The next major update for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Season One is now live on all platforms with a variety of new content across MP & Zombies.
The new update is version 1.11 and is around 21GB on PS5, 9GB on PS4, 60GB on PC, and size varies on Xbox based on region.
The new update includes new content across both MP & Zombies. The update features the return of Black Ops 2 map, Express, with the Express 24/7 playlist. For Prop Hunt fans, new maps are being added into the playlist rotation. League Play will arrive on February 8.
And, the big news is on the Zombies side with the debut of a new Zombies map: Firebase Z. Firebase Z is the first new post launch Zombies map for Cold War. Zombies fans can also get the new Tombstone Perk, available in Firebase Z and Die Maschine. All of the new content is free.
- Addressed an issue that led to choppy Voice Chat in some circumstances.
- Express [NEW]
- Express now available in map rotation in Core and Hardcore modes.
- Express 24/7 playlist now available.
- Addressed an issue with uneven map distribution in non-map voting playlists.
- Endurance (40 Players) [NEW]
- New high-player count mode available on Sanatorium, Ruka, and Alpine.
- After one bomb detonates, a new one comes online to take its place, so five bombs are always available instead of an initial set that gets reduced to a single bomb before the next wave.
- Score limit doubled from 500 to 1,000.
- Prop Hunt
- Added new maps to Prop Hunt rotation:
- Crossroads Strike
- Armada Strike
- Added new maps to Prop Hunt rotation:
- Added Nuketown ’84 to Gunfight map rotation.
- 2v2 and 3v3 Gunfight now available in Custom Games.
- Updated Hardpoint Owned score event to increase in score the longer a player controls the Hardpoint. This score modifier will reset upon leaving the Hardpoint.
- Reduced Hardpoint Secured score event from 50 to 25 score.
- Reduced how late players can join a match in progress.
- Additional defender spawn points added and logic updated for the B capture point on Raid.
- CDL Custom Game Modes
- Increased player count to allow for two Spectators in CDL Hardpoint, CDL Search & Destroy, and CDL Control.
- Express 24/7 [NEW]
- Endurance FTDB (40 Players) [NEW]
- Gunfight Blueprints (including Nuketown ’84)
- Prop Hunt (4 maps added to rotation)
- 3v3 Gunfight Snipers Only
- Face Off (3v3)
- Nuketown 24/7
- Increased minimum damage for the two Launcher class weapons.
- Addressed an issue where players inside smoke from a Smoke Grenade would gain aim assist against players outside the smoke.
- Decreased hip-fire accuracy when priming a grenade while sprinting.
- Original Treyarch music unlocked via War Tracks can now be played in the Music Player in the Barracks, including “Pentagon,” “Rooftops,” “115,” and “Damned.”
- Firebase Z [NEW]
- New “Firebase Z” map now available via Endless and Round 20 playlists for all players.
- Die Maschine
- Players can now complete the full Omega Intel collection in “Die Maschine.”
- Addressed an issue on “Die Maschine” that rarely positioned players outside of the map when teleporting from the Dark Aether.
- Express (Onslaught – PS4/PS5)
- Express now available in Onslaught on PlayStation.
- Firebase Z Endless [NEW]
- Firebase Z Round 20 [NEW]
- Dead Ops Arcade Solo Advanced Start [NEW]
- Onslaught Express [NEW] (PS4/PS5)
- Tombstone Soda [NEW]
- Tombstone Soda Perk now available in “Firebase Z” and via Der Wunderfizz in “Die Maschine.”
- Quick Revive
- Addressed an issue that prevented Quick Revive from reducing the time it takes to regenerate to full health.
- Napalm Strike [NEW]
- Napalm Strike now available as Support in Zombies.
- Artillery [NEW]
- Artillery now available as Support in Zombies.
- The Self-Revive will now only drop if a player in the game can equip it.
- Capped the maximum amount of Self-Revives that can drop in a game to the total number of players in the game.
- Sentry Turret
- Addressed an issue that allowed duplicating the Sentry Turret support item.
- Assault Rifles
- Increased critical hit damage on all assault rifles.
- Increased max ammo stock on all assault rifles.
- Submachine Guns
- Increased critical hit damage on all SMGs.
- Increased max ammo stock on all SMGs.
- Increased base damage on the Streetsweeper shotgun.
- Increased range of the Streetsweeper shotgun.
- Addressed an issue that prevented attachments from appearing on the “Western Justice” Weapon Blueprint.
- Level 1 Armor will now replace the first Armor Shard drop in a game when no players have Armor.
- Reduced Cryofreeze cooldown from 3 seconds to 1 second to make it a more dependable method of slowing enemies.
- Added new “Requiem Advancement” category of Challenges for future additions.
