The latest Game Settings Update for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is live on PS4 and Xbox One with PC to follow shortly.
Operation Absolute Zero debuts in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 first on PlayStation 4, alongside with a host of game fixes and more to both console platforms. Today’s Settings Update address some bugs from the latest patch, alongside bringing new features to all modes.
Check out what’s new and more from Treyarch.
Operation Absolute Zero is now live first on PS4! This huge new Operation delivers tons of new content across all modes:
- Multiplayer: Meet Zero, our newest Specialist armed with devastating hacking abilities, including the new EMP Disruptor grenade.
- Blackout: Black Ops 2’s Hijacked has been added as Blackout’s newest destination, along with the new ARAV armored vehicle and new IX Zombies Character Missions to find and complete.
- Zombies: Three new Zombies features are now live – Daily Callings, the Black Ops Authenticity Stamp system, and Daily Tier Skips for Zombies on all platforms (PC coming soon).
- Black Market: A revamped 100-Tier system for simpler and more rewarding progression is here, featuring new earnable Blackout characters, Mastercrafts, Epic Outfits, Reactive Camos, Weapon Camos, and new Multiplayer weapons: the Daemon 3XB SMG, SWAT RFT assault rifle, and Secret Santa melee weapon.
And for Black Ops Pass holders, we’ve launched our first drop of content, including two new Multiplayer Maps, a new Zombies experience, and the newest exclusive Blackout character first on PS4:
- Multiplayer Maps: Elevation and Madagascar join the map rotation, now playable in our new Map Pack Moshpit this week on PS4.
- Dead of the Night: Party up to take on a chilling new Zombies adventure set in 1912 England, featuring a full celebrity cast (Kiefer Sutherland, Helena Bonham Carter, Brian Blessed, and Charles Dance) and a host of deadly new enemies, traps, special weapons, Easter Eggs, and much more to discover.
- Reaper Arrives in Blackout: “Safety protocols disengaged.” Everyone’s favorite experimental war robot from Black Ops 3 drops into Blackout to murder everything.
New MP playlists have arrived today as well, including Blackjack’s Gun Game on PS4 featuring the new Daemon 3XB SMG and SWAT RFT assault rifle, as well as Map Pack Moshpit for Black Ops Pass holders who want to grind the latest MP maps.
We’ve also heard our Mercenary players loud and clear, and we’re adding at least one Mercenary playlist to the Featured category each week for the foreseeable future. Mercenary Deathmatch Moshpit joins the fray this week, including TDM 85 and Kill Confirmed 75 with no parties allowed.
- Zero added for use in MP and Blackout (PS4)
- Hijacked, ARAV, new weapons, and IX Zombies Character Missions added in Blackout (PS4)
- Revamped Black Market with 100 Tiers, including new weapons (PS4)
- Daily Callings, Black Ops Authenticity Stamp, Daily Tier Skips added to Zombies (PS4/Xbox One)
- MP Featured Playlists updated (PS4/Xbox One)
- Prophet’s Tempest now requires more accuracy to hit targets (PS4/Xbox One)
- Fixes for Dark Matter bug and Zero-related crashes in MP (PS4/Xbox One)
- Prestigious Award fix in Zombies (PS4/Xbox One)
- Black Ops Pass content added: 2 new MP Maps, new Zombies experience, Reaper in Blackout (PS4)
We’ve made the following updates on PS4 with Operation Absolute Zero:
- Zero added as a playable character unlocked at Tier 1 in the Black Market.
- Fixed crashes related to Zero’s Equipment. [updated 4PM PT]
- Black Ops Pass Content
- Madagascar and Elevation playable for Black Ops Pass holders.
Introducing the ARAV, Blackout’s first combat-centric vehicle. The ARAV is a three-player vehicle featuring three positions:
- The ARAV is the second-fastest land vehicle behind the ATV in pure speed, and is the 2nd-toughest vehicle after the Cargo Truck. While it can shrug off a few bullets, ARAV drivers still need to be mindful of explosives and rockets headed their direction.
