The next major update for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Season One is now live on all platforms with a variety of new content across MP & Zombies.
The new update is version 1.11 and is around 21GB on PS5, 9GB on PS4, 60GB on PC, and size varies on Xbox based on region.
The new update includes new content across both MP & Zombies. The update features the return of Black Ops 2 map, Express, with the Express 24/7 playlist. For Prop Hunt fans, new maps are being added into the playlist rotation. League Play will arrive on February 8.
And, the big news is on the Zombies side with the debut of a new Zombies map: Firebase Z. Firebase Z is the first new post launch Zombies map for Cold War. Zombies fans can also get the new Tombstone Perk, available in Firebase Z and Die Maschine. All of the new content is free.
- Addressed an issue that led to choppy Voice Chat in some circumstances.
- Express [NEW]
- Express now available in map rotation in Core and Hardcore modes.
- Express 24/7 playlist now available.
- Addressed an issue with uneven map distribution in non-map voting playlists.
- Endurance (40 Players) [NEW]
- New high-player count mode available on Sanatorium, Ruka, and Alpine.
- After one bomb detonates, a new one comes online to take its place, so five bombs are always available instead of an initial set that gets reduced to a single bomb before the next wave.
- Score limit doubled from 500 to 1,000.
- Prop Hunt
- Added new maps to Prop Hunt rotation:
- Crossroads Strike
- Armada Strike
- Added new maps to Prop Hunt rotation:
- Added Nuketown ’84 to Gunfight map rotation.
- 2v2 and 3v3 Gunfight now available in Custom Games.
- Updated Hardpoint Owned score event to increase in score the longer a player controls the Hardpoint. This score modifier will reset upon leaving the Hardpoint.
- Reduced Hardpoint Secured score event from 50 to 25 score.
- Reduced how late players can join a match in progress.
- Additional defender spawn points added and logic updated for the B capture point on Raid.
- CDL Custom Game Modes
- Increased player count to allow for two Spectators in CDL Hardpoint, CDL Search & Destroy, and CDL Control.
- Express 24/7 [NEW]
- Endurance FTDB (40 Players) [NEW]
- Gunfight Blueprints (including Nuketown ’84)
- Prop Hunt (4 maps added to rotation)
- 3v3 Gunfight Snipers Only
- Face Off (3v3)
- Nuketown 24/7
- Increased minimum damage for the two Launcher class weapons.
- Addressed an issue where players inside smoke from a Smoke Grenade would gain aim assist against players outside the smoke.
- Decreased hip-fire accuracy when priming a grenade while sprinting.
- Original Treyarch music unlocked via War Tracks can now be played in the Music Player in the Barracks, including “Pentagon,” “Rooftops,” “115,” and “Damned.”
- Firebase Z [NEW]
- New “Firebase Z” map now available via Endless and Round 20 playlists for all players.
- Die Maschine
- Players can now complete the full Omega Intel collection in “Die Maschine.”
- Addressed an issue on “Die Maschine” that rarely positioned players outside of the map when teleporting from the Dark Aether.
- Express (Onslaught – PS4/PS5)
- Express now available in Onslaught on PlayStation.
- Firebase Z Endless [NEW]
- Firebase Z Round 20 [NEW]
- Dead Ops Arcade Solo Advanced Start [NEW]
- Onslaught Express [NEW] (PS4/PS5)
- Tombstone Soda [NEW]
- Tombstone Soda Perk now available in “Firebase Z” and via Der Wunderfizz in “Die Maschine.”
- Quick Revive
- Addressed an issue that prevented Quick Revive from reducing the time it takes to regenerate to full health.
- Napalm Strike [NEW]
- Napalm Strike now available as Support in Zombies.
- Artillery [NEW]
- Artillery now available as Support in Zombies.
- The Self-Revive will now only drop if a player in the game can equip it.
- Capped the maximum amount of Self-Revives that can drop in a game to the total number of players in the game.
- Sentry Turret
- Addressed an issue that allowed duplicating the Sentry Turret support item.
- Assault Rifles
- Increased critical hit damage on all assault rifles.
- Increased max ammo stock on all assault rifles.
- Submachine Guns
- Increased critical hit damage on all SMGs.
- Increased max ammo stock on all SMGs.