- Added first set of six new Requiem Advancement Challenges: “Firebase Z Report.”
- Added new Dark Ops Challenge for “Firebase Z.”
Dead Ops Arcade 3
- Solo Advanced Start [NEW]
- New private playlist available for Solo players.
- Allows players to start at their highest arena checkpoint reached in Solo mode. No stats or challenges are recorded, but achievements can be completed, including “Reunited with Fidolina.”
- Added new pickup item: Divine Shield Potion – Grants player Divine Shield buff that allows player to absorb one damage event (30 min. expiration).
- Added new key spawn locations: Added to the high road tunnel route.
- Added a 1.5-second damage shield on player while in First Person when damage occurs.
- Made slight adjustment to multiplier progression.
- Auto-life donation now begins automatically after Round 64. The player with the highest lives to spare will now donate to downed teammates with a cooldown of 120 seconds.
- Addressed an issue where the player’s shield was active even though effect was not visible.
- Addressed an issue that prevented extra lives from being awarded at expected score thresholds.
- Various gameplay bug fixes related to Fated Chicken disappearance, control bindings when exiting vehicles, unwanted deaths associated with traps, invisible electrical poles, missile turrets killing players, etc.
- Enemies and Friendly AI
- Greatly reduced Spider melee range.
- Removed Skeleton boss from arena spawning.
- Removed Demons from arena spawning.
- Reduced Megaton melee distance.
- Reduced Megaton arena spawn rate after Round 64.
- Reduced Megaton health in arena.
- Megaton Orb weapon is no longer a one-hit kill in arena.
- After Round 64, enemy target selection behavior is now weighted entirely toward proximity.
- Increased friendly skeleton horde health, enemy quantity, time duration, and weapon damage.
- Addressed an issue where melee damage caused by a friendly skeleton guardian was not registering against enemies.
- Addressed an issue where zombies could speed up while under the clock time slowdown effect.
- Addressed an issue where explosive damage vs. Spider / Meatball enemies did not register correctly.
- Addressed an issue where Spider enemies would not show up on radar.
- Addressed an issue that allowed the Gladiator “Marauder” enemy to melee kill the player when it wasn’t facing the appropriate direction.
- Addressed an issue where the Margwa was not dropping loot when killed.
- Divine Chalice fated players now earn extra life 37.5% faster than standard players at every 125,000 points.
- Divine Chalice fated users now respawn with temporary vitality buff.
- Divine Shield fated players now respawn with Divine Shield buff.
- After Round 64, when a Divine Shield fated player picks up a nuke drop, all players will now be granted a nuke.
- Friendship fated player chickens now last 25% longer.
- The Golden Chicken associated with Friendship Fate now periodically produces eggs in arena.
- After Round 64, the Golden Chicken associated with Friendship Fate will now have permanently upgraded weaponry.
- Addressed an issue that could prevent players from collecting a Fate in the Room of Fate when the room timed out (i.e. grabbing a Fate Rock with less than 4 seconds before the room expired).
- Added lighting in the Room of Fate above Fate Rock pedestals five and six.
- Addressed an issue with various particle effects having visibility issues.
- Addressed an issue that could prevent the player’s selected character skin from showing up correctly.
- Addressed an issue with the shotgun pickup that could cause it to initially begin firing slowly before speeding up.
- Added various crash fixes.
- Added various exploit fixes.
- Added new camera mode: Extra High.
- Addressed an issue where the player was not able to use the flashlight in First Person.
- Addressed an issue with some collision in the Water Temple arena.
- Addressed an issue in splitscreen mode where players would enter The Wild in shared viewport mode.
- Onslaught Express playlist now available on PlayStation. [NEW]
- Spaced out special enemy spawns.
- Added additional enemies to the mode from “Firebase Z.”
- Added various crash fixes.
- Party Leader is no longer required to have Dead Ops Arcade 3 installed for their party to join for other Zombies game modes.
- Addressed an issue that caused zombies to maintain a slowdown debuff forever if it ended while they were mantling.
- Added various crash fixes.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when watching a replay in Theater.
- Fixed a crash that could prevent the game from starting under some conditions on Windows 7.
- Addressed an issue that could result in loss of keyboard/mouse functionality when opening and closing the Windows key + G capture menu.
- Addressed an issue where players could get stuck in the pause menu under certain circumstances during a game.
SOURCE: Treyarch and Beenox
When does Warzone & Cold War Season 3 start? Release date, nuke event, more
Warzone & Cold War Season 2 is nearing its end with the nuke event, but when is it? And when will Season 3 commence?
We’ve almost reached the end of Warzone and Black Ops Cold War Season 2, so when does Season 3 begin, and what does it have in store?
