Attending the 2018 San Diego Comic-Con this week? Activision has confirmed that Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 will be at the event with Zombies-related activities happening throughout the weekend.
The big event is the Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Zombies Panel, which takes place July 19 at 1PM PT.
Here’s the full list of all things Call of Duty at Comic-Con:
- Panel: Thursday, July 19 at 1:00pm-2:00pm, Room #6BCF
- Description: Treyarch’s Jason Blundell (Sr. Executive Producer) and Craig Houston (Lead Writer) celebrate the 10-year anniversary of Call of Duty’s Zombies and discuss what’s next for the studio’s signature undead in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4. Get ready for never-before-seen footage, exciting special announcements, and Q&A.
- Dark Horse Comic Book Cover Art Signing: Thursday, July 19 at 3:00pm-4:00pm, Dark Horse Booth #2615
- Attendees receive: Exclusive art print
- BAIT Limited Edition Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Signing: Thursday, July 19 at 5:30pm-7:00pm, BAIT Store at 920 Fifth Ave., San Diego, CA 92101
- Attendees can purchase: Apparel from the Call of Duty® Zombies capsule collection
- Call of Duty Action Figures by McFarlane Toys: July 19-22, Diamond Comic Distributors Booth #2401
- Attendees can view: Upcoming Fall lineup of figures on display at the Diamond Comic Distributors booth, including John ‘Soap’ MacTavish, John ‘Soap’ MacTavish (Bloody Variant), Donnie ‘Ruin’ Walsh, Simon ‘Ghost’ Riley, Simon ‘Ghost’ Riley (Winter Variant), and Seraph
So if you’re attending Comic-Con, be sure to check out the Call of Duty-related activities!
COD 2020 Teasers: Black Ops 4 Summit map, Treyarch social profile
As we opened our new crates that Activision sent through, Black Ops 4’s Summit map got an update.
The screens in the center of the map in Black Ops 4 turned on which seem to match to what some of our slides show:
There’s also a look at clocks of 4 out of the 5 locations that some of us got as part of the slides to see:
These changes do appear to be new, especially the screens with the targets on them. Analyzing older images of the maps showcase that the screens were not showing the same thing.
In addition, Treyarch has updated their cover photo on social channels.
It’s getting cold out there…
Gameplay from Black Ops 4’s canceled campaign mode revealed
A user on Reddit, r/BlackOps4, has shared what appears to be the very first footage of gameplay from the canceled campaign mode of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, which released in October 2018, was the first Call of Duty game to not have a traditional campaign mode, instead opting to have three online-based modes.
Treyarch insisted throughout the year that they really didn’t have plans for a campaign and were focusing on an online connected experience for Black Ops 4, but many reports and sources described the campaign as being too ambitious and canceled because of issues with development.
On Reddit, a user has shared about two minutes of alpha footage of the gameplay of Black Ops 4’s campaign. The campaign, in alpha-state footage (meaning its not complete), had a very similar HUD to the MP experience of Black Ops 4. The user claims that the campaign and MP were supposed to be connected, and that’s why the HUD is so similar.
The gameplay starts by showing a message of “FIND THE AQUILUS CEO.”
Here’s the gameplay footage:
The user who posted this has not said where they got this gameplay footage as of now. He said he only has this footage, alongside an augmented footage of the engine of BO4, which he is not releasing at this time.
Double XP live in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 through February 6
To celebrate the big game this weekend, Treyarch is activating Double XP Quad Feed in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 this weekend – starting now.
Live in game now is:
- 2XP in MP
- 2XP in Zombies
- 2XP Party Game Moshpit
All of this is live in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. This is live through February 6 at 10AM PT.
For those still enjoying Black Ops 4, enjoy a new XP weekend!
Treyarch dev says all CoD games have had SBMM, says it can be ‘tuned’
Treyarch’s Director of Technology Martin Donlon has spoken out on Twitter after fans have complained about SBMM in Call of...
SBMM trends on Twitter as fans experience it in Black Ops Cold War Alpha
SBMM, or known as skill based matchmaking, is the main topic of the conversation from the Black Ops Cold War...
Snipers in Black Ops Cold War alpha intentionally overpowered to test balance
Treyarch’s Designer Tony Flame has stated on Twitter that the team intentionally overpowered the sniper rifles in the alpha. One...