Day 4 of the Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout Beta is officially in the books, and Treyarch has shared a new blog post discussing what they’re looking into and working on based on feedback from the day.
Here’s what they’re working on after Day 4 of the beta:
- Teamkill Looting: One of the most upvoted requests concerns preventing teamkillers from looting the bodies of teammates they’ve killed. In addition to reporting bad behavior through the “Report Player” function in the Social menu (and continuing to ban players for intentional teamkilling), we agree with this approach and are adding this, or something similar, to our “To Do” list. We have a zero-tolerance policy for intentional teamkillers. Be sure to report them so we can bring the banhammer down.
- Audio Occlusion (AKA: Spatial Audio): We discovered and are fixing a critical bug where a player’s environment does not properly impact in-game sounds. This is why, for example, someone directly above or below the player can sound so much louder than expected. When the game is released, footsteps will be properly impacted by walls, floors, ceilings, and other objects in the world.
- Distinguishing Vehicle vs. Player Hits: We’ve seen requests to make it easier to determine if a player’s shots are hitting a vehicle or an enemy in or near that vehicle. This is already being fixed in time for launch. Players will know the difference based on the color of their hitmarkers.
- Armor Damage Indicator: Several players have asked for a clearer method of showing how much damage their Armor has taken. In the launch version of the game, players will see an Armor Health Bar that appears above their own Health Bar in the HUD when wearing Armor. The Armor icon will continue to break apart as it does now.
- Camera Controls While Downed: We’ve seen requests to allow free-looking camera controls when downed. We intentionally don’t allow this, as players should not have better situational awareness when downed than when they’re on their feet. Nonetheless, we will continue to evaluate the camera position and other tweaks.
- Scoreboard/Teammate Kill Counters: In the long term, we are working on some improvements to the After Action Report that will give players additional information about their team’s performance. We also have planned improvements for seeing performance stats in the game that will measure player Kills, Downs, Kills Confirmed, and Clean Ups, which will be separate from the “Players Left Alive” and “Players Spectating You” HUD details.
- Draws/#1 Place, but Game Over Instead of Victory Screen: Some of you have been surprised to see your match end in a draw. Same here! It’s very possible, but unlikely, that two players could trade kills, and we need to do a better job covering this edge case and others like it. Stay tuned.
- Killcam Details: In Blackout, players cannot access the Killcam until everyone on their team has been eliminated from the game. This is to prevent players from using the replay to give advanced situational knowledge to teammates still alive. After all members in a team have been eliminated, the Killcam button will appear on the Game Over screen.
COD 2020 Teasers: Black Ops 4 Summit map, Treyarch social profile
As we opened our new crates that Activision sent through, Black Ops 4’s Summit map got an update.
The screens in the center of the map in Black Ops 4 turned on which seem to match to what some of our slides show:
There’s also a look at clocks of 4 out of the 5 locations that some of us got as part of the slides to see:
These changes do appear to be new, especially the screens with the targets on them. Analyzing older images of the maps showcase that the screens were not showing the same thing.
In addition, Treyarch has updated their cover photo on social channels.
It’s getting cold out there…
Gameplay from Black Ops 4’s canceled campaign mode revealed
A user on Reddit, r/BlackOps4, has shared what appears to be the very first footage of gameplay from the canceled campaign mode of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, which released in October 2018, was the first Call of Duty game to not have a traditional campaign mode, instead opting to have three online-based modes.
Treyarch insisted throughout the year that they really didn’t have plans for a campaign and were focusing on an online connected experience for Black Ops 4, but many reports and sources described the campaign as being too ambitious and canceled because of issues with development.
On Reddit, a user has shared about two minutes of alpha footage of the gameplay of Black Ops 4’s campaign. The campaign, in alpha-state footage (meaning its not complete), had a very similar HUD to the MP experience of Black Ops 4. The user claims that the campaign and MP were supposed to be connected, and that’s why the HUD is so similar.
The gameplay starts by showing a message of “FIND THE AQUILUS CEO.”
Here’s the gameplay footage:
The user who posted this has not said where they got this gameplay footage as of now. He said he only has this footage, alongside an augmented footage of the engine of BO4, which he is not releasing at this time.
Double XP live in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 through February 6
To celebrate the big game this weekend, Treyarch is activating Double XP Quad Feed in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 this weekend – starting now.
Live in game now is:
- 2XP in MP
- 2XP in Zombies
- 2XP Party Game Moshpit
All of this is live in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. This is live through February 6 at 10AM PT.
For those still enjoying Black Ops 4, enjoy a new XP weekend!
This Week in Modern Warfare & Warzone: 2XP & Store Bundles
Call of Duty Blog has posted the latest This Week in Call of Duty post highlighting what players can expect in Call...
Black Ops Cold War Multiplayer Beta Dates announced
Activision has officially announced the dates for the upcoming Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Open Beta. The Open...
Treyarch dev says all CoD games have had SBMM, says it can be ‘tuned’
Treyarch’s Director of Technology Martin Donlon has spoken out on Twitter after fans have complained about SBMM in Call of...