Ever since the integration of Black Ops Cold War into Warzone, we’ve seen a vast number of additions and changes to both games. The subsequent updates have allowed Verdansk to expand with Rebirth Island, and even incorporate Zombies into Warzone.
The Zombies invasion of Verdansk is about to reach a climax, and the highly-anticipated Season 3 of both Black Ops Cold War and Warzone is set to begin.
Here’s everything you need to know about Warzone and Cold War Season 3, including the release date, new weapons, and Operators.
Warzone & Cold War Season 3 start date
We’re now reaching the climax of Warzone Season 2, with Black Ops Cold War and Warzone Season 2 set to begin on April 22.
This will follow the highly-anticipated nuke event which is set to destroy modern-day Verdansk, bringing a major overhaul to the map in Season 3.
Warzone’s update will begin on April 21 at 9 PM PT, ahead of Season 3’s launch.
When is CoD: Warzone Season 2’s nuke event?
Zombies have now overrun Verdansk and Radiation Zones have consumed all of the areas that became infected over the course of Season 2.
This is set to culminate in a season-ending event on April 21, in which players are advised to “evacuate immediately.” This event will be multi-part, with the final stage beginning at 12 PM PT on April 22.
Here are the start times for the event:
- 12 PM PT
- 3 PM ET
- 8 PM BST
- 5 AM AEST (April 22)
As the different stages of the event are completed, the next objectives players will have to complete will be revealed.
After Warzone’s event has concluded, Season 3 of Black Ops Cold War and Warzone will officially begin.
Cold War & Warzone Season 3 weapons
Six new weapons have been confirmed for the Cold War and Warzone Season 3. Three will arrive at launch on April 22, and the other three will release over the course of the season.
The new weapons are as follows:
The classic WW2 SMG, the PPSH-41, is making its debut in Cold War and Warzone Season 3’s free Battle Pass. Although having low damage per bullet, “its rapid-fire, high-capacity capabilities encourage an aggressive playstyle ideal for leading the charge in objective modes and clearing out tight spaces in Warzone.”
Swiss K31 Sniper Rifle
A brand new bolt action will also arrive in Season 3’s Battle Pass – the Swiss K31. This will feel familiar to fans of the Kar98k as it has “exceptional accuracy, as well as fast rechamber and aiming speeds.” Expect this to be the perfect weapon for quickscoping in both Cold War and Warzone.
Fans of the Black Ops series will be all-too-familiar with the power and fun of the Ballistic Knife. Doubling up as a “spring-action knife launcher” and a melee weapon, the Ballistic Knife is a fan favorite for Final Killcams and Play of the Game. This weapon won’t be in the Battle Pass, but will instead be released through a challenge yet to be revealed.
CARV.2, AMP63, and Baseball Bat
Three other weapons will release throughout Season 3. These are the CARV.2 Tactical Rifle, AMP63 SMG, and Baseball Bat Melee weapon. As with Season 2’s weapons, the E-Tool and ZRG 20mm, there will be challenges to unlock these new weapons when they release.
New Black Ops Cold War Season 3 maps
Maps often make or break a Call of Duty game, and Treyarch are adding four new maps to Cold War over the course of Season 3. There are three original maps, and the return of Black Ops 2’s Standoff, which is a favorite of competitive players and casual fans alike.
Yamantau and Diesel will debut at the start of Season 3 on April 22. While Yamantau is exclusively played on 6v6, Diesel will be available for 6v6, 2v2, and 3v3 modes.
Then, later in the Season, Standoff will arrive, following the additions of Raid and Express in Seasons 1 and 2. And for fans of the large-scale mode, Duga will arrive for the Multi-Team modes, including the new Multi-Team Elimination mini battle royale.
New Cold War and Warzone Season 3 Operators
On top of all these exciting new weapons and maps, there are four new Operators arriving in Season 3 that will be playable in both Cold War and Warzone.
At the launch of Season 3, Wraith will be available in the premium Battle Pass. This ex-Norwegian Intelligence Operator now working for Perseus will be available as soon as you purchase the Battle Pass, with a Legendary variant available at Tier 100.
Also, as a surprise treat for CoD fans, Captain Price will arrive in Cold War as a playable Operator. Called “Price ’84,” owners of Black Ops Cold War will get immediate free access to the fan-favorite Operator on April 22, and can take him into both Cold War multiplayer and Warzone.
Later in Season 3, Knight and Antonov will arrive, likely through Store Bundles. As the Season progresses, we’re likely to know more about these new Operators.
1980s revamp leaked for Warzone Season 3
We got a first look at what the next evolution of Verdansk will be in a celebrity commercial that was posted to Twitter. It showed the map getting a 1980s makeover with a specific focus on a few key areas.
