UPDATE: This same patch has been released for the Xbox 360.
Treyarch has released a brand new patch for PlayStation 3 fans. This patch addresses many of the issues fans have reported to them, as well as some weapon balancing.
UPDATE: Treyarch has also confirmed that theater mode for PS3/360 is re-enabled.
Treyarch confirmed that a new Title Update for Xbox LIVE will be released this weekend.
New Features & Feature Improvements:
- Added support for the Kinect camera to Live Streaming (Xbox 360)
- Added support for posting Live Stream URLs to Twitter.
- Improved audio/rumble responsiveness when hitting enemies with gunfire.
- Improved overall communication of Double XP when enabled.
- AAR better communicates how much XP was earned in each match.
- Added the ability to “View League Teams” from any player’s Playercard.
- Added the ability to “View Playercard” from League solo leaderboards.
- Added a number of security system enhancements.
- Added Hardcore Kill Confirmed playlist to the Hardcore category
- Fixed a rare hang (“Awaiting Textures”) upon loading into maps when joining a session in progress after fresh boot. (PS3)
- Game now resets the Care Package for a non-owner if the owner re-rolls the package using the Engineer perk.
- Players with Black Hat PDA can no longer hack a Care Package faster than the owner can capture it.
- Addressed an exploit where modified console hackers could maliciously spread infected films to other users.
- Added a fail-safe to prevent spawn trapping in CTF.
- Increased sight checks on turrets to improve spawning algorithms.
- Fixed a number of new UI error messages reported by users.
- Addressed a number of issues that would cause friendly/enemy color indicators on equipment and scorestreaks to display as the wrong team.
- Improved overall Theater and Live Streaming stability.
- Improved film rendering stability and made progression bar more accurate while rendering a film.
- Addressed issues which prevented some master challenges from being completed.
- Precision challenge “Wet Work” will now unlock with 10 kills.
- The wins challenge will now account for all FFA modes when ending a match with a tie (if you are in the top 3).
- Players that help with the “Synchronized Attack” challenge now get credit for it.
- Players will not be able to manually take control of their AGR if they die at the exact moment that their AGR deploys.
- Emblem Editor no longer closes the current emblem when discarding changes.
- Players using Ghost will no longer be invisible at all times in Custom Games with the mini-map option set to “constant”.
- Players using Ghost and a Suppressor attachment will no longer appear on the enemy’s minimap while shooting and moving while a UAV is up.
- The median for the K/D graph in the AAR is set to 1.0 instead of 0.0.
- Players can no longer get on top of the shrubs in Nuketown 2025.
- Thermal vision overlay no longer appears using the VTOL glitch.
- Kills from the explosion on the explosive crossbow bolt now count towards challenges.
- Counter UAV no longer remains for the rest of the game after a host migration.
- Clan tag is no longer locked immediately after prestige.
- Offline profiles can no longer be exploited to join online games when an online profile is also signed in.
- Multi-team games no longer count as a tie if an entire team quits.
- Fixed an area in Express where K9 Unit dogs could get stuck.
- EMP grenades no longer affect the CODcaster HUD.
- Party Privacy count no longer affects how many bots will spawn in Combat Training.
- Shadows seen through sniper scopes now render more correctly.
- Players can no longer stand on invisible collision in Carrier.
- “Drop Shot” medal is no longer awarded after standing back up.
- Players can now copy a custom class to the extra prestige slot.
The following is a list of numerous gameplay balancing tweaks that were made after thorough review of statistical data from usage patterns of weapons, equipment, perks and scorestreaks since launch.
- UAV: cost increased from 350 to 425.
- Lightning Strike: added 750ms delay
- Bouncing Betty: increased the grace period between trigger and activation by 200ms.
- Sensor Grenade: increased the range (now 1000 units), frequency (now 800ms between pings), and amount of time (now 6s) that players appear after explosion.
- Concussion Grenade: decreased movement penalty and turn speed penalty when hit.
- All: increased hip fire recoil.
- All: increased max hip fire spread from 4.75 to 5.
- All: reduced bullet penetration.
- MSMC: increased recoil slightly.
- PDW-57: increased recoil slightly.
- All: reduced idle sway for more reliable long-range aiming.
- XM8: reduced lethal range of 3-hit kills from 250 to 50 inches.
- XM8 + Select Fire: increased recoil.
- FAL OSW + Select Fire: increased recoil.
- SWAT-556 + Select Fire: increased recoil.
- MTAR: Made auto aim values consistent with all other assault rifles.
