A new patch update for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War will go live on Tuesday, December 8 on all platforms.
Treyarch announced the new updated patch release schedule last week alongside the new Season One release date.
This update is live on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC:
- PC: 12.8GB
- PS4: 12.7GB
- PS5: 23.6GB
- Xbox One: 14.6GB
- Xbox Series X|S: 24.1GB
The update brings a number of quality of life improvements and get the game ready for the Season One launch on December 16.
The next update will arrive on December 15 for Black Ops Cold War and December 16 for Warzone.
Treyarch has provided the patch notes for the new update.
It’s almost here! In preparation for Season One’s arrival in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone on December 16th, today’s incoming Black Ops Cold War update will include several quality-of-life improvements, stability and bug fixes, game mode updates, weapon and Scorestreak adjustments, and plenty more. As a reminder, you can also check out some of the issues we’re currently tracking at our Trello board.
This is our first major game update in the lead-up period before Season One drops. You can expect additional gameplay improvements, bug fixes, and more in our next major update in Black Ops Cold War on Dec. 15th, and in Warzone on Dec. 16th when Season One launches for all players.
In addition to a host of gameplay improvements and fixes in Zombies, this update also adds new Season One Intel to “Die Maschine” and Onslaught as a sneak peek of what’s to come for Zombies players. Happy hunting!
Free Bundles Available Dec. 8th
To thank everyone for their patience as we make the final preparations for Season One, we’re gifting free personalization items to all Black Ops Cold War players in one Pre-Season offer! Simply log in between 10AM PT Dec. 8th and the start of Season One to claim your items, including:
“Field Research” Bundle
- 1 Epic Operator Skin (Park)
- 1 Epic SMG Weapon Blueprint
- 1 Epic Reticle
- 1 Epic Calling Card
- 1 Rare Weapon Charm
- 1 Epic Operator Skin (Garcia)
- 1 Rare Assault Rifle Weapon Blueprint
- 1 Epic Reticle
- 1 Epic Weapon Charm
Motherland Moshpit and 2XP + 2WXP Weekend Incoming
As part of this update, we’re introducing our new Motherland Moshpit playlist featuring TDM, Domination, Kill Confirmed, and Hardpoint on Moscow and Crossroads Strike. Hardcore Motherland Moshpit will also be available in Quick Play, featuring Hardcore TDM, Domination, and Kill Confirmed.
Jump in starting tomorrow – and no worries, Nuketown fans: Nuketown ’84 is still available in Core and Hardcore map lists, and the Nuketown 24/7 playlist will return with a special twist in Season One.
We’re also bringing an extended 2XP + 2WXP Weekend to everyone in MP and Zombies this Saturday, Dec. 12 until the start of Season One! Here’s your last chance to reach Prestige 3 and earn those Prestige Keys before Season One begins.
Here’s what to expect:
- Added crash fixes related to ray tracing on next-gen consoles.
- General stability improvements.
- Addressed an issue where Prestige Levels and Prestige Icons could display inaccurately in lobby menus.
- Addressed an issue where the Prestige 1 icon could display in place of the Commander rank icon in the After Action Report.
- Addressed multiple issues for breadcrumbs appearing incorrectly throughout lobby menus.
- Addressed an issue where the reward animation could sometimes appear corrupted in the After Action Report.
- Motherland Moshpit
- TDM, Domination, Kill Confirmed, and Hardpoint on Moscow and Crossroads Strike.
- Hardcore Motherland Moshpit also available in Quick Play (TDM, Domination, Kill Confirmed).
- Available Dec. 8 until the launch of Season One.
- Addressed an issue where Mastery camos were not progressing properly for some players, despite being earned.
- Reduced the number of kills without dying from 3 to 2 for launcher and M79 camo Challenges.
- Adjusted spawns for zones 1, 3, and 4.
- Resolved an issue where the Hardpoint could be captured behind a crate on zone 4.
- Zone 1 adjusted to provide more balanced cover for both teams.
- Adjusted spawns for zones 2 and 3.
- Crossroads Strike
- Adjusted spawns for all Hardpoint zones.
- Moved zone 4 to the adjacent tents to provide more opportunities for the attacking team.
- Removed spawns near back statue for zone 3.
- Adjusted attacker spawns to reduce travel time to objectives.
- Additional attacker spawns added closer to mid-map when B has been captured.
- Adjusted attacker spawns to reduce travel time to objectives.
- Adjusted attacker spawns to reduce travel time to objectives.
