The latest game Settings Update for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is live on PS4, Xbox, and PC with changes to Zombies and improvements across all modes.
Here’s all the details, directly from Treyarch:
Let’s cut right to the chase: last zombie bleed-out time has been doubled, XP earn rates have been boosted for solo and 2-player matches, we’re spawning fewer Hellhounds on mixed rounds in Blood of the Dead and Classified, and players can now use four unique Elixirs per round. We’ve also made other tweaks to ensure a more balanced Zombies experience in addition to these changes, so check out the full list below, jump into some matches, and let us know what you think.
Lastly, before we dig into today’s full notes: we are currently tracking players implementing an exploit that allows multiple copies of the same Perk to be equipped in Multiplayer. We are clearing those players’ Create-a-Class entries as a warning and will be banning repeat offenders after this point. This exploit will be resolved in an upcoming update.
As a reminder of our enforcement policy in Black Ops 4: Any player who abuses an exploit in game code or other established rule of play is subject to penalty.
- Black Market
- Black Market and Operation: First Strike now live on all platforms.
- Resolved a delay in displaying Black Market reward images in the After Action Report.
- General stability fixes and improvements across Multiplayer, Zombies, and Blackout.
- Black Market
- Doubled the bleed-out timer on the last zombie per round from 5 to 10 minutes.
- Increased the XP earn rate in solo and 2-player matches.
- Reduced frequency of Hellhounds that spawn on mixed rounds in Blood of the Dead and Classified.
- Increased maximum unique Elixir usage per round from 3 to 4.
- Decreased cooldown time on Common, Rare, Legendary, and Epic Elixirs.
- Decreased effective time on Aftertaste Elixir.
- Reduced effectiveness of Head Scan Elixir.
- Increased cooldown time on Classic Elixirs to balance increased last zombie bleed-out time.
- Adjusted cooldown for all Elixirs in Rush Mode.
- Corrected the Elixir cooldown reduction effect granted by the Time Slip Perk.
- Resolved an issue preventing players from completing the “Coming Through” Challenge.
- Resolved an issue where the “Up Close” and “Death Slider” Prestigious Challenges would reward the same Calling Card.
- Resolved a crash that occurred when triggering Brain Rot on underwater Zombies.
- Resolved an issue where joining a match after a round switch would record a Loss if your team lost the match.
- Resolved an issue preventing the Reactive Camo for the GKS Damascus from properly unlocking.
- Resolved an issue allowing the Access Denied Camo for the Strife to display as brighter than intended.
- Improved connection stability during loading screens.
Here’s what Treyarch is also working on for future updates:
- Zombies Nebulium Plasma: The Zombies team is planning to increase the earn rate for Nebulium Plasma across the board in an upcoming game update. Keep an eye on the patch notes soon!
- Zombies XP Earn Rates: The earn rate for Zombies XP on Hardened and Realistic difficulties will also be increased in a future update, to help ensure our most intrepid zombie slayers are rewarded for their efforts.
- Splitscreen Pausing in Zombies: We have heard the whispered prayers of high-round couch co-op players in need of a bathroom break! The ability to pause a local Zombies match in splitscreen is in the works.
- Mastery Camos in Zombies: As mentioned previously, we’re working on enabling Mastery Camos unlocked in Multiplayer to be applied to weapons in Zombies. Stay tuned.
COD 2020 Teasers: Black Ops 4 Summit map, Treyarch social profile
As we opened our new crates that Activision sent through, Black Ops 4’s Summit map got an update.
The screens in the center of the map in Black Ops 4 turned on which seem to match to what some of our slides show:
There’s also a look at clocks of 4 out of the 5 locations that some of us got as part of the slides to see:
These changes do appear to be new, especially the screens with the targets on them. Analyzing older images of the maps showcase that the screens were not showing the same thing.
In addition, Treyarch has updated their cover photo on social channels.
It’s getting cold out there…
Gameplay from Black Ops 4’s canceled campaign mode revealed
A user on Reddit, r/BlackOps4, has shared what appears to be the very first footage of gameplay from the canceled campaign mode of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, which released in October 2018, was the first Call of Duty game to not have a traditional campaign mode, instead opting to have three online-based modes.
Treyarch insisted throughout the year that they really didn’t have plans for a campaign and were focusing on an online connected experience for Black Ops 4, but many reports and sources described the campaign as being too ambitious and canceled because of issues with development.
On Reddit, a user has shared about two minutes of alpha footage of the gameplay of Black Ops 4’s campaign. The campaign, in alpha-state footage (meaning its not complete), had a very similar HUD to the MP experience of Black Ops 4. The user claims that the campaign and MP were supposed to be connected, and that’s why the HUD is so similar.
The gameplay starts by showing a message of “FIND THE AQUILUS CEO.”
Here’s the gameplay footage:
The user who posted this has not said where they got this gameplay footage as of now. He said he only has this footage, alongside an augmented footage of the engine of BO4, which he is not releasing at this time.
Double XP live in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 through February 6
To celebrate the big game this weekend, Treyarch is activating Double XP Quad Feed in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 this weekend – starting now.
Live in game now is:
- 2XP in MP
- 2XP in Zombies
- 2XP Party Game Moshpit
All of this is live in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. This is live through February 6 at 10AM PT.
For those still enjoying Black Ops 4, enjoy a new XP weekend!
Modern Warfare & Warzone Season 6 Update: Patch Notes
Infinity Ward is releasing the latest patch update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone at...
Modern Warfare & Warzone Season 6 PlayStation exclusive content
PlayStation Blog has announced the latest batch of exclusive content for PlayStation users in Modern Warfare and Warzone. Activision has...
Modern Warfare Survival mode available October 1 on all platforms
Activision has officially announced that Modern Warfare’s Survival mode, which launched on PlayStation only, is now coming to all platforms....