The Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Private Multiplayer Beta is fast approaching, and you can watch the Private MP Beta trailer here.
We’ve seen many question on social media about the beta, and this post summarizes up everything we know so far about the beta. We will update it get we get more information.
When is the Private MP Beta?
The Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Private MP Beta will begin on August 3 on PlayStation 4, with Xbox One and PC betas to follow.
Here’s the beta schedule:
PlayStation 4 Private MP Beta Dates:
- Weekend 1:
- Starts: August 3 at 10am PT
- Ends: August 6 at 10am PT
- Weekend 2:
- Starts: August 10 at 10am PT
- Ends: August 13 at 10am PT
Xbox One Private MP Beta Dates:
- Available for one weekend:
- Starts: August 10 at 10AM PT
- Ends: August 13 at 10AM PT
PC Beta Dates:
- PC Beta Early Access:
- Starts: August 10 at 10am PT
- PC Open Beta:
- Starts: August 11 at 10am PT
- Ends: August 13 at 10am PT
How do I get access to the Private MP Beta?
You can get access to the Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Private Multiplayer Beta by pre-ordering the game at retailers or digitally.
- RETAILER PRE-ORDER: If you pre-ordered Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 at a retailer, you should have received a code from your retailer — either on your receipt or via an email — to redeem on callofduty.com/beta. Once you have redeemed the code on the Call of Duty website, you’re all set. Activision will send out another email, closer to the start of the beta on your platform, with your beta token to download the beta on your platform. Activision currently says that beta tokens will be emailed out at approximately 10AM PT on August 3 for PlayStation 4, and approximately 10AM PT on August 10 for Xbox One and PC. Those times are subject to change. We will update when we know more.
- You can log in to callofduty.com/beta and check to see if you are registered for the beta. The page will let you know at the top when you login if you have redeemed a code. Here’s what the top of the image will look like:
- DIGITAL PRE-ORDERS: If you pre-ordered Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 digitally on PlayStation Store, Xbox One Store, or Battle.net for PC, you do not need a code. Once the beta becomes available on your platform, you will be available to visit your platform’s store and download the beta.
Will pre-loading be available?
Activision has not confirmed yet if pre-loading will be available for the beta. They have stated that “more information is coming soon.”
Is PlayStation Plus or Xbox Live Gold required?
In previous years, the Call of Duty betas did not require PlayStation Plus in order to play. We do not expect this year to be different, but if that changes we’ll let you know.
For Xbox One players, yes, an active Xbox Live Gold membership is required to play the beta.
Is the MP Beta an Open Beta?
Activision has stated that the Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Multiplayer Beta is a “Private Beta” on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. They used that terminology for the Call of Duty: WWII Private Beta, and that beta was never opened up to those that did not pre-order. So, as of now, we do not expect Activision to open up the Private MP Beta.
For PC players on Battle.net, yes the MP Beta is an open beta! Day 1 of the Beta, August 10, is a pre-order exclusive access, but at 10AM PT on August 11 through 10AM PT on August 13, the beta is an open beta for all PC players, who have a valid Battle.net account, to play.
What content is available in the MP Beta?
Activision and Treyarch have announced the following content for the MP Beta:
- Frequency: A covert listening station deep in the mountainous region of Hunan Province is being used to track strategic targets across the globe.
- Contraband: Surveillance of an international arms smuggling operation has uncovered this shipping hub on a remote, uncharted island off the coast of Colombia.
- Seaside: An anti-government protest in this quaint coastal Spanish town grew out of control and forced a military shutdown.
- Payload: A defensive ICBM launch facility deep in an Icelandic mountain range has been infiltrated by hostile forces attempting to steal a nuclear warhead.
- Team Deathmatch
- Search & Destroy
The beta will also include 10 Specialists, the Pick 10 system, new gear, and more to try out.
Will beta stats carry over to the full game?
No, beta stats will not carry over the final game. All players will be reset after the beta ends.
Due note, however, for PlayStation 4 players: your beta stats will carry over from Weekend 1 of the Private MP Beta to Weekend 2 of the Private MP beta.
Activision and Treyarch have also stated that there will be rewards for those who play the beta, and those rewards will be available in the final game at the October 12 launch:
- Everyone who plays in the Private Beta will receive a Beta Calling Card to use in-game at the game’s launch on October 12.
- Players who reach max rank in the Private MP Beta will receive a permanent unlock token to use on whatever item in MP they would like to unlock at the game’s launch on October 12.
Is Blackout available in the Beta?
The first beta for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is a multiplayer-only beta. Activision has confirmed, however, that there will be separate Private Blackout Beta coming in September. The Private Blackout Beta will be available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, but similar to the MP Beta, it will be available first on PS4.
More information to come later this summer about Blackout.
Be sure to follow us on Twitter for the latest Private Beta news! We’ll be sharing all of the latest info, including codes release, beta starts, etc. throughout the beta.
COD 2020 Teasers: Black Ops 4 Summit map, Treyarch social profile
As we opened our new crates that Activision sent through, Black Ops 4’s Summit map got an update.
The screens in the center of the map in Black Ops 4 turned on which seem to match to what some of our slides show:
There’s also a look at clocks of 4 out of the 5 locations that some of us got as part of the slides to see:
These changes do appear to be new, especially the screens with the targets on them. Analyzing older images of the maps showcase that the screens were not showing the same thing.
In addition, Treyarch has updated their cover photo on social channels.
It’s getting cold out there…
Gameplay from Black Ops 4’s canceled campaign mode revealed
A user on Reddit, r/BlackOps4, has shared what appears to be the very first footage of gameplay from the canceled campaign mode of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, which released in October 2018, was the first Call of Duty game to not have a traditional campaign mode, instead opting to have three online-based modes.
Treyarch insisted throughout the year that they really didn’t have plans for a campaign and were focusing on an online connected experience for Black Ops 4, but many reports and sources described the campaign as being too ambitious and canceled because of issues with development.
On Reddit, a user has shared about two minutes of alpha footage of the gameplay of Black Ops 4’s campaign. The campaign, in alpha-state footage (meaning its not complete), had a very similar HUD to the MP experience of Black Ops 4. The user claims that the campaign and MP were supposed to be connected, and that’s why the HUD is so similar.
The gameplay starts by showing a message of “FIND THE AQUILUS CEO.”
Here’s the gameplay footage:
The user who posted this has not said where they got this gameplay footage as of now. He said he only has this footage, alongside an augmented footage of the engine of BO4, which he is not releasing at this time.
Double XP live in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 through February 6
To celebrate the big game this weekend, Treyarch is activating Double XP Quad Feed in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 this weekend – starting now.
Live in game now is:
- 2XP in MP
- 2XP in Zombies
- 2XP Party Game Moshpit
All of this is live in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. This is live through February 6 at 10AM PT.
For those still enjoying Black Ops 4, enjoy a new XP weekend!
Pre-load Modern Warfare & Warzone Season 6 update on PS4
PlayStation is allowing users to pre-load Modern Warfare and Warzone Season 6 patch update ahead of its upcoming launch. The...
Modern Warfare & Warzone Sept 25 Update: Double XP
Infinity Ward has released the latest playlist update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone. This...
New Black Ops Cold War Zombies teasers found
Zombies fans, strap in… The PawnTakesPawn site continues to provide some exciting updates as we work towards the reveal of...