- Fireteam: Dirty Bomb
- Reduced spawn protection time to reduce frequency of protection nullifying explosives (e.g. War Machine) for extended periods of time.
- Addressed an issue where players could collide when redeploying from a Squad Wipe.
- Addressed an issue where players could land on each other and die if they waited until they were auto-deployed during Infil.
- Addressed an issue where players could get stuck by mantling in certain spots on Alpine.
- Addressed an issue where Containers could spawn inside objects.
- Reduced spawn rates of the Gunship, Chopper Gunner, and VTOL Escort.
- Addressed an issue where the Cruise Missile HUD effects could be seen in the Redeploy menu.
- Addressed an issue where the Hind could exit the playable space in Alpine.
- Addressed an issue where dust and threat perception effects could display on the overhead camera.
- Party Invites
- Addressed an issue with Party invites in Fireteam: Dirty Bomb.
- Combined Arms
- Adjusted the interact radius on mounted turrets to be easier to get onto.
- Custom Games
- Added options in Custom Games Scorestreaks settings for Score Reset On Death and Scorestreak Death Penalty, allowing players to set the percentage of score lost on death from 0% (Disabled) to 100% (all score lost on death).
- Round-Based Modes
- Addressed an issue where players could be kicked for inactivity while spectating in round-based modes.
- Added polish to visual kickback when hip-firing weapons.
- Hauer 77
- Addressed an animation issue with the Hauer 77 when firing the last shot while aiming down sights.
- Addressed an issue where launchers could lock onto Stationary Turrets in Combined Arms.
- Addressed an issue that could prevent thermal scopes from showing a thermal overlay when riding a vehicle.
- Care Package
- Care Package explosion will no longer damage teammates in Hardcore.
- Addressed an issue that could cause the Care Package to go through the roof in Checkmate.
- Combat Bow
- Addressed an issue where the Tactical Mask icon would incorrectly display when damaging enemies with the Combat Bow.
- Cruise Missile
- Addressed an issue where damaging a Cruise Missile would not display a hit marker.
- VTOL Escort
- Addressed an issue with the VTOL Escort camera when it would be destroyed from going out of bounds.
- Chopper Gunner
- The Chopper Gunner will now follow its correct shorter path on Crossroads Strike instead of its wider path from Combined Arms.
- Parachutes can now be activated where applicable in all modes in Crossroads.
- Added a unique 6v6 intermission camera on Crossroads Strike.
- Parachutes can now be activated where applicable in all modes in Armada.
- Addressed an issue where one of the explosive barrels would never detonate in Garrison.
- Trophy System
- The Trophy System will now destroy incoming Trophy Systems.
- Addressed an issue where the Trophy System occasionally would not destroy incoming projectiles.
- Addressed an issue where shooting your own Trophy System could show enemy infantry hit markers.
- Assault Pack
- The Assault Pack will now be destroyed if an enemy uses it.
- Field Mic
- Addressed an issue where a player could earn double score events if two Field Mics were overlapping.
- Added a new Helicopter Aiming Mode option.
- Addressed an issue where the camera could clip through the player’s head when switching from driver to passenger while aiming down sights in a vehicle.
- Addressed an issue where players could spawn with corrupted animations if they squad-spawned onto a Dirt Bike as a passenger.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when a player was dismembered by an explosive.
- Finishing Moves
- General clean-up and bug fixes for Finishing Moves.
- Addressed an issue where performing Finishing Moves on enemies while being downed would not count toward the Stone Operator unlock challenge.
- Added voiceover to first-person Gestures.
- Mouse and Keyboard
- Addressed an issue when Jump and Mantle were bound to the Mouse Wheel.
- Addressed an issue with mouse navigation in Theater.
- Addressed an issue with mic status icon not displaying properly in the Party tab.
- Addressed an issue with Voice Chat Volume setting functionality.
- Improved mouse rotation controls for Weapon Inspect.
- Addressed an issue where a character’s exert audio for a weapon melee could be delayed.
- Addressed an issue where players were not immediately killed when being downed while in water.
- Addressed an issue causing progress on the Trapper Challenge to get stuck at 255.
- Addressed an issue that caused incorrect Mastery camo progression information to display.
- Addressed an issue where incorrect Prestige Icons could display in Zombies menus.
- Addressed an issue that sometimes caused the player’s primary weapon camo to appear on a Knife equipped as a secondary weapon.
- Combat Record
- Addressed an issue with incorrect Engagement Range data for some weapons for Zombies.
