Treyarch has announced that the Black Market is receiving some updates with Operation Spectre Rising. Treyarch has stated that there will be 50 tiers to start with Operation Spectre Rising.
Days of Summer event, which is coming in June, will feature another set of tiers for Black Ops 4, as Treyarch works to space out the tiers and offer more content.
Here’s the details:
Operation Spectre Rising will feature 50 unique Tiers paced to align with the first half of the Operation. This is a smaller collection of content relative to previous Operations and spans a shorter duration of time, as a unique new set of content will come alongside the Days of Summer update in June. Ultimately, this will translate to easier, more frequent updates that establishes a steadier cadence.
The Black Market will also feature two new item types: Weapon Charms and Death Effects. Weapon Charms can be equipped to further personalize your weapon. Charms dangle from your weapon during battle for an added personal touch while you fight.
Death Effects add a special bang to your bullet. Instead of the typical blood spatter, equip a Death Effect for unique effects to occur when you take down the enemy. For instance, the “Surprise Party” Death Effect sprays confetti from the opponent you’ve eliminated. When equipped, all kills are accompanied by a Death Effect to add some flavor to your takedowns.
Here are some highlights from the Black Market that will be available during Operation Spectre Rising:
- 50 Tiers: Preview all the goods of the first half of this Operation on day one.
- New Specialist: Spectre is available at Tier 1 and playable in Multiplayer and Blackout once unlocked.
- New Contraband Weapons: The Black Ops 4 arsenal gets bigger with the addition of the Nifo’Oti melee weapon, a Polynesian club, and the Tigershark, an agile LMG with the fastest reload time in its class.
- New Blackout Characters: Abigail “Misty” Barton will be available at the launch of the Operation as a Special Order in Blackjack’s Shop in the Black Market. Also available during Operation Spectre Rising are Sarah Hall, an intelligence expert from Taylor’s team in Black Ops III, and Blackjack,a weapons dealer for the 54 Immortals and the mercenary trader who runs the Black Market, join the Blackout character roster. More playable characters, including Sergei and David Mason, are scheduled to arrive throughout the Operation.
- New Signature Weapons: Earn 25% more XP per kill with the latest MK II signature weapons for the Rampage, Vapr-XKG, Switchblade X9, and Spitfire, available in Reserves.
- New Gestures: In addition to a set of new Gestures, now you can also play them in the lobby before entering a match in Multiplayer, League Play, or Blackout! Additionally, Gestures and Tags are now unified into a single wheel for all characters, and these can be accessed and customized by selecting the new Extras button directly in the lobby.
- Death Effects: Switch up the experience of taking down the enemy with Death Effects. The “Make it Rain” Death Effect is for the baller in all of us, “Surprise Party” adds a dash of confetti even when it’s not your birthday, and “Pyrotechnic” celebrates your success with fireworks. These three Legendary Death Effects will be available in Reserves.
- Weapon Charms: Adorn your favorite weapon with accessories that fit your personality. Ten Weapon Charms will be available in Reserves, including a mini-Ruin “Lil’ Donnie”, “Snake Eyes” hanging dice, and “Lil’ Ray”, the iconic Zombies ray gun.
- New Outfits: Visualize your inner assassin with unique Specialist outfits earned in the Contraband stream or found in the Black Market, including Seraph’s “Silver Bullet” or Ajax’s “Hired Gun” outfits.
- New Mastercrafts: “The Lost Patrol” Mastercraft for the SDM and the “Venom Cocktail” Mastercraft for the Hades will both be available in Blackjack’s Shop in the Black Market.
- New Reactive Camos: The Afterlife Reactive Camo, found in Reserves, can be equipped to all weapons and starts as a purplish hue that changes in-game with kills, and the Nebula Reactive Camo will arrive in Blackjack’s Shop later in the Operation.
- Blackjack’s Reserves: In addition to Death Effects and Weapon Charms, Reserves contain Legendary Specialist outfits for Firebreak and Prophet and the all-new Sea Storm Jump Pack for Blackout, along with all Reserve content from previous Operations.
COD 2020 Teasers: Black Ops 4 Summit map, Treyarch social profile
As we opened our new crates that Activision sent through, Black Ops 4’s Summit map got an update.
The screens in the center of the map in Black Ops 4 turned on which seem to match to what some of our slides show:
There’s also a look at clocks of 4 out of the 5 locations that some of us got as part of the slides to see:
These changes do appear to be new, especially the screens with the targets on them. Analyzing older images of the maps showcase that the screens were not showing the same thing.
In addition, Treyarch has updated their cover photo on social channels.
It’s getting cold out there…
Gameplay from Black Ops 4’s canceled campaign mode revealed
A user on Reddit, r/BlackOps4, has shared what appears to be the very first footage of gameplay from the canceled campaign mode of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, which released in October 2018, was the first Call of Duty game to not have a traditional campaign mode, instead opting to have three online-based modes.
Treyarch insisted throughout the year that they really didn’t have plans for a campaign and were focusing on an online connected experience for Black Ops 4, but many reports and sources described the campaign as being too ambitious and canceled because of issues with development.
On Reddit, a user has shared about two minutes of alpha footage of the gameplay of Black Ops 4’s campaign. The campaign, in alpha-state footage (meaning its not complete), had a very similar HUD to the MP experience of Black Ops 4. The user claims that the campaign and MP were supposed to be connected, and that’s why the HUD is so similar.
The gameplay starts by showing a message of “FIND THE AQUILUS CEO.”
Here’s the gameplay footage:
The user who posted this has not said where they got this gameplay footage as of now. He said he only has this footage, alongside an augmented footage of the engine of BO4, which he is not releasing at this time.
Double XP live in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 through February 6
To celebrate the big game this weekend, Treyarch is activating Double XP Quad Feed in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 this weekend – starting now.
Live in game now is:
- 2XP in MP
- 2XP in Zombies
- 2XP Party Game Moshpit
All of this is live in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. This is live through February 6 at 10AM PT.
For those still enjoying Black Ops 4, enjoy a new XP weekend!
Warzone Season 6 Subway system detailed
Activision has officially provided more information how the new Subway system in Call of Duty: Warzone will work. The new...
Black Ops Cold War side missions features puzzle to unlock more content
As announced back with the reveal of Black Ops Cold War, the campaign of the game features side missions, alongside...
Black Ops Cold War: PawnTakesPawn site gets new teaser video
The PawnTakesPawn website has been updated with a new tape titled “Open. Drop. Save. Restore.” The new tape, which is...