Treyarch has released a new Game Settings Update for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War on February 18.
The game settings update includes the new playlist update for this week in Cold War, which features the following update:
- Throwback Moshpit [NEW]
- Snipers Only Moshpit
- Nuketown 24/7
- Gunfight Blueprints
- Prop Hunt
- Face Off
Treyarch blog’s blog has provided the patch notes and overview of the new update:
THROWBACK MOSHPIT DEBUTS + MORE
We’re introducing the new Throwback Moshpit playlist this week to send Season One off with a bang, featuring three fan-favorite maps on classic respawn modes. Jump in to play on Express, Raid, and Nuketown ‘84 in a moshpit of TDM, Domination, Kill Confirmed, and Hardpoint today through the end of Season One.
We’ve also implemented some additional League Play fixes, Zombies stability improvements, and an adjustment to potential Trophy System damage in our latest update – see below for the full list of changes.
Note: We’re currently investigating a visual bug that can incorrectly display a negative Gem balance or reset ranks in League Play. As always, you can get more info on this and other known issues we’re tracking at our Trello board here.
Here’s what’s new since our last update:
- Trophy System
- Reduced the amount of damage that the Trophy System Field Upgrade can deal to players.
- Addressed an issue that allowed certain Dual Wield weapons to be equipped in League Play.
- Addressed an issue with preset classes appearing as Unbound in Create-a-Class.
- Addressed an issue with missing Rank icons in the Rank / Ladder UI display.
- Addressed an issue that caused the “Events Processing” UI display to appear incorrectly.
- Fixed crashes related to the Mangler, Plaguehound, Assault Rounds, and Essence Traps.
Black Ops Cold War Feb 26 patch notes: 2XP, Prop Hunt, and more
Treyarch has released a new Game Settings Update for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War on all platforms.
The Game Settings update follows this week’s release of Season 2 in Black Ops Cold War on all platforms, which brought a variety of new content across MP & Zombies.
This game settings update address some performance issues on all platforms since the Season 2 launch, alongside makes a few adjustments to MP, League Play, and Zombies.
Catch up on what’s new in the game settings update with the patch notes below.
- 2XP + 2WXP Weekend
- Double XP and Double Weapon XP now live in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone through 10AM PT Monday, March 1st.
- Addressed framerate performance issues on all platforms since Season Two launch.
- Addressed an issue that allowed players to stand outside of the intended play space outside of the basketball court.
- Addressed an issue that allowed players to capture the P3 Hardpoint zone outside of the boundary.
- Prop Hunt
- Added Prop Hunt to Featured Playlists (Feb. 25).
- Added Apocalypse to Prop Hunt map pool.
After Action Report
- Addressed an issue where both teams would display the same score in the After Action Report.
- Added the Outbreak Event tab to League Play.
- Added the Challenges tab to League Play.
- Re-enabled the Calling Cards tab in the Player Identity list in League Play.
- Addressed an issue where Tokens could not be redeemed from the League Play lobby.
- Addressed an issue with the Rank 1 emblem being present in multiple locations before a player had completed Placement Matches.
- Addressed stability issues related to Objectives, Hellhounds, Plaguehounds, Trials Machine, and Dragon Relic.
- Added various crash fixes.
- Addressed an issue that was resulting in lower-than-intended Outbreak Match bonus XP totals.
- Addressed various enemy pathing issues.
- Addressed an issue that caused a loss of functionality for the parachute after going down from a fall.
- Field Upgrades
- Addressed an issue where the Aether Shroud Field Upgrade could lose its initial full charge during the Retrieve Objective.
- Closed an exploit that allowed the Death Machine to be used indefinitely.
- Addressed a UI error that would appear when pinging the Trials Computer.
- Ray Gun
- Added a cap to the amount of splash damage the Ray Gun and other weapons can inflict on the player.
Black Ops Cold War’s Cartel map received major changes in Season 2
Cartel, one of Black Ops Cold War’s most controversial maps, has received a new makeover as part of the game’s Season 2 launch.
As well as adding new maps and content to Black Ops Cold War, Treyarch has also changed up some of the game’s existing maps – namely Cartel – in Season 2.
The subtle alteration of an original map can transform it from being one of the game’s older maps to feeling completely fresh and revitalized. Treyarch had already announced that the much-maligned Miami map would be getting a more eye-pleasing version of itself later in Season 2.
In the meantime, as well as the new Apocalypse map, we also get a more updated version of one of the game’s founding maps – Cartel.
Whereas maps like Moscow and Crossroads have flourished and become popular fan-favorites in Black Ops Cold War, Cartel has suffered a more muted reception.