- Killing Blows will now register properly for Zombies in Combat Record.
- Elite Eliminations will now register properly for Zombies in Combat Record.
- Addressed issues with text overlapping or extending outside the panel in the Intel menus.
- Addressed issues with 3D models not properly orienting in Intel menus.
- Addressed an issue where additional Create-a-Class slots were not appearing in the Zombies lobby on PlayStation platforms.
- Added various stability fixes.
- Added new Season One Intel to discover in “Die Maschine”.
- Closed various exploit areas.
- Addressed an issue that sometimes caused zombies to get stuck inside a spawn location.
- Addressed an issue that caused zombies to incorrectly use their ranged attack in specific locations.
- Addressed an issue that caused zombies to path incorrectly when Decoys were used in specific locations.
- Addressed an issue that caused the incorrect floor of the mini-map from appearing after spectating.
- Addressed an issue that caused shadows to appear incorrectly on a quest character when viewed with the flashlight.
- Addressed an issue that caused ammo to be incorrectly deducted from the D.I.E. Electrobolt while using Aether Shroud.
- Addressed an issue that caused the incorrect weapon rarity to appear for the player’s weapon after respawning.
- Addressed an issue that caused the duplication of weapons using the Arsenal under specific circumstances.
- Addressed an issue that caused the Take Damage and Recover Health Trial from granting progress when recovering the bonus health granted by Jugger-Nog.
- Addressed an issue that prevented a specific Trial from granting a reward.
- Mystery Box
- Addressed an issue that prevented some weapons from appearing in the cycle animation when using the Mystery Box.
- Main Quest
- Addressed a rare issue that could cause the Main Quest to stop progressing at the Decontamination step.
- Addressed an issue that caused incorrect icons to display when pinging certain weapons.
- Addressed an issue that could prevent certain voiceover lines from playing.
- Addressed an issue that could occur where the Pause menu couldn’t be closed when interacting with the Arsenal.
- Addressed an issue that caused a mix of visual effects from different Ammo Mods to display when navigating the Skills menu.
Dead Ops Arcade
- Added various stability fixes.
- Added Room of Judgment event.
- Added various enemy AI tuning changes.
- Added various weapon tuning changes.
- Added Host Migration to Dead Ops Arcade.
- Added options to turn off various UI elements and features.
- Added new Season One Intel to discover in Onslaught.
- Added various enemy pathing fixes.
- Addressed a rare issue that could cause a redundant Perk to be granted from power-ups.
- Added various stability fixes.
- Addressed an issue with text wrapping in Windowed mode.
- Addressed an issue that could cause a blurry screen with NVIDIA Ansel when using a sniper scope.
Stay tuned as Season One approaches.
How to get Ghost of War Ultra Skin in Warzone & Cold War
Here’s how Call of Duty: Warzone and Black Ops Cold War players can get an exclusive Ghost of War Ultra Skin to spook their enemies out.
For those interested in getting the new Ghost of War Ultra Skin in Warzone and Black Ops Cold War, here’s our guide on how to do so.
However, there is another new skin players can get, and there are multiple ways for players to obtain it.
How to get Ghost of War Ultra Skin in Warzone and Cold War
The new skin up for grabs is the Ghost of War Ultra Skin, a new Halloween-themed skeleton skin for you to hunt enemies down. There are two ways to get the skin, but one of them is a limited offer.
Here are the two ways you can obtain the new Operator skin:
- Players can get the Ghost of War Ultra skin by simply pre-ordering Call of Duty: Vanguard digitally
- The Ghost of War Ultra skin is also available in a new bundle right now
For those interested in the bundle, it costs 2,400 COD Points and also comes with various other items, including three Legendary weapon skins and a vehicle skin.
If you have already pre-ordered Vanguard, you’re in luck, as you will also be awarded the Ghost of War Ultra Skin with all of the exciting items that accompany the Warzone Ghost of War skin which you can find below:
For those who want to acquire the skin through pre-ordering, you will need to pre-order Vanguard between October 22 and November 2, as after this period, it will not be available through pre-order.
There you have it. For more on Call of Duty, check out our how to fix the Warzone Status Savannah error.
Image Credits: Activision / Raven Software
10 best guns in Black Ops Cold War: Ranked List
Treyarch’s CoD: Black Ops Cold War has a big arsenal of weapons, and we’ve picked our top 10 best guns and ranked them too.
There are so many different quality guns for Call of Duty players to master in Black Ops Cold War. So we’ve decided to pick out the 10 best guns in Season 5 Reloaded and rank them to find the absolute best.
