The latest Game Settings Update for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is live on PS4 and Xbox One with PC to follow shortly.
Operation Absolute Zero debuts in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 first on PlayStation 4, alongside with a host of game fixes and more to both console platforms. Today’s Settings Update address some bugs from the latest patch, alongside bringing new features to all modes.
Check out what’s new and more from Treyarch.
Operation Absolute Zero is now live first on PS4! This huge new Operation delivers tons of new content across all modes:
- Multiplayer: Meet Zero, our newest Specialist armed with devastating hacking abilities, including the new EMP Disruptor grenade.
- Blackout: Black Ops 2’s Hijacked has been added as Blackout’s newest destination, along with the new ARAV armored vehicle and new IX Zombies Character Missions to find and complete.
- Zombies: Three new Zombies features are now live – Daily Callings, the Black Ops Authenticity Stamp system, and Daily Tier Skips for Zombies on all platforms (PC coming soon).
- Black Market: A revamped 100-Tier system for simpler and more rewarding progression is here, featuring new earnable Blackout characters, Mastercrafts, Epic Outfits, Reactive Camos, Weapon Camos, and new Multiplayer weapons: the Daemon 3XB SMG, SWAT RFT assault rifle, and Secret Santa melee weapon.
And for Black Ops Pass holders, we’ve launched our first drop of content, including two new Multiplayer Maps, a new Zombies experience, and the newest exclusive Blackout character first on PS4:
- Multiplayer Maps: Elevation and Madagascar join the map rotation, now playable in our new Map Pack Moshpit this week on PS4.
- Dead of the Night: Party up to take on a chilling new Zombies adventure set in 1912 England, featuring a full celebrity cast (Kiefer Sutherland, Helena Bonham Carter, Brian Blessed, and Charles Dance) and a host of deadly new enemies, traps, special weapons, Easter Eggs, and much more to discover.
- Reaper Arrives in Blackout: “Safety protocols disengaged.” Everyone’s favorite experimental war robot from Black Ops 3 drops into Blackout to murder everything.
New MP playlists have arrived today as well, including Blackjack’s Gun Game on PS4 featuring the new Daemon 3XB SMG and SWAT RFT assault rifle, as well as Map Pack Moshpit for Black Ops Pass holders who want to grind the latest MP maps.
We’ve also heard our Mercenary players loud and clear, and we’re adding at least one Mercenary playlist to the Featured category each week for the foreseeable future. Mercenary Deathmatch Moshpit joins the fray this week, including TDM 85 and Kill Confirmed 75 with no parties allowed.
- Zero added for use in MP and Blackout (PS4)
- Hijacked, ARAV, new weapons, and IX Zombies Character Missions added in Blackout (PS4)
- Revamped Black Market with 100 Tiers, including new weapons (PS4)
- Daily Callings, Black Ops Authenticity Stamp, Daily Tier Skips added to Zombies (PS4/Xbox One)
- MP Featured Playlists updated (PS4/Xbox One)
- Prophet’s Tempest now requires more accuracy to hit targets (PS4/Xbox One)
- Fixes for Dark Matter bug and Zero-related crashes in MP (PS4/Xbox One)
- Prestigious Award fix in Zombies (PS4/Xbox One)
- Black Ops Pass content added: 2 new MP Maps, new Zombies experience, Reaper in Blackout (PS4)
We’ve made the following updates on PS4 with Operation Absolute Zero:
- Zero added as a playable character unlocked at Tier 1 in the Black Market.
- Fixed crashes related to Zero’s Equipment. [updated 4PM PT]
- Black Ops Pass Content
- Madagascar and Elevation playable for Black Ops Pass holders.
Introducing the ARAV, Blackout’s first combat-centric vehicle. The ARAV is a three-player vehicle featuring three positions:
- The ARAV is the second-fastest land vehicle behind the ATV in pure speed, and is the 2nd-toughest vehicle after the Cargo Truck. While it can shrug off a few bullets, ARAV drivers still need to be mindful of explosives and rockets headed their direction.
