The Black Ops Cold War November 2 update patch notes will be making some major changes and additions to the first-person shooter, and we have the early look at what they will entail covered for you.
However, Treyarch Studios continues to provide players with new pieces of content and updates for Black Ops Cold War to improve the overall experience, which is the focus of the Cold War November 2 update patch notes.
The complete set of Black Ops Cold War November 2 update patch notes have been officially revealed, and you can find them all below:
Black Ops Cold War November 2 update patch notes
NEW SEASON SIX CONTENT INCOMING
With The Haunting behind us, we’re bringing a new batch of Season Six content to Black Ops Cold War in our 9PM PT update, including the new Hammer & Sickle Melee weapon, 100 Percenter Challenge rewards, new Prestige Shop content to unlock, and the launch of Onslaught in Zombies on all platforms for everyone to enjoy!
In Multiplayer, 18-player Infected continues this week, and we’re bringing back Nuketown 24/7, 3v3 Gunfight Snipers Only, and Throwback Moshpit, featuring Nuketown ’84 and our remastered classics from Black Ops and Black Ops II. In addition to the Hammer & Sickle, the LAPA SMG can now be unlocked in Multiplayer and Zombies via weapon unlock challenge in case you missed it during The Haunting, and new rewards have been added for winners of our latest Gunfight Tournament.
100 PERCENTER REWARDS
For all you completionists out there, we’re adding new “100 Percenter” Challenge rewards for Multiplayer, Zombies, and Campaign as an added bonus on top of all the extra XP you’ve earned along the way. Players will now be rewarded with new Animated Master Calling Cards when they complete 100% of all Challenges in each mode, excluding Dark Ops Challenges.
If you’ve already completed all Challenges in any given mode, your Animated Calling Card will be rewarded retroactively. Check your inventory at the Barracks and update your Calling Card Showcase to show off your Black Ops Cold War mastery.
PRESTIGE SHOP UPDATES + MORE
The Prestige Shop is getting a new batch of content to unlock with this update! Trade in your Prestige Keys for the new “Vicarious” Tactical Rifle Weapon Blueprint, new Legacy Calling Cards, and additional Animated Calling Cards from previous Call of Duty games.
Note: You’ll continue to earn Prestige Keys in Black Ops Cold War at every 50 Season Levels after Season Six ends and Call of Duty®: Vanguard Season One begins. All earned Prestige-related content will also remain unlocked, and your Prestige Master Ribbon progression will carry over into Vanguard, with six new Prestige Master Ribbons being added to the system to immortalize your Prestige Master progress.
ZOMBIES ONSLAUGHT ON ALL PLATFORMS
With Season Six fully released and our next Zombies chapter just days away in Vanguard, we’re proud to have provided the most diverse offering of Zombies experiences in a Black Ops game to date over the past year, including:
- 4 unique round-based maps
- 8 Outbreak Regions
- 6 Main Quests
- 23 Onslaught maps
- Dead Ops Arcade 3
- New Zombies modes: Cranked, Jingle Hells, Outbreak Survival, Hallows’ Eve Outbreak, Dead Ops Arcade: First-Person, Onslaught Containment, Onslaught Mystery Munitions, Onslaught Accelerated, Onslaught Diminishing Light, Onslaught Elite & more.
In our 9PM PT update, we’re excited to bring Onslaught to Zombies players on all platforms, packed with 20+ maps and tons of Dark Aether narrative Intel to unlock. Jump into Onslaught and Onslaught Containment for intense 2-player experiences where the undead surges increase in intensity as the rounds go up. Keep the Dark Aether Orb powered up with the souls of your enemies and don’t get left behind in the Phase!
NEW ZOMBIES UPDATES
In round-based maps, we’re cranking up the Rampage Inducer’s effects all the way up to Round 55 for those hungry for a more intense experience beyond the original 20-round limit. To fit the new round cap, we’re tweaking the Rampage Inducer’s chance to spawn Super Sprinters based on community feedback. The Super Sprinter spawn rate will now begin at 20% (formerly 50%) and increase by 5% every five rounds (25% chance at Rounds 5-9, 30% chance at Rounds 10-14, etc.) to make earlier rounds slightly more manageable before things get truly wild.
We’re also updating the Mystery Box and Trials rewards to include weapons from Seasons Four and Five, and Outbreak players will now start the match with 1,000 Essence (previously 500). In “Firebase Z,” we’ve addressed an issue where the Orda was pretty much unkillable with three or four players during Assault Rounds, as well as various other bug & stability fixes. See below for the full list of additional incoming Zombies updates.
