Activision and Treyarch have officially revealed the Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Zombies mode.
Black Ops Cold War has a ‘new Zombies experience’ that is building a new ‘chapter’ of the universe. The team has released a 8 minute trailer highlighting what’s new in the new Zombies experience.
First Look Trailer
The next generation of Zombies is here. New story, New characters, New ways to play. Get your first look at #BlackOpsColdWar Zombies.
Black Ops Cold War Zombies is a brand new story that is set within the Zombies world. It’s called DIE MASCHINE.
“At the end of Black Ops 4, our heroes sacrificed themselves to collapse the multiverse. They hoped their actions would create a new world… one free from the forces of darkness that had plagued their existence. They were half right.”
With more than a nod to “Nacht der Untoten” – the map that started it all – “Die Maschine” takes place in the early ‘80s, but its roots reach back even further into the past.
As part of Requiem, a CIA-backed international response team led by Grigori Weaver from the original Black Ops story, operatives explore a World War II bunker that hasn’t only been ravaged by time.
While fighting to suppress the unnatural phenomena at this graffiti-skinned, boarded-up bunker, Requiem team members investigate what lies beneath this structure that’s been left to crumble after decades of disservice. Should they succeed, Requiem may uncover a cache of decades-old secrets that upend the global order.
At the same time, a Soviet-led division and rival to Requiem, the Omega Group, enters the fray. The Omega Group also has a keen interest in studying and harnessing the unexplained events and anomalies manifesting around the globe.
Between Requiem and Omega Group, there are plenty of characters who may aid or hinder your journey, while others have separate, unknown agendas that will be up to players to discover. Among this cast, there is one particular contact – Sam – who seems eager to share intel discovered from deep within the KGB.
New Ways to Play
Treyarch has outlined new ways that fans can play and experience Black Ops Cold War Zombies, including return of fan favorite perks, Pack-A-Punch, and more.
Here’s a look at some of what’s new.
- Weapon Rarity: In addition to the return of the Pack-a-Punch machine to transform your weapon, all weapons will now have a rarity associated with them. The higher the rarity, the greater the damage output and attachments for the weapon. For the first time, this will allow any weapon in the game to be sustainable in later rounds. This also adds more variety and fun to finding new weapons through Wall Buys and the Mystery Box.
- Field Upgrades: Outside of weaponry, players can deploy Field Upgrades as proactive abilities that add another layer to squad-based tactics. Charge them up by killing zombies, then deploy them in times of desperate need. From offensive buffs to abilities that aid in evasion or healing and reviving, these Field Upgrades are made to fit numerous playstyles and situations.
- Equipment: Around the map, you can craft and find lethal, tactical, and support equipment. Lethal and tactical equipment are similar to the equipment found in Multiplayer, like Frag Grenades, while support equipment is home to high-powered offensive weaponry. This slot could be where you deploy Grenade Launchers, Sentry Turrets, Explosive Bows and even Chopper Gunners – all tools that can deliver a massive power spike when your squad needs it most.
- Perks: Classic Zombies Perks are back with a reimagined Cold War aesthetic, including the return of timeless favorites like Juggernog and Speed Cola. There’s no longer a limit to how many different Perks you can consume, so go ahead and crack open a six-pack, if you have the points to do so.
- Exfil: Instead of perishing to the horde, Black Ops Cold War Zombies provides a new option to escape with your life when you’re feeling overrun… if you dare. If the whole squad is in trouble, you can opt to exfiltrate the undead combat zone via helicopter. Although zombie spawns will be dialed up to 11, you should expect to earn some rewards if your squad completes this final push to survive.
Black Ops Cold War Zombies represents the first Zombies experience since Black Ops 4, with Infinity Ward opting to not have Zombies in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Zombies fans have been waiting to see what Treyarch has been working on since the game’s announcement.
Black Ops Cold War will launch on November 13 with an all new campaign developed by Raven Software, along with Multiplayer, Zombies, and Warzone connected.
More information on all the modes to come as we get closer to launch date.
Cold War October 26 update patch notes: Battle Axe hit registry fix, playlist update, more
Treyarch Studios has rolled out the Black Ops Cold War October 26 update patch notes, and we have all of the details covered for you.
The Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War October 26 update patch notes have been officially revealed by Treyarch Studios, and they include some major changes and fixes for the first-person shooter.
However, Treyarch Studios is still working on making Black Ops Cold War as good as it can be which is why the focus of the Cold War October 26 update patch notes was on fixing some major issues players have been facing recently.
You can find the Black Ops Cold War October 26 update patch notes and everything they are changing below:
Black Ops Cold War October 26 update patch notes
THE HAUNTING CONTINUES
There’s only one week left in The Haunting limited-time event! Nuketown Halloween, Scream Deathmatch, Infected, and Hallows’ Eve Outbreak continue this week in Featured Playlists, along with some spooky new bundles appearing throughout the week. In today’s update, we’ve added a 10-second time extension for every Survivor killed in Infected, new stability and bug fixes in Zombies, improved hit registration for the Battle Axe in MP and Zombies, and more.