- As the passenger, players have the option of staying seated within the safety of the cabin, or leaning out the window to initiate combat with scavenged weapons and equipment. Players enter the Passenger Seat with weapons lowered and equipment unavailable.
- To change from sitting in the seat to leaning out the window, press Aim Down Sights (ADS), Fire, or Use Equipment buttons.
- To re-enter the vehicle when leaning out, press the Re-enter or Switch Seat button.
- Players can heal from within the confines of the ARAV passenger seat without transitioning to leaning out. While leaning out, players still have full use of their weapons and equipment.
- Turret Gunner
- In the Turret position, players are placed on a mounted machine gun with 360-degree aim, perfect for providing suppressing fire or firing on enemy vehicles.
- Turret firing is metered by two mechanics: Overheat and Durability.
- Overheat: Extended firing will cause the turret to overheat and be temporarily disabled. The turret will be usable again after it has cooled down.
- Durability: The turret will become permanently disabled over time. Keep an eye on the turret itself, as it will begin to pour smoke and ultimately catch fire when its durability is reduced to zero and can no longer be used.
- Hijacked has been added to the map, docked just outside of the Construction Site.
- This “well-known” luxury yacht has received some much-needed improvements, featuring a helipad as a possible helicopter spawn point, as well as a possible vehicle spawn.
- Made improvements to mantling in Hijacked location [updated 4PM PT]
- Zero added as a playable character once unlocked at Tier 1 in the Black Market (no Character Mission required).
- IX Zombies Character Missions now available to find and complete to play as Gladiator versions of Scarlett, Diego, Bruno, and Shaw.
- For 24 hours, Firing Range contains an over-abundance of new weapons.
- New ranged weapons also come in “gold” variants, fully loaded with attachments.
- Once the 24-hour time-period is up, new ranged weapons will be found in the world at the normal item spawn frequency.
Black Ops Pass Content
- Reaper added as a playable character for Black Ops Pass holders.
- Black Ops Pass Content
- Dead of the Night now live for Black Ops Pass holders.
- Black Market Revamp
- 100 clearly-defined Tiers for streamlined progression.
- New item categories and more diverse content, including new weapons, Reactive Camos, Weapon Camos, Reticles, Mastercrafts, and more.
- Reserves now start at Tier 101.
- New shared Warpaints that can be equipped with different outfits across different Themes on the same Specialist.
- New Zero Specialist unlocked at Tier 1.
- New Weapons
- Daemon 3XB
- 3-round burst, 0.45 cal. submachine gun.
- Fast cyclical rate of fire with improved hip fire accuracy.
- SWAT RFT
- 5.56 assault rifle.
- Moderate recoil and a fast rate of fire.
- Secret Santa
- A festive melee weapon for the holiday season.
- Daemon 3XB
PS4 AND XBOX ONE
In addition to the changes in our new 1.09 title update, the following changes are also now live on PS4 and Xbox One, with PC to follow:
- Featured Playlists
- Blackjack’s Gun Game added as Featured Playlist (PS4).
- Gun Game with 3 new Operation Absolute Zero weapons added to rotation.
- Map Pack Moshpit added to Featured for Black Ops Pass holders (PS4).
- Maps: Elevation, Madagascar.
- Game Modes: Team Deathmatch, Domination, Kill Confirmed, Hardpoint.
- Mercenary Capture Moshpit added as Featured Playlist (Xbox One).
- Game Modes: Domination, Control, Hardpoint
- Mercenary Deathmatch Moshpit added to Featured.
- Game Modes: Team Deathmatch, Kill Confirmed.
- 6v6, no parties allowed.
- Deathmatch Moshpit added to Featured.
- Game Modes: Team Deathmatch, Kill Confirmed.
- Blackjack’s Gun Game added as Featured Playlist (PS4).
- Tempest now requires more accuracy to hit its target.
