Treyarch and Raven Software have released a new playlist update for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War & Warzone on January 7.
Treyarch announced this week that playlist updates were moving to Thursdays starting January 7.
Treyarch has provided the patch notes for what’s new in Black Ops Cold War & Warzone:
- Addressed an issue that could prevent new Daily Challenges from appearing.
- Addressed issues preventing the following Daily Challenges from tracking properly:
- “Team Deathmatch Challenger”
- “Hardcore Challenger”
- “Hardcore Champion”
- Addressed an issue that could prevent progress from tracking for the “Mass Casualties” Challenge when using a Cruise Missile.
- Raid + Crossroads Strike 24/7 [NEW]
- Includes TDM, Domination, Kill Confirmed, and Hardpoint on Raid and Crossroads Strike.
- Hardcore version also available in Quick Play.
- Gunfight Blueprints [NEW]
- 2v2 Gunfight matches using new randomized Weapon Blueprint-based loadouts.
- Fireteam: Dirty Bomb Duos [NEW]
- Fireteam: Dirty Bomb played with 20 players (10 teams of Duos).
- Nuketown 24/7 [UPDATED]
- Nuketown ’84 Holiday replaced with Nuketown ’84.
- Face Off
- Prop Hunt
- Fireteam: Dirty Bomb
- Added extra models and collision to prevent being able to kill enemies at their spawn in Game Show at the start of a match.
- Combined Arms
- Adjusted time in Combined Arms: Assault when a zone is captured.
- Addressed an issue in Hardcore modes where Spy Planes exiting the map could override the mini-map being active, even if a H.A.R.P. was still active.
- Care Package
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when calling in a Holiday Care Package.
- Adjusted XP values for Operator Missions.
- Added various stability fixes.
- Closed various map exploit areas.
- Addressed an issue that prevented the Ammo Mod from appearing on the player’s weapon immediately after using the Pack-a-Punch.
Dead Ops Arcade 3
- Addressed an issue where the player could load into Dead Ops Arcade with the wrong Operator Skin.
- Addressed an issue where the player could be downed by walking underneath a spike trap.
- Addressed different effect issues occurring when transitioning from solo play.
- Addressed various particle effect issues.
- Addressed an issue where a player could lose their Bronze chalice after a private match.
- Verdansk Quads – 152 Players
- Trios – 150 Players
- Duos – 150 Players
- Solos – 150 Players
- Plunder Quads – 100 Players
- Rebirth Island
- Resurgence Trios – 45 Players
- Mini Royale Duos – 40 Players
Weapons (went live January 6):
- DMR 14
- Reduced headshot damage.
- Increased recoil.
- Type 63
- Reduced headshot damage.
- Increased recoil.
- Decreased headshot damage multiplier.
- Handgun Charlie (Akimbo Only)
- Decreased damage range.
- Increased hip-fire spread.
This playlist update for Warzone follows this week’s update to weapons in Warzone, including the DMR, dual pistols, and MAC 10 SMG. Patch notes for the weapon changes are here, but some players believe the changes were not enough. Raven has not yet commented on any additional changes.
In addition, the studios have added in two new store bundles, which are both available now in the Black Ops Cold War & Warzone stores. The new bundles feature the Streetsweeper Shotgun, and some functional kill tracker watches.
Bundle 1: Shock Value
Bundle 2: Mint Condition Mastercraft Bundle
Drop in to Black Ops Cold War & Warzone now!
Best UGR loadout for Black Ops Cold War
The UGR is a brand-new SMG in Black Ops Cold War, so here’s our best compelte with Attachments, Perks, and Equipment.
The UGR is a brand-new SMG in Black Ops Cold War, and players can’t wait to try it out in multiplayer matches. Here’s our breakdown of the best UGR loadout to run in BOCW.
Even though CoD Vanguard is now in its third season, and Modern Warfare 2 is arriving this year, support for Black Ops Cold War is still going strong. After a huge Zombies patch on April 25, Treyarch have now added a remastered version of the Jungle map, as well as a new weapon.
The UGR SMG is an interesting close-range option, as it’s an “underwater rifle modified for improved land performance.” It doesn’t have the bullet velocity to take enemies out at distance, but it’s formidable in close-quarters combat.
If you’re looking to run it in multiplayer, you’ll need to know how to make the most of it. Check out our best UGR loadout for Black Ops Cold War.
- Best Cold War UGR loadout attachments
- Best Cold War UGR Perks & Equipment
- How to unlock UGR in Black Ops Cold War
- Best alternatives to Cold War’s UGR
Best Cold War UGR loadout attachments
- Barrel: 12.8″ VDV Reinforced
- Underbarrel: Spetsnaz Grip
- Magazine: Explosive Flechettes
- Handle: GRU Elastic Wrap
- Stock: KGB Skeletal Stock
We kick things off with the 12.8″ VDV Reinforced Barrel to seriously boost the UGR’s bullet velocity and damage range. The UGR is severely lacking in both departments, but this attachment makes it far more competitive in longer-range battles.
Next up, we went for the Spetsnaz Grip to keep the recoil in check and make it far easier to control. Then we chose KGB Skeletal Stock and GRU Elastic Wrap for a decrease in sprint-to-fire time and ADS speed, allowing you to get shots earlier while rushing around the map.
Many were surprised to see that the UGR comes with explosive rounds, so we couldn’t resist equipping Explosive Flechettes to our loadout. Aside from the obvious boost in overall damage, they also increase ammo capacity which is vital in a fast-firing weapon.
