It’s finally time: The Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Private Multiplayer Beta Weekend 1 is now live exclusively on PlayStation 4! The servers are up, and players can now get their hands on experience with Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 MP before the October 12 launch.
How to Get Access:
Players who preordered Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 digitally, the beta is now available for download directly on the PlayStation 4 store. Search for ‘Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Private Multiplayer Beta’ on the store to find it and download now.
Players who preordered Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 at a retailer, make sure you redeemed the code you received from the retailer at callofduty.com/beta. Activision has sent out emails with beta download codes, which you need to redeem on the PlayStation 4 store — so check your emails!
Weekend 1 of the Private Multiplayer Beta features 10 Playable specialists, 6 maps, and 4 modes.
- Our signature new game mode designed to bring out the best of tactical Specialist gameplay.
- Chaos Team Deathmatch
- A playlist that takes our ever-popular non-objective based game modes and adds a twist. The format here is 6 vs. 6, and allows two of each Specialist per team for chaotic fun. Includes Team Deathmatch and Kill Confirmed*.
- Capture Moshpit
- This playlist combines our fast-paced favorite objective modes, Domination and Hardpoint, for palm-sweating action.
- Search & Destroy*
- If you’re into slower-paced strategy, this one is for you. With new Specialist weapons and equipment, the tension is palpable.
- Frequency: A covert listening station deep in the mountainous region of Hunan Province is being used to track strategic targets across the globe.
- Contraband: Surveillance of an international arms smuggling operation has uncovered this shipping hub on a remote, uncharted island off the coast of Colombia.
- Seaside: An anti-government protest in this quaint coastal Spanish town grew out of control and forced a military shutdown.
- Payload: A defensive ICBM launch facility deep in an Icelandic mountain range has been infiltrated by hostile forces attempting to steal a nuclear warhead.
- Hacienda: A lavish vineyard estate situated on a quiet lake in the Spanish countryside, home to a high-ranking crime syndicate boss.
- Gridlock: A Japanese metropolis whose city center has been jammed up by a bank heist gone wrong.
Weekend 1 of the Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Private Multiplayer Beta ends on Monday, August 6 at 10AM PT!
Weekend 2 of the Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Private Multiplayer Beta begins on Friday, August 10 at 10AM PT and ends on Monday, August 13 at 10AM PT on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The PC Beta also goes live in Early Access on August 10 at 10AM PT for those who pre-purchased Black Ops 4. The PC Open Beta goes live on August 11 at 10AM PT for all Battle.net users.
Be sure to follow us on Twitter for the latest news on the Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Private Beta!
COD 2020 Teasers: Black Ops 4 Summit map, Treyarch social profile
As we opened our new crates that Activision sent through, Black Ops 4’s Summit map got an update.
The screens in the center of the map in Black Ops 4 turned on which seem to match to what some of our slides show:
There’s also a look at clocks of 4 out of the 5 locations that some of us got as part of the slides to see:
These changes do appear to be new, especially the screens with the targets on them. Analyzing older images of the maps showcase that the screens were not showing the same thing.
In addition, Treyarch has updated their cover photo on social channels.
It’s getting cold out there…
Gameplay from Black Ops 4’s canceled campaign mode revealed
A user on Reddit, r/BlackOps4, has shared what appears to be the very first footage of gameplay from the canceled campaign mode of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, which released in October 2018, was the first Call of Duty game to not have a traditional campaign mode, instead opting to have three online-based modes.
Treyarch insisted throughout the year that they really didn’t have plans for a campaign and were focusing on an online connected experience for Black Ops 4, but many reports and sources described the campaign as being too ambitious and canceled because of issues with development.
On Reddit, a user has shared about two minutes of alpha footage of the gameplay of Black Ops 4’s campaign. The campaign, in alpha-state footage (meaning its not complete), had a very similar HUD to the MP experience of Black Ops 4. The user claims that the campaign and MP were supposed to be connected, and that’s why the HUD is so similar.
The gameplay starts by showing a message of “FIND THE AQUILUS CEO.”
Here’s the gameplay footage:
The user who posted this has not said where they got this gameplay footage as of now. He said he only has this footage, alongside an augmented footage of the engine of BO4, which he is not releasing at this time.
Double XP live in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 through February 6
To celebrate the big game this weekend, Treyarch is activating Double XP Quad Feed in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 this weekend – starting now.
Live in game now is:
- 2XP in MP
- 2XP in Zombies
- 2XP Party Game Moshpit
All of this is live in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. This is live through February 6 at 10AM PT.
For those still enjoying Black Ops 4, enjoy a new XP weekend!
Black Ops Cold War scorestreaks reportedly leaked
It looks like the scorestreaks available in Black Ops Cold War have apparently leaked. The game’s beta offered fans a...
Black Ops Cold War Pawn Takes Pawn: Story Recap Trailer
The Black Ops Cold War ARG has been a wild run. Since early August, fans have been scouring PawnTakesPawn website...
Black Ops 3 Zombies Chronicles Edition included with PS Plus Collection
Sony PlayStation has announced new information on the PlayStation Plus Collection for PlayStation® 5. This new feature is a free...