Treyarch has released a new game settings update for the Black Ops Cold War Beta on all platforms.
This update comes alongside Day 2 of the Open Crossplay Beta on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
The new in-game game settings update makes tuning changes to scorestreaks, fixes stability issues for some platforms, and tackles a couple of bugs that players have noticed.
- Adjusted score tuning to deliver a more consistent earn rate across all game modes.
- We’ve noticed a disparity of Scorestreak earn potential across game modes. Domination saw a high volume of Scorestreaks, while TDM saw less. This new adjustment now sits between where Domination and TDM were during the PS4 Beta.
- Increased score rewards for streaks of 6, 7, 8, and 9 kills to better reward players.
- We agree with feedback that players who go on killstreaks in the 6-9 range were not rewarded enough by the Scorestreak system, and had to go on too high of a streak to earn powerful Scorestreaks compared to past games. This update increases those score values to better reward players for going on higher streaks.
- Adjusted costs for all Beta Scorestreaks.
- The process of dialing in the exact Scorestreak earn rate that feels good for the majority of players will take a few rounds of feedback, and this is the next step. Our process here will allow us to better evaluate feedback after the Crossplay Open Beta to have Scorestreaks in a solid place for launch.
- Increased the cooldown on Spy Planes to help limit their numbers in the sky at one time.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when joining a match in progress where items were not properly spawned.
- Fixed a crash on PC that could occur on boot if Windows was set to certain languages with the “DD.MM.YYYY” date format (for example, Finnish and German).
- Additional general stability improvements on all platforms.
- Addressed an issue where a player could spawn outside of the map in Cartel at the start of a match.
2XP + 2X WEAPON XP NOW LIVE
Now through the rest of the Crossplay Open Beta, everyone gets 2XP and 2X Weapon XP to rank up and unlock weapon attachments twice as fast through the rest of the weekend! Don’t forget to reach level 10 to unlock the “Mutual Animosity” SMG Weapon Blueprint for launch.
The Black Ops Cold War Crossplay Beta ends October 19 at 10AM PT.
PlayStation exclusive Black Ops Cold War Zombies mode revealed
Sony PlayStation has announced the PlayStation exclusive content for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War.
The exclusive PlayStation content is a brand new Zombies mode is called ‘Zombies Onslaught.’
Here’s the reveal trailer for this mode, posted by PlayStation:
Warning. Containment Breach. Dark Aether anomalies have infested familiar locations across the globe with hordes of the undead in an all new Zombies experience – Onslaught. Grab a teammate in this 2-player co-operative experience and fight off wave after increasingly difficult wave of zombies. You have one goal… survive. Fight hard enough and you’ll reap exclusive rewards. Experience Onslaught first on PlayStation.* *Not available on other platforms until Nov 1. 2021.
Onslaught Mode Overview:
In Zombies Onslaught, you and one other Operator will deploy to one of several locations derived from various Multiplayer maps with your custom loadouts. These are the very same loadouts you’ll carry into traditional Zombies and Multiplayer, complete with your preferred primary weapon, whether it be an LMG, heavy-hitting sniper rifle, or other fully kitted-out tool for zombie destruction.
Once you drop in, the onslaught begins; the Dark Aether Orb will confine your duo to a specific space on the map, where the undead will begin spawning in. Killing these zombies will power the Orb. Kill enough Zombies and the Orb will move. While you’re inside the Orb, you won’t take Dark Aether damage from outside the specific map zone the Orb protects, helping keep players alive as they fight increasingly difficult undead enemies, with each “surge” bringing more resilient, faster and deadlier zombies.
As the Orb gains power and you clear out more enemies, expect to stay on the move as the safe area shifts to different areas around the map, forcing you to change strategies on the fly while fending off the undying horde.
Surges can also include Elite enemies, more powerful adversaries compared to the regular zombified masses. However, don’t count them as cannon fodder: the restricted area can bring them within arm’s length, which is all they need to bring you and your duo down.
For the sake of scoring, Elites should be your primary target, as you’ll receive either a Bronze, Silver, or Gold ranking based on the number of Elites you and your partner can defeat.
By achieving a specific rank, you will unlock useful rewards for use across Zombies and Multiplayer. Each season, new maps and rewards will be introduced for PS4 and PS5 players.
The Zombies Onslaught will be timed exclusive until November 1, 2021.
The overall Zombies experience, including the main storyline maps, will be on PlayStation, Xbox, and PC.
Activision x PlayStation
Activision and PlayStation have continued their partnership for Call of Duty since 2015, and has changed over the years. It started off as giving PlayStation players DLC first, then moving to all new post launch content first.
In 2019, the deal changed to allow all post launch maps & modes to release simultaneously on all platforms, but gave PlayStation players timed exclusive content, including Modern Warfare’s Survival mode, for one year.
Black Ops Cold War music composed by Jack Wall
Jack Wall has been confirmed as the composer for the Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War theme.
As first reported by SPIN, Jack Wall returns to compose the theme for the game, after being featured composer for previous Call of Duty: Black Ops games.
“I wanted to create something for the main menu that immediately said very clearly ‘Cold War’: Reagan, Brezhnev, Soviet choir,” Wall said. “I wrote a distinctly ‘of the era’ Soviet-sounding theme, mixing Soviet choir and orchestra with dark synths. Making music and sounds from the ‘80s — [using instruments like] Moog Modular, Minimoog, and CS80, as well as other soft synths — to give it that dark, shadowy Black Ops feel in the time of larger-than-life Cold War political figures like Reagan and Brezhnev.”
Treyarch has also released the Black Ops Cold War main music theme song on their YouTube Channel.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is available on November 13 on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC.
Black Ops Cold War Beta Oct 18 Patch Notes: Attachments
Treyarch has released a new game settings update for the Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Crossplay Beta.
The new update on October 18 unlocks attachments for everyone to use across the board. Treyarch wants fans to try out all the different combinations available in the Gunsmith before the beta ends.
In addition, the beta is being extended for an extra 24 hours, now ending on October 20 at 10AM PT thanks to the community finishing a new Easter Egg.
The update also brings up stability update and fixes to the Beta.
See the full patch notes below, and dive in before the Beta ends!
October 18 Patch Notes:
ALL ATTACHMENTS UNLOCKED + 2XP CONTINUES
Today, we’ve unlocked all attachments for every weapon to help everyone test out a wider variety of loadouts for the remainder of the Beta, and 2XP continues for all players so everyone can rank up twice as fast unlock more weapons. Get out there and build your perfect loadout for every situation.
OPEN BETA EXTENDED 24 HOURS!
Thanks to the Call of Duty community’s code-breaking efforts to uncover more hidden secrets via Pawn Takes Pawn, an extra day of the Beta has been unlocked for everyone! The Crossplay Open Beta now ends at 10AM PT on Tuesday, Oct. 20th.
We’ve also implemented some new stability improvements in our latest update:
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur if the player’s score tracking was not set properly.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur in certain cases when a disconnected player was going to be awarded credit for a kill.
- Addressed an issue where Activision Friends were shown offline when they were online.
Modern Warfare & Warzone Oct 23 Update: Playlists & Bug Fixes
Infinity Ward has released a new playlist update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone. This...
PlayStation exclusive Black Ops Cold War Zombies mode revealed
Sony PlayStation has announced the PlayStation exclusive content for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War. The exclusive PlayStation content...
Call of Duty: Mobile surpasses 300 million downloads
Activision Blizzard has revealed that Call of Duty: Mobile has reached a new milestone. In a tweet celebrating one year...