The Black Ops Cold War November 2 update patch notes will be making some major changes and additions to the first-person shooter, and we have the early look at what they will entail covered for you.
However, Treyarch Studios continues to provide players with new pieces of content and updates for Black Ops Cold War to improve the overall experience, which is the focus of the Cold War November 2 update patch notes.
The complete set of Black Ops Cold War November 2 update patch notes have been officially revealed, and you can find them all below:
Black Ops Cold War November 2 update patch notes
NEW SEASON SIX CONTENT INCOMING
With The Haunting behind us, we’re bringing a new batch of Season Six content to Black Ops Cold War in our 9PM PT update, including the new Hammer & Sickle Melee weapon, 100 Percenter Challenge rewards, new Prestige Shop content to unlock, and the launch of Onslaught in Zombies on all platforms for everyone to enjoy!
In Multiplayer, 18-player Infected continues this week, and we’re bringing back Nuketown 24/7, 3v3 Gunfight Snipers Only, and Throwback Moshpit, featuring Nuketown ’84 and our remastered classics from Black Ops and Black Ops II. In addition to the Hammer & Sickle, the LAPA SMG can now be unlocked in Multiplayer and Zombies via weapon unlock challenge in case you missed it during The Haunting, and new rewards have been added for winners of our latest Gunfight Tournament.
100 PERCENTER REWARDS
For all you completionists out there, we’re adding new “100 Percenter” Challenge rewards for Multiplayer, Zombies, and Campaign as an added bonus on top of all the extra XP you’ve earned along the way. Players will now be rewarded with new Animated Master Calling Cards when they complete 100% of all Challenges in each mode, excluding Dark Ops Challenges.
If you’ve already completed all Challenges in any given mode, your Animated Calling Card will be rewarded retroactively. Check your inventory at the Barracks and update your Calling Card Showcase to show off your Black Ops Cold War mastery.
PRESTIGE SHOP UPDATES + MORE
The Prestige Shop is getting a new batch of content to unlock with this update! Trade in your Prestige Keys for the new “Vicarious” Tactical Rifle Weapon Blueprint, new Legacy Calling Cards, and additional Animated Calling Cards from previous Call of Duty games.
Note: You’ll continue to earn Prestige Keys in Black Ops Cold War at every 50 Season Levels after Season Six ends and Call of Duty®: Vanguard Season One begins. All earned Prestige-related content will also remain unlocked, and your Prestige Master Ribbon progression will carry over into Vanguard, with six new Prestige Master Ribbons being added to the system to immortalize your Prestige Master progress.
ZOMBIES ONSLAUGHT ON ALL PLATFORMS
With Season Six fully released and our next Zombies chapter just days away in Vanguard, we’re proud to have provided the most diverse offering of Zombies experiences in a Black Ops game to date over the past year, including:
- 4 unique round-based maps
- 8 Outbreak Regions
- 6 Main Quests
- 23 Onslaught maps
- Dead Ops Arcade 3
- New Zombies modes: Cranked, Jingle Hells, Outbreak Survival, Hallows’ Eve Outbreak, Dead Ops Arcade: First-Person, Onslaught Containment, Onslaught Mystery Munitions, Onslaught Accelerated, Onslaught Diminishing Light, Onslaught Elite & more.
In our 9PM PT update, we’re excited to bring Onslaught to Zombies players on all platforms, packed with 20+ maps and tons of Dark Aether narrative Intel to unlock. Jump into Onslaught and Onslaught Containment for intense 2-player experiences where the undead surges increase in intensity as the rounds go up. Keep the Dark Aether Orb powered up with the souls of your enemies and don’t get left behind in the Phase!
NEW ZOMBIES UPDATES
In round-based maps, we’re cranking up the Rampage Inducer’s effects all the way up to Round 55 for those hungry for a more intense experience beyond the original 20-round limit. To fit the new round cap, we’re tweaking the Rampage Inducer’s chance to spawn Super Sprinters based on community feedback. The Super Sprinter spawn rate will now begin at 20% (formerly 50%) and increase by 5% every five rounds (25% chance at Rounds 5-9, 30% chance at Rounds 10-14, etc.) to make earlier rounds slightly more manageable before things get truly wild.
We’re also updating the Mystery Box and Trials rewards to include weapons from Seasons Four and Five, and Outbreak players will now start the match with 1,000 Essence (previously 500). In “Firebase Z,” we’ve addressed an issue where the Orda was pretty much unkillable with three or four players during Assault Rounds, as well as various other bug & stability fixes. See below for the full list of additional incoming Zombies updates.