It’s not a bad map, but it gained negative reception, as early as its Beta testing, due to the large bushes that obscure crucial portions of the map.
These obtrusive hedges have finally been acknowledged by Treyarch who finally heard the Black Ops Cold War crowd, and duly chopped them down.
The Official Treyarch blog posted pictures showing the before and after saying:
“On Cartel, we brought in the hedge trimmers and made several requested cover adjustments throughout the map, reducing the height of the bushes in certain locations to make engagements more predictable.”
There’s definitely a big improvement in the map as your line of sight is a lot more clear, and it allows you to see more clearly from one side of the map to the other.
Whereas engagements had an element of unpredictability about them before, they are now more full-on, allowing for greater comfort moving around the map.
Image credits: Treyarch
Best FARA 83 Loadout for Black Ops Cold War Season 2
The FARA 83 is an extemely powerful Assault Rifle in Cold War Season 2, so here are the best attachments and perks to run with it.
The FARA 83, or Galil, has arrived along with Black Ops Cold War Season 2, so here are the best attachments and perks to maximize its potential.
This real-life weapon is modeled after the Israeli Galil, which some Call of Duty fans will be familiar with. The FARA 83 is a nice throwback to the original Black Ops’ Galil, while also offering something new.
With a fast fire rate and manageable recoil, this new Assault Rifle is a solid choice no matter your playstyle. We’ve put together the best attachments and perks you can run with the FARA 83 in Cold War’s multiplayer.
Best Cold War FARA 83 class
- Optic: Microflex LED
- Muzzle: Muzzle Break 5.56
- Barrel: 18.1″ Takedown
- Laser: Tiger Team Spotlight
- Stock: KGB Skeletal Stock
- Underbarrel: Spetsnaz Grip
- Ammunition: VDV 50 Rnd Fast Mag
- Rear Grip: GRU Elastic Wrap
This FARA 83 is built for accuracy and damage at range, with some attachments to increase also increase its mobility. With this FARA 83, you’ll be able to provide excellent AR support for your team but also get up-close if the need arises.
The FARA 83’s iron sights are quite obtrusive, so we’ve added the Microflex LED for easier target acquisition. Also, to allow you to spot enemies from further away, especially in the darkness of Miami, you should add the Tiger Team Spotlight which reveals enemies from further away.
As this weapon is built for range, the 18.1″ Takedown barrel is a solid choice. You’ll receive 150% extra damage at range, meaning you’ll be able to take out far-off enemies with only a few shots. To make hitting these far-off shots easier, we’ve added the Spetsnaz Grip and Muzzle Break 5.56 for extra horizontal and vertical recoil control.
However, these attachments will make the weapon slow and heavy so to improve mobility, you should run the KGB Skeletal Stock and GRU Elastic Wrap. Together, these will buff your ADS time, sprint to fire speed, and movement while aiming.
And finally, to stop yourself from having to reload mid-fight, you should use the VDV 50 Rnd Fast Mag. You’ll have more bullets at your disposal and an increased reload speed to boot.
You can use all eight of these attachments with the Gunfighter Wildcard equipped. If you’d rather use another Wildcard, you should remove the Barrel, Laser, and Stock attachments.
Best perks for Cold War’s FARA 83
Perk 1: Tactical Mask
While holding down lines of sight with ARs, a well-placed Stun or Flash grenade will leave you defenseless. With Tactical Mask equipped, the tactical grenades will have no real effect on you.
Perk 2: Scavenger
As the FARA 83 has a fast fire rate, you’ll find yourself quickly running out of ammo if on a killstreak. To keep using your weapon without trading it out, Scavenger will allow you to resupply from fallen players.
Perk 3: Ghost
While playing Black Ops Cold War, you want to be constantly unpredictable and on the move to keep the enemies guessing.
If the opposite team pops a Spy Plane, however, any hope of taking the enemies by surprise is gone. The Ghost perk will hide you from Spy Planes while moving, using an SnD bomb, or operating a Scorestreak.
The FARA 83 is a powerful Assault Rifle no matter your playstyle, and these attachments and perks will maximize its potential in Cold War’s multiplayer.
Image Credit: Treyarch
Warzone glitch results in easy wins for Rebirth Island
A glitch exists in the Warzone Rebirth Island map, which is awarding players with free wins by simply not playing.
Best FFAR loadout for CoD: Warzone Season 2
BOCW's FFAR is an Assault Rifle with an incredible fire rate, so here's the best attachments to maximize its potential...
How to get exclusive Batman skins in Fortnite with DC Comics
Exclusive Batman universe themed skins may appear soon in Fortnite according to popular dataminer ShiinaBR.