SEASON SIX OUTRO CINEMATIC
With Adler deprogrammed and Perseus’s plans interrupted, there’s nowhere left to run. Woods, Mason, Hudson, and Adler rush to Verdansk to confront Stitch and discover the true whereabouts of Perseus. Watch the Season Six Outro Cinematic to see how it ends, and check out the new Cinematic Archive in the Barracks to watch story cinematics from previous seasons.
As Season Six draws to a close, a new chapter is about to begin…
CALL OF DUTY: VANGUARD LAUNCHES NOV. 5
Vanguard arrives Nov. 5th, delivering the continuation of the Dark Aether story with “Der Anfang,” developed by Treyarch. Check out our new gameplay guide for all the details on the Dark Aether entities, Covenants, Artifacts, Perks, Weapon Tiers, Custom Loadouts, and new narrative voices coming to Zombies to get ready for launch.
As a reminder, all XP earned in Vanguard during the Preseason will also apply to your Season Six progression and Battle Pass in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone, so you’ll never miss out on progress across games while you’re playing Vanguard Zombies. See you in-game on Friday!
In the meantime, here’s what’s coming to Black Ops Cold War starting at 9 PM PT:
- Hammer & Sickle
- New Melee weapon now available via weapon unlock challenges in Multiplayer and Zombies, or via Store bundle.
- New weapon unlock challenge added to Multiplayer and Zombies for the LAPA SMG.
- 100 Percenter Rewards
- Added “100 Percenter” Challenge rewards for Multiplayer, Zombies, and Campaign.
- Players are now awarded an Animated Calling Card when they complete 100% of Challenges in each mode.
- Dark Ops Challenges are not required to earn 100 Percenter Calling Cards.
- Players who have already completed all Challenges in a given mode will be awarded the Calling Card retroactively.
- New Weapon Blueprint
- Added new “Vicarious” Tactical Rifle Weapon Blueprint to the Prestige Shop.
- Legacy Calling Cards
- Added new Legacy Calling Cards and Animated Calling Cards to the Prestige Shop.
- Added new Cinematic Archive to the Barracks where players can watch cinematics from previous seasons.
- Players will now be prompted with an option to uninstall the Black Ops Cold War Campaign to free up disk space.
- All Campaign save data will be retained and the mode can be reinstalled at any time.
- Throwback Moshpit
- Added updated Throwback Moshpit playlist featuring Nuketown ’84 and remastered maps from Black Ops and Black Ops II.
- Gunfight Tournament
- Added new rewards for the latest Gunfight Tournament.
- Nuketown 24/7
- Throwback Moshpit [NEW]
- 3v3 Gunfight Snipers Only [NEW]
- Face Off 6v6
- Party Games
- All Platforms
- Onslaught available on all platforms starting at 9PM PT Nov. 2nd, including 23 maps across Onslaught and Onslaught Containment:
- The Pines
- Onslaught Containment
- Game Show
- Nuketown ‘84
- Addressed an issue where progress for the Onslaught Containment challenge “Contained” was being tracked when playing standard Onslaught.
- Rampage Inducer
- Rampage Inducer effects now last until Round 55 (previously ended on Round 20).
- Adjusted chance to spawn Super Sprinters based on community feedback. Super Sprinter spawn rate now begins at 20% (originally 50%) and increases 5% every 5 rounds while Rampage Inducer is active (25% chance at Rounds 5-9, 30% chance at Rounds 10-14, and so on).
- Addressed an issue in “Firebase Z” where the Orda was unintentionally difficult to kill during Assault Waves from Round 30 onward in 3-player and 4-player games.
- Addressed an issue where players could lose control of the ARC-XD when driving near the underground facility entrance doors on “Die Maschine.”
- Closed exploits that allowed players to reach unintended locations in “Die Maschine,” “Firebase Z,” and “Mauer Der Toten.”
- Closed various zombie pathing exploits in “Forsaken.”
- Addressed various stability issues in “Forsaken” related to arcade games, the Main Quest, and the Chrysalax Wonder Weapon.
- Addressed an issue where certain audio was missing during Exfil in “Forsaken.”
- Addressed an issue where Kravchenko’s knife was missing during the “Firebase Z” ending cutscene.
- Players will now start with 1,000 Essence in Outbreak (previously 500).
- Weapons from Seasons Four and Five can now be acquired from the Mystery Box.
- Weapons from Seasons Four and Five can now be acquired as possible rewards.
- Addressed an issue where Chalices were being incorrectly awarded in limited-time modes.
- PhD Slider can now be purchased in offline Local play.
- The Hand Cannon and ARC-XD can now be crafted in offline Local play.