SEASON SIX OUTRO CINEMATIC
With Adler deprogrammed and Perseus’s plans interrupted, there’s nowhere left to run. Woods, Mason, Hudson, and Adler rush to Verdansk to confront Stitch and discover the true whereabouts of Perseus. Watch the Season Six Outro Cinematic to see how it ends, and check out the new Cinematic Archive in the Barracks to watch story cinematics from previous seasons.
As Season Six draws to a close, a new chapter is about to begin…
CALL OF DUTY: VANGUARD LAUNCHES NOV. 5
Vanguard arrives Nov. 5th, delivering the continuation of the Dark Aether story with “Der Anfang,” developed by Treyarch. Check out our new gameplay guide for all the details on the Dark Aether entities, Covenants, Artifacts, Perks, Weapon Tiers, Custom Loadouts, and new narrative voices coming to Zombies to get ready for launch.
As a reminder, all XP earned in Vanguard during the Preseason will also apply to your Season Six progression and Battle Pass in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone, so you’ll never miss out on progress across games while you’re playing Vanguard Zombies. See you in-game on Friday!
In the meantime, here’s what’s coming to Black Ops Cold War starting at 9 PM PT:
- Hammer & Sickle
- New Melee weapon now available via weapon unlock challenges in Multiplayer and Zombies, or via Store bundle.
- New weapon unlock challenge added to Multiplayer and Zombies for the LAPA SMG.
- 100 Percenter Rewards
- Added “100 Percenter” Challenge rewards for Multiplayer, Zombies, and Campaign.
- Players are now awarded an Animated Calling Card when they complete 100% of Challenges in each mode.
- Dark Ops Challenges are not required to earn 100 Percenter Calling Cards.
- Players who have already completed all Challenges in a given mode will be awarded the Calling Card retroactively.
- New Weapon Blueprint
- Added new “Vicarious” Tactical Rifle Weapon Blueprint to the Prestige Shop.
- Legacy Calling Cards
- Added new Legacy Calling Cards and Animated Calling Cards to the Prestige Shop.
- Added new Cinematic Archive to the Barracks where players can watch cinematics from previous seasons.
- Players will now be prompted with an option to uninstall the Black Ops Cold War Campaign to free up disk space.
- All Campaign save data will be retained and the mode can be reinstalled at any time.
- Throwback Moshpit
- Added updated Throwback Moshpit playlist featuring Nuketown ’84 and remastered maps from Black Ops and Black Ops II.
- Gunfight Tournament
- Added new rewards for the latest Gunfight Tournament.
- Nuketown 24/7
- Throwback Moshpit [NEW]
- 3v3 Gunfight Snipers Only [NEW]
- Face Off 6v6
- Party Games
- All Platforms
- Onslaught available on all platforms starting at 9PM PT Nov. 2nd, including 23 maps across Onslaught and Onslaught Containment:
- The Pines
- Onslaught Containment
- Game Show
- Nuketown ‘84
- Addressed an issue where progress for the Onslaught Containment challenge “Contained” was being tracked when playing standard Onslaught.
- Rampage Inducer
- Rampage Inducer effects now last until Round 55 (previously ended on Round 20).
- Adjusted chance to spawn Super Sprinters based on community feedback. Super Sprinter spawn rate now begins at 20% (originally 50%) and increases 5% every 5 rounds while Rampage Inducer is active (25% chance at Rounds 5-9, 30% chance at Rounds 10-14, and so on).
- Addressed an issue in “Firebase Z” where the Orda was unintentionally difficult to kill during Assault Waves from Round 30 onward in 3-player and 4-player games.
- Addressed an issue where players could lose control of the ARC-XD when driving near the underground facility entrance doors on “Die Maschine.”
- Closed exploits that allowed players to reach unintended locations in “Die Maschine,” “Firebase Z,” and “Mauer Der Toten.”
- Closed various zombie pathing exploits in “Forsaken.”
- Addressed various stability issues in “Forsaken” related to arcade games, the Main Quest, and the Chrysalax Wonder Weapon.
- Addressed an issue where certain audio was missing during Exfil in “Forsaken.”
- Addressed an issue where Kravchenko’s knife was missing during the “Firebase Z” ending cutscene.
