The next major update for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Season One is now live on all platforms with a variety of new content across MP & Zombies.
The new update is version 1.11 and is around 21GB on PS5, 9GB on PS4, 60GB on PC, and size varies on Xbox based on region.
The new update includes new content across both MP & Zombies. The update features the return of Black Ops 2 map, Express, with the Express 24/7 playlist. For Prop Hunt fans, new maps are being added into the playlist rotation. League Play will arrive on February 8.
And, the big news is on the Zombies side with the debut of a new Zombies map: Firebase Z. Firebase Z is the first new post launch Zombies map for Cold War. Zombies fans can also get the new Tombstone Perk, available in Firebase Z and Die Maschine. All of the new content is free.
- Addressed an issue that led to choppy Voice Chat in some circumstances.
- Express [NEW]
- Express now available in map rotation in Core and Hardcore modes.
- Express 24/7 playlist now available.
- Addressed an issue with uneven map distribution in non-map voting playlists.
- Endurance (40 Players) [NEW]
- New high-player count mode available on Sanatorium, Ruka, and Alpine.
- After one bomb detonates, a new one comes online to take its place, so five bombs are always available instead of an initial set that gets reduced to a single bomb before the next wave.
- Score limit doubled from 500 to 1,000.
- Prop Hunt
- Added new maps to Prop Hunt rotation:
- Crossroads Strike
- Armada Strike
- Added new maps to Prop Hunt rotation:
- Added Nuketown ’84 to Gunfight map rotation.
- 2v2 and 3v3 Gunfight now available in Custom Games.
- Updated Hardpoint Owned score event to increase in score the longer a player controls the Hardpoint. This score modifier will reset upon leaving the Hardpoint.
- Reduced Hardpoint Secured score event from 50 to 25 score.
- Reduced how late players can join a match in progress.
- Additional defender spawn points added and logic updated for the B capture point on Raid.
- CDL Custom Game Modes
- Increased player count to allow for two Spectators in CDL Hardpoint, CDL Search & Destroy, and CDL Control.
- Express 24/7 [NEW]
- Endurance FTDB (40 Players) [NEW]
- Gunfight Blueprints (including Nuketown ’84)
- Prop Hunt (4 maps added to rotation)
- 3v3 Gunfight Snipers Only
- Face Off (3v3)
- Nuketown 24/7
- Increased minimum damage for the two Launcher class weapons.
- Addressed an issue where players inside smoke from a Smoke Grenade would gain aim assist against players outside the smoke.
- Decreased hip-fire accuracy when priming a grenade while sprinting.
- Original Treyarch music unlocked via War Tracks can now be played in the Music Player in the Barracks, including “Pentagon,” “Rooftops,” “115,” and “Damned.”
- Firebase Z [NEW]
- New “Firebase Z” map now available via Endless and Round 20 playlists for all players.
- Die Maschine
- Players can now complete the full Omega Intel collection in “Die Maschine.”
- Addressed an issue on “Die Maschine” that rarely positioned players outside of the map when teleporting from the Dark Aether.
- Express (Onslaught – PS4/PS5)
- Express now available in Onslaught on PlayStation.
- Firebase Z Endless [NEW]
- Firebase Z Round 20 [NEW]
- Dead Ops Arcade Solo Advanced Start [NEW]
- Onslaught Express [NEW] (PS4/PS5)
- Tombstone Soda [NEW]
- Tombstone Soda Perk now available in “Firebase Z” and via Der Wunderfizz in “Die Maschine.”
- Quick Revive
- Addressed an issue that prevented Quick Revive from reducing the time it takes to regenerate to full health.
- Napalm Strike [NEW]
- Napalm Strike now available as Support in Zombies.
- Artillery [NEW]
- Artillery now available as Support in Zombies.
- The Self-Revive will now only drop if a player in the game can equip it.
- Capped the maximum amount of Self-Revives that can drop in a game to the total number of players in the game.
- Sentry Turret
- Addressed an issue that allowed duplicating the Sentry Turret support item.
