YouTuber CodeNamePizza has discovered how to instantly unlock Diamond Camo on any weapon in Black Ops Cold War.
With each new Call of Duty installment, a brand new mastery camo is added for players to achieve through long sets of challenges. These challenges are often difficult and lead to several days of gameplay to complete.
For Black Ops Cold War, the Diamond camo acts as a milestone for each weapon category. Once all weapons in a selected category have been mastered (via gold camo unlock) diamond camo is unlocked. While not as impressive as the Dark Matter Ultra or Dark Aether camos, Diamond still is a visually pleasing camo.
Recently, in a YouTube video by CodeNamePizza, a strategy to unlock Diamond camo instantly has been discovered. Players can unlock the camo right now and presumably can use it until a proper patch is rolled out for the game.
Note: You can do this for Multiplayer Diamond Camo or Zombies Plague Diamond.
How To Instantly Unlock Diamond Camo
- Step 1: Grab a friend and have them host a Black Ops Cold War Multiplayer Lobby.
- Step 2: Go to create-a-class and ensure you have the Law Breaker wild card equipped on a class.
- Step 3: Equip any weapon into the secondary slot that you want Diamond camo on. You must only have the first camo unlocked for this to work.
- Step 4: Hover over the first camo
- Step 5: Open the friends list by hitting Y on Xbox or Triangle on PlayStation. (On PC, whichever shortcut is bound)
- Step 6: Have your friend (the lobby host) switch over to Zombies.
- Step 7: Once in Zombies, back from the Social tab to the camo screen.
- Step 8: Select the first camo you previously hovered over, and it will instantly unlock all camos for the selected weapon.
- Step 9: Go to the weapons mastery tab and select Diamond camo.
- Step 10: From the camo tab, open the friends list again.
- Step 11: Have the host change to Multiplayer again.
- Step 12: Go back to the camo tab and apply the Diamond camo again.
You should now have the camo unlocked and applied on your gun in Multiplayer. Expect this method to be fixed in a future patch.
Season 1 Vanguard update set to sync progression from Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
Treyarch’s latest announcement has detailed how Black Ops Cold War progression will sync to Vanguard with upcoming update.
As season 6 of Black Ops Cold War comes to a close, the devs have announced that an update will allow progress earned in last year’s title to sync to Vanguard.
Call of Duty players have just received confirmation that playing previous Call of Duty titles will work toward progressing in Vanguard. A new update is set to hit Black Ops Cold War on December 6th in preparation for the massive launch of Vanguard Season 1 on December 8.
The patch notes detail synchronized progression with Vanguard as well as new Prestige Levels and rewards, Season Challenge unlocks for the past six seasons, new Prestige Shop content, and weapon balancing.
Black Ops Cold War fans will be happy to hear that the game is going to continue to receive updates alongside Call of Duty: Vanguard. The latest announcement from Treyarch shares plenty of info concerning shared progression across Call of Duty titles.
Players will enjoy synced progression from each of Modern Warfare, Black Ops Cold War, and Warzone toward Vanguard. This may seem complicated but it just means that playing any of the three titles mentioned above will earn progression for Vanguard.
Synced progression entails unlocking Military Rank, weapons, Equipment, and Killstreaks. In addition, there will be a ton of interesting details such as allowing players to showcase their lifetime Prestige number earned across past titles.
Some changes will go live on December 6 while the rest will occur on December 8.
- Synchronized Military Ranks and Prestige Levels
- Military Rank and Prestige Level progression will be synchronized with Vanguard at the launch of Season One.
- All players will begin the season at the Military Rank or Prestige Level they have currently reached in Vanguard, or Military Rank 1 if they have not played Vanguard yet.
- Players can progress Vanguard Military Ranks in Black Ops Cold War, Warzone, and Modern Warfare to unlock weapons, Equipment, Killstreaks, and other content for use in Vanguard and Warzone.
- Prestige Rewards
- Complete Military Ranks 1-55 to start a new Prestige journey, with new Prestige Levels to unlock across Black Ops Cold War, Vanguard, Warzone, and Modern Warfare.
- In Season One, players can earn up to Prestige 7 as they progress their Season Level. Four additional Prestige Levels will be added per season.