Stadium, Dam, Airport, and the surrounding forestry were the highlighted locations in the video, along with some changes in Downtown. Later, another possible teaser was discovered in Verdansk’s Superstore in the form of a poster for the 1980s Moscow Summer Olympics.
We expect more teasers for Season 3 to pop up around Verdansk and Cold War’s multiplayer, and the ones that have been found make Warzone’s 1980s overhaul seem all the more likely.
We’re only hours away from Warzone and Cold War Season 3, and its shaping up to be the biggest content drop yet.
Image Credit: Activision
CoD: Cold War devs respond to glitch making ping tracker disappear
Players are no longer able to track their ping during a game of CoD: Cold War and Treyarch have responded to this apparent glitch.
Since online gaming began, ping has been the standard for measuring a player’s internal connection during a game. Black Ops Cold War’s players currently can’t see theirs, and a Treyarch dev has explained why.
Bigger is certainly not better when it comes to ping during Call of Duty’s online multiplayer. A low, steady, consistent ping is the key to a more stable connection to a game, reducing your chances of dying.
There’s nothing more frustrating than thinking you’ve seen and eliminated an enemy long before you’ve seen them, for the opposite to have actually happened.
So it’s always healthy to check out your ping and ensure your internet connection isn’t costing you several deaths per game. CoD: Cold War normally allows players to monitor their ping during games, but this isn’t the case at the moment heading into Season 3.
Treyarch’s Community Manager Josh “FoxhoundFPS” Torres had to respond to the alleged glitch in Cold War that prevented ping from tracking.
The complaint was posted as a Reddit thread titled “Can’t see your ping anymore,” and the statement was paired with a picture to highlight the issue.
Under Black Ops Cold War’s usual Settings menu, the option to track your ping was missing from the screen, prompting the question.
But Josh noticed the bug query and weighed in with an official response saying, “We’ve temporarily removed these while we investigate some visual issues. This is currently noted in our patch notes, which will be live tomorrow morning Pacific Time, and we do plan on returning the functionality.”
He continued, “PC players should be able to enable/keep their Server Latency and Packet Loss widgets under Account and Network in their settings.”
This ping issue will no doubt be sorted very soon as it’s a vital statistic that players generally need. Just like recent dev action concerning Cold War PS5 controller issues and broken Zombies attachments, the matter will be noted and attended to ASAP.
Image credits: Treyarch
Slide canceling receives major nerf in Cold War Season 3 update
Black Ops Cold War has removed one of CoD’s most controversial and powerful movement techniques, slide canceling, in the Season 3 update.
Call of Duty’s most common movement technique, slide canceling, has received a significant nerf in Black Ops Cold War’s Season 3 update, essentially removing the mechanic.
Although slide canceling arrived with Black Ops 4, it became especially prominent in Modern Warfare and Warzone, and continued into Cold War. As it says on the tin, this is a method of canceling the slide animation before it finishes to speed up gameplay and get the advantage on opponents.
By canceling the slide mid-way through, you could continue moving at full speed afterward, allowing you to move faster than usual. Players have long used this mechanic to maneuver the map quicker, precisely slide behind cover, and offensively push players using erratic and unpredictable movement.
However, Treyarch has essentially removed this mechanic in Cold War’s Season 3 update.
It has been clear that Treyarch never intended slide canceling to be as powerful as it was, as devs addressed slide mechanics in Cold War’s day one patch notes. “Sliding is intended as an escape mechanic or quick entrance into crouch or cover,” they explained. “It’s not intended to be over-used during engagements, or to be too advantageous in close quarters.”
Although they have made adjustments to sliding in the past, the Season 3 update has essentially eliminated slide canceling altogether. Instead of canceling the slide mid-way through and quickly returning to a standing position, Cold War will now force you to finish the slide, causing a significant delay before you can stand up.
For players who have been using this mechanic, it will be especially difficult to adjust to the new movement system. As it was a somewhat advanced movement technique, it was especially common in League Play and the CDL, so expect a different style of play in the upcoming Stage 3.
Alongside this update comes adjustments to all Shotguns and LMGs, as well as quality of life updates for Zombies. Once Season 3 officially goes live on April 22, new weapons, maps, and Operators will also arrive in the game.
Image Credit: Treyarch
When does Warzone & Cold War Season 3 start? Release date, nuke event, more
Warzone & Cold War Season 2 is nearing its end with the nuke event, but when is it? And when...
Warzone devs already planning Season 6 & ‘several years’ of support
Call of Duty: Warzone is set to be supported for years with Infinity Ward confirming that Season 6 is already...
Fortnite Week 6 location challenge: Fancy View, Rainbow Rentals & Lockie’s Lighthouse
You'll have to visit Fancy View, Rainbow Rentals and Lockie’s Lighthouse for a Fortnite week 6 challenge, and here's where...