- As the passenger, players have the option of staying seated within the safety of the cabin, or leaning out the window to initiate combat with scavenged weapons and equipment. Players enter the Passenger Seat with weapons lowered and equipment unavailable.
- To change from sitting in the seat to leaning out the window, press Aim Down Sights (ADS), Fire, or Use Equipment buttons.
- To re-enter the vehicle when leaning out, press the Re-enter or Switch Seat button.
- Players can heal from within the confines of the ARAV passenger seat without transitioning to leaning out. While leaning out, players still have full use of their weapons and equipment.
- Turret Gunner
- In the Turret position, players are placed on a mounted machine gun with 360-degree aim, perfect for providing suppressing fire or firing on enemy vehicles.
- Turret firing is metered by two mechanics: Overheat and Durability.
- Overheat: Extended firing will cause the turret to overheat and be temporarily disabled. The turret will be usable again after it has cooled down.
- Durability: The turret will become permanently disabled over time. Keep an eye on the turret itself, as it will begin to pour smoke and ultimately catch fire when its durability is reduced to zero and can no longer be used.
- Hijacked has been added to the map, docked just outside of the Construction Site.
- This “well-known” luxury yacht has received some much-needed improvements, featuring a helipad as a possible helicopter spawn point, as well as a possible vehicle spawn.
- Made improvements to mantling in Hijacked location [updated 4PM PT]
- Zero added as a playable character once unlocked at Tier 1 in the Black Market (no Character Mission required).
- IX Zombies Character Missions now available to find and complete to play as Gladiator versions of Scarlett, Diego, Bruno, and Shaw.
- For 24 hours, Firing Range contains an over-abundance of new weapons.
- New ranged weapons also come in “gold” variants, fully loaded with attachments.
- Once the 24-hour time-period is up, new ranged weapons will be found in the world at the normal item spawn frequency.
Black Ops Pass Content
- Reaper added as a playable character for Black Ops Pass holders.
- Black Ops Pass Content
- Dead of the Night now live for Black Ops Pass holders.
- Black Market Revamp
- 100 clearly-defined Tiers for streamlined progression.
- New item categories and more diverse content, including new weapons, Reactive Camos, Weapon Camos, Reticles, Mastercrafts, and more.
- Reserves now start at Tier 101.
- New shared Warpaints that can be equipped with different outfits across different Themes on the same Specialist.
- New Zero Specialist unlocked at Tier 1.
- New Weapons
- Daemon 3XB
- 3-round burst, 0.45 cal. submachine gun.
- Fast cyclical rate of fire with improved hip fire accuracy.
- SWAT RFT
- 5.56 assault rifle.
- Moderate recoil and a fast rate of fire.
- Secret Santa
- A festive melee weapon for the holiday season.
- Daemon 3XB
PS4 AND XBOX ONE
In addition to the changes in our new 1.09 title update, the following changes are also now live on PS4 and Xbox One, with PC to follow:
- Featured Playlists
- Blackjack’s Gun Game added as Featured Playlist (PS4).
- Gun Game with 3 new Operation Absolute Zero weapons added to rotation.
- Map Pack Moshpit added to Featured for Black Ops Pass holders (PS4).
- Maps: Elevation, Madagascar.
- Game Modes: Team Deathmatch, Domination, Kill Confirmed, Hardpoint.
- Mercenary Capture Moshpit added as Featured Playlist (Xbox One).
- Game Modes: Domination, Control, Hardpoint
- Mercenary Deathmatch Moshpit added to Featured.
- Game Modes: Team Deathmatch, Kill Confirmed.
- 6v6, no parties allowed.
- Deathmatch Moshpit added to Featured.
- Game Modes: Team Deathmatch, Kill Confirmed.
- Blackjack’s Gun Game added as Featured Playlist (PS4).
- Tempest now requires more accuracy to hit its target.
- Dark Matter
- Addressed an issue players experienced with keeping Dark Matter equipped from match to match. [updated 4PM PT]
- Daily Callings
- Daily Callings added to the Barracks in Zombies.
- Players can complete new Daily Callings challenges for bonus Zombies XP and Nebulium Plasma each day.