- Each Prestige Level awards a Prestige Key, Tier Skip, Emblem, and Sticker in Black Ops Cold War.
- Reach Season Level 50 in Season One to unlock the exclusive “Duck Hunt” Weapon Blueprint for use in Vanguard and Warzone.
- Lifetime Prestige
- Lifetime Prestige display added to Black Ops Cold War and Warzone at the start of Vanguard Season One that display the total number of Prestige Levels earned across previous seasons and in Vanguard.
- Prestige Master Ribbons
- Players can now continue their Black Ops Cold War Prestige Master Ribbon progression. Each season, a new Prestige Master Ribbon will be added to the current six Black Ops Cold War Prestige Master Ribbons.
- Players can progress their Prestige Master Ribbons in Black Ops Cold War, Vanguard, Warzone, and Modern Warfare by reaching Prestige Master at Season Level 200.
- Players can now catch up on missed Prestige Master Ribbons each time they earn 200 Season Levels in a season. For example, reaching Season Level 400 will award two Prestige Master Ribbons, if available.
- Black Ops Cold War Prestige Icons will be unlocked and available in the Prestige Shop for anyone who earned them in previous seasons.
- Players can now equip any acquired Prestige Icon (1-27) as long as they’ve reached Prestige Master at least once in a current or previous season.
- Players do not need to currently be Prestige Master to access Custom Prestige Icons in the Prestige Shop.
- Equipped Prestige Icons will no longer be reset at the start of each season.
- All previous Black Ops Cold War Season Challenges will be revealed and can be progressed by players who hadn’t revealed them over the course of previous seasons. Legacy Season Challenges can continue to be progressed in Black Ops Cold War.
- Starting with Season One, players can access and progress new Multiplayer Season Challenges in Vanguard and Warzone, as well as Zombies Season Challenges in Vanguard.
Weapon Unlock Challenges
- .410 Ironhide
- Weapon unlock challenge added to Multiplayer and Zombies for the .410 Ironhide Shotgun.
- Weapon unlock challenge added to Multiplayer and Zombies for the Grav Assault Rifle.
Weapon Tuning (Dec. 6)
- Reduced Damage Range from 3.81m to 3.68m.
- Increased Damage drop-off when fired beyond 3.68m.
- Dragon’s Breath Attachment
- Now has a -5% effect on Fire Rate.
- Increased Damage Range penalty from -25% to -35%.
- Reduced Damage bonus from +17% to +16%.
- 12.1″ Extended Barrel
- Reduced Damage Range bonus from +20% to +15%.
- Updated Lobby theming in Multiplayer and Zombies.
Zombies (Dec 6)
- Closed an exploit during the Main Quest boss fight.
- Added “Not Enough Essence” prompt to the Arcade Token dispenser when the player does not have enough Essence to purchase a token.
Mauer der Toten
- Addressed an issue where a texture was not appearing correctly after melting the door during the Main Quest.
- Enemies killed by Brain Rot zombies will now contribute toward the Dragon Relic World Event.
- Added Onslaught Containment and Onslaught Deprogram to offline Local play.
- Fixed stability issues related to the Arsenal.
That covers everything from the upcoming Black Ops Cold War update. If you’re enjoying Vanguard, be sure to check out how this update impacts your gaming experience on December 8.
For more Vanguard content, check out why Zombies players are disappointed with Vanguard.
Image Credit: Activision / Sledgehammer Games / Treyarch
Will you be able to use Cold War and Modern Warfare weapons in Warzone Pacific?
Our quick and easy guide will answer the question of whether or not players can use Cold War and Modern Warfare guns in Warzone Pacific.
One question on everyone’s mind ahead of Warzone Pacific’s Caldera map is whether or not you’ll be able to use Modern Warfare and Black Ops Cold War’s guns in it. We will answer that for you today.
Call of Duty: Warzone already has a ridiculously bloated arsenal of weapons for players to choose from. With over 100 guns to select as of Warzone Season 6, the transition into Warzone Pacific and the new Caldera map will see all of Vanguard’s guns added.
Can you use Modern Warfare and Cold War weapons in Warzone Pacific?