- All: increased hip fire spread.
- All + Laser Sight: increased hip fire spread.
- XPR-50: increased recoil slightly.
- R870: reduced one-hit kill range by 45 inches.
- B23R: reduced headshot multiplier from 1.4 to 1.
- KAP-40: reduced headshot multiplier from 1.4 to 1
SOURCE: Call of Duty HQ
Microsoft explain why Call of Duty will stay on PlayStation after Xbox exclusivity rumors
Microsoft have reiterated their claim that Call of Duty will remain on PlayStation and gave one simple reason why.
Both PlayStations fans and Sony itself have expressed concern over Call of Duty becoming Xbox and PC exclusive, but Microsoft have reiterated their claim that the games will remain on PlayStation, giving one simple reason why.
Microsoft announced their shock buyout of Activision Blizzard back in January 2022, with the deal set to close in Summer 2023. While Microsoft previously stated that there are no plans to make Call of Duty Xbox and PC-exclusive, Sony still expressed concern.
As reported by VGC, Microsoft responded to these concerns in a document sent to Brazil’s Administrative Council for Economic Defense (CADE). Here, they accused Sony of blocking games from Xbox Game Pass and reiterated that it “wouldn’t be profitable” to remove Call of Duty from PlayStation.
Microsoft acquired Bethesda back in 2021, and have already started making their games, such as Starfield, Xbox and PC exclusive. However, in this document, Microsoft insisted that Sony shouldn’t worry about Call of Duty being removed from PlayStation.
“Regardless of how unsurprising Sony‘s criticism of content exclusivity is – given that PlayStation’s entire strategy has been centered on exclusivity over the years – the reality is that the strategy of retaining Activision Blizzard’s games by not distributing them in rival console shops would simply not be profitable for Microsoft,” claimed Microsoft.
Microsoft gave several reasons why they wouldn’t remove future Call of Duty games from PlayStation, but it all boiled down to profit.
“The hypothetical adoption of any content discontinuation strategy would not be profitable for Microsoft and, even if implemented, such strategies would have no competitive impact, for the reasons described above,” concluded Microsoft.
There are also reports that there are contractual agreements that ensure the next three Call of Duty games will be on both Xbox and PlayStation. Rumors suggest that Call of Duty 2024 will be developed by Treyarch, and Activision have even teased a new premium game for 2023.
Image Credit: Activision
Huge Black Ops 4 campaign leak reveals scrapped ‘Career’ mode details & concept art
Black Ops 4’s scrapped campaign has reportedly appeared online in a huge leak showing off concept art and breaking down a ton of details.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 went against the norm by opting to skip a campaign, despite it reportedly being in development for some time. Four years later, a leak puts together a ton of information about the scrapped ‘Career’ mode which was set to be an online 2v2 experience.
While Call of Duty players typically enjoy the blockbuster campaigns, it’s arguably multiplayer that brings them back year after year. Despite rumors suggesting that a Black Ops 4 Campaign was in development, the game launched in 2018 without a single-player mode.
Now, almost four years later with Modern Warfare 2 on the horizon, a ton of info has dropped detailing exactly what Black Ops 4’s campaign mode could have been.
Reddit user Purpletoaster20 said this huge post in the GamingLeaksAndRumours subreddit was the result of “months of research & discussion with people who have inside knowledge of this mode,” and it includes images of internal powerpoints, concept art, and a detailed breakdown of each mission.
The campaign was dubbed ‘Career’ and would be an online 2v2 mode where players would “race to the finish” against the opposing duo, and whichever side won would affect how the rest of the session would progress.
Taking place in a post-Black Ops 3 2070, there would be “The Year of Chaos” after a pandemic and climate disasters would “heavily diminish the world’s resources.”
Each duo would pick their preferred faction, and then need to battle against AI to complete their objectives ahead of the other team. Plus, there would also be PvP sections with Blackout mechanics, where death would result in respawning back at a base near to the action.
This mode would have counted towards player progression, with each Black Ops 4 season adding several new missions for players to complete.
Four missions were “nearly complete,” and the Reddit user detailed them all in the Reddit post. In these missions, players had to complete Call of Duty-esque objectives such as blowing up convoys and hacking and defending terminals.
But why was this huge mode canceled? According to the Reddit user, it was “due to technical issues & the overall gameplay loop being described as too repetitive,” as well as the release being pushed forward by a month. They also claim that the leaked gameplay wasn’t from the campaign, but was actually from a Specialist HQ mode.
