Treyarch has released a new Game Settings Update for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War on all platforms.
The Game Settings update follows this week’s release of Season 2 in Black Ops Cold War on all platforms, which brought a variety of new content across MP & Zombies.
This game settings update address some performance issues on all platforms since the Season 2 launch, alongside makes a few adjustments to MP, League Play, and Zombies.
Catch up on what’s new in the game settings update with the patch notes below.
- 2XP + 2WXP Weekend
- Double XP and Double Weapon XP now live in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone through 10AM PT Monday, March 1st.
- Addressed framerate performance issues on all platforms since Season Two launch.
- Addressed an issue that allowed players to stand outside of the intended play space outside of the basketball court.
- Addressed an issue that allowed players to capture the P3 Hardpoint zone outside of the boundary.
- Prop Hunt
- Added Prop Hunt to Featured Playlists (Feb. 25).
- Added Apocalypse to Prop Hunt map pool.
After Action Report
- Addressed an issue where both teams would display the same score in the After Action Report.
- Added the Outbreak Event tab to League Play.
- Added the Challenges tab to League Play.
- Re-enabled the Calling Cards tab in the Player Identity list in League Play.
- Addressed an issue where Tokens could not be redeemed from the League Play lobby.
- Addressed an issue with the Rank 1 emblem being present in multiple locations before a player had completed Placement Matches.
- Addressed stability issues related to Objectives, Hellhounds, Plaguehounds, Trials Machine, and Dragon Relic.
- Added various crash fixes.
- Addressed an issue that was resulting in lower-than-intended Outbreak Match bonus XP totals.
- Addressed various enemy pathing issues.
- Addressed an issue that caused a loss of functionality for the parachute after going down from a fall.
- Field Upgrades
- Addressed an issue where the Aether Shroud Field Upgrade could lose its initial full charge during the Retrieve Objective.
- Closed an exploit that allowed the Death Machine to be used indefinitely.
- Addressed a UI error that would appear when pinging the Trials Computer.
- Ray Gun
- Added a cap to the amount of splash damage the Ray Gun and other weapons can inflict on the player.
How to unlock the Scythe in Black Ops Cold War
The Scythe is a melee weapon coming to Black Ops Cold War. Here’s everything you need to know about unlocking the Scythe.
A brand-new melee weapon is coming to Black Ops Cold War and here’s everything you need to know about the Scythe, including how to unlock it.
It can be fun to rack up kills from a distance with an Assault Rifle after hopping into a game of Black Ops Cold War, and sometimes it’s more exciting to use a melee weapon to battle your enemies up close.
Treyarch accidentally released the Scythe melee weapon in Black Ops Cold War in a surprise update on June 6, giving players a sneak peek at the weapon. Now there is an official release date for the Scythe in Black Ops Cold War, so here’s how you can unlock it.
How to unlock the Scythe in Black Ops Cold War
The Scythe will be released for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War on August 12, 2022.
Here’s how to unlock the Scythe in both Multiplayer and Zombies:
- Multiplayer – Using a Melee weapon, get 2 kills while Ninja or Dead Silence are active in 15 different completed matches.
- Zombies – Using a primary Melee weapon, kill 200 enemies while Insta-Kill is active.
Completing 15 multiplayer matches will take some time, so you might be faster jumping into a game of Zombies.
The in-game description says that the Scythe is a “quick swinging” two-handed melee weapon that allows you to “reap a bountiful harvest by cutting down all who stand in your path.”
Image Credit: Activision
Best UGR loadout for Black Ops Cold War
The UGR is a brand-new SMG in Black Ops Cold War, so here’s our best compelte with Attachments, Perks, and Equipment.
The UGR is a brand-new SMG in Black Ops Cold War, and players can’t wait to try it out in multiplayer matches. Here’s our breakdown of the best UGR loadout to run in BOCW.
Even though CoD Vanguard is now in its third season, and Modern Warfare 2 is arriving this year, support for Black Ops Cold War is still going strong. After a huge Zombies patch on April 25, Treyarch have now added a remastered version of the Jungle map, as well as a new weapon.
The UGR SMG is an interesting close-range option, as it’s an “underwater rifle modified for improved land performance.” It doesn’t have the bullet velocity to take enemies out at distance, but it’s formidable in close-quarters combat.
If you’re looking to run it in multiplayer, you’ll need to know how to make the most of it. Check out our best UGR loadout for Black Ops Cold War.
- Best Cold War UGR loadout attachments
- Best Cold War UGR Perks & Equipment
- How to unlock UGR in Black Ops Cold War
- Best alternatives to Cold War’s UGR
Best Cold War UGR loadout attachments
- Barrel: 12.8″ VDV Reinforced
- Underbarrel: Spetsnaz Grip
- Magazine: Explosive Flechettes
- Handle: GRU Elastic Wrap
- Stock: KGB Skeletal Stock
We kick things off with the 12.8″ VDV Reinforced Barrel to seriously boost the UGR’s bullet velocity and damage range. The UGR is severely lacking in both departments, but this attachment makes it far more competitive in longer-range battles.
