during Operation Spectre Rising:
- 50 Tiers: Preview all the goods of the first half of this Operation on day one.
- New Specialist: Spectre is available at Tier 1 and playable in Multiplayer and Blackout once unlocked.
- New Contraband Weapons: The Black Ops 4 arsenal gets bigger with the addition of the Nifo’Oti melee weapon, a Polynesian club, and the Tigershark, an agile LMG with the fastest reload time in its class.
- New Blackout Characters: Abigail “Misty” Barton will be available at the launch of the Operation as a Special Order in Blackjack’s Shop in the Black Market. Also available during Operation Spectre Rising are Sarah Hall, an intelligence expert from Taylor’s team in Black Ops III, and Blackjack,a weapons dealer for the 54 Immortals and the mercenary trader who runs the Black Market, join the Blackout character roster. More playable characters, including Sergei and David Mason, are scheduled to arrive throughout the Operation.
- New Signature Weapons: Earn 25% more XP per kill with the latest MK II signature weapons for the Rampage, Vapr-XKG, Switchblade X9, and Spitfire, available in Reserves.
- New Gestures: In addition to a set of new Gestures, now you can also play them in the lobby before entering a match in Multiplayer, League Play, or Blackout! Additionally, Gestures and Tags are now unified into a single wheel for all characters, and these can be accessed and customized by selecting the new Extras button directly in the lobby.
- Death Effects: Switch up the experience of taking down the enemy with Death Effects. The “Make it Rain” Death Effect is for the baller in all of us, “Surprise Party” adds a dash of confetti even when it’s not your birthday, and “Pyrotechnic” celebrates your success with fireworks. These three Legendary Death Effects will be available in Reserves.
- Weapon Charms: Adorn your favorite weapon with accessories that fit your personality. Ten Weapon Charms will be available in Reserves, including a mini-Ruin “Lil’ Donnie”, “Snake Eyes” hanging dice, and “Lil’ Ray”, the iconic Zombies ray gun.
- New Outfits: Visualize your inner assassin with unique Specialist outfits earned in the Contraband stream or found in the Black Market, including Seraph’s “Silver Bullet” or Ajax’s “Hired Gun” outfits.
- New Mastercrafts: “The Lost Patrol” Mastercraft for the SDM and the “Venom Cocktail” Mastercraft for the Hades will both be available in Blackjack’s Shop in the Black Market.
- New Reactive Camos: The Afterlife Reactive Camo, found in Reserves, can be equipped to all weapons and starts as a purplish hue that changes in-game with kills, and the Nebula Reactive Camo will arrive in Blackjack’s Shop later in the Operation.
- Blackjack’s Reserves: In addition to Death Effects and Weapon Charms, Reserves contain Legendary Specialist outfits for Firebreak and Prophet and the all-new Sea Storm Jump Pack for Blackout, along with all Reserve content from previous Operations.