- Dark Matter
- Addressed an issue players experienced with keeping Dark Matter equipped from match to match. [updated 4PM PT]
- Daily Callings
- Daily Callings added to the Barracks in Zombies.
- Players can complete new Daily Callings challenges for bonus Zombies XP and Nebulium Plasma each day.
- Black Ops Authenticity Stamp
- Black Ops Authenticity Stamp feature added to the After Action Report after each match.
- Players can enter their unique 4-word code generated in the After Action Report at http://callofduty.com/boasto share their accomplishments with the world.
- Stats tracked include:
- Number of kills, deaths, downs, revives, headshots, and rounds survived.
- Map selection, game type, numbers of players, and difficulty attempted.
- Special Weapons, Equipment, and Talismans used.
- Perks and Elixirs equipped.
- Number of Elixirs consumed.
- Match duration, score spent, final score, and more.
- Daily Tier Skip
- Added Daily Tier Skip credit for reaching Round 15 in a game of Classic Zombies each day (now live on both consoles).
- Fixed a crash that occurred when upgrading the Blundergat to the Magmagat.
- Prestigious Award
- Now properly tracks progress for attaining max level or Prestige with 25 different weapons in Zombies.
- Prestigious Award
Video shows off drastic evolution of Call of Duty Zombies from World at War to Cold War
This one is for the dedicated Zombies fans who have been around since Nacht der Untoten, as this video celebrates the evolution of Call of Duty Zombies.
For those Zombies fans who have been there from the start, here’s a great way to reminisce and relive the Call of Duty Zombies experience we all hold so dearly.
Call of Duty Zombies is still around in today’s Call of Duty, surviving ever since the 2008 classic World at War that started that fan-favorite game mode.
Although a lot has changed since then, players still love the mode, and what better way to bring back good old memories than this video showing the evolution of Zombies.
The video is by Evolution List on YouTube, a channel dedicated to showing the evolution of various games that have stood the test of time.
In the video, fans are given a walkthrough of Zombies from 2008 all the way to 2021, with Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War being the latest entry in the high-profile Call of Duty franchise to feature a Zombies game mode that recently saw its newest map, Mauer der Toten, added in the Season 4 Reloaded update.
Although the video is fairly short, spanning only 5 minutes, viewers are given one classic Zombies map from each Call of Duty game that possessed Zombies.
Evolution of Zombies video
Although the mode was mostly in Treyarch-developed Call of Duty games, there have been many variations of the mode, with the video also including WWII’s Zombies, Advanced Warfare’s Exo Zombies, CoD Mobile’s Zombies, and Infinite Warfare’s Zombies.
Some of the classic maps showcased include:
- World at War’s Nacht der Untoten
- Black Ops’ Five
- Black Ops 3’s Shadows of Evil
- Black Ops 4’s IX
Of course, there are many other maps shown in the video, but we don’t want to spoil it all!
If you’re a fan of Zombies, this is a great watch so make sure to check out the video below.
Image Credits: Treyarch / Activision / Evolution List
Call of Duty players want a Battlefield Portal inspired mode in the future
After FPS fans were blown away by Battlefield Portal’s reveal, Call of Duty fans want to see a similar mode in the future.
Battlefield 2042’s REDACTED mode was finally announced at EA Play: Battlefield Portal. This is a hub for content from previous Battlefield games, and Call of Duty players want to see a similar mode in the future.
Like Battlefield, Call of Duty has depicted various theatres of war over the years, both real and fictional. Although Battlefield 2042 is set in the near future, as a throwback for long-time fans of the franchise, they’ve included Battlefield Portal.
This brings weapons, maps, vehicles, and more from Battlefield 1942, Bad Company 2, and Battlefield 3 into one, ultimate sandbox experience. Impressed with the new mode, Call of Duty fans have been asking for a similar experience.
Call of Duty fans have been desperate for remasters of their favorite games from the franchise, with Modern Warfare 2’s multiplayer being the most prominent. Black Ops Cold War is chock-full of maps from Black Ops 2, but players still want to see more content from the games they grew up with.