- Outbreak (Endless and 3 Region)
- Mauer der Toten
- Firebase Z
- Die Maschine
- Onslaught (All Platforms)
- Onslaught Containment (All Platforms)
- Dead Ops Arcade 3 (Standard and First-Person)
The November 2 update will be going live at 9 PM PST/ 11 PM CST/ 12 AM EST (November 3).
Source: Treyarch Studios
Image Credits: Activision / Treyarch Studios
When does Vanguard & Warzone Season 1 start? Season 6 end date
Black Ops Cold War and Warzone Season 6 is set to make way for Vanguard Season 1, here’s everything we know about when it will happen.
Call of Duty: Vanguard is finally here, but players will have to wait a little longer for the game’s first season. Here’s everything we know about Vanguard & Warzone Season 1, including release date and content.
After months of anticipation, Call of Duty: Vanguard has finally arrived, taking players back in time to World War II for all-out combat across the world. While Vanguard dropped on November 5, players will have to wait a little longer for the first season, and the content it will bring with it.
Vanguard & Warzone Season 1 start date
The sixth season of Black Ops Cold War and Warzone will end on Thursday, December 2, 2021, bringing an end to the Treyarch game’s run. Vanguard Season 1 will officially kick off on December 8.
Vanguard owners will have 24-hour exclusive first play access to the Caldera map. Open access begins on Dec. 9. So, if you’re looking to get on the new map early, make sure you purchase Vanguard!
Vanguard will have been out nearly a month by this point, making it the ideal time to bring in the new Warzone Caldera map and WW2 weapons set to drop with the first season, as well as the long-awaited introduction of anti-cheat.
This isn’t to say that Black Ops Cold War will be forgotten, as Modern Warfare has still received content updates in the last year.
Vanguard & Warzone Season 1 content
Season 1 will be hugely important for both games, with major content coming to both Vanguard and Warzone.
For Vanguard, players will receive new multiplayer maps to explore and do battle on, along with the first Vanguard-specific Battle Pass, filled with new cosmetic content for players to enjoy.
- Read More: Best FOV settings for CoD: Vanguard
Season 1 is set to be one of the biggest Warzone updates ever, with the new Pacific Caldera map finally releasing, Vanguard weapons being added, and the introduction of the new RICOCHET anti-cheat system.
What’s happening before Vanguard & Warzone Season 1
While December 8th will be when all of the official Vanguard and Warzone Season 1 action will be kicking off, there is still plenty of action to enjoy in the remaining time of Black Ops Cold War Season 6.
You can find the official schedule for all of the content coming to Warzone and Black Ops Cold War ahead of Vanguard Season 1 below thanks to the Call of Duty blog.
- October 28 (Console) and November 2 (PC): Call of Duty: Vanguard Pre-Loading Begins – Pre-order now to get your game ready to play immediately at launch, in addition to numerous bonuses across Vanguard, Black Ops Cold War, and Warzone.
- November 5: Call of Duty: Vanguard Launch – Expect epic experiences on all fronts with Campaign, Multiplayer, and Zombies. Additionally, RICOCHET Anti-Cheat begins its implementation with server-side initiatives.
- November 5 to December 2: Preseason in Vanguard – Access to Free Vanguard Tiers on the Black Ops Cold War Season Six Battle Pass System continues. Then on November 17, prepare to ship off to a fan-favorite map.
- November 18: Operation: Flashback Begins in Warzone – An encore limited-time mode for Verdansk, celebrating its past 18 months of hosting over 100 million players strong in Warzone. Ready for your last dance in Verdansk?
- November 24: Uncover the “Secrets of the Pacific” – Get intel on Caldera and its new points of interest through this event’s Warzone and Vanguard Multiplayer challenges.
- November 30 and December 1: Last Hours of Verdansk. – Bombs away – see what happens to Verdansk before Warzone goes dark to prepare for Caldera and Season One.
- December 8: Season One Begins – Vanguard players get new Multiplayer maps, 24 hours of exclusive access to Call of Duty®: Warzone™ Pacific and more to kick off Season One. All players can enjoy a new Battle Pass system and two free functional weapons. Plus: RICOCHET Anti-Cheat’s driver begins its rollout in Warzone.
In the meantime, players will be able to enjoy the first month of Vanguard and to get the most out of your WWII experience, check out our guide on the best controller and aim assist settings, or when the next Double XP event will take place.
Image credits: Activision
Will you be able to use Cold War and Modern Warfare weapons in Warzone Pacific?
Our quick and easy guide will answer the question of whether or not players can use Cold War and Modern Warfare guns in Warzone Pacific.
One question on everyone’s mind ahead of Warzone Pacific’s Caldera map is whether or not you’ll be able to use Modern Warfare and Black Ops Cold War’s guns in it. We will answer that for you today.