- Black Ops Authenticity Stamp
- Black Ops Authenticity Stamp feature added to the After Action Report after each match.
- Players can enter their unique 4-word code generated in the After Action Report at http://callofduty.com/boasto share their accomplishments with the world.
- Stats tracked include:
- Number of kills, deaths, downs, revives, headshots, and rounds survived.
- Map selection, game type, numbers of players, and difficulty attempted.
- Special Weapons, Equipment, and Talismans used.
- Perks and Elixirs equipped.
- Number of Elixirs consumed.
- Match duration, score spent, final score, and more.
- Daily Tier Skip
- Added Daily Tier Skip credit for reaching Round 15 in a game of Classic Zombies each day (now live on both consoles).
- Fixed a crash that occurred when upgrading the Blundergat to the Magmagat.
- Prestigious Award
- Now properly tracks progress for attaining max level or Prestige with 25 different weapons in Zombies.
- Prestigious Award
CoD Points price: How to buy, spend & do they carry over
CoD Points are the official currency of Call of Duty. Check out CoD Point prices, where to buy them, and whether they transfer between games.
Activision’s in-game currency lets players purchase cosmetics for their characters, and we’ve got everything you need to know about CoD Points prices, how to buy them, and all the items you can spend them on.
Call of Duty offers a huge palette of extra goodies you can add to your game, requiring players to spend their own currency named CoD Points to acquire them.
CoD Points can be purchased using the menu systems in games like Vanguard or Warzone or through console marketplaces like the PS Store or Xbox Marketplace.
The gaming landscape has changed over the years with the incorporation of microtransactions and live-gaming services. Many games offer extra content – with cosmetics being a big proponent of this. With Vanguard and Warzone offering special Attack on Titan and Snoop Dogg skins as well as unique weapon Blueprints for popular weapons, it becomes easy to see why players would want to spend CoD Points.
- CoD Points Prices
- How to buy CoD Points
- Where to spend CoD Points
- Do CoD Points carry across games?
- What can I buy with CoD Points
CoD Points prices
There are different amounts and bundles you can opt for when buying CoD Points that are tailored to different needs.
Some players just need to top up their account with a few hundred points to get the latest bundle. Whereas others need a big restock with the intention of spending many points. The more points you want, the bigger the discounts grow.
Here are the different prices for the various CoD Points bundles:
- 200 CoD Points: $1.99 / £1.79
- 500 CoD Points: $4.99 / £4.31
- 1,000 (+100 Bonus) CoD Points: $9.99 / £8.49
- 2,000 (+400 Bonus) CoD Points: $19.99 / £16.79
- 4,000 (+1,000 Bonus) CoD Points: $39.99 / £34.99
- 7,000 (+2,500 Bonus) CoD Points: $74.99 / £69.99
- 10,000 (+3,000 Bonus) CoD Points: $99.99 / £84.99
- 15,000 (+6,000 Bonus) CoD Points: $149.99 / £123.99
How to buy COD Points
You can be very flexible with how you buy COD Points as there are a few different ways to do so. To make sure you’re buying them for the right platform, just double-check with our guide on transferring COD Points across platforms.
There are four ways you can buy COD Points:
- PC players can purchase CoD Points on the Battle.net website
- PS4 & PS5 players can purchase CoD Points in the PS Store on their console, or on the PlayStation website
- Xbox Series X, Series S, or One players can buy CoD Points on the Xbox Marketplace on their console, or the official Microsoft Store website
- Select physical retailer’s stock vouchers and gift cards with a code that players can redeem for CoD Points.
Where to spend CoD Points
Spending your CoD Points is incredibly easy, with players able to purchase cosmetic bundles and Blueprints in the in-game store.
The stores are available in Vanguard, Warzone, Black Ops Cold War, and Modern Warfare, so you can kit out your Operator regardless of your preferred title.
Do CoD Points carry over across games?
The good news is that your CoD Points will transfer across your Call of Duty games, as they are linked to your Activision account.
Players who will still have CoD Points in their account from Vanguard don’t need to worry, as they will automatically be in your account when Modern Warfare 2 releases.