Starting this Friday, get ready for another Triple-Double Weekend featuring Double XP, Double Weapon XP, and Double Battle Pass XP until 10AM PT Monday, Nov. 1st! If you haven’t completed every challenge in The Haunting to unlock the LAPA SMG, your time is running out. Tick, tock…
Here’s what’s new today:
- Battle Axe
- Addressed an issue that could prevent hits from the Battle Axe from registering properly on nearby enemies in Multiplayer and Zombies.
- Killing a Survivor now adds 10 seconds to the match timer.
- Nuketown Halloween
- Scream Deathmatch
- Gunfight Blueprints [NEW]
- Face Off 6v6
- 12v12 Moshpit
- Party Games (includes Nuketown Halloween Prop Hunt)
- Added stability fixes for issues related to weapon rarity, score from vehicles, upgrade machines, Pumpkin Heads, and Armor spawns.
- Addressed an issue that prevented the “Trick-or-Treat” event Challenge from unlocking in Zombies during The Haunting.
Dead Ops Arcade 3
- Addressed an issue that allowed multiple players to receive multiple rewards from one stone or chest.
- Addressed an issue that allowed multiple players to use an arcade machine at the same time.
- Hallows’ Eve Outbreak
- Outbreak (Endless and 3 Region)
- Mauer der Toten
- Firebase Z
- Die Maschine
- Dead Ops Arcade 3 (Standard and First-Person)
- Onslaught (PlayStation®)
- Onslaught Elite (PlayStation)
- Onslaught Containment (PlayStation)
Source: Treyarch Studios
Image Credits: Activision / Treyarch Studios
Cold War & Warzone players claim Windows 11 & Overwolf cause permanent PC bans
Call of Duty players are reportedly getting permanently banned from Warzone and Cold War for using Windows 11 and Overwolf together.
Call of Duty PC players have reported that using a combination of Windows 11 and Overwolf software is getting them permanently banned from Warzone and Cold War, with no sign of the ban being lifted.
Call of Duty devs have been waging an ongoing war with hackers and cheaters, with one dev saying that they are “ruining some of the best work” of his life. Over 800,000 accounts have now been banned, but perhaps not all bans are fair.
Cold War and Warzone PC players are claiming that upgrading to Windows 11 and using it alongside Overwolf is causing them to be permanently banned.
Overwolf is a platform used to create and install in-game apps, such as ‘Outplayed’ which allows players to record their footage. However, this Overwolf app is reportedly causing permabans when used alongside Windows 11.
Reddit user WraithGG claimed they were permanently banned from Warzone “a few weeks ago” after attempting to open Cold War on an Insider Build of Windows 11, with Outplayed from Overwolf open. They said that this is a “well known and apparently rather common issue,” and both Activision and Overwolf are “refusing” to lift the ban or help.
“I have finally received a response from Activision telling me that despite being innocent, they cannot unban my account,” said WraithGG. “They have acknowledged the error in the ban, but are refusing to lift the ban as all bans are final.”
They claim to have also gone to Overwolf regarding the ban, but “Overwolf are also refusing to help, stating that they are not responsible.”
It appears that WraithGG isn’t alone, with Reddit user rks0707 saying that “I switched to 11 and bam! Got permabanned.” They also said that “Activision offer no solution for it.”
If this problem becomes more widespread, Activision may change their stance and unban players flagged for using Windows 11. This could be a similar story to Cold War Zombies players who were unfairly banned by the Sail 630 Nuclear Bug, and later had their accounts restored.
Image Credit: Activision
Black Ops Cold War players are not happy with new LAPA SMG
The LAPA is a new SMG for Black Ops Cold War in Season 6, but fans have complained that it may not be as useful in-game as they hoped.
Black Ops Cold War Season 6 is the last hurrah for the latest CoD entry before Vanguard takes center stage. Unfortunately, the new LAPA SMG has players talking for the wrong reasons since its addition in the last major update.
Unfortunately, not all of the new additions have gone down well among the community, with the new LAPA SMG in particular user under fire from fans.
“…the only thing this thing has is relatively good handling, which is hardly even significant considering all SMGs carry that trait anyways,” said the user.
“It’s the slowest killing SMG, and depends on headshots to simply equal the body shot TTK of other SMGs, and has a very slow muzzle velocity to the point where it becomes almost unusable.”
PartyImpOP also slammed the rest of the Season 6 content, such as “the worst weapon in the Call of Duty history” in the Battle Axe.
Other players were quick to respond to the post, calling the new additions in Season 6 “filler” content at the end of the game’s life in the spotlight.
“Honestly, they were probably just afraid to release more broken weapons right before they abandon ship on this game,” added another Reddit user.
While The Haunting event has been a hit for the most part for Call of Duty fans, it’s clear that some of the new content is living up to expectations.
With so little time before Vanguard drops, it remains to be seen if Raven will take steps to make the LAPA more useful.
Image credits: Activision
Apex Legends Shadow Royale: Start date, how to play, rewards & challenges
The Apex Legends LTM Shadow Royale is available for players during the Monsters Within Event. Here are all the details...
FaZe Swagg shows off his “aimbot” Warzone settings
FaZe Swagg's most recent video has finally revealed his Warzone settings, allowing fans to see exactly how he plays the...
Best Krig 6 loadout for CoD: Warzone Season 6
The Krig 6 can be a powerhouse in Warzone with the correct loadout, so we've put together the best Perks...