In a new post shared on Reddit, similar to yesterday, Treyarch has outlined what they are aware of and what they are looking into based on feedback from Day 2 of the Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Private Beta.
Today’s update not only brought in S&D, there was also weapon changes, equipment updates, and general bug fixes.
- Weapons Tuning:
- Auger DMR – The Auger is performing pretty well, but it could use a little help filling out its mid-long-range precision role, so we improved its ADS sway stability for tighter long-range engagements.
- ABR 223 – The ABR provided too large of a power-spike across the board, so we’re toning it down a tad by making the following modifications:
- Slightly reduced damage so that it requires 3 headshots to kill instead of 2.
- Slightly reduced hipfire accuracy so that it is not overly effective in close quarters.
- Reduced ammo count to encourage more tactical use and placement of shots.
- Increased ammo gains from Extended Mags to compensate for overall reduced ammo count.
- Titan – The Titan needs some love to reach its potential as a high-capacity suppressive weapon. We improved ADS recoil so that long-range gunfire is more effective staying on target. Additionally, we improved hipfire accuracy for a slightly better chance to defend in close quarters.
- MOG 12 – Players are still unlocking attachments and adapting to the new playstyle of shotguns in Black Ops 4. That said, we’re seeing low performance and can give the MOG a boost to make it more competitive. Today, we improved damage for enhanced “clean up” ability to finish off players.
- GKS – The GKS is intended to be a longer range, accurate submachine gun. We’ve improved the recoil to let it blossom more into that role. We’re keeping a close eye on this one and may adjust it again in the near future. Today, we improved ADS recoil for more precision on medium-range targets.
- Cordite / Spitfire / SAUG 9mm – We identified trends that were showing SMGs overall being too effective at longer ranges. Today, we reduced damage dealt on targets at the weapon’s farthest distance range.
- MX-9 – Out of the gate, we wanted to make sure players had a solid SMG to play with. It may have been a bit too solid, so we’ve adjusted accordingly. We reduced close-range damage so that it doesn’t have such dominant TTK over other weapons. We also reduced far-range damage to bring it in line with other SMGs.
- Equipment Tuning
- Barricade – We decreased the angle of the microwave area of effect for a tighter cone of damage to focus in its role of directional area denial.
- Ballistic Shield – Increased the shield movement speed to provide players more defensive capability when using this equipment.
- 9-Bang – Increased the stun radius to affect a larger overall area of detonation.
- Combat Axe – Reduced the cooldown time so that players can earn this faster.
- Bug Fixes
- General Stability – Made many under-the-hood fixes to reduce disconnect errors, resolve a number of issues causing hitching during gameplay, and fix some UI errors that would occur in the front end menus.
- Maps – Made several performance optimizations to improve framerate in Gridlock. This was an initial pass for the live update, but more significant optimizations are happening across all maps for our big week 2 update.
Treyarch also provided some explanations for Search & Destroy. We mentioned earlier that there was a glitch causing Seraph’s tac beacon to be deployed, but Treyarch says that was not a bug or a glitch:
While it’s true that S&D has traditionally been a single elimination game mode, we shouldn’t be afraid to challenge conventions – what would be the fun in always playing it safe? For Black Ops 4, there a couple of things about game modes that are important to us: first, that all Specialists are viable and fun to use in all game modes; and second, that the gameplay content and systems that we’ve designed provide opportunities to introduce some new twists on old favorites.
With that in mind, we’ve allowed Seraph (and only Seraph) to respawn on her Tac-Deploy ONCE per game. That gives players who choose Seraph an important strategic decision to make with a risk/reward associated with it. Because any change will inevitably be controversial, we did not take this lightly. A lot of thought and play time went into it with the team at Treyarch, many of whom are S&D traditionalists. The specific tuning is designed such that Seraph won’t earn the Tac-Deploy until roughly the 4th or 5th round (although a bug slipped through the cracks that did not set cooldowns on any equipment at round start, to be fixed shortly). Once used, it cannot be used again that game. The announcer notifies both teams when a Tac-Deploy has been placed so that everyone knows when it’s in play, and enemy players with the Engineer perk equipped can easily hunt it down and destroy it. So, while this sounds like a big change to a staple mode, in reality, it’s no more powerful than any other piece of equipment and gives a new piece of strategy to add to the mode’s depth.
We also are aware that there is a bug with switching Specialists in S&D that kills the player, preventing them from playing in that round. We’re implementing a fix as we speak, and it should be in for next week’s big game update.
Finally, Treyarch has provided an update on the long load times and lobby waiting screens, stating that they are working to fine tune that for launch:
One last thing: the lobby timer (time between matches) is long. We know. This is something that we’re still working to dial in, but we’ve added map pre-loading to lobbies, which means that the time you normally spend watching a static load screen is now front-loaded to lobbies where players can do stuff like edit classes, change Scorestreaks, and check out stats in the After Action Report. It’s still a work in progress, but it’s something we’re working to improve for launch.
Black Ops Cold War-themed Western Digital Black Drives available for a limited time
Western Digital has announced a limited time special edition of WD_BLACK drives themed after Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War.
Hard Drive/SSD manufacturer Western Digital has partnered with Activision to bring specially themed Black Ops Cold War Drives for a limited time.
The Western Digital Black Ops Cold War drives are available now and include specially branded WD_BLACK drives, some of the fastest available in the Western Digital inventory, all catered to gaming.
Included with each purchase will be Call of Duty Points, which fluctuates in quantity depending on which drive you purchase.
The designs of the drives are also quite nice for both the external and internal drives.
For the external drive, a hard drive and NVMe SSD is available, making sure next-gen console gamers and even PC gamers can get an easy to use and portable high-speed SSD.
