Treyarch has released a new Game Settings Update for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War on December 10.
The new game settings update is live on all platforms. It includes the return of Nuketown 24/7 playlist for players enjoying that map, bug fixes, and more.
The latest update also features some changes to the scorestreaks, including scorestreak value updates and adjustments.
Treyarch shared the full patch notes on the studio’s blog, as usual.
- Nuketown 24/7
- Replaced Motherland Moshpit with Nuketown 24/7 in Featured Playlists.
- Addressed a minor recoil issue with the M60 LMG.
- Improved alignment of Multizoom scope for better accuracy.
- Now destroys Sentry Turrets with a single explosion (previously two).
- Cruise Missile
- Addressed an issue with Cruise Missile voiceover not playing properly.
- Napalm Strike
- Reduced radius by 16%.
- Reduced inner damage by 10%.
- Reduced outer damage by 12.5%.
- Reduced outer damage by 20%.
- Corrected an issue with explosion damage.
- Attack Helicopter
- Increased cost from 4500 to 5000.
- VTOL Escort
- Reduced cost from 8000 to 7000.
- Chopper Gunner
- Increased cost from 6500 to 8000.
- Closed an exploit that could allow players to reset the Combat Bow and War Machine ammo.
- Addressed an issue that prevented the Hunter Mastery Calling Card from unlocking.
- Added general stability fixes.
- Addressed an issue where an Ammo Mod attachment would appear on screen after using the Arsenal with a Wonder Weapon in the player’s possession.
- Icons for Wunderfizz Perks are now grayed out if the player can’t afford them.
Dead Ops Arcade
- Added stability fix for the Room of Judgment event.
- Updated Combat Record to represent currently available items.
- Addressed an issue where Battle Pass UI could display before Season One begins.
Vanguard devs explain why game size will be much smaller than Warzone & Cold War
Thanks to new tech, Call of Duty: Vanguard’s file size is set to be much smaller than Warzone and Cold War at launch.
Call of Duty players have grown increasingly frustrated with Warzone and Cold War’s massive file size, but Activision has explained why the problem will be fixed in Vanguard.
As Modern Warfare, Warzone, and Black Ops Cold War continue to update, the games’ file sizes have kept growing. Black Ops Cold War is now sitting at around 200 GB, with Warzone adding at least another 50 GB. If you have a smaller hard drive, Call of Duty doesn’t leave much room for anything else.
Activision already allows you to uninstall certain aspects of the games such as Campaign and Zombies, but they have plans to significantly reduce Vanguard’s file size at launch.
“Good news for hard drives everywhere,” tweeted Call of Duty on October 26. “Vanguard’s install size at launch will be significantly below previous Call of Duty releases.”
They didn’t reveal Vanguard’s exact file size, but players can expect to “save up to 30%-50%+ on next-gen console and PC hard drive disk space.” Although last-gen consoles weren’t mentioned, next-gen editions take up significantly more room, so this should bring the sizes more in-line.
This will be done through “new on-demand texture streaming tech,” which is already available in Modern Warfare and Warzone for PC. Rather than taking up space on your hard drive, textures are downloaded on the go. Warzone players previously saved around 25 GB when it was introduced, but their new tech appears to be more effective at reducing file size.
Of course, this could cause issues for players with a poor internet connection, so it remains to be seen if it’ll be optional.
This also lines up with the Microsoft Store listing that Vanguard will be 75 GB on Xbox One, and 95 GB on Xbox Series X|S. These early sizes are much smaller than Cold War’s 133 GB launch size.
Warzone and Vanguard will integrate later this year, bringing the new RICOCHET anti-cheat and new Pacific map. Warzone is currently tied to Modern Warfare, but it’s expected to shift over to Vanguard with Season 1. This could bring across the new tech, but we’ll need to wait for official confirmation.
We’re less than a fortnight away from Vanguard’s November 5 release, so we expect to find out more details before launch.
For more Call of Duty: Warzone, you can check out YouTuber JGOD’s best weapons ahead of Vanguard’s integration.
Image Credit: Activision
Overwolf respond to Warzone & Cold War Windows 11 player bans
Overwolf have responded to reports that Warzone and Cold War players are getting permanently banned for using it alongside Windows 11.
Call of Duty PC players have reported that using a combination of Windows 11 and Overwolf software is getting them permanently banned from Warzone and Cold War, and Overwolf have now responded to the issue.
Call of Duty devs have been waging an ongoing war with hackers and cheaters, with one dev saying that they are “ruining some of the best work” of his life. Over 800,000 accounts have now been banned, but perhaps not all bans are fair.
Cold War and Warzone PC players are claiming that upgrading to Windows 11 and using it alongside Overwolf is causing them to be permanently banned. Overwolf have now acknowledged the issue and put measures in place to prevent these wrongful bans.
Overwolf is a platform used to create and install in-game apps, such as ‘Outplayed’ which allows players to record their footage. However, this Overwolf app is reportedly causing permabans when used alongside Windows 11.
