The achievements list for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 has been revealed, and because there’s no campaign mode for last-gen, there’s several differences between the current-gen achievements and last-gen achievements list.
In addition, to make up for that, they have added more Zombies and Multiplayer achievements. On current-gen, there’s also a mention of “Dead Ops Arcade 2” achievement in Zombies mode, but that is not listed for Xbox 360 or PS3.
Here’s the full last-gen achievement list:
- The Beginning of the End – In Shadows of Evil, complete all Rituals.
- From the Shadows – In Shadows of Evil, spot the Shadowman fives times in one game.
- Not out of GobbleGum! – In Shadows of Evil, purchase and chew every type of GobbleGum in your Pack.
- Sorry, we’re DEAD – In Shadows of Evil, kill 10 zombies that are inside of a store in one game.
- Strike! – In Shadows of Evil, use the rocket shield attack to kill at least 10 zombies in one burst.
- Beat CoP – In Shadows of Evil, summon the Civil Protector in every district in a single game.
- The Spider and the Fly – In Shadows of Evil, kill 10 zombies ensnared by a Widow’s Wine grenade.
- Margwa Party – In Shadows of Evil, kill 2 Margwas in a single round.
- Parasite-Seeing – In Shadows of Evil, kill 5 Parasites while riding on the train.
- No Mercy – In Shadows of Evil, kill 5 crawling zombies in under 3 seconds.
- Crackshot – In Shadows of Evil, kill a zombie from over 50m away.
- Welcome to the Club – In Multiplayer, reach Sergeant (Level 10) by playing in a Public Match.
- Tactical Specialist – In Multiplayer, get 10 Medals based on Specialist Abilities.
- Deadly Specialist – In Multiplayer, get 10 Specialist-based multi-kill Medals from any of the Specialist Weapons.
- I Did It! – In Multiplayer, reach Commander (Level 55).
- As You Were – In Multiplayer, Prestige 1 time.
- I’m Special – In Multiplayer, complete all Specialist Challenges.
- Meat for the Grinder – In Multiplayer, complete all Boot Camp Challenges.
- Highly Adaptable – In Multiplayer, complete all Game Mode Challenges.
- Seen Some Things – In Multiplayer, complete all Career Challenges.
- Now What? – In Multiplayer, Prestige 10 times. (4)
- Packing Early – In Shadows of Evil, complete the Pack-A-Punch ritual during wave 1.
Check out the achievement list for current-gen here, for comparison.
Black Ops Cold War-themed Western Digital Black Drives available for a limited time
Western Digital has announced a limited time special edition of WD_BLACK drives themed after Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War.
Hard Drive/SSD manufacturer Western Digital has partnered with Activision to bring specially themed Black Ops Cold War Drives for a limited time.
The Western Digital Black Ops Cold War drives are available now and include specially branded WD_BLACK drives, some of the fastest available in the Western Digital inventory, all catered to gaming.
Included with each purchase will be Call of Duty Points, which fluctuates in quantity depending on which drive you purchase.
The designs of the drives are also quite nice for both the external and internal drives.
For the external drive, a hard drive and NVMe SSD is available, making sure next-gen console gamers and even PC gamers can get an easy to use and portable high-speed SSD.
Black Ops Cold War Themed Drives Prices & Availability
Currently, the specially themed drives are only available on Western Digital’s shop, and not at retailers such as Best Buy. Here’s the rundown of the selection.
- WD_BLACK P10 Game Drive (External Hard Drive) 2TB – $99.99
- Includes 1,100 CoD Points
- USB 3.2, 140MB/s read speeds
- WD_BLACK SN850 NVMe (Internal SSD) 1TB – $239.99
- Includes 2,400 CoD Points
- PCIe Gen4, ~7000MB/s read speeds
- WD_BLACK P50 NVMe SSD Game Drive (External SSD) 1TB – $249.99
- Includes 2,400 CoD Points
- SSD “Superspeed” USB 20Gb/s interface, 2000MB/s read speeds
As of writing, the WD_BLACK SN850 NVMe is currently out of stock. It’s unknown when there will be a restock, or if there is a plan to roll out these drives to retailers.
