As part of the Road to Launch stream for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, Treyarch’s Vonderhaar shared information on what is on their wish list and future list to do in Blackout, the new Battle Royale mode in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4.
We recapped all of the Day 1 changes since beta in another post, but here’s what Treyarch wants to do for Blackout beyond launch:
- Redeploy directly into the next game if you die
- Better looting system
- Better supply stash UI on consoles…better multi user UI
- Way more information on how you were eliminated. Want to add more details to kill cam to allow players to know what happened.
- They are working to adjust how you can look while using a wing suit.
- Given themselves new ability to tune Armor in Blackout. New capability allows Treyarch to change the hit location tables for the armor. Not in Day 1, but they are testing this out.
- They are discussing “rather than having Armor being picked up from a dead player, it becomes pieces of armor” that you can pick up to repair your own armor.
- Better HUD and UI. They want the game to be fun to watch. Take that pretty seriously.