- Increased base damage on the Streetsweeper shotgun.
- Increased range of the Streetsweeper shotgun.
- Addressed an issue that prevented attachments from appearing on the “Western Justice” Weapon Blueprint.
- Level 1 Armor will now replace the first Armor Shard drop in a game when no players have Armor.
- Reduced Cryofreeze cooldown from 3 seconds to 1 second to make it a more dependable method of slowing enemies.
- Added new “Requiem Advancement” category of Challenges for future additions.
- Added first set of six new Requiem Advancement Challenges: “Firebase Z Report.”
- Added new Dark Ops Challenge for “Firebase Z.”
Dead Ops Arcade 3
- Solo Advanced Start [NEW]
- New private playlist available for Solo players.
- Allows players to start at their highest arena checkpoint reached in Solo mode. No stats or challenges are recorded, but achievements can be completed, including “Reunited with Fidolina.”
- Added new pickup item: Divine Shield Potion – Grants player Divine Shield buff that allows player to absorb one damage event (30 min. expiration).
- Added new key spawn locations: Added to the high road tunnel route.
- Added a 1.5-second damage shield on player while in First Person when damage occurs.
- Made slight adjustment to multiplier progression.
- Auto-life donation now begins automatically after Round 64. The player with the highest lives to spare will now donate to downed teammates with a cooldown of 120 seconds.
- Addressed an issue where the player’s shield was active even though effect was not visible.
- Addressed an issue that prevented extra lives from being awarded at expected score thresholds.
- Various gameplay bug fixes related to Fated Chicken disappearance, control bindings when exiting vehicles, unwanted deaths associated with traps, invisible electrical poles, missile turrets killing players, etc.
- Enemies and Friendly AI
- Greatly reduced Spider melee range.
- Removed Skeleton boss from arena spawning.
- Removed Demons from arena spawning.
- Reduced Megaton melee distance.
- Reduced Megaton arena spawn rate after Round 64.
- Reduced Megaton health in arena.
- Megaton Orb weapon is no longer a one-hit kill in arena.
- After Round 64, enemy target selection behavior is now weighted entirely toward proximity.
- Increased friendly skeleton horde health, enemy quantity, time duration, and weapon damage.
- Addressed an issue where melee damage caused by a friendly skeleton guardian was not registering against enemies.
- Addressed an issue where zombies could speed up while under the clock time slowdown effect.
- Addressed an issue where explosive damage vs. Spider / Meatball enemies did not register correctly.
- Addressed an issue where Spider enemies would not show up on radar.
- Addressed an issue that allowed the Gladiator “Marauder” enemy to melee kill the player when it wasn’t facing the appropriate direction.
- Addressed an issue where the Margwa was not dropping loot when killed.
- Divine Chalice fated players now earn extra life 37.5% faster than standard players at every 125,000 points.
- Divine Chalice fated users now respawn with temporary vitality buff.
- Divine Shield fated players now respawn with Divine Shield buff.
- After Round 64, when a Divine Shield fated player picks up a nuke drop, all players will now be granted a nuke.
- Friendship fated player chickens now last 25% longer.
- The Golden Chicken associated with Friendship Fate now periodically produces eggs in arena.
- After Round 64, the Golden Chicken associated with Friendship Fate will now have permanently upgraded weaponry.
- Addressed an issue that could prevent players from collecting a Fate in the Room of Fate when the room timed out (i.e. grabbing a Fate Rock with less than 4 seconds before the room expired).
- Added lighting in the Room of Fate above Fate Rock pedestals five and six.
- Addressed an issue with various particle effects having visibility issues.
- Addressed an issue that could prevent the player’s selected character skin from showing up correctly.
- Addressed an issue with the shotgun pickup that could cause it to initially begin firing slowly before speeding up.
- Added various crash fixes.
- Added various exploit fixes.
- Added new camera mode: Extra High.
- Addressed an issue where the player was not able to use the flashlight in First Person.
- Addressed an issue with some collision in the Water Temple arena.
- Addressed an issue in splitscreen mode where players would enter The Wild in shared viewport mode.
- Onslaught Express playlist now available on PlayStation. [NEW]
- Spaced out special enemy spawns.
- Added additional enemies to the mode from “Firebase Z.”
- Added various crash fixes.