Best Cold War UGR Perk & Equipment
- Perk 1: Flak Jacket & Tactical Mask
- Perk 2: Scavenger & Assassin
- Perk 3: Ghost & Ninja
- Lethal Equipment: Semtex
- Tactical Equipment: Stimshot
We think the UGR is still effective with only five attachments, so we’re equipping Greed Wildcard to use extra Perks in each slot in BOCW multiplayer matches,
Flak Jacket and Tactical Mask are incredibly important in the first slot, as they’ll keep you protected from incoming explosives and Gas Mines, which can be frustrating when running and gunning.
Next, we picked Scavenger to make sure you never run out of ammo, as well as Assassin to keep the Scorestreaks rolling in. In the final slot, we recommend Ghost to stay invisible on enemy radars, as well as Ninja to help with flanking, which you’ll want to do a lot of with the UGR.
In terms of equipment, Semtex is an easy-to-use lethal, while Stimshot will give you a handy health boost when things get tough out there.
How to unlock UGR in Black Ops Cold War
To unlock the UGR SMG, players must kill an enemy revealed by their Spy Plane, UAV, or Field Mic with an SMG in 15 different completed matches. If you’re not a big multiplayer fan, it can be earned in Zombies by eliminating 1000 enemies while using an Epic rarity or better SMG.
You can also bypass the challenges altogether if you don’t mind spending 2,400 CoD Points on the new Lazar bundle.
Best alternatives to Cold War’s UGR
Black Ops Cold War has some powerful SMGs if the UGR isn’t working for you. The TEC-9 and LC10, in particular, remain incredibly strong in multiplayer matches and rank as two of the best weapons in the entire game.
For more, be sure to check out the best UGR loadout to use on Caldera in Warzone Pacific Season 3.
Image Credit: Activision
How to unlock UGR SMG in Cold War & Warzone
Here’s everything you need to know about the new UGR SMG including how to unlock the weapon in Cold War and Warzone.
Treyarch continue to release new weapons for Cold War and the latest is the UGR SMG based on the APS underwater rifle that will be making its way to both Cold War and Warzone. Here’s how to unlock the UGR in Cold War and Warzone.
Although Vanguard is now in Season 3 and 2022’s Modern Warfare 2 has been announced, Treyarch are still releasing content for 2020’s Black Ops Cold War. Alongside a ton of Zombies changes that arrived with the April 25 update, Treyarch confirmed the classic Jungle map and a brand-new weapon would arrive in the “coming weeks.”
On May 6, the new UGR SMG made its way to the game alongside a remastered version of the Jungle map. Here’s how to unlock the UGR in Cold War and Warzone.
UGR SMG in Cold War & Warzone
Those who played Call of Duty: Ghosts may recognize Cold War’s new UGR SMG as it’s based on the APS underwater rifle that appeared in the campaign. The in-game description says it’s a “full-auto submachine gun” and an “underwater rifle modified for improved land performance.”
The weapon is projectile-based with quite a low bullet velocity, so you won’t be beaming enemies at range with ease. Players were also surprised to see that it comes with explosive bullets.
How to unlock UGR in Cold War & Warzone
Players can unlock the UGR by killing an enemy revealed by your Spy Plane, UAV, or Field Mic with an SMG in 15 different completed matches. You can also unlock the UGR in Zombies if you eliminate 1000 enemies while using an Epic rarity or better SMG.
The new UGR SMG has the same unlock challenge for both Cold War and Warzone, so it’ll be up to you to decide which game you’d like to complete it in. In addition, you can also receive the UGR straight away by purchasing the new Lazar bundle for 2,400 CoD Points.
Image Credit: Activision
Treyarch confirm Jungle map remaster & new weapon arriving in Black Ops Cold War
Black Ops Cold War devs Treyarch have confirmed a new long-range weapon and Jungle map remaster coming soon.
Treyarch have confirmed brand-new content is on the way for Black Ops Cold War, including a new weapon and remastered version of the classic Jungle map.
Now, Treyarch have announced more new additions that they have planned for Black Ops Cold War in May and beyond, including a long-range weapon and a remastered version of a classic Call of Duty map.
Cold War Jungle map remaster release date
Treyarch confirmed that the remastered Jungle map will make its way to Black Ops Cold War on Friday, May 6. The new map hit the game at 10:00 AM PT / 1:00 PM ET / 6:00 PM UK.
Treyarch originally confirmed their plans for brand-new Call of Duty content in a blog post on April 14, including the addition of the classic map Jungle. When the map hits the game on May 6, players will be able to jump into a Jungle 24/7 playlist.
When this map first made its debut, it consisted of a ruined village and military base near a river in the middle of a Vietnamese jungle. Players could take advantage of its many slopes and ladders to move quickly between levels.
Jungle won over players with its impressive layout and was added to other CoD titles like Black Ops III and Black Ops 4. Now, a remastered version will be added to Cold War’s standard 6v6 playlists in a new update.
New Cold War weapon
Adding new weapons often shakes up the meta of CoD titles, so we can expect major changes after this new content drop arrives.
For more Black Ops Cold War, be sure to check out Treyarch confirming that Cold War won’t receive more Zombies maps as well as the leaked Scythe weapon and its unlock requirements.
Image Credit: Activision / Treyarch
How to play GTA Zombie Apocalypse mod
The GTA V community is still going strong, and you may be wondering how to play the GTA Zombie Apocalypse...
JGOD explains why Warzone’s Operation Monarch event “flopped”
Call of Duty expert JGOD has revealed why Warzone Pacific Season 3's King Kong vs Godzilla event has been a...
How to get Apex Phase Rifle Owen Gun Blueprint in Warzone & Vanguard
Here's how to unlock the Apex Phase Rifle Owen Gun Blueprint in Warzone and Vanguard - the most expensive Blueprint...