The Reddit user said they’ll be putting all of this information together in a 30-minute video on August 18.
Image Credit: Activision
Players share Call of Duty Next reveal wishlist for Modern Warfare 2 & Warzone 2
With the Call of Duty Next event set to showcase MW2 and Warzone 2, players reveal exactly what they’re desperate to see.
The upcoming Call of Duty Next event is set to deliver a full Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer reveal as well as new Warzone 2 information. Here’s what players are desperate to see from the event.
During Call of Duty Champs, the biggest competitive CoD event of the year, Activision and Infinity Ward brought Call of Duty Next to the community’s attention. This one-of-a-kind event that will be broadcast on September 15 is set to tease the future of the Call of Duty franchise.
The event will include a full Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer reveal, as well as new details concerning the Warzone 2 project and a mobile version of Warzone. With a ton of new information expected to shock the community, here’s what players are hoping to see most.
CharlieIntel took to Twitter to ask CoD players what they’re hoping to see from the highly-anticipated Call of Duty Next broadcast. While the details concerning Warzone 2 are shrouded in mystery, it’s safe to expect gameplay footage of Modern Warfare 2.
Keep in mind that Modern Warfare 2 is set to release on October 28, and with all eyes on Call of Duty Next, it’ll be a great opportunity to build some excitement. Some players in the replies had very specific expectations, while others wish to see more of the game’s technical aspects.
MW2 & Warzone 2 gun mechanism & gunsmith system
Gun mechanisms, loadouts, gunsmith, etc. pic.twitter.com/Ee9JR7hkVc— Warzone Loadout (@Warzone_Loadout) August 9, 2022
This is a great example of the technical side of Modern Warfare 2, and by expected association Warzone 2, that we’ve yet to fully discover. Gun mechanisms and how they feel while firing lay the groundwork for the game’s tone. Modern Warfare 2 Gameplay will likely be heavily influenced by how intuitive the guns feel in players’ hands.
Furthermore, the loadouts and the gunsmith feature are another vital technical aspect. While these aren’t the flashiest concerns, they go a long way in setting the foundation for a high-quality experience. After all, players love to customize and tweak aspects of the game when they’re not engaged in battle.
While we already have some major information about Modern Warfare 2’s gunsmith, including the ability to tweak certain attachment characteristics, hopefully, Call of Duty Next will provide even more insight.
Modern Warfare 2 Ranked Play
League play at launch— Sandy 🧚🏼♀ #BrickByBrick (@CallofSandy) August 9, 2022
While the gameplay is set to take center stage, it’s not beyond belief that Call of Duty Next could showcase various game modes. Perhaps the broadcast will mark the official reveal of the rumored DMZ mode.
However, fans of multiplayer will have their fingers crossed for something they’ve been wanting for what seems like ages: “League play at launch.”
Call of Duty fans looking for a top-tier competitive mode have been let down in recent years. Either they’ve had to wait months after release to receive a Ranked Play mode, or in the case of Modern Warfare, it came without Skill Divisions or an ELO system.
Classic Call of Duty weapons
This is the only right answer pic.twitter.com/RBuO5ovqRJ— FaZe Testy (@Testyment) August 9, 2022
FaZe Testy replying with an image of the iconic Intervention sniper gives us a specific weapon request. Surely, the Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer reveal is going to include gameplay footage. Of course, with gameplay footage comes the inevitable reveal of weapons.
It remains to be seen if classic Call of Duty weapons will feature in Modern Warfare 2, but players are surely going to lose their minds if the Intervention makes its way to the game. The Sniper is undoubtedly one of the most beloved weapons in Call of Duty history.
That just about wraps up some of the most intriguing hopes and wishes for the upcoming Call of Duty Next event. Don’t forget to tune into the broadcast on September 15 to find out if any of these desires come to fruition.
For more, check out how leaked Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer images seem to confirm that factions are back.
Image Credit: Activision
Best Assault Rifles in Warzone: Every Season 4 Reloaded AR ranked
Assault Rifles are great all-rounders in Warzone Pacific Season 4 Reloaded, so here are Warzone's ARs ranked and the best...
MultiVersus Season 1 update: Release date, Morty, Battle Pass price
MultiVersus Season 1 will bring a ton of new content to the game including Battle Pass rewards and a new...
Hogwarts Legacy: Release date, gameplay, trailer, more
Harry Potter fans will soon be able to live out their wizarding dreams with the release of Hogwarts Legacy, an...