Several users, including Reddit user WraithGG, claimed they were permanently banned from Warzone after attempting to open Cold War on an Insider Build of Windows 11, with Outplayed from Overwolf open. WraithGG said that this is a “well known and apparently rather common issue,” and both Activision and Overwolf are “refusing” to lift the ban or help.
“I have finally received a response from Activision telling me that despite being innocent, they cannot unban my account,” said WraithGG. “They have acknowledged the error in the ban, but are refusing to lift the ban as all bans are final.”
Overwolf have now responded to the issue. In a blog post, they said that “we are aware of a number of users who have been banned after playing Cold War and Warzone on Windows 11 while using Overwolf.”
“While we are not responsible for the bans, Support Main is one of our core values and we immediately began to look into the issue to protect gameplay and our community,” they continued. “For background, Cold War has been supported on Overwolf for months without any bans or issues.”
They then outlined the steps they’ve made since:
- “We have released an update to our games list to change the way the Overwolf overlay works and will no longer trigger a ban from Activision while using Windows 11. It’s important to note that in the 24 hours following this change, we have not had any new ban reports.
- We’re working closely with the very top levels at Activision, and we’ll do whatever we can to help those whose accounts have been banned. We can’t promise it will work, but we’ll give it our best shot.”
Overwolf said they will keep the community updated if they have any more information to share.
- Read more: Best LC10 loadout for CoD: Warzone Season 6
Now that the issue has been officially acknowledged, Activision may change their stance and unban players flagged for using Windows 11. This could be a similar story to Cold War Zombies players who were unfairly banned by the Sail 630 Nuclear Bug, and later had their accounts restored.
Image Credit: Activision
Cold War October 26 update patch notes: Battle Axe hit registry fix, playlist update, more
Treyarch Studios has rolled out the Black Ops Cold War October 26 update patch notes, and we have all of the details covered for you.
The Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War October 26 update patch notes have been officially revealed by Treyarch Studios, and they include some major changes and fixes for the first-person shooter.
However, Treyarch Studios is still working on making Black Ops Cold War as good as it can be which is why the focus of the Cold War October 26 update patch notes was on fixing some major issues players have been facing recently.
You can find the Black Ops Cold War October 26 update patch notes and everything they are changing below:
Black Ops Cold War October 26 update patch notes
THE HAUNTING CONTINUES
There’s only one week left in The Haunting limited-time event! Nuketown Halloween, Scream Deathmatch, Infected, and Hallows’ Eve Outbreak continue this week in Featured Playlists, along with some spooky new bundles appearing throughout the week. In today’s update, we’ve added a 10-second time extension for every Survivor killed in Infected, new stability and bug fixes in Zombies, improved hit registration for the Battle Axe in MP and Zombies, and more.
Starting this Friday, get ready for another Triple-Double Weekend featuring Double XP, Double Weapon XP, and Double Battle Pass XP until 10AM PT Monday, Nov. 1st! If you haven’t completed every challenge in The Haunting to unlock the LAPA SMG, your time is running out. Tick, tock…
Here’s what’s new today:
- Battle Axe
- Addressed an issue that could prevent hits from the Battle Axe from registering properly on nearby enemies in Multiplayer and Zombies.
- Killing a Survivor now adds 10 seconds to the match timer.
- Nuketown Halloween
- Scream Deathmatch
- Gunfight Blueprints [NEW]
- Face Off 6v6
- 12v12 Moshpit
- Party Games (includes Nuketown Halloween Prop Hunt)
- Added stability fixes for issues related to weapon rarity, score from vehicles, upgrade machines, Pumpkin Heads, and Armor spawns.
- Addressed an issue that prevented the “Trick-or-Treat” event Challenge from unlocking in Zombies during The Haunting.
Dead Ops Arcade 3
- Addressed an issue that allowed multiple players to receive multiple rewards from one stone or chest.
- Addressed an issue that allowed multiple players to use an arcade machine at the same time.
- Hallows’ Eve Outbreak
- Outbreak (Endless and 3 Region)
- Mauer der Toten
- Firebase Z
- Die Maschine
- Dead Ops Arcade 3 (Standard and First-Person)
- Onslaught (PlayStation®)
- Onslaught Elite (PlayStation)
- Onslaught Containment (PlayStation)
Source: Treyarch Studios
Image Credits: Activision / Treyarch Studios
FIFA 22 La Liga Player of the Month: October nominees, release date & SBC requirements
Nominees for the FIFA 22 October Player of the Month in La Liga have been announced, here's everything you need...
Destiny 2 Season of the Lost Xur glitch offers Legendary weapons and rolls
A Destiny 2 glitch is keeping Xur around longer than normal, packed with Legendary weapons possessing incredible god rolls.
How to complete Bounties in Fortnite Season 8: All Bounty Board locations
Here's how to complete Bounties in Fortnite Season 8 to earn Gold, as well as all 18 of the Bounty...