Next up, we went for the Spetsnaz Grip to keep the recoil in check and make it far easier to control. Then we chose KGB Skeletal Stock and GRU Elastic Wrap for a decrease in sprint-to-fire time and ADS speed, allowing you to get shots earlier while rushing around the map.
Many were surprised to see that the UGR comes with explosive rounds, so we couldn’t resist equipping Explosive Flechettes to our loadout. Aside from the obvious boost in overall damage, they also increase ammo capacity which is vital in a fast-firing weapon.
Best Cold War UGR Perk & Equipment
- Perk 1: Flak Jacket & Tactical Mask
- Perk 2: Scavenger & Assassin
- Perk 3: Ghost & Ninja
- Lethal Equipment: Semtex
- Tactical Equipment: Stimshot
We think the UGR is still effective with only five attachments, so we’re equipping Greed Wildcard to use extra Perks in each slot in BOCW multiplayer matches,
Flak Jacket and Tactical Mask are incredibly important in the first slot, as they’ll keep you protected from incoming explosives and Gas Mines, which can be frustrating when running and gunning.
Next, we picked Scavenger to make sure you never run out of ammo, as well as Assassin to keep the Scorestreaks rolling in. In the final slot, we recommend Ghost to stay invisible on enemy radars, as well as Ninja to help with flanking, which you’ll want to do a lot of with the UGR.
In terms of equipment, Semtex is an easy-to-use lethal, while Stimshot will give you a handy health boost when things get tough out there.
How to unlock UGR in Black Ops Cold War
To unlock the UGR SMG, players must kill an enemy revealed by their Spy Plane, UAV, or Field Mic with an SMG in 15 different completed matches. If you’re not a big multiplayer fan, it can be earned in Zombies by eliminating 1000 enemies while using an Epic rarity or better SMG.
You can also bypass the challenges altogether if you don’t mind spending 2,400 CoD Points on the new Lazar bundle.
Best alternatives to Cold War’s UGR
Black Ops Cold War has some powerful SMGs if the UGR isn’t working for you. The TEC-9 and LC10, in particular, remain incredibly strong in multiplayer matches and rank as two of the best weapons in the entire game.
For more, be sure to check out the best UGR loadout to use on Caldera in Warzone Pacific Season 3.
Image Credit: Activision
How to unlock UGR SMG in Cold War & Warzone
Here’s everything you need to know about the new UGR SMG including how to unlock the weapon in Cold War and Warzone.
Treyarch continue to release new weapons for Cold War and the latest is the UGR SMG based on the APS underwater rifle that will be making its way to both Cold War and Warzone. Here’s how to unlock the UGR in Cold War and Warzone.
Although Vanguard is now in Season 3 and 2022’s Modern Warfare 2 has been announced, Treyarch are still releasing content for 2020’s Black Ops Cold War. Alongside a ton of Zombies changes that arrived with the April 25 update, Treyarch confirmed the classic Jungle map and a brand-new weapon would arrive in the “coming weeks.”
On May 6, the new UGR SMG made its way to the game alongside a remastered version of the Jungle map. Here’s how to unlock the UGR in Cold War and Warzone.
UGR SMG in Cold War & Warzone
Those who played Call of Duty: Ghosts may recognize Cold War’s new UGR SMG as it’s based on the APS underwater rifle that appeared in the campaign. The in-game description says it’s a “full-auto submachine gun” and an “underwater rifle modified for improved land performance.”
The weapon is projectile-based with quite a low bullet velocity, so you won’t be beaming enemies at range with ease. Players were also surprised to see that it comes with explosive bullets.
How to unlock UGR in Cold War & Warzone
Players can unlock the UGR by killing an enemy revealed by your Spy Plane, UAV, or Field Mic with an SMG in 15 different completed matches. You can also unlock the UGR in Zombies if you eliminate 1000 enemies while using an Epic rarity or better SMG.
The new UGR SMG has the same unlock challenge for both Cold War and Warzone, so it’ll be up to you to decide which game you’d like to complete it in. In addition, you can also receive the UGR straight away by purchasing the new Lazar bundle for 2,400 CoD Points.
Image Credit: Activision
FIFA 23 players fear Ultimate Team SBCs will be a nightmare to complete
Due to the drastic chemistry changes introduced to FIFA 23, Ultimate Team players are dreading the completion of SBCs.
New Lord of the Rings game in development by Weta Workshop and Outer Worlds publisher
The VFX company behind the Lord of the Rings movies are teaming up with Private Division to create a brand-new...
Every leaked MultiVersus character: The Joker, Gandalf, Harry Potter, more
MultiVersus has a solid lineup of fighters in Season 1, but even more characters have leaked and could be arriving...