Fans of any of Modern Warfare and Black Ops Cold War’s weapons will be pleased to know that they too will also be carrying over into Warzone Pacific.
In an exclusive interview with Dexerto, Zach Hodson, Lead Designer at Sledgehammer Games discussed how Vanguard’s weapons will have to be considered when being added to all the other existing guns in the game.
He said that SHG has to keep a “separate balance sheet to track how things might work in Warzone.” Presumably, this is to factor in the extra 40 guns, taking Warzone up to a total of about 150 guns for players to use.
It should be noted that Warzone Pacific game modes will tailor the guns to its different game modes. Warzone Caldera Battle Royale will allow the use of all guns, whereas Vanguard-specific modes will only allow the use of Vanguard weapons.
How to use Cold War & MW weapons in Warzone Pacific
Whilst there’s nothing concrete just yet, we think that to use these weapons in Warzone Pacific, players will simply be able to select the ones they have unlocked once the Season 1 integration with Vanguard goes live.
When Black Ops Cold War and Warzone merged, it was a simple case of players being able to use the guns that they’d unlocked in Cold War, Modern Warfare, and Warzone. If you hadn’t unlocked a certain gun, then you could complete a challenge condition that was different in each game.
We expect this to be exactly the same in Warzone Pacific, and it’ll be up to the preference of the player, and their availability of each CoD game, to decide how to unlock particular weapons.
We’ll be sure to update this once Sledgehammer Games and Raven Software have provided a bit more official insight into the integration of weapons.
In the meantime, check out everything we know about Vanguard and Warzone Season 1.
Image Credit: Activision / Raven Software / Sledgehammer Games
Cold War players claim they’ll boycott game as “best mode” removal sparks fury
Black Ops Cold War fans are claiming they will boycott the game after the “best mode” was removed, days before Vanguard’s release.
Hours before Vanguard’s release, players are claiming they’ll boycott Black Ops Cold War following the removal of the game’s “best mode.”
With Activision releasing a new Call of Duty annually, each game’s lifespan is two years tops. Some CoD titles will fizzle out before then, while others hang on for dear life near the end of year two.
Vanguard aims to take players back to WWII. Many fans have expressed their disappointment with returning to an oversaturated time period. So much so that players had planned on sticking with Black Ops Cold War for a second year.
However, players’ plans to stick with BOCW changed after the recent removal of the fan-favorite 12v12 mode. This isn’t the first time Treyarch removed this mode, but fans have reason to believe it won’t be coming back.
Fans boycott Cold War following 12v12 removal
Just days before Vanguard’s release, Treyarch has pulled the plug on Black Ops Cold War’s 12v12 mode. And of course, fans are furious. Players that had planned to stick with BOCW for a second year are now boycotting the game until 12v12 is reinstated.
Many fans have taken to Twitter and Reddit to express their disappointment. Tweets from users like chaigrima and ColvinoYT state that 12v12 was the “only reason” they played CW Multiplayer.
Replies to posts similar to these are from fans stating they won’t be returning to BOCW until 12v12 is reinstated. And a Reddit post from u/RagingSerenity claims that 12v12 was BOCW’s “best game mode” and the game is boring now that it’s gone.
For the most part, fans understand why Treyarch removed the game mode. Activision wants Vanguard to sell as many copies as possible at launch. And one of the best ways to do so is to throttle players’ enjoyment of a previous title.
With so many players flooding Vanguards servers over the coming days, Activision may also need to free up server space. Nonetheless, BOCW fans are still outraged at the removal of 12v12. And it’s hard to say whether Treyarch can justify bringing it back after the release of Vanguard.
Image Credit: Activision / Treyarch
Fortnite 19.10 update early patch notes: Downtime, bug fixes & Tilted Towers returns
Fortnite's next major update is expected to bring back a fan-favorite POI, so here's everything you need to know about...
How to complete Ultimate Team Base or Mid Icon Player Pick SBC in FIFA 22
A Base or Mid Icon Player Pick SBC has dropped in FIFA 22 Ultimate Team, here’s the SBC requirements and...
How to fix Warzone crashing & freezing issues on Xbox
Warzone has suffered a number of issues since the Pacific update on Xbox, so here's how to stop it from...