Black Ops Cold War has a pretty extensive catalog of guns for players to test out and see what works best for them. Since the game’s inception, we’ve been treated to the Streetsweeper, Groza, and MAC-10 in Season 1. The FARA 83, ZRG 20mm, and AMP63 in Seasons 2 and 3, the MG 82 LMG and C58 Assault Rifle in Season 4, and the EM2, and TEC-9 is in Season 5.
With all these additions there is now almost an overflow of Assault Rifles, SMGs, Tactical Rifles, Shotguns, LMGs, and Pistols to pick from. So we’ve taken it upon ourselves to sift through the expansive array of guns and rank the top 10 weapons in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Season 5.
We’ve also ranked the 10 best guns in CoD Warzone too.
Best guns in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War ranked list
Before we delve into a deep look at the elite guns that Treyarch has to offer, we’re first going to do a rundown of every weapon in the game and rank them. Let’s be fair, some of Cold War’s weapons are must-have and must-use, whereas some are simply not worth your time.
- Read More: Best MP5 loadout for CoD: Cold War Season 5
Here’s every main weapon in Black Ops Cold War ranked:
- Krig 6
- KSP 45
- AMP 63
- Swiss K31
- Milano 821
- Stoner 63
- FARA 83
- OTs 9
- Gallo SA12
- MG 82
- FFAR 1
- ZRG 20mm
- DMR 14
- Hauer 77
- LW3 Tundra
- Nail Gun
- Type 63
- Pelington 703
- Cigma 2
CoD: Black Ops Cold War best guns in Season 5
10. Swiss K31 – Best Sniper Rifle in Black Ops Cold War
- Read More: Best Swiss K31 loadout for CoD: Cold War
It possesses the usual damage and range that comes with a dominant Sniper Rifle, but with the added bonus that its ADS time is very short in comparison to other Sniper Rifles. Not only is it perfect for a quickscoping loadout in Cold War Season 5, but it’s effective for any sniping opportunity. The Swiss is phenomenal.
Here’s a quick guide on how to unlock the Swiss K31.
9. AMP63 – Best Pistol in Black Ops Cold War
Although probably the least-used weapon on this list due to its unlock parameters, the AMP63 is a great little weapon to use.
- Read More: Best AMP63 loadout for CoD: Cold War
Its automatic fire nature allows it to barrel its way through ammo and give you a big advantage if you’re accurate. Its only minor setback is that its range suffers in comparison to ARs and SMGs, but if you’re in a small-to-medium-sized map, then give the AMP63 a whirl.
8. Streetsweeper – Best Shotgun in Black Ops Cold War
The weapon is an absolute, indisputable beast. For a weapon that smacks like a hammer, it has very little recoil to show for it. The unbelievable fire rate makes it comparable to any automatic weapon, and if you have a group of enemies in close proximity of you and each other, then they’ve already accepted their fate.
- Read More: Best Streetsweeper loadout for CoD: Cold War
The complete downside to the Streetsweeper is that its reload time is nothing short of vile. Given the furious nature of a game of Call of Duty, you just don’t have time to reload it. If it wasn’t for this, it would be much higher up.
7. KSP 45
Practically reborn in Season 2 of Cold War, the KSP 45 went from being an afterthought to the most powerful burst weapon in the game.
- Read more: Best KSP 45 loadout for CoD: Cold War
Realizing that it wasn’t being used, Treyarch did the right thing and buffed all aspects of the KSP 45. With nerfs to the M16 and AUG, the quick, powerful barrages from the KSP 45 make it far more deadly than it once was. If you enjoy the feeling of successive bursts of bullets with accuracy, then the KSP 45 might just be for you.
- Read More: Best XM4 loadout for CoD: Cold War
It’s always been a calm, cool, and consistent killer, it’s just only now that people are starting to realize how good it actually is. Also, don’t forget to check out its exclusive, secret attachment that Treyarch provided with the Season 5 update.
No one has ever questioned the AK-47’s overwhelming power as each bullet can rip a hole through space and time itself. For all its power, it can be a handful to control thanks to its haphazard recoil.
- Read More: Best AK-47 loadout for CoD: Cold War
Nevertheless, it still retains its aura of destruction and skilled players can effortlessly make it look like one of the best weapons in all of Black Ops Cold War. If that wasn’t enough, the AK-47 received yet another buff in the Cold War Season 5.