Black Ops Cold War Themed Drives Prices & Availability
Currently, the specially themed drives are only available on Western Digital’s shop, and not at retailers such as Best Buy. Here’s the rundown of the selection.
- WD_BLACK P10 Game Drive (External Hard Drive) 2TB – $99.99
- Includes 1,100 CoD Points
- USB 3.2, 140MB/s read speeds
- WD_BLACK SN850 NVMe (Internal SSD) 1TB – $239.99
- Includes 2,400 CoD Points
- PCIe Gen4, ~7000MB/s read speeds
- WD_BLACK P50 NVMe SSD Game Drive (External SSD) 1TB – $249.99
- Includes 2,400 CoD Points
- SSD “Superspeed” USB 20Gb/s interface, 2000MB/s read speeds
As of writing, the WD_BLACK SN850 NVMe is currently out of stock. It’s unknown when there will be a restock, or if there is a plan to roll out these drives to retailers.
Image Credits: Activision/Western Digital
Ranking the top 5 best Call of Duty Zombies maps
Do you love zombies as much as we do? Here’s our picks for the top 5 Call of Duty Zombies maps ever created by developer Treyarch.
Here’s our picks for the 5 best Call of Duty: Zombies maps ever created.
Call of Duty Zombies has been around for almost 13 years now, starting with Call of Duty: World at War’s release in 2008. What started as a small bonus mode after completing the campaign turned into a phenomenon for Call of Duty, attracting new fans and creating a brand new core game mode for Treyarch titles.
This list will be our list of the top 5 Treyarch Zombies map, in no particular order. It is worth noting that both Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games have tried their own Zombies modes, with Sledgehammer attempting Exo Zombies in Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, then opting for traditional Zombies in Call of Duty: World War 2. Infinity Ward also tried in Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, and created a surprisingly fun/goofy experience.
If you’re a fan of those games, don’t expect to see any of the maps on this list, as we’re going to reminisce on some of the greatest Treyarch Zombies maps.
#5 – Origins (Black Ops 2)
Origins set a new standard for large-scale Zombies maps after its release as the final Black Ops 2 DLC map. With boss Zombies, upgradable elemental staffs, and a huge easter egg, the future was looking bright for the Call of Duty Zombies experience. Origins introduced the “Wunderfizz” machine, which awards players with a random perk in the game.
Players were also treated to many map secrets, which included being able to enter the giant robots that roamed the map, and also secret gramophones that unlocked access to a different realm.
Origins also saw a remaster in Black Ops 3 with the “Zombies Chronicles DLC”
#4 – Der Eisendrache (Black Ops 3)
Following the trend for large scale maps, Treyarch set out to make one of the most beautiful and fun Zombies maps with Der Esiendrache. Set in a large castle in Austria, this map had a few callbacks to Origins, with elemental bows instead of staffs and even mechanical Zombies, or “Panzersoldats”.
The easter egg for this map also had an epic boss fight against an Apothican Keeper, which rewarded players with a cutscene once completed.
#3 – Kino Der Toten (Black Ops)
One of two maps included with the launch of Call of Duty: Black Ops was Kino Der Toten, a simple Zombies map that took place in an abandoned German theater. This map marked the beginning of the next stage of the Zombies storyline and added the iconic “Thunder Gun” into the mystery box.
#2 – Der Riese (World at War)
Der Riese was the final map for World at War and introduced many huge changes to the Zombies formula, like the introduction of the iconic pack-a-punch machine. Additionally, teleporters were added for the first time, and the first real functional easter egg appeared on this map.
The Zombies storyline also truly took off from here, with the addition of secret audio logs hidden on radios around the map.
#1 – Ascension (Black Ops)
Prepare for takeoff! Ascension was the first DLC map added to Black Ops and set a high bar for the rest of the DLC additions. Players started the game entirely in black and white, only to see color when the power was switched on.
The map had several new amazing pieces of equipment, like the Gersh Device and Russian Dolls. Additionally, the new lunar landers added an extra layer of verticality across the map. Ascension had the first full-length story-driven easter egg in the franchise, which rewarded players with a 90-second death machine.
That’s it for our list of the best Call of Duty Zombies maps! Be sure to tweet us @CharlieIntel with your picks.
How to get a free CDL sticker in Warzone & Black Ops Cold War
Here’s how you can get a free Call of Duty League themed sticker in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Warzone.
Activision is offering players an exclusive Call of Duty League Sticker for Black Ops Cold War and Warzone.
The Call of Duty League 2021 kickoff starts this month, which means Activision is looking to expand marketing for the league.
The first marketing effort consists of a limited-edition “Squad Wipe” weapon sticker for players that will be useable in both Call of Duty: Warzone and Black Ops Cold War.
Note: The sticker will not be available in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare’s Multiplayer.
Here’s how you can get the sticker for yourself.
- 1: Have an Activision account in good standing (no bans).
- 2: Sign up for Call of Duty League email updates before February 4, 2021.
- 3: Enter name, email, birthday, country, and favorite teams on the sign-up website to be eligible.
- 4: Redeem the code emailed to you by January 21, 2022.
Expect the email to come shortly after the February 4, 2021, sign-up deadline. You can register for emails by using this link.
Image Credits: Activision
Warzone glitch results in easy wins for Rebirth Island
A glitch exists in the Warzone Rebirth Island map, which is awarding players with free wins by simply not playing.
Best FFAR loadout for CoD: Warzone Season 2
BOCW's FFAR is an Assault Rifle with an incredible fire rate, so here's the best attachments to maximize its potential...
How to get exclusive Batman skins in Fortnite with DC Comics
Exclusive Batman universe themed skins may appear soon in Fortnite according to popular dataminer ShiinaBR.