Battlefield 2042 found the solution to this with their new Portal mode. With access to a ton of content from previous Battlefield games, players can create almost any custom game mode they can dream up.
“And that’s how you incorporate remastered content into your game,” said renowned industry insider Tom Henderson after seeing the reveal. He followed this by theorizing that Call of Duty will create something similar in the “next 5 years.”
His theory was met with resounding excitement, with many Call of Duty players wanting to see their favorite multiplayer and Zombies experiences return in the same way.
Battlefield Portal “truly could be the next BIG THING for creators,” said popular YouTuber Chaosxsilencer. “Imagine a Call of Duty Portal with BO2, BO3, WaW, MW2, MW3 assets all usable and customizable.”
“The custom game options available with #BATTLEFIELD2042 and the Battlefield Portal are amazing. So many options and ways to be creative and have fun,” said Call of Duty news account ModernWarzone. “@RavenSoftware we need things like this in Warzone, especially with Battlefield announcing this today.”
With how extensive of a backlog Call of Duty has, it’s very likely that Activision will take inspiration from Battlefield’s exciting new mode – and the demand for it is certainly there.
If you can’t wait to play Battlefield 2042, you can check out how to get access to the Open Beta in September.
Image Credit: Activision / EA
Zombies World Record beaten after nearly 300 hours of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
It took one Twitch streamer nearly 300 hours of gameplay to beat the World Record for Black Ops 3’s Nacht Der Untoten Zombies.
One player has done the unthinkable and beaten the Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Nacht Der Untoten Zombies World Record by reaching round 255.
Zombies has a storied history dating all the way back to 2008 when Call of Duty: World at War came bundled with a bonus mini-game called ‘Nacht der Untoten.’ The legendary Nazi Zombies mode would go on to reach ridiculous levels of popularity to the point that Treyarch had to make extra Zombies maps.
Since then, virtually every single CoD title has included new versions and variations of the Zombies formula. Black Ops Cold War is currently enjoying the launch of Mauer Der Toten, the freshest Zombies experience.
However, one Twitch streamer has overlooked modern Zombies in favor of a previous game – Black Ops 3. After 20 days of playing the same game of Nacht Der Untoten on and off, a new World Record was set.
The feat was accomplished by CoD Zombies Twitch streamer TomPhantasy as he smashed the previous record by a staggering 40 rounds to reach Round 255.
Beginning his run on July 2, he spent the next 20 days clocking up nearly 300 hours of game time to obliterate the previous Nacht Der Untoten record.
Remarkably, he was only downed twice, and they both came once he’d surpassed the record figure anyway.
The final seconds of the footage are of the streamer clearing up the last few dregs of Zombies until the round icon in the bottom-left changes to 255.
This absolutely smashes the previous record of 216 rounds set by user Chihiro-516, and may never be beaten.
Dexerto was even able to secure an exclusive word with the streamer to get more reaction to his feat: “The Zombies community has been supporting me for months when I have been attempting this record through the highs and lows,” he said.
He continued: “I knew I had to keep going, because after 24.8 days the game freezes, This meant I had to play 13+ hours per day for those 25 days.”
Massive congratulations need to go to the player who was able to gut his way through an arduous three weeks of Zombies. With Mauer Der Toten very much the new Zombies craze, we wonder if he will one day attempt to set the record for it.
Also, for some more incredible accomplishments, check out the Cold War player who reached 10th Prestige without killing a single player.
Image Credit: Activision / TomPhantasy
Fortnite Rift Tour event: Schedule, quests, rewards & more
The Fortnite Rift Tour event is going to be bringing a ton of musical excitement to the popular game, and...
Modern Warfare players want one change for Ground War to fix spawn trapping
Modern Warfare players are calling for the developers to make a change in the Ground War mode to help ease...
Battlefield 2042 will not have a Rental Server Program
Battlefield 2042 will release without a Rental Server Program, leaving some players and fans alike disappointed with the news.