- Assault Rifles
- Increased critical hit damage on all assault rifles.
- Increased max ammo stock on all assault rifles.
- Submachine Guns
- Increased critical hit damage on all SMGs.
- Increased max ammo stock on all SMGs.
- Increased base damage on the Streetsweeper shotgun.
- Increased range of the Streetsweeper shotgun.
- Addressed an issue that prevented attachments from appearing on the “Western Justice” Weapon Blueprint.
- Level 1 Armor will now replace the first Armor Shard drop in a game when no players have Armor.
- Reduced Cryofreeze cooldown from 3 seconds to 1 second to make it a more dependable method of slowing enemies.
- Added new “Requiem Advancement” category of Challenges for future additions.
- Added first set of six new Requiem Advancement Challenges: “Firebase Z Report.”
- Added new Dark Ops Challenge for “Firebase Z.”
Dead Ops Arcade 3
- Solo Advanced Start [NEW]
- New private playlist available for Solo players.
- Allows players to start at their highest arena checkpoint reached in Solo mode. No stats or challenges are recorded, but achievements can be completed, including “Reunited with Fidolina.”
- Added new pickup item: Divine Shield Potion – Grants player Divine Shield buff that allows player to absorb one damage event (30 min. expiration).
- Added new key spawn locations: Added to the high road tunnel route.
- Added a 1.5-second damage shield on player while in First Person when damage occurs.
- Made slight adjustment to multiplier progression.
- Auto-life donation now begins automatically after Round 64. The player with the highest lives to spare will now donate to downed teammates with a cooldown of 120 seconds.
- Addressed an issue where the player’s shield was active even though effect was not visible.
- Addressed an issue that prevented extra lives from being awarded at expected score thresholds.
- Various gameplay bug fixes related to Fated Chicken disappearance, control bindings when exiting vehicles, unwanted deaths associated with traps, invisible electrical poles, missile turrets killing players, etc.
- Enemies and Friendly AI
- Greatly reduced Spider melee range.
- Removed Skeleton boss from arena spawning.
- Removed Demons from arena spawning.
- Reduced Megaton melee distance.
- Reduced Megaton arena spawn rate after Round 64.
- Reduced Megaton health in arena.
- Megaton Orb weapon is no longer a one-hit kill in arena.
- After Round 64, enemy target selection behavior is now weighted entirely toward proximity.
- Increased friendly skeleton horde health, enemy quantity, time duration, and weapon damage.
- Addressed an issue where melee damage caused by a friendly skeleton guardian was not registering against enemies.
- Addressed an issue where zombies could speed up while under the clock time slowdown effect.
- Addressed an issue where explosive damage vs. Spider / Meatball enemies did not register correctly.
- Addressed an issue where Spider enemies would not show up on radar.
- Addressed an issue that allowed the Gladiator “Marauder” enemy to melee kill the player when it wasn’t facing the appropriate direction.
- Addressed an issue where the Margwa was not dropping loot when killed.
- Divine Chalice fated players now earn extra life 37.5% faster than standard players at every 125,000 points.
- Divine Chalice fated users now respawn with temporary vitality buff.
- Divine Shield fated players now respawn with Divine Shield buff.
- After Round 64, when a Divine Shield fated player picks up a nuke drop, all players will now be granted a nuke.
- Friendship fated player chickens now last 25% longer.
- The Golden Chicken associated with Friendship Fate now periodically produces eggs in arena.
- After Round 64, the Golden Chicken associated with Friendship Fate will now have permanently upgraded weaponry.
- Addressed an issue that could prevent players from collecting a Fate in the Room of Fate when the room timed out (i.e. grabbing a Fate Rock with less than 4 seconds before the room expired).
- Added lighting in the Room of Fate above Fate Rock pedestals five and six.
- Addressed an issue with various particle effects having visibility issues.
- Addressed an issue that could prevent the player’s selected character skin from showing up correctly.
- Addressed an issue with the shotgun pickup that could cause it to initially begin firing slowly before speeding up.