One of the most interesting, if not the most interesting, guns in our top 10 list. The TEC-9 is classified as an SMG, yet it’s completely semi-auto.
- Read More: Best TEC-9 loadout for CoD: Cold War
However, with some different attachments, the firing nature of the weapon can actually change, even becoming a burst-fire SMG like the KSP 45. Even in its semi-auto form, the TEC-9 is ridiculously effective and efficient. Couple that with a decent-sized mag, and the TEC-9 is a terrific addition to Season 5.
The race for the top meta weapon in Black Ops Cold War Season 5 is a close one. The EM2 just falls short, but you could easily roll with the EM2 in your main loadout and drop stupidly-high kill games.
- Read More: Best EM2 loadout for CoD: Cold War Season 5
It’s another relentless, pinpoint-accurate weapon that if you fire first with, then you’ll surely come out on top, at any range. It doesn’t take long to unlock either as you only need to reach the free Tier 15 of the Battle Pass to own it. It will be interesting to see if Treyarch makes any significant changes to the EM2.
2. LC10 – Best SMG in Black Ops Cold War
The LC10 has usurped many guns to become one of the most-used weapons in the game and dominate in Black Ops Cold War.
- Read More: Best LC10 loadout for Black Ops Cold War
After repeated calls for it to be nerfed, the LC10 was finally brought down a notch at the beginning of Season 5. But it’s still a fearsome weapon that can outperform virtually every other gun in the game – that’s how insane it is.
Its piercing shots are matched by relatively high accuracy, and it’s a gun with few drawbacks. After being nerfed a bit, the gun fell out of contention for a while, but now it’s back and as destructive as ever.
1. Krig 6 – Best Assault Rifle in Black Ops Cold War
If you know your CoD: Black Ops Cold War, then you probably knew what was coming. That’s right, the Krig 6 takes the top spot because it’s a weapon without any flaws. It’s one of those rare firearms that feels absolutely unbeatable.
- Read More: Best Krig 6 Loadout in CoD: Cold War
Once you’ve progressed the weapon’s level and reduced its vertical and horizontal recoil, then you have your own ridiculous laser. It’s insanely efficient, very strong, stupidly accurate, and is quite simply the best weapon in Black Ops Cold War Season 5.
Make sure to take a look at our best Black Ops Cold War loadouts too!
Image Credit: Activision / Treyarch
When does Cold War & Warzone Season 6 end? Vanguard Season 1 start date
Black Ops Cold War and Warzone Season 6 is set to make way for Vanguard Season 1, here’s everything we know about when it will happen.
Black Ops Cold War and Warzone Season 6 is beginning to wind down, with Call of Duty: Vanguard on the horizon. We break down when the final BOCW and Warzone season ends, and the first Vanguard chapter starts.
Cold War & Warzone Season 6 end date
The sixth season of Black Ops Cold War and Warzone is due to end on Thursday, December 2, 2021.
Season 5 ended on October 7, the first Thursday of the month, and it appears that Season 6 will follow the same while sticking roughly to the two-month structure that Raven and Treyarch used previously.
As mentioned earlier, there will be no Reloaded update this time around in order to make way for the long-awaited arrival of Vanguard integration into Warzone.
This isn’t to say that Black Ops Cold War will be forgotten, as Modern Warfare has still received content updates in the last year.
Vanguard Season 1 start date
We’re expecting Season 1 of Vanguard, both in the standalone game and Warzone, to kick off in early December.
Cold War Season 6 ends on December 2, 2021, but there could be some transition time between the two like there was between Modern Warfare Season 6 and BOCW Season 1.
- Read more: How to get Warzone Plot Twist blueprint
Vanguard will have been out nearly by this point, making it the ideal time to bring in the new Warzone map and WW2 weapons set to drop with the first season, as well as the long-awaited introduction of anti-cheat.
We’re still awaiting official confirmation on when Vanguard Season 1 will begin, so be sure to check back here for future updates.
That was everything we know so far about the transition from Black Ops Cold War into Vanguard later this year.
Image credits: Activision
Warzone October 21 playlist update is now live after delay
The Call of Duty: Warzone playlist update for October 21 is now live in the battle royale game after it...
Warzone October 22 update patch notes: Ghosts of Verdansk changes, Iron Trials duos back, more
Raven Software has officially released the Warzone October 22 update patch notes, and we have all of the details covered...
FIFA 22 Road to the Knockouts: Team 2, FUT upgrades & prices
FIFA 22 Road to the Knockouts is the latest promotion to hit Ultimate Team, and we've got all the details...