Treyarch has released a new Game Settings Update today, bringing the Winter Event Stream and Winter Callings to Xbox One and PC versions of Call of Duty Black Ops 4. Update notes are as follows:
Happy holidays! With today’s update, players on all platforms can enjoy new content in all three modes with our Holiday Event in Blackout, Winter Event stream in the Black Market, and Winter Calling in Zombies! Details below:
Blackout Holiday Event
For a limited time, Blackout players get access to tactical Snowballs, festive lighting and decorations throughout the map, and holiday-themed Supply Stashes in time for the holidays. Jump into a match to see if you can secure the Victory with a final Snowball kill. We’ll be watching.
Winter Event Stream
Unlock new Warpaints and Gestures to use in Multiplayer and Blackout through our new free Winter Event loot stream in the Black Market! These new tiers will appear in the Contraband section of the Black Market, and you’ll unlock new content as you complete each new tier along with your current Operation Absolute Zero progress and any active Special Order tiers simultaneously.
Zombies Winter Calling
Complete unique challenges in Zombies to unlock a new round of exclusive personalization items to use in Zombies for a limited time! Check the Barracks to find these challenges, which can be progressed simultaneously with your current Daily Calling challenges to double up on Zombies rewards.
Here’s what’s new in today’s game update:
- Blackout Holiday Event: Snowballs, festive lighting/decorations, and holiday-themed Supply Stashes now live (Xbox One/PC)
- Winter Event Stream in Black Market for MP and Blackout now live (Xbox One/PC)
- Winter Calling in Zombies now live (Xbox One/PC)
- Reactive Camo display issue fixes in Blackout
- Enemy HUD fix for Killcam in Blackout
- Dead of the Night added as Featured Playlist in Zombies
- Misc. fixes in MP and Zombies
PS4 AND PC
- Limited-time Winter Event stream now live in the Black Market with new items to unlock for use in Multiplayer and Blackout.
- Holiday Event now live in Blackout.
- Added Snowballs, holiday lighting & decorations, and holiday-themed Supply Stashes.
- Limited-time Winter Calling event stream now live with new personalization items to unlock in the Zombies Barracks.
- Reactive Camos
- Addressed an issue that prevented unwrapped Reactive Camos from displaying as completed in the After Action Report.
- Addressed an issue where unwrapped Reactive Camos would appear wrapped on the ground.
- Outfit Unlocks
- Addressed an issue with the unlock condition for “The Numbers” outfit for Seraph (PS4).
- Contraband Stashes will now properly spawn on all platforms.
- Addressed an issue that prevented the enemy HUD from appearing during the Killcam.
- Addressed an issue where “hacked” UI showed up for the rest of the match for players who watched the Killcam after being killed by a Gunship that was being hacked.
- Featured Playlist
- Dead of the Night is now the Featured Playlist.
- Closed an exploit that would allow specific uses of the Scepter of Ra to break enemy pathing.
COD 2020 Teasers: Black Ops 4 Summit map, Treyarch social profile
As we opened our new crates that Activision sent through, Black Ops 4’s Summit map got an update.
The screens in the center of the map in Black Ops 4 turned on which seem to match to what some of our slides show:
There’s also a look at clocks of 4 out of the 5 locations that some of us got as part of the slides to see:
These changes do appear to be new, especially the screens with the targets on them. Analyzing older images of the maps showcase that the screens were not showing the same thing.
In addition, Treyarch has updated their cover photo on social channels.
It’s getting cold out there…
Gameplay from Black Ops 4’s canceled campaign mode revealed
A user on Reddit, r/BlackOps4, has shared what appears to be the very first footage of gameplay from the canceled campaign mode of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, which released in October 2018, was the first Call of Duty game to not have a traditional campaign mode, instead opting to have three online-based modes.
Treyarch insisted throughout the year that they really didn’t have plans for a campaign and were focusing on an online connected experience for Black Ops 4, but many reports and sources described the campaign as being too ambitious and canceled because of issues with development.
On Reddit, a user has shared about two minutes of alpha footage of the gameplay of Black Ops 4’s campaign. The campaign, in alpha-state footage (meaning its not complete), had a very similar HUD to the MP experience of Black Ops 4. The user claims that the campaign and MP were supposed to be connected, and that’s why the HUD is so similar.
The gameplay starts by showing a message of “FIND THE AQUILUS CEO.”
Here’s the gameplay footage:
The user who posted this has not said where they got this gameplay footage as of now. He said he only has this footage, alongside an augmented footage of the engine of BO4, which he is not releasing at this time.
Double XP live in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 through February 6
To celebrate the big game this weekend, Treyarch is activating Double XP Quad Feed in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 this weekend – starting now.
Live in game now is:
- 2XP in MP
- 2XP in Zombies
- 2XP Party Game Moshpit
All of this is live in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. This is live through February 6 at 10AM PT.
For those still enjoying Black Ops 4, enjoy a new XP weekend!
Modern Warfare & Warzone Sept 25 Update: Double XP
Infinity Ward has released the latest playlist update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone. This...
New Black Ops Cold War Zombies teasers found
Zombies fans, strap in… The PawnTakesPawn site continues to provide some exciting updates as we work towards the reveal of...
Xfinity customers can get Black Ops Cold War Beta Codes
Xfinity has announced a partnership with Activision to provide Black Ops Cold War Early Access Beta codes for subscribers. Xfinity...