- Added various crash fixes.
- Added various exploit fixes.
- Added new camera mode: Extra High.
- Addressed an issue where the player was not able to use the flashlight in First Person.
- Addressed an issue with some collision in the Water Temple arena.
- Addressed an issue in splitscreen mode where players would enter The Wild in shared viewport mode.
- Onslaught Express playlist now available on PlayStation. [NEW]
- Spaced out special enemy spawns.
- Added additional enemies to the mode from “Firebase Z.”
- Added various crash fixes.
- Party Leader is no longer required to have Dead Ops Arcade 3 installed for their party to join for other Zombies game modes.
- Addressed an issue that caused zombies to maintain a slowdown debuff forever if it ended while they were mantling.
- Added various crash fixes.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when watching a replay in Theater.
- Fixed a crash that could prevent the game from starting under some conditions on Windows 7.
- Addressed an issue that could result in loss of keyboard/mouse functionality when opening and closing the Windows key + G capture menu.
- Addressed an issue where players could get stuck in the pause menu under certain circumstances during a game.
SOURCE: Treyarch and Beenox
How to get Ghost of War Ultra Skin in Warzone & Cold War
Here’s how Call of Duty: Warzone and Black Ops Cold War players can get an exclusive Ghost of War Ultra Skin to spook their enemies out.
For those interested in getting the new Ghost of War Ultra Skin in Warzone and Black Ops Cold War, here’s our guide on how to do so.
However, there is another new skin players can get, and there are multiple ways for players to obtain it.
How to get Ghost of War Ultra Skin in Warzone and Cold War
The new skin up for grabs is the Ghost of War Ultra Skin, a new Halloween-themed skeleton skin for you to hunt enemies down. There are two ways to get the skin, but one of them is a limited offer.
Here are the two ways you can obtain the new Operator skin:
- Players can get the Ghost of War Ultra skin by simply pre-ordering Call of Duty: Vanguard digitally
- The Ghost of War Ultra skin is also available in a new bundle right now
For those interested in the bundle, it costs 2,400 COD Points and also comes with various other items, including three Legendary weapon skins and a vehicle skin.
If you have already pre-ordered Vanguard, you’re in luck, as you will also be awarded the Ghost of War Ultra Skin with all of the exciting items that accompany the Warzone Ghost of War skin which you can find below:
For those who want to acquire the skin through pre-ordering, you will need to pre-order Vanguard between October 22 and November 2, as after this period, it will not be available through pre-order.
There you have it. For more on Call of Duty, check out our how to fix the Warzone Status Savannah error.
Image Credits: Activision / Raven Software
10 best guns in Black Ops Cold War: Ranked List
Treyarch’s CoD: Black Ops Cold War has a big arsenal of weapons, and we’ve picked our top 10 best guns and ranked them too.
There are so many different quality guns for Call of Duty players to master in Black Ops Cold War. So we’ve decided to pick out the 10 best guns in Season 5 Reloaded and rank them to find the absolute best.
Black Ops Cold War has a pretty extensive catalog of guns for players to test out and see what works best for them. Since the game’s inception, we’ve been treated to the Streetsweeper, Groza, and MAC-10 in Season 1. The FARA 83, ZRG 20mm, and AMP63 in Seasons 2 and 3, the MG 82 LMG and C58 Assault Rifle in Season 4, and the EM2, and TEC-9 is in Season 5.
With all these additions there is now almost an overflow of Assault Rifles, SMGs, Tactical Rifles, Shotguns, LMGs, and Pistols to pick from. So we’ve taken it upon ourselves to sift through the expansive array of guns and rank the top 10 weapons in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Season 5.
We’ve also ranked the 10 best guns in CoD Warzone too.
Best guns in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War ranked list
Before we delve into a deep look at the elite guns that Treyarch has to offer, we’re first going to do a rundown of every weapon in the game and rank them. Let’s be fair, some of Cold War’s weapons are must-have and must-use, whereas some are simply not worth your time.