Call of Duty: Warzone already has a ridiculously bloated arsenal of weapons for players to choose from. With over 100 guns to select as of Warzone Season 6, the transition into Warzone Pacific and the new Caldera map will see all of Vanguard’s guns added.
Can you use Modern Warfare and Cold War weapons in Warzone Pacific?
Fans of any of Modern Warfare and Black Ops Cold War’s weapons will be pleased to know that they too will also be carrying over into Warzone Pacific.
In an exclusive interview with Dexerto, Zach Hodson, Lead Designer at Sledgehammer Games discussed how Vanguard’s weapons will have to be considered when being added to all the other existing guns in the game.
He said that SHG has to keep a “separate balance sheet to track how things might work in Warzone.” Presumably, this is to factor in the extra 40 guns, taking Warzone up to a total of about 150 guns for players to use.
It should be noted that Warzone Pacific game modes will tailor the guns to its different game modes. Warzone Caldera Battle Royale will allow the use of all guns, whereas Vanguard-specific modes will only allow the use of Vanguard weapons.
How to use Cold War & MW weapons in Warzone Pacific
Whilst there’s nothing concrete just yet, we think that to use these weapons in Warzone Pacific, players will simply be able to select the ones they have unlocked once the Season 1 integration with Vanguard goes live.
When Black Ops Cold War and Warzone merged, it was a simple case of players being able to use the guns that they’d unlocked in Cold War, Modern Warfare, and Warzone. If you hadn’t unlocked a certain gun, then you could complete a challenge condition that was different in each game.
We expect this to be exactly the same in Warzone Pacific, and it’ll be up to the preference of the player, and their availability of each CoD game, to decide how to unlock particular weapons.
We’ll be sure to update this once Sledgehammer Games and Raven Software have provided a bit more official insight into the integration of weapons.
In the meantime, check out everything we know about Vanguard and Warzone Season 1.
Image Credit: Activision / Raven Software / Sledgehammer Games
Cold War players claim they’ll boycott game as “best mode” removal sparks fury
Black Ops Cold War fans are claiming they will boycott the game after the “best mode” was removed, days before Vanguard’s release.
Hours before Vanguard’s release, players are claiming they’ll boycott Black Ops Cold War following the removal of the game’s “best mode.”
With Activision releasing a new Call of Duty annually, each game’s lifespan is two years tops. Some CoD titles will fizzle out before then, while others hang on for dear life near the end of year two.
Vanguard aims to take players back to WWII. Many fans have expressed their disappointment with returning to an oversaturated time period. So much so that players had planned on sticking with Black Ops Cold War for a second year.
However, players’ plans to stick with BOCW changed after the recent removal of the fan-favorite 12v12 mode. This isn’t the first time Treyarch removed this mode, but fans have reason to believe it won’t be coming back.
Fans boycott Cold War following 12v12 removal
Just days before Vanguard’s release, Treyarch has pulled the plug on Black Ops Cold War’s 12v12 mode. And of course, fans are furious. Players that had planned to stick with BOCW for a second year are now boycotting the game until 12v12 is reinstated.
Many fans have taken to Twitter and Reddit to express their disappointment. Tweets from users like chaigrima and ColvinoYT state that 12v12 was the “only reason” they played CW Multiplayer.
Replies to posts similar to these are from fans stating they won’t be returning to BOCW until 12v12 is reinstated. And a Reddit post from u/RagingSerenity claims that 12v12 was BOCW’s “best game mode” and the game is boring now that it’s gone.
For the most part, fans understand why Treyarch removed the game mode. Activision wants Vanguard to sell as many copies as possible at launch. And one of the best ways to do so is to throttle players’ enjoyment of a previous title.
With so many players flooding Vanguards servers over the coming days, Activision may also need to free up server space. Nonetheless, BOCW fans are still outraged at the removal of 12v12. And it’s hard to say whether Treyarch can justify bringing it back after the release of Vanguard.
Image Credit: Activision / Treyarch
Ranking FIFA 22 Ultimate Team Signature Signings from worst to best
The Black Friday promo brought Signature Signings player items to FIFA 22 Ultimate Team. Here’s a look at how each...
Warzone Pacific changes: Dead Silence nerf, Heartbeat Sensors, Kali Sticks, more
Some major Warzone Pacific Season 1 changes are coming with the launch of Caldera on December 8. Here’s everything you...
Apex Legends TikTok trick reveals hidden supply bin on Storm Point
The latest Apex Legends map, Storm Point, has a lot of secrets to uncover. A new TikTok trick shows players...