Activision has just posted an official FAQ on Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified. This game is exclusive to the PS Vita and will be launching November 13th – alongside Black Ops 2.
Here’s the FAQ:
What will the multiplayer and single player experiences be like on the Vita?
- Call of Duty® Black Ops: Declassified complements the strengths of the Vita with both the multiplayer and singleplayer experience. The title offers an action-packed multiplayer mode that includes classic Call of Duty-style features like Create-a-Class, Challenges, Care Packages, Killstreaks, Perks, Prestiging, XP and more, all adapted for the Vita. Accommodating competitive 4-vs-4 multiplayer functionality via Wi-Fi, gamers can play in fan favorite Call of Duty modes across a variety of maps on the go. The single player mode delivers intense, objective-and survival-based missions that offer a new story, which takes place between Treyarch’s original Call of Duty®: Black Ops and this year’s upcoming Call of Duty®: Black Ops II.
Will this be a console-style Call of Duty® experience adapted for the Vita?
- Yes. The development team has been focused on creating for the Vita the familiar mechanics and controls fans know and love from Call of Duty on console.
Will we see any gameplay features exclusive to Vita’s unique functionality?
- Vita’s unique features allow the team to bring an all-new level of engagement, while maintaining the familiar and classic Call of Duty experience players expect.
- Vita gamers can utilize Touchscreen capabilities with weapons like grenades. Drag the grenade to direct the toss, or simply cook a grenade until the last second before throwing. Players can also leverage Touchscreen for melee to deliver the ultimate knock-out. The title offers support of Near® technology for items like multiplayer load-outs, allowing players to send friends a boost wherever they are.
Will Declassified take place in the future?
- No. Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified is set between Treyarch’s original Call of Duty®: Black Ops and this year’s upcoming release Call of Duty®: Black Ops II. The Vita title delivers a new story inside the Call of Duty: Black Ops universe featuring some familiar faces.
Who is the developer on Call of Duty® Black Ops: Declassified?
- Nihilistic Software.
When is the game launching?
- November 13, 2012
Is the title exclusive to Vita?
- Yes, Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified is only for PlayStation® Vita.
Apex Legends War Games trailer hints at huge Lifeline change
The new Apex Legends War Games event trailer may have hinted at a future Lifeline change that may potentially cause controversy.
Ever since the drone revive update for Lifeline in Season 5, players have been calling for her to be nerfed. It seems the new War Games trailer has hinted at a possible change to her kit.
On April 8th, Respawn Entertainment released the trailer for their highly anticipated mini-event, War Games. Not only does this update mean new skins and LTMs, but also a new patch with, of course, meta changes.
Apex Legends developers have admitted to the struggle of balancing Lifeline before, and have even stated that they would like to try a version of Lifeline “without the shield”.
Lifeline was originally one of the characters with the highest win rate in the game due to her passive ability to heal herself quicker than any other Legend.
However, since this passive was removed and replaced by her drone revive, she has become even stronger in the role of support; not just keeping herself alive but also effortlessly reviving her teammates.
In the trailer for War Games, it seems Lifeline’s drone revive remains. However, this time she doesn’t have the protective shield that many have been calling for to be removed.
It seems they will be finally trying out this new change to Lifeline, which could also potentially lead to further changes surrounding the Low Profile passive.
In another recent discussion with the developers, players also found out that Season 8 Legend, Fuse, had the worst win rate of all characters. Perhaps, this Lifeline change will be a part of some larger patch notes which could see less meta characters such as Rampart and Fuse getting changes to their abilities.
Apex Legends is a battle royale that seems to be constantly evolving, with talk of adding more game modes in the future. Although there was some backlash towards the War Games event, with players worried it will ruin the battle royale experience, these new modes draw players to the game and keep the player base fresh.
If you’re interested in more Apex Legends news, check out this guide for activating a future Season 9 teaser. For more updates on Apex Legends new War Games event and the patch notes that will come with it, stay tuned on Charlie Intel.
Image Credits: Respawn Entertainment
Apex Legends: how to activate the Season 9 Arena teaser
Apex Legends data miners have found out how players can activate a new Season 9 teaser. Here’s how to see it for yourself when it releases.