- Read More: Best MP5 loadout for CoD: Cold War Season 5
Here’s every main weapon in Black Ops Cold War ranked:
- Krig 6
- KSP 45
- AMP 63
- Swiss K31
- Milano 821
- Stoner 63
- FARA 83
- OTs 9
- Gallo SA12
- MG 82
- FFAR 1
- ZRG 20mm
- DMR 14
- Hauer 77
- LW3 Tundra
- Nail Gun
- Type 63
- Pelington 703
- Cigma 2
CoD: Black Ops Cold War best guns in Season 5
10. Swiss K31 – Best Sniper Rifle in Black Ops Cold War
- Read More: Best Swiss K31 loadout for CoD: Cold War
It possesses the usual damage and range that comes with a dominant Sniper Rifle, but with the added bonus that its ADS time is very short in comparison to other Sniper Rifles. Not only is it perfect for a quickscoping loadout in Cold War Season 5, but it’s effective for any sniping opportunity. The Swiss is phenomenal.
Here’s a quick guide on how to unlock the Swiss K31.
9. AMP63 – Best Pistol in Black Ops Cold War
Although probably the least-used weapon on this list due to its unlock parameters, the AMP63 is a great little weapon to use.
- Read More: Best AMP63 loadout for CoD: Cold War
Its automatic fire nature allows it to barrel its way through ammo and give you a big advantage if you’re accurate. Its only minor setback is that its range suffers in comparison to ARs and SMGs, but if you’re in a small-to-medium-sized map, then give the AMP63 a whirl.
8. Streetsweeper – Best Shotgun in Black Ops Cold War
The weapon is an absolute, indisputable beast. For a weapon that smacks like a hammer, it has very little recoil to show for it. The unbelievable fire rate makes it comparable to any automatic weapon, and if you have a group of enemies in close proximity of you and each other, then they’ve already accepted their fate.
- Read More: Best Streetsweeper loadout for CoD: Cold War
The complete downside to the Streetsweeper is that its reload time is nothing short of vile. Given the furious nature of a game of Call of Duty, you just don’t have time to reload it. If it wasn’t for this, it would be much higher up.
7. KSP 45
Practically reborn in Season 2 of Cold War, the KSP 45 went from being an afterthought to the most powerful burst weapon in the game.
- Read more: Best KSP 45 loadout for CoD: Cold War
Realizing that it wasn’t being used, Treyarch did the right thing and buffed all aspects of the KSP 45. With nerfs to the M16 and AUG, the quick, powerful barrages from the KSP 45 make it far more deadly than it once was. If you enjoy the feeling of successive bursts of bullets with accuracy, then the KSP 45 might just be for you.
- Read More: Best XM4 loadout for CoD: Cold War
It’s always been a calm, cool, and consistent killer, it’s just only now that people are starting to realize how good it actually is. Also, don’t forget to check out its exclusive, secret attachment that Treyarch provided with the Season 5 update.
No one has ever questioned the AK-47’s overwhelming power as each bullet can rip a hole through space and time itself. For all its power, it can be a handful to control thanks to its haphazard recoil.
- Read More: Best AK-47 loadout for CoD: Cold War
Nevertheless, it still retains its aura of destruction and skilled players can effortlessly make it look like one of the best weapons in all of Black Ops Cold War. If that wasn’t enough, the AK-47 received yet another buff in the Cold War Season 5.
One of the most interesting, if not the most interesting, guns in our top 10 list. The TEC-9 is classified as an SMG, yet it’s completely semi-auto.
- Read More: Best TEC-9 loadout for CoD: Cold War
However, with some different attachments, the firing nature of the weapon can actually change, even becoming a burst-fire SMG like the KSP 45. Even in its semi-auto form, the TEC-9 is ridiculously effective and efficient. Couple that with a decent-sized mag, and the TEC-9 is a terrific addition to Season 5.