What can I buy with COD Points?
Call of Duty’s currency is used to primarily buy two things: the Battle Pass for the current season and Bundles containing a variety of items.
A Battle Pass is a paid Tier system that allows regular players to earn dozens of extra rewards and cosmetics for essentially playing the game.
It features 100 Tiers for players to smash their way through the course of a season, and if players are committed enough, they can actually earn enough CoD Points, through leveling up the pass, to get the next one for free.
You’ll be able to buy the Vanguard & Warzone Season 3 Battle Pass via a couple of different methods on April 27, 2022:
- Purchase it from the Official Call of Duty website
- Buy it from the in-game store on your respective platform
The other main content you can buy is a wide range of Bundles and Operator Bundles. These special bundles vary in price, and each comes with its own unique items.
The collectibles you can expect to find are Calling Cards, Emblems, Operator Skins, Weapon Blueprints, Weapon Charms, and more.
Image credits: Activision / Sledgehammer Games / Raven Software
JGOD reveals their favorite Call of Duty Perk of all time
Call of Duty content creator JGOD recently revealed their favorite Multiplayer Perk of all time, a pick that many may have forgotten about.
JGOD let the community know his favorite Call of Duty Perk of all time, which many new players may not even have used before, especially as it’s not available in Warzone.
JGOD is known for their in-depth content for Call of Duty games, especially Warzone. The Youtuber often looks into the stats and details for weapons and loadouts, figuring out the best attachments,Perks, and equipment to use.
With that being said, it’s often great to hear JGOD’s personal opinions on their favorite things to use in Call of Duty, which is exactly what he gave when our Twitter page asked the community what the best CoD Perk of all time is.
Our CharlieINTEL Twitter page asked the CoD community what the best Call of Duty Perk of all time is.
For those in the community who have been following the franchise since the CoD 4 days, this question is much harder to answer simply because there have been so many great Perks over the years that haven’t returned or just aren’t in Warzone.
- Read more: How to lower input lag in Warzone
JGOD is one of those players who has been in the community for a long time, so their pick might have some of the modern players slightly bemused.
The content creator’s pick for their favorite CoD Perk of all time is Stalker from Modern Warfare 3, which was released back in 2011. This Perk got rid of all movement penalties while aiming down sights.
This allowed players to strafe effectively while using an LMG, Sniper Rifle, and any other weapon with poor mobility, which was very effective in MW3.
The Perk basically turned Assault Rifles into SMGs, meaning they were effective at close and long ranges.
Further, if players unlocked the Pro version of the Perk, it also delayed Bouncing Betty, Claymore, and IMS detection, which were very strong equipment in MW3.
Although Stalker returned in Call of Duty: Ghosts, the description was slightly different from the MW3 version, and clearly, JGOD’s post is the Perk image from MW3.
Other popular Call of Duty players also weighed in on the debate, with Optic Hitch also sharing their opinion in the comments, stating that MW2’s Ninja Pro was the best Perk of all time: “Ninja Pro MW2. Not close.”
Everyone will have their preference as the best Call of Duty Perk of all time comes down to personal opinion, but Stalker is definitely not a bad shout.
For more on Call of Duty, check out everything we currently know about Modern Warfare II.
Image Credits: Activision / JGOD
Biggest AAA video games coming in 2022: PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch, PC, Stadia & Steam
2022 is a huge year for video games and here’s all the biggest titles coming to PlayStation, Xbox, Switch, and more – with release dates.
2022 continues to be a massive year for video games. Between franchises such as God of War, Pokemon, and Harry Potter, the PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch, PC, and Stadia have some mammoth titles to host. Here’s a look into the biggest games and potential release dates.
The beginning of 2022 will signal over a year since the PS5, and Xbox Series X took video games to the ninth generation of consoles. Developers have had plenty of time to chew the fat and harness the power of the consoles to create immense AAA experiences.
There’s also plenty of mileage left for the Nintendo Switch, and of course, PC, Stadia, and Steam are always pushing the envelope.