- Players will now start with 1,000 Essence in Outbreak (previously 500).
- Weapons from Seasons Four and Five can now be acquired from the Mystery Box.
- Weapons from Seasons Four and Five can now be acquired as possible rewards.
- Addressed an issue where Chalices were being incorrectly awarded in limited-time modes.
- PhD Slider can now be purchased in offline Local play.
- The Hand Cannon and ARC-XD can now be crafted in offline Local play.
- Outbreak (Endless and 3 Region)
- Mauer der Toten
- Firebase Z
- Die Maschine
- Onslaught (All Platforms)
- Onslaught Containment (All Platforms)
- Dead Ops Arcade 3 (Standard and First-Person)
The November 2 update will be going live at 9 PM PST/ 11 PM CST/ 12 AM EST (November 3).
Source: Treyarch Studios
Image Credits: Activision / Treyarch Studios
Best UGR loadout for Black Ops Cold War
The UGR is a brand-new SMG in Black Ops Cold War, so here’s our best compelte with Attachments, Perks, and Equipment.
The UGR is a brand-new SMG in Black Ops Cold War, and players can’t wait to try it out in multiplayer matches. Here’s our breakdown of the best UGR loadout to run in BOCW.
Even though CoD Vanguard is now in its third season, and Modern Warfare 2 is arriving this year, support for Black Ops Cold War is still going strong. After a huge Zombies patch on April 25, Treyarch have now added a remastered version of the Jungle map, as well as a new weapon.
The UGR SMG is an interesting close-range option, as it’s an “underwater rifle modified for improved land performance.” It doesn’t have the bullet velocity to take enemies out at distance, but it’s formidable in close-quarters combat.
If you’re looking to run it in multiplayer, you’ll need to know how to make the most of it. Check out our best UGR loadout for Black Ops Cold War.
- Best Cold War UGR loadout attachments
- Best Cold War UGR Perks & Equipment
- How to unlock UGR in Black Ops Cold War
- Best alternatives to Cold War’s UGR
Best Cold War UGR loadout attachments
- Barrel: 12.8″ VDV Reinforced
- Underbarrel: Spetsnaz Grip
- Magazine: Explosive Flechettes
- Handle: GRU Elastic Wrap
- Stock: KGB Skeletal Stock
We kick things off with the 12.8″ VDV Reinforced Barrel to seriously boost the UGR’s bullet velocity and damage range. The UGR is severely lacking in both departments, but this attachment makes it far more competitive in longer-range battles.
Next up, we went for the Spetsnaz Grip to keep the recoil in check and make it far easier to control. Then we chose KGB Skeletal Stock and GRU Elastic Wrap for a decrease in sprint-to-fire time and ADS speed, allowing you to get shots earlier while rushing around the map.
Many were surprised to see that the UGR comes with explosive rounds, so we couldn’t resist equipping Explosive Flechettes to our loadout. Aside from the obvious boost in overall damage, they also increase ammo capacity which is vital in a fast-firing weapon.
Best Cold War UGR Perk & Equipment
- Perk 1: Flak Jacket & Tactical Mask
- Perk 2: Scavenger & Assassin
- Perk 3: Ghost & Ninja
- Lethal Equipment: Semtex
- Tactical Equipment: Stimshot
We think the UGR is still effective with only five attachments, so we’re equipping Greed Wildcard to use extra Perks in each slot in BOCW multiplayer matches,
Flak Jacket and Tactical Mask are incredibly important in the first slot, as they’ll keep you protected from incoming explosives and Gas Mines, which can be frustrating when running and gunning.
Next, we picked Scavenger to make sure you never run out of ammo, as well as Assassin to keep the Scorestreaks rolling in. In the final slot, we recommend Ghost to stay invisible on enemy radars, as well as Ninja to help with flanking, which you’ll want to do a lot of with the UGR.
In terms of equipment, Semtex is an easy-to-use lethal, while Stimshot will give you a handy health boost when things get tough out there.
How to unlock UGR in Black Ops Cold War
To unlock the UGR SMG, players must kill an enemy revealed by their Spy Plane, UAV, or Field Mic with an SMG in 15 different completed matches. If you’re not a big multiplayer fan, it can be earned in Zombies by eliminating 1000 enemies while using an Epic rarity or better SMG.
You can also bypass the challenges altogether if you don’t mind spending 2,400 CoD Points on the new Lazar bundle.