The race for the top meta weapon in Black Ops Cold War Season 5 is a close one. The EM2 just falls short, but you could easily roll with the EM2 in your main loadout and drop stupidly-high kill games.
- Read More: Best EM2 loadout for CoD: Cold War Season 5
It’s another relentless, pinpoint-accurate weapon that if you fire first with, then you’ll surely come out on top, at any range. It doesn’t take long to unlock either as you only need to reach the free Tier 15 of the Battle Pass to own it. It will be interesting to see if Treyarch makes any significant changes to the EM2.
2. LC10 – Best SMG in Black Ops Cold War
The LC10 has usurped many guns to become one of the most-used weapons in the game and dominate in Black Ops Cold War.
- Read More: Best LC10 loadout for Black Ops Cold War
After repeated calls for it to be nerfed, the LC10 was finally brought down a notch at the beginning of Season 5. But it’s still a fearsome weapon that can outperform virtually every other gun in the game – that’s how insane it is.
Its piercing shots are matched by relatively high accuracy, and it’s a gun with few drawbacks. After being nerfed a bit, the gun fell out of contention for a while, but now it’s back and as destructive as ever.
1. Krig 6 – Best Assault Rifle in Black Ops Cold War
If you know your CoD: Black Ops Cold War, then you probably knew what was coming. That’s right, the Krig 6 takes the top spot because it’s a weapon without any flaws. It’s one of those rare firearms that feels absolutely unbeatable.
- Read More: Best Krig 6 Loadout in CoD: Cold War
Once you’ve progressed the weapon’s level and reduced its vertical and horizontal recoil, then you have your own ridiculous laser. It’s insanely efficient, very strong, stupidly accurate, and is quite simply the best weapon in Black Ops Cold War Season 5.
Make sure to take a look at our best Black Ops Cold War loadouts too!
Image Credit: Activision / Treyarch
When does Cold War & Warzone Season 6 end? Vanguard Season 1 start date
Black Ops Cold War and Warzone Season 6 is set to make way for Vanguard Season 1, here’s everything we know about when it will happen.
Black Ops Cold War and Warzone Season 6 is beginning to wind down, with Call of Duty: Vanguard on the horizon. We break down when the final BOCW and Warzone season ends, and the first Vanguard chapter starts.
Cold War & Warzone Season 6 end date
The sixth season of Black Ops Cold War and Warzone is due to end on Thursday, December 2, 2021.
Season 5 ended on October 7, the first Thursday of the month, and it appears that Season 6 will follow the same while sticking roughly to the two-month structure that Raven and Treyarch used previously.
As mentioned earlier, there will be no Reloaded update this time around in order to make way for the long-awaited arrival of Vanguard integration into Warzone.
This isn’t to say that Black Ops Cold War will be forgotten, as Modern Warfare has still received content updates in the last year.
Vanguard Season 1 start date
We’re expecting Season 1 of Vanguard, both in the standalone game and Warzone, to kick off in early December.
Cold War Season 6 ends on December 2, 2021, but there could be some transition time between the two like there was between Modern Warfare Season 6 and BOCW Season 1.
- Read more: How to get Warzone Plot Twist blueprint
Vanguard will have been out nearly by this point, making it the ideal time to bring in the new Warzone map and WW2 weapons set to drop with the first season, as well as the long-awaited introduction of anti-cheat.
We’re still awaiting official confirmation on when Vanguard Season 1 will begin, so be sure to check back here for future updates.
That was everything we know so far about the transition from Black Ops Cold War into Vanguard later this year.
Image credits: Activision
Warzone October 21 playlist update is now live after delay
The Call of Duty: Warzone playlist update for October 21 is now live in the battle royale game after it...
Warzone October 22 update patch notes: Ghosts of Verdansk changes, Iron Trials duos back, more
Raven Software has officially released the Warzone October 22 update patch notes, and we have all of the details covered...
FIFA 22 Road to the Knockouts: Team 2, FUT upgrades & prices
FIFA 22 Road to the Knockouts is the latest promotion to hit Ultimate Team, and we've got all the details...