- Party Leader is no longer required to have Dead Ops Arcade 3 installed for their party to join for other Zombies game modes.
- Addressed an issue that caused zombies to maintain a slowdown debuff forever if it ended while they were mantling.
- Added various crash fixes.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when watching a replay in Theater.
- Fixed a crash that could prevent the game from starting under some conditions on Windows 7.
- Addressed an issue that could result in loss of keyboard/mouse functionality when opening and closing the Windows key + G capture menu.
- Addressed an issue where players could get stuck in the pause menu under certain circumstances during a game.
SOURCE: Treyarch and Beenox
Best UGR loadout for Black Ops Cold War
The UGR is a brand-new SMG in Black Ops Cold War, so here’s our best compelte with Attachments, Perks, and Equipment.
The UGR is a brand-new SMG in Black Ops Cold War, and players can’t wait to try it out in multiplayer matches. Here’s our breakdown of the best UGR loadout to run in BOCW.
Even though CoD Vanguard is now in its third season, and Modern Warfare 2 is arriving this year, support for Black Ops Cold War is still going strong. After a huge Zombies patch on April 25, Treyarch have now added a remastered version of the Jungle map, as well as a new weapon.
The UGR SMG is an interesting close-range option, as it’s an “underwater rifle modified for improved land performance.” It doesn’t have the bullet velocity to take enemies out at distance, but it’s formidable in close-quarters combat.
If you’re looking to run it in multiplayer, you’ll need to know how to make the most of it. Check out our best UGR loadout for Black Ops Cold War.
- Best Cold War UGR loadout attachments
- Best Cold War UGR Perks & Equipment
- How to unlock UGR in Black Ops Cold War
- Best alternatives to Cold War’s UGR
Best Cold War UGR loadout attachments
- Barrel: 12.8″ VDV Reinforced
- Underbarrel: Spetsnaz Grip
- Magazine: Explosive Flechettes
- Handle: GRU Elastic Wrap
- Stock: KGB Skeletal Stock
We kick things off with the 12.8″ VDV Reinforced Barrel to seriously boost the UGR’s bullet velocity and damage range. The UGR is severely lacking in both departments, but this attachment makes it far more competitive in longer-range battles.
Next up, we went for the Spetsnaz Grip to keep the recoil in check and make it far easier to control. Then we chose KGB Skeletal Stock and GRU Elastic Wrap for a decrease in sprint-to-fire time and ADS speed, allowing you to get shots earlier while rushing around the map.
Many were surprised to see that the UGR comes with explosive rounds, so we couldn’t resist equipping Explosive Flechettes to our loadout. Aside from the obvious boost in overall damage, they also increase ammo capacity which is vital in a fast-firing weapon.
Best Cold War UGR Perk & Equipment
- Perk 1: Flak Jacket & Tactical Mask
- Perk 2: Scavenger & Assassin
- Perk 3: Ghost & Ninja
- Lethal Equipment: Semtex
- Tactical Equipment: Stimshot
We think the UGR is still effective with only five attachments, so we’re equipping Greed Wildcard to use extra Perks in each slot in BOCW multiplayer matches,
Flak Jacket and Tactical Mask are incredibly important in the first slot, as they’ll keep you protected from incoming explosives and Gas Mines, which can be frustrating when running and gunning.
Next, we picked Scavenger to make sure you never run out of ammo, as well as Assassin to keep the Scorestreaks rolling in. In the final slot, we recommend Ghost to stay invisible on enemy radars, as well as Ninja to help with flanking, which you’ll want to do a lot of with the UGR.
In terms of equipment, Semtex is an easy-to-use lethal, while Stimshot will give you a handy health boost when things get tough out there.
How to unlock UGR in Black Ops Cold War
To unlock the UGR SMG, players must kill an enemy revealed by their Spy Plane, UAV, or Field Mic with an SMG in 15 different completed matches. If you’re not a big multiplayer fan, it can be earned in Zombies by eliminating 1000 enemies while using an Epic rarity or better SMG.
You can also bypass the challenges altogether if you don’t mind spending 2,400 CoD Points on the new Lazar bundle.
Best alternatives to Cold War’s UGR
Black Ops Cold War has some powerful SMGs if the UGR isn’t working for you. The TEC-9 and LC10, in particular, remain incredibly strong in multiplayer matches and rank as two of the best weapons in the entire game.