Best alternatives to Cold War’s UGR
Black Ops Cold War has some powerful SMGs if the UGR isn’t working for you. The TEC-9 and LC10, in particular, remain incredibly strong in multiplayer matches and rank as two of the best weapons in the entire game.
For more, be sure to check out the best UGR loadout to use on Caldera in Warzone Pacific Season 3.
Image Credit: Activision
How to unlock UGR SMG in Cold War & Warzone
Here’s everything you need to know about the new UGR SMG including how to unlock the weapon in Cold War and Warzone.
Treyarch continue to release new weapons for Cold War and the latest is the UGR SMG based on the APS underwater rifle that will be making its way to both Cold War and Warzone. Here’s how to unlock the UGR in Cold War and Warzone.
Although Vanguard is now in Season 3 and 2022’s Modern Warfare 2 has been announced, Treyarch are still releasing content for 2020’s Black Ops Cold War. Alongside a ton of Zombies changes that arrived with the April 25 update, Treyarch confirmed the classic Jungle map and a brand-new weapon would arrive in the “coming weeks.”
On May 6, the new UGR SMG made its way to the game alongside a remastered version of the Jungle map. Here’s how to unlock the UGR in Cold War and Warzone.
UGR SMG in Cold War & Warzone
Those who played Call of Duty: Ghosts may recognize Cold War’s new UGR SMG as it’s based on the APS underwater rifle that appeared in the campaign. The in-game description says it’s a “full-auto submachine gun” and an “underwater rifle modified for improved land performance.”
The weapon is projectile-based with quite a low bullet velocity, so you won’t be beaming enemies at range with ease. Players were also surprised to see that it comes with explosive bullets.
How to unlock UGR in Cold War & Warzone
Players can unlock the UGR by killing an enemy revealed by your Spy Plane, UAV, or Field Mic with an SMG in 15 different completed matches. You can also unlock the UGR in Zombies if you eliminate 1000 enemies while using an Epic rarity or better SMG.
The new UGR SMG has the same unlock challenge for both Cold War and Warzone, so it’ll be up to you to decide which game you’d like to complete it in. In addition, you can also receive the UGR straight away by purchasing the new Lazar bundle for 2,400 CoD Points.
Image Credit: Activision
Treyarch confirm Jungle map remaster & new weapon arriving in Black Ops Cold War
Black Ops Cold War devs Treyarch have confirmed a new long-range weapon and Jungle map remaster coming soon.
Treyarch have confirmed brand-new content is on the way for Black Ops Cold War, including a new weapon and remastered version of the classic Jungle map.
Now, Treyarch have announced more new additions that they have planned for Black Ops Cold War in May and beyond, including a long-range weapon and a remastered version of a classic Call of Duty map.
Cold War Jungle map remaster release date
Treyarch confirmed that the remastered Jungle map will make its way to Black Ops Cold War on Friday, May 6. The new map hit the game at 10:00 AM PT / 1:00 PM ET / 6:00 PM UK.
Treyarch originally confirmed their plans for brand-new Call of Duty content in a blog post on April 14, including the addition of the classic map Jungle. When the map hits the game on May 6, players will be able to jump into a Jungle 24/7 playlist.
When this map first made its debut, it consisted of a ruined village and military base near a river in the middle of a Vietnamese jungle. Players could take advantage of its many slopes and ladders to move quickly between levels.
Jungle won over players with its impressive layout and was added to other CoD titles like Black Ops III and Black Ops 4. Now, a remastered version will be added to Cold War’s standard 6v6 playlists in a new update.
New Cold War weapon
Adding new weapons often shakes up the meta of CoD titles, so we can expect major changes after this new content drop arrives.
For more Black Ops Cold War, be sure to check out Treyarch confirming that Cold War won’t receive more Zombies maps as well as the leaked Scythe weapon and its unlock requirements.
Image Credit: Activision / Treyarch
Warzone players call for devs to remove Shotguns after Season 3 Reloaded damage nerfs
Many now feel that Warzone's Shotguns are pointless after the damage nerfs that came with the Season 3 Reloaded update.
How to complete FIFA 22 Fabinho & Rodrygo Showdown SBC
Players can secure one or both of Fabinho and Rodrygo as part of the new FIFA 22 Ultimate Team Showdown...
Warzone players satisfied with “amazing” new Squad HUD feature
Warzone Pacific Season 3 Reloaded brought some new content to the game, including a Squad HUD feature which players are...