Image Credits: Activision/Western Digital
Ranking the top 5 best Call of Duty Zombies maps
Do you love zombies as much as we do? Here’s our picks for the top 5 Call of Duty Zombies maps ever created by developer Treyarch.
Here’s our picks for the 5 best Call of Duty: Zombies maps ever created.
Call of Duty Zombies has been around for almost 13 years now, starting with Call of Duty: World at War’s release in 2008. What started as a small bonus mode after completing the campaign turned into a phenomenon for Call of Duty, attracting new fans and creating a brand new core game mode for Treyarch titles.
This list will be our list of the top 5 Treyarch Zombies map, in no particular order. It is worth noting that both Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games have tried their own Zombies modes, with Sledgehammer attempting Exo Zombies in Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, then opting for traditional Zombies in Call of Duty: World War 2. Infinity Ward also tried in Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, and created a surprisingly fun/goofy experience.
If you’re a fan of those games, don’t expect to see any of the maps on this list, as we’re going to reminisce on some of the greatest Treyarch Zombies maps.
#5 – Origins (Black Ops 2)
Origins set a new standard for large-scale Zombies maps after its release as the final Black Ops 2 DLC map. With boss Zombies, upgradable elemental staffs, and a huge easter egg, the future was looking bright for the Call of Duty Zombies experience. Origins introduced the “Wunderfizz” machine, which awards players with a random perk in the game.
Players were also treated to many map secrets, which included being able to enter the giant robots that roamed the map, and also secret gramophones that unlocked access to a different realm.
Origins also saw a remaster in Black Ops 3 with the “Zombies Chronicles DLC”
#4 – Der Eisendrache (Black Ops 3)
Following the trend for large scale maps, Treyarch set out to make one of the most beautiful and fun Zombies maps with Der Esiendrache. Set in a large castle in Austria, this map had a few callbacks to Origins, with elemental bows instead of staffs and even mechanical Zombies, or “Panzersoldats”.
The easter egg for this map also had an epic boss fight against an Apothican Keeper, which rewarded players with a cutscene once completed.
#3 – Kino Der Toten (Black Ops)
One of two maps included with the launch of Call of Duty: Black Ops was Kino Der Toten, a simple Zombies map that took place in an abandoned German theater. This map marked the beginning of the next stage of the Zombies storyline and added the iconic “Thunder Gun” into the mystery box.
#2 – Der Riese (World at War)
Der Riese was the final map for World at War and introduced many huge changes to the Zombies formula, like the introduction of the iconic pack-a-punch machine. Additionally, teleporters were added for the first time, and the first real functional easter egg appeared on this map.
The Zombies storyline also truly took off from here, with the addition of secret audio logs hidden on radios around the map.
#1 – Ascension (Black Ops)
Prepare for takeoff! Ascension was the first DLC map added to Black Ops and set a high bar for the rest of the DLC additions. Players started the game entirely in black and white, only to see color when the power was switched on.
The map had several new amazing pieces of equipment, like the Gersh Device and Russian Dolls. Additionally, the new lunar landers added an extra layer of verticality across the map. Ascension had the first full-length story-driven easter egg in the franchise, which rewarded players with a 90-second death machine.
That’s it for our list of the best Call of Duty Zombies maps! Be sure to tweet us @CharlieIntel with your picks.
How to get a free CDL sticker in Warzone & Black Ops Cold War
Here’s how you can get a free Call of Duty League themed sticker in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Warzone.
Activision is offering players an exclusive Call of Duty League Sticker for Black Ops Cold War and Warzone.
The Call of Duty League 2021 kickoff starts this month, which means Activision is looking to expand marketing for the league.
The first marketing effort consists of a limited-edition “Squad Wipe” weapon sticker for players that will be useable in both Call of Duty: Warzone and Black Ops Cold War.
Note: The sticker will not be available in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare’s Multiplayer.
Here’s how you can get the sticker for yourself.
- 1: Have an Activision account in good standing (no bans).
- 2: Sign up for Call of Duty League email updates before February 4, 2021.
- 3: Enter name, email, birthday, country, and favorite teams on the sign-up website to be eligible.
- 4: Redeem the code emailed to you by January 21, 2022.
Expect the email to come shortly after the February 4, 2021, sign-up deadline. You can register for emails by using this link.
Image Credits: Activision