For more, be sure to check out the best UGR loadout to use on Caldera in Warzone Pacific Season 3.
Image Credit: Activision
How to unlock UGR SMG in Cold War & Warzone
Here’s everything you need to know about the new UGR SMG including how to unlock the weapon in Cold War and Warzone.
Treyarch continue to release new weapons for Cold War and the latest is the UGR SMG based on the APS underwater rifle that will be making its way to both Cold War and Warzone. Here’s how to unlock the UGR in Cold War and Warzone.
Although Vanguard is now in Season 3 and 2022’s Modern Warfare 2 has been announced, Treyarch are still releasing content for 2020’s Black Ops Cold War. Alongside a ton of Zombies changes that arrived with the April 25 update, Treyarch confirmed the classic Jungle map and a brand-new weapon would arrive in the “coming weeks.”
On May 6, the new UGR SMG made its way to the game alongside a remastered version of the Jungle map. Here’s how to unlock the UGR in Cold War and Warzone.
UGR SMG in Cold War & Warzone
Those who played Call of Duty: Ghosts may recognize Cold War’s new UGR SMG as it’s based on the APS underwater rifle that appeared in the campaign. The in-game description says it’s a “full-auto submachine gun” and an “underwater rifle modified for improved land performance.”
The weapon is projectile-based with quite a low bullet velocity, so you won’t be beaming enemies at range with ease. Players were also surprised to see that it comes with explosive bullets.
How to unlock UGR in Cold War & Warzone
Players can unlock the UGR by killing an enemy revealed by your Spy Plane, UAV, or Field Mic with an SMG in 15 different completed matches. You can also unlock the UGR in Zombies if you eliminate 1000 enemies while using an Epic rarity or better SMG.
The new UGR SMG has the same unlock challenge for both Cold War and Warzone, so it’ll be up to you to decide which game you’d like to complete it in. In addition, you can also receive the UGR straight away by purchasing the new Lazar bundle for 2,400 CoD Points.
Image Credit: Activision
Treyarch confirm Jungle map remaster & new weapon arriving in Black Ops Cold War
Black Ops Cold War devs Treyarch have confirmed a new long-range weapon and Jungle map remaster coming soon.
Treyarch have confirmed brand-new content is on the way for Black Ops Cold War, including a new weapon and remastered version of the classic Jungle map.
Now, Treyarch have announced more new additions that they have planned for Black Ops Cold War in May and beyond, including a long-range weapon and a remastered version of a classic Call of Duty map.
Cold War Jungle map remaster release date
Treyarch confirmed that the remastered Jungle map will make its way to Black Ops Cold War on Friday, May 6. The new map hit the game at 10:00 AM PT / 1:00 PM ET / 6:00 PM UK.
Treyarch originally confirmed their plans for brand-new Call of Duty content in a blog post on April 14, including the addition of the classic map Jungle. When the map hits the game on May 6, players will be able to jump into a Jungle 24/7 playlist.
When this map first made its debut, it consisted of a ruined village and military base near a river in the middle of a Vietnamese jungle. Players could take advantage of its many slopes and ladders to move quickly between levels.
Jungle won over players with its impressive layout and was added to other CoD titles like Black Ops III and Black Ops 4. Now, a remastered version will be added to Cold War’s standard 6v6 playlists in a new update.
New Cold War weapon
Adding new weapons often shakes up the meta of CoD titles, so we can expect major changes after this new content drop arrives.
For more Black Ops Cold War, be sure to check out Treyarch confirming that Cold War won’t receive more Zombies maps as well as the leaked Scythe weapon and its unlock requirements.
Image Credit: Activision / Treyarch
Warzone dev responds to more issues with still broken Gas Mask animation
Warzone's Gas Mask animation continues to cause problems in Season 3, and Raven's Senior Creative DIrector has addressed the issue.
How to complete Fortnite Supply Llama Challenge: Free rewards
Here's how you can sign up for the Fortnite Supply Llama Challenge and complete it to get yourself free rewards.
FaZe Booya reveals “underrated” Warzone Rebirth Island SMG you should be using
Warzone pro FaZe Booya has shown off his loadout for an underused SMG that is perfect for Rebirth Island in...