The most recent leaks from Apex Legends data miners reveal the mystery behind the platform in the Firing Range and how to activate the Season 9 teaser.
After the halfway split for Season 8, players noticed a stranged platform implemented on the left side of the Firing Range map.
For weeks players were unaware of its purpose, but finally, the mystery has been uncovered and is associated with the new upcoming Arena mode.
Data miner @GarretLeaks was among the few who leaked how players can activate the button found on the Firing Range platform. GarretLeaks has even created a step by step guide of how players can experience the Season 9 Arena teaser, which will be available late April:
- Step 1: Collect keycard from care packages (available on April 16th)
- Step 2: Find Holosprays scattered around Kings Canyon
- Step 3: Find Holosprays scattered around Olympus
- Step 4: Press the phone in the lobby and listen to the audio
- Step 5: Press the button on the Firing Range platform and wait for the ship (available on April 20th)
Along with this, fellow data miner @Biast12 has also released a video showing what happens after activating the button in the Firing Range.
The video shows Biast boarding a ship after activating the button. Biast arrives at a new location where another button awaits, which activates an elevator. This then takes you into a small arena where a massive hollo of future Legend Ash is shown along with a voice line that states, “The Arena awaits.”
This is clearly a teaser for the upcoming 3v3 mode ‘Arena,’ which will be arriving in Season 9. However, this is also a teaser for the future legend, Ash. Although Ash will likely be arriving at a later Season – more like Season 10 – it does confirm that she will be arriving sooner than later.
In fact, it’s not the first time an announcer for a game mode has eventually become a playable Legend. Back in Season 3, the Shadow Fall game mode saw Revenant as the announcer, who later became a playable Legend in Season 4.
Read more: All Unreleased Apex Legends Characters
If this stays true to the format, Ash could be the new Legend for Season 10, after being an announcer for the previous season much like the introduction of Revenant. Players will be able to activate this teaser towards the end of Season 8.
Image Credits: Respawn Entertainment
Apex Legends players discover secret Wattson nerf
Wattson’s ultimate ability has a hidden nerf in Apex Legends Season 8, that keeps her from countering Horizon’s attacks.
A hidden nerf has been discovered within Wattson’s ultimate ability in Apex Legends, that keeps it from countering Horizon.
Horizon has made rounds in Apex Legends ever since her arrival in Season 7. She’s one of the strongest characters in the game and has such a high win-rate that the devs nerfed her in Chaos Theory update, with more planned in the future.
However, some pros and streamers feel that she’s too powerful, as it’s extremely difficult to defeat her in combat. Now, a new secret nerf has been found that keeps Wattson from countering Horizon’s moves.
Wattson’s an extremely useful character in the Apex Legends roster, as her Interception Pylon ultimate ability can counter almost anything that enemies throw at her.
This is particularly useful against Horizon’s Black Hole Ultimate, as well as her Gravity Lift. However, a few players have noted that Wattson’s abilities aren’t functioning properly recently, making her weak against the eccentric astrophysicist.
Reddit user mrsirgo posted a clip showcasing this issue in the Apex Legends subreddit. Many other players vented about their own experience with this problem in the comments.
“Definitely died a couple times to this last night,” said one player. “My spouse mains Wattson and I was shocked when a Horizon ult landed right next to the Pylon and a squad was able to push us. Hopefully, the Devs will look into it.”
At the time of writing, the issue isn’t listed on Respawn’s public Trello board, so they might not be aware of the issue yet. Hopefully, they’ll take notice of this, and present a fix for it soon.
We’ll keep checking for any updates on this situation, and will let you know once we learn anything new.
Image Credits: Respawn/EA
Modern Warfare’s Renetti set to join CoD: Mobile Season 3
Modern Warfare's Renetti pistol looks set to join CoD: Mobile as part of Season 3's weapon additions.
Best ZRG 20mm loadout for Cold War Season 2
We've got the best attachments and perks to dominate with CoD: Black Ops Cold War's new ZRG 20mm Sniper Rifle.
Crazy Warzone glitch stops players throwing C4 through broken windows
A bizarre Call of Duty: Warzone bug is making it impossible to throw C4s and explosives out of broken windows.