With 2022 already delivering Horizon Forbidden West, Elden Ring, Pokemon Legends: Arceus, Rainbow Six Extraction, and Gran Turismo 7, the remainder of the year is also looking to bring the heat. Here’s a look at the top AAA video games coming in 2022.
PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC, Steam & Stadia video games in 2022
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 release date: Fall 2022
For the first in almost 20 years, the Call of Duty franchise will be breaking its annual release schedule in 2023. This means that players will be stuck with CoD’s 2022 title, Modern Warfare 2 for two years.
The 2022 iteration of the iconic franchise is set to be a direct sequel to 2019’s Modern Warfare. The game will be built on a brand-new engine, and the development of the game is being led by Infinity Ward.
Gotham Knights release date: October 25, 2022
A Gotham City without the caped crusader is a strange thought, but that’s the threat that faces it as Bruce Wayne is dead.
In Batman’s place, his former proteges need to step up and protect Gotham, batting away any threats of crime perpetrated by some of its most evil supervillains. Featuring co-operative mode, players can take control of these plucky heroes and hopefully do Batman proud.
Hogwarts Legacy release date: Holiday 2022
There have been many Harry Potter movie tie-in games, but there still hasn’t been an authentic RPG experience that lets you become your own wizard – until now.
Hogwarts Legacy will let fans worldwide finally live out their dream of attending Hogwarts, and the game allows players to select their House, the classes they do, and customize their character, all the while fighting monsters and completing quests.
God of War: Ragnarok release date: 2022
Players got a juicy look at the next epic adventure in Santa Monica’s God of War franchise during the 2021 PlayStation Experience. Kratos and Atreus are set to battle with Freya, possibly Thor, and their own demons.
God of War Ragnarok looks like it’s expanded upon the reboot to incorporate more NPCs, more spectacular gameplay, and a gripping narrative that will test the bond between father and son.
Final Fantasy XVI release date: late 2022
The hype surrounding Final Fantasy XVI is beginning to mount as we get deeper into 2022. It’s the collaboration between Square Enix and the combat designer of Devil May Cry 5, Ryota Suzuki that has fans of the franchise excited.
The developers have confirmed that they would release additional information about the sixteenth game in the mainline Final Fantasy franchise around Spring 2022. Hopefully, this will include a release date giving RPG fanatics something to look forward to.
Pokémon Scarlet and Violet release date: late 2022
2022 is a great year to be a Pokemon fan. Shortly after the release of Pokemon Legends: Arceus, Nintendo wasted no time announcing their newest mainline titles. Pokemon Violet and Pokemon Scarlet will introduce players to the ninth generation of Pokemon games.
Nintendo has already shared details about the game including the implementation of open-world areas as well as the three starter Pokémon: Sprigatito, Fuecoco, and Quaxly.
Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 release date: delayed to 2023
It wouldn’t be a stretch to say that Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 could easily be one of the most anticipated games of all time.
Breath of the Wild took the world by storm in 2017 with its rich, expressive world that deviated from the conventions of traditional Zelda games. Many millions of copies sold later, and fans everywhere are desperate for the next chapter for Link in this gorgeous, sprawling version of Hyrule.
Unfortunately on March 29, 2022, Nintendo announced that Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 would be pushed back to a 2023 release date.
That completes our guide to the biggest and most anticipated video games that are due to arrive in 2022. For all the latest news and guides on these games and more, stay tuned to Charlie INTEL!
Image Credit: Avalanche Software / WB Games Montreal / Nintendo / Game Freak / Square Enix / Santa Monica Studios / Ubisoft / Activision
Warzone players call for devs to remove Shotguns after Season 3 Reloaded damage nerfs
Many now feel that Warzone's Shotguns are pointless after the damage nerfs that came with the Season 3 Reloaded update.
How to complete FIFA 22 Fabinho & Rodrygo Showdown SBC
Players can secure one or both of Fabinho and Rodrygo as part of the new FIFA 22 Ultimate Team Showdown...
Warzone players satisfied with “amazing” new Squad HUD feature
Warzone Pacific Season 3 Reloaded brought some new content to the game, including a Squad HUD feature which players are...