Treyarch has released the latest Game Settings Update for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 on PS4 and Xbox One, and released a full patch update for PC players.
The newest game settings update brings a holiday theme event to Black Ops 4’s Blackout mode, Winter Calling event for Zombies, and the Winter Stream in Black Market for PlayStation 4 players.
PC players have also now gotten the newest patch update that went live on consoles earlier this week, and Treyarch has shared details on that update and why the update was behind consoles.
Happy holidays from Treyarch! Today, we’ve kicked off our Holiday Event in Blackout, our Winter Event stream in the Black Market, and the new Winter Calling in Zombies first on PS4 – and to celebrate, we’re giving players on all platforms 2XP in MP and Zombies and 2X Merits in Blackout all weekend long starting tomorrow, Dec. 14 at 10AM PT!
We’re also happy to announce our newest limited-time mode in Blackout: Close Quarters Frenzy is coming to all platforms this weekend, Dec. 14-17 10AM PT! Fight to outlast a faster Collapse using close-quarters weapons – shotguns, SMGs, pistols, and melee are your only means of survival. Good luck out there.
We’ve also launched our PC 1.09 update today, with full patch notes below including new PC-specific Blackout adjustments. A quick note on PC release schedules:
- Because we’ve made PC a priority this year with a dedicated studio team and more support for PC-exclusive options and features than ever before, we’re committed to taking the time to make sure each update is thoroughly tuned and tested before we release each update on PC. This will typically require a later release time for PC compared to its console counterparts, and we’ll always target a release window of within 24 hours of a console patch.
- In the case of bigger title updates, such as this week’s massive 1.09 update (as opposed to smaller game settings changes), it can take longer than 24 hours to thoroughly test and approve new PC content, especially when there are additional PC-exclusive changes included. Even one change specific to the PC version can introduce new bugs that often prove tricky to nail down and squash. This was the case in 1.09, and the driving factor behind this update going live on a Thursday.
- We hope this look behind the curtain provides more insight into the release process behind PC updates and (just some of) the reasons why updates will rarely release across all platforms at the exact same time. Thanks for your patience, PC players – 2019 is looking to be a stellar year for Black Ops 4 on PC.
Finally, we’re aware of an in-game issue with some previously-acquired Warpaints not displaying in the Personalization menu, and are actively working on a fix for an upcoming update. Hang tight!
- Blackout Holiday Event: Snowballs, festive lighting/decorations, and holiday-themed Supply Stashes (PS4)
- Winter Event Stream in Black Market for MP and Blackout (PS4)
- Winter Calling in Zombies (PS4)
- PC 1.09 title update
- Zombies stability/exploit fixes for Dead of the Night
- MP stability improvements for Zero’s Ice Pick
- Fixed stuck flare issue in Blackout
We’ve made the following updates today on PS4:
- Limited-time Winter Event stream now live in the Black Market with new items to unlock for use in Multiplayer and Blackout.
- Holiday Event now live in Blackout, first on PS4.
- Added Snowballs, holiday lighting & decorations, and holiday-themed Supply Stashes.
- Character Missions
- Addressed an issue with the Character Mission for the IX version of Shaw that prevented one of the mission requirements from registering.
- Limited-time Winter Calling event stream now live with new items to unlock in the Zombies Barracks.
- Dead of the Night
- Fixed some crashes that could occur during the Pack-a-Punch Quest.
- Closed an exploit where players could reach a safe area in the East Stairway.
- Closed an exploit where players could reach a safe area in the Forest.
- Close some exploits where players could get into safe areas using Nowhere But There.
- Fixed multiple crashes that could occur related to Zero’s Ice Pick.
- Addressed an issue where targeting reticles would still be visible when controlling a Mantis that had been hit by an EMP Disruptor.
- Addressed an issue where controlling a Mantis that was hit with an EMP Disruptor, exiting the Mantis, then re-entering the Mantis could cause it to lose functionality.
- Added a scrollbar and numbers to the Dark Ops Challenges screen to point out additional challenges off-screen.
- Fixed a missing image for the Handling Master Challenge in the After Action Report.
- Addressed an issue that prevented some Reactive Camos from progressing if attachments were equipped.
- Repairs done on Armor will no longer disappear if that Armor had been previously worn by another player, then dropped after being repaired.
- Fixed a potential crash that could occur while downed.
- Addressed an issue that would cause a red flare and smoke to stay on players after they landed.
- Some previously-acquired Warpaints now properly display in the updated Character Customization menus (remaining Warpaints to come in an upcoming fix).
- Addressed an issue that would cause UI Errors to appear when scrolling to Melee weapons in Paintshop.
In additions to the changes in the “All Platforms” section above, we’ve made the following updates in the 1.09 PC title update:
- Featured Playlists
- Mercenary Capture Moshpit added as Featured Playlist.
- Game Modes: Domination, Control, Hardpoint
- Mercenary Deathmatch Moshpit added to Featured.
- Game Modes: Team Deathmatch, Kill Confirmed.
- 6v6, no parties allowed.
- Deathmatch Moshpit added to Featured.
- Game Modes: Team Deathmatch, Kill Confirmed.
- Hardcore Free-For-All added to Featured.
- Domination added to Featured.
- Mercenary Capture Moshpit added as Featured Playlist.
- Increased melee detection range for melee weapons, including the Bayonet and Stiletto Knife Operator Mods.
- Reduced ADS flinch mitigation (also applies in Blackout and Zombies).
- Reduced Tempest ammo count from 14 to 10.
- Tempest now requires more accuracy to hit its target.
- Purifier now more reliably connects with enemies.
- Increased Annihilator earn rate.
- EKIA credit can now carry over after respawning when a player damages an enemy and dies before their teammate finishes that enemy off.
- EKIA credit will now clear after 5 seconds from last damage dealt.
- Custom Games
- Added Nuketown to the Custom Games map list.
- Added Gun Game to the Custom Games mode list.
- Added Safeguard to the Custom Games mode list.
- Addressed an issue in Search & Destroy Custom Games with higher round limits ending after the 4th round.
- Addressed an issue that prevented activating a second RC-XD after one was already used.
- Drone Squadron
- Start-of-round restriction timer is now applied to the Drone Squadron.
- Resolved an issue where some Gunship shots could impact the Gunship aircraft.
- Not Outgunned
- Not Outgunned Challenge now properly tracks progress in Heist and Control.
- Ninja Challenge now properly tracks progress in Heist.
- Surf’s Up
- Surf’s Up Challenge now properly tracks progress in Domination around contested points.
- Threat Neutralized
- Threat Neutralized Challenge now properly tracks Lightning Strike kills in Domination.
- Threat Neutralized Challenge now properly tracks progress in Control.
- Not Outgunned
- Weapon Camos
- Modified requirements for Diamond and Dark Matter active visual stages to transition every 5 kills (not only kills without dying) and not reset on death.
- Modified Killathon Reactive Camo to activate visual stages every 5 kills (not only kills without dying) and not reset on death.
- Stability – Fixed crashes that could occur:
- When launching Custom Games with Custom Classes or Specialist Draft disabled.
- When a player disconnected while escorting the Robot in Safeguard.
- When attempting to attribute score to players that disconnected.
- When a disconnected enemy caused damage to a player’s equipment in certain circumstances.
- When the player’s Attack Helicopter was destroyed.
- When attempting to destroy a vehicle when out of bounds.
- Addressed an issue where players with Diamond Camo equipped could face a different direction in third person.
- Addressed an issue where attempting to fire an empty weapