With Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered campaign launching this week for PS4 owners who pre-purchase Infinite Warfare, the trophies for the campaign have now been revealed on Exophase.
As noted earlier, PS4 players who play during the early access period can earn trophies for Modern Warfare Remastered as they play, with all of the progress transferring over.
Here’s the trophies…[SPOILERS]:
- Just another day at the office – Earn all available trophies for Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® Remastered.
- Earn a Winged Dagger – Complete ‘F.N.G.’.
- Make the Jump – Infiltrate a cargo ship.
- Dancing in the Dark – Kill the power.
- Save the Bacon – Protect ‘War Pig’, the Abrams tank.
- Death From Above – Operate an AC-130 gun ship.
- Wrong Number – Find Al-Asad’s safehouse.
- Piggyback Ride – Carry Cpt. MacMillan to safety.
- Desperate Measures – Corner Zakhaev’s Son.
- Win the War – Complete the game on any difficulty.
- Look Sharp – Find 15 enemy intel items.
- Eyes and Ears – Find 30 enemy intel items.
- Down Boy Down – Survive a dog attack.
- New Squadron Record – Complete the cargo ship mockup in less than 19 seconds.
- Rescue Roycewicz – Save Pvt. Roycewicz on the stairs.
- Your Show Sucks – Destroy all the TVs showing Al-Asad’s speech.
- Man of the People – Save the farmer.
- Straight Flush – Kill 5 enemies with one shot while in the AC-130 gunship.
- Ghillies In The Mist – Complete ‘All Ghillied Up’ without alerting any enemies.
- Mile High Club – Sky dive to safety on Veteran difficulty.
- No Rest for the Weary – Stab an injured crawling enemy.
- Deep and Hard – Complete the game on Hardened or Veteran difficulty.
- The Package – Complete ‘Crew Expendable’ on Veteran difficulty.
- The Rescue – Complete ‘Blackout’ on Veteran difficulty.
- The Search – Complete ‘Charlie Don’t Surf’ on Veteran difficulty.
- The Bog – Complete ‘The Bog’ and ‘War Pig’ on Veteran difficulty.
- The Escape – Complete ‘Hunted’ and ‘Death From Above’ on Veteran difficulty.
- The First Horseman – Complete ‘Shock and Awe’ on Veteran difficulty.
- The Second Horseman – Complete ‘Safehouse’ on Veteran difficulty.
- The Shot – Complete ‘All Ghillied Up’ and ‘One Shot, One Kill’ on Veteran difficulty.
- The Third Horseman – Complete ‘Heat’ and ‘The Sins of the Father’ on Veteran difficulty.
- The Ultimatum – Complete ‘Ultimatum’, ‘All In’, and ‘No Fighting in the War Room’ on Veteran difficulty.
- The Fourth Horseman – Complete ‘Game Over’ on Veteran difficulty.
- Daredevil – Kill an enemy while blinded by a flashbang in the single player campaign.
- Roadkill – Kill 2 enemies by blowing up a car in the single player campaign.
- Bird on the Ground – Shoot down an enemy helicopter with an RPG in the single player campaign.
- Four of a Kind – Kill 4 enemies in a row with headshots in the single player campaign.
- Three of a Kind – Kill 3 enemies in a row with your knife in the single player campaign.
- Time Paradox – Kill Makarov and complete your mission
- Weapon Master – Get a kill with each type of handheld gun, explosive and launcher in the single player campaign.
- Flyswatter – Destroy 8 enemy helicopters in ‘Heat’.
- Desert Storm – Find the Desert Eagle in ‘Crew Expendable’ and kill 5 enemies with it.
- Master Ninja – Complete any level using only the knife to kill enemies.
- Dogs. I Hate Dogs. – Kill 20 attack dogs with a knife.
- The Man in the High Tower – Find and use the hidden cache in ‘Heat’.
- Feel the Heat – Kill all 4 tanks on the overpass with the Javelin missile in ‘The Bog’.
- Retro Shooter – Complete any level without reloading your weapon (excluding ‘The Coup’ and ‘Aftermath’).
- Best of the Best – Beat IW best time on the Ship Training course in ‘F.N.G.’ (15.1 sec).
- Man versus Machine – Alert the enemy helicopter in ‘All Ghillied Up’ and take it down.
- Reinforcement Denied – Kill at least 3 rappelling enemies in a single rope.
- Explosion Man – Kill 20 enemies with explosives in a single level.
New Modern Warfare 3 Remastered Mod In Development
A Call of Duty custom map creator is attempting to recreate iconic Modern Warfare 3 maps in the Black Ops 3 engine.
A Call of Duty custom map creator is taking on the task of remastering iconic Modern Warfare 3 maps.
While players have remained hopeful about the dwindling possibility of a Modern Warfare 2 Remastered Multiplayer experience, one popular Call of Duty modder has taken the task upon himself to remaster the next best thing – Modern Warfare 3.
Modder @ramijayd on Twitter is already relatively deep into the project, as you can see from the work-in-progress screenshots below.
These images show off the maps Intersection and Boardwalk, both from the DLC pool of Modern Warfare 3 maps. The left images show Modern Warfare 3 gameplay, and the right shows the updated visuals.
Currently, it appears Ramijayd has mostly completed development on these two maps. He plans to expand development to other iconic maps from the game, while also porting over player models and weapon models from various Call of Duty games. It appears the MP7 model he chose comes from Modern Warfare 2019, while the UMP45 comes from Modern Warfare 3.
This mod will be available only to PC players, as it is built in the Black Ops 3 mod tools. The maps will be available in the future through the Steam Workshop. Ramijayd has shared his interest in hosting public servers for these maps, so hopefully, there will be enough interest when the full mod releases for small servers to be hosted with the MW3 Remastered mod.
With any player-created game mod, this is subject to change at any time and most likely will only include fan-favorite maps from Modern Warfare 3. While it won’t be an exact recreation of Modern Warfare 3 multiplayer, it could be a fun throwback to older Call of Duty gameplay.
Unfortunately, mechanics like Modern Warfare 3 point streaks like the Juggernaut, AC-130, and Predator Missile seem unlikely to be added.
We can only hope to get some sort of release of this mod, as we are still awaiting info from the seemingly halted Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer Remastered Mod, which was being developed in the Black Ops 3 engine by community modders.
Who is Soap MacTavish in Call of Duty? Background & more
Here’s the full story of fan-favorite Call of Duty character Soap MacTavish, who’s coming to Warzone as a playable Operator.
Captain John ‘Soap’ MacTavish will soon arrive as an Operator in Call of Duty: Warzone, but who is the mohawked Scotsman? Here’s the full story of Modern Warfare hero Soap MacTavish.
We first met the Operator in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare all the way back in 2007. He quickly became a fan-favorite character for his unwavering loyalty to Task Force 141, thick Scottish accent, and several badass moments.
He began as one of the silent protagonists of the original Modern Warfare game and quickly gained respect from his SAS comrades. Then in Modern Warfare 2, while playing as Gary “Roach” Sanderson, we got to watch Soap in action.
With Modern Warfare (2019) rebooting the franchise, Soap will arrive in Warzone as a playable Operator.
Here’s the full story behind the new Operator Soap MacTavish.
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (2007)
“What the hell kind of name is Soap, eh? How’d a muppet like you pass selection?”
We first meet Sergeant Soap MacTavish as he joins Captain Price’s Bravo Squad after passing SAS selection. Price is initially unimpressed with our protagonist, making fun of his name. One of the other members calls him the F.N.G (F***ing New Guy).
After running the CQB course and a quick training session from Lt. Gaz, Soap joins Bravo Squad for his first mission with the SAS. After receiving information from their informant Nikolai (who became a playable operator in Warzone Season 6), the squad board a cargo ship and discover a nuclear missile headed for Russia. The ship is bombed, and after Soap fails to make the jump onto the escape helicopter, he is saved by Captain Price.
Over the course of the campaign, Soap repeatedly proves himself a valuable asset to the SAS. The team discovers that Imran Zakhaev, an enemy from Price’s past, supplied the nuclear bomb that was used by Al-Assad to kill American forces.
Bravo Squad then tracks down Zakhaev’s son, who commits suicide before Soap can take his gun from him. In response, Zakhaev then threatens to nuke America, so Soap and the team head to the mountains to prevent the launch.
After deactivating the missiles and chasing Zakhaev, Soap is heavily injured by an exploding fuel tank and Sgt. Griggs dies defending him. Soap then helplessly watches Lt. Gaz and some other SAS members executed by Zakhaev.
All of Bravo Squad are near-death, but Price slides Soap his 1911 pistol, which he uses to kill Zakhaev and the other soldiers. Russian allies arrive and escort Soap and Price, the only survivors, away from the aftermath.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (2009)
“Price… this belongs to you, Sir.”
After Price’s capture in the five year period between the events of MW1 and MW2, Soap is promoted to Captain and leads Task Force 141.
While playing as new protagonist Gary “Roach” Sanderson, we meet Captain Soap MacTavish smoking a cigar before fearlessly scaling an icy mountain. The Russians have got hold of a downed US Satellite, so TF141 is there to recover the ACS module. After being discovered, the pair make a daring escape on stolen snowmobiles, ramping over a massive gorge.
We next meet Soap in Rio de Janeiro, tracking down arms dealer Alejandro Rojas who supplied the central antagonist, Makarov, his weapons for the attack on a Russian airport. After Roach’s squadmates are killed, Roach, Soap, and Ghost must chase the dealer through the Favela. In an incredibly memorable moment, we see Soap dive through a window, tackling Rojas onto a car in the street below.
- Read more: NICKMERCS’ dominant AK-74u loadout
They discover that who Makarov hates most is an unknown Prisoner 627. Task Force 141 assault a gulag to capture and use the prisoner as bait. Soap discovers that the prisoner is his former mentor and Captain, John Price. Soap then returns Price’s 1911 pistol to him, saying “this belongs to you, Sir.”
While searching for Makarov, Task Force 141 is betrayed by American Commander Shepherd. His troops, the Shadow Company, attack Soap and Price but it’s too late for them to warn the rest of TF141. In a shocking twist, Shepherd then murders Roach and fan-favorite character Ghost.
- Read more: How to level up weapons fast in Warzone
Soap and Price chase Shepherd across Afghanistan and finally catch him. While the pair fight Shepherd, Soap is stabbed. The American officer is killing Price, so Soap pulls the knife from his own chest, and throws it at Shephard, hitting him in the eye and killing him.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (2011)
“Price… you need to know. Makarov… knows… Yuri…“
Soap narrowly survives his wound from Shepherd, and Task Force 141 has been declared international fugitives. While Soap is still recovering, Makarov’s men attack Nikolai’s safehouse in India. New playable protagonist Yuri, Price, and Nikolai help him escape.
After Soap recovers, the team search all over for Makarov. Information from Price’s old friend, MacMillan, allows them to discover his whereabouts.
Soap, Price, and Yuri attempt to assassinate Makarov in Berlin. Unfortunately, he catches wind of the assassination attempt and blows up the building Soap and Yuri are in. Soap pushes Yuri out of the building and is caught in the blast. Much to fans’ heartbreak, he later dies from these wounds.
- Read more: Best DMR 14 loadout for Warzone
Just before the explosives went off, Makarov revealed that he and Yuri are old friends. As Soap is dying, he tells Price that “Makarov knows Yuri.” It’s later revealed that they were friends, but Makarov had betrayed him.
After the war ends, Price uses Soap’s death to fuel his desire to kill Makarov. Before killing him, Price declares “this is for Soap.”
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019) & Warzone (2020)
The Modern Warfare series was rebooted in 2019 with Modern Warfare. At the end of the campaign, Price is putting together his team. He reveals that he’s taking on “John MacTavish, SAS.” It’s likely we’ll see him in Modern Warfare 2, which will be coming in the next couple of years.
Then in the final cutscene for Warzone, which was discovered in December 2020, Captain Price contacts Soap. It has now been leaked that Soap will be coming to Warzone as a playable Operator.
Why is John MacTavish called Soap? “That’s classified.”
Fan created MW2 Multiplayer Remastered mod in development
Yes, you read that right
Modern Warfare 2: just the mention of the name will send a blast of memories to any long-time Call of Duty fan. The scenes of quickscoping, trickshotting, content creation and even competitive CoD all have their earliest roots planted in this hit title.
Since the release of Modern Warfare Remastered alongside Infinite Warfare in 2016, fans have been requesting the same treatment for Modern Warfare 2. In 2020, we would get just that, however it would be campaign mode only – no multiplayer or special ops.
Activision later revealed in a blog post that the decision to not include Multiplayer was made to not separate the player base. In a statement, the company said, “rather than release a separate, multiplayer experience as a standalone pack, Activision and Infinity Ward are looking to bring more classic map experiences to new life within the Modern Warfare universe as it continues to grow and build over time.“
With this harsh reality, some fans would give up hope on ever seeing a remastered MW2 multiplayer – but the modding community took this as an opportunity to create their very own experience. That’s where the Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer Remastered project comes in.
According to the development discords Q&A, the Mod will be a remaster of MW2’s multiplayer running in Black Ops 3 on PC. It will not be available for consoles. According to the project lead Gunoftruth, they plan on releasing 9 maps at launch – a large task for the 9 man mod team. At this point, they have made screenshots available for some of the weapons and 2 maps they have remastered, Terminal & Rust. Screenshots available in the gallery below.
As for gameplay elements, here’s a Q&A from their community Discord detailing their plans for gameplay balancing and features.
- Q: Will One Many Army be patched?
- A: Yes. Replenishing explosives is an abusive exploit that was an oversight in the original. Whatever equipment and alt-weapon ammo is used will not be replenished.
- Q: Will Danger Close be nerfed?
- A: No. Without an exploitable OMA (One Man Army) perk to go with it, it’ll likely become less useful like Sonic Boom from COD4.
- Q: Will grenade launcher attachments be nerfed?
- A: Probably not. If they were, they’d use MW3’s damage profile.
- Q: Will the masterkey attachment be buffed?
- A: Probably not.
- Q: Will the Model 1887 be pre-patch?
- A: No.
- Q: Will any primary or secondary weapons be rebalanced?
- A: No.
- Q: Are Deathstreaks returning?
- A: Sadly, yes. They won’t be in earlier builds like the Alpha though.
- Q: Will sniper scopes be 2D overlays like the original or 3D like MWR\MW2CR?
- A: They’ll be 3D like MWR\MW2CR.
- Q: Will you be able to inspect weapons?
- A: Short answer, yes. Long answer, yes.
- Q: Does the mod have controller support and aim assist?
- A: Controller support will be the same as Black Ops 3’s built-in support for both Xbox and PS4 controllers. There is aim assist.
Regarding being able to play, or even see gameplay in action, that’ll be reserved for the lucky few who get selected to participate in the upcoming beta. Sadly, sign ups for that are closed, but you can see a live gameplay walkthrough of the Rust map in a video released by the MW2R MP team below.
To find out more regarding the mod (status of weapons and project developments), you can join the fan created Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer Remastered Discord server and read up on all of the progress made so far. As for the 8 man mod team, here’s proper credit for all members.
- Lead – Gunoftruth
- Mappers – Blak, GunofTruth, Stendby
- Scripters – Raptroes, xSanchez78, Jarik
- Gameplay/Misc – Raptroes, Xoxor4d, scobalula
The mod is slated to release in 2021, with a beta test coming soon.
All Black Ops Cold War multiplayer maps: Standard, Gunfight, & Fireteam
Study up - here's the maps in Black Ops Cold War.
Attack of the Undead could be returning to COD Mobile
Attack of the Undead could be returning to Call of Duty mobile, as revealed in the most recent test build.
How to get your Twitch 2020 recap
Here's how you can get a full 2020 Twitch recap, showing you your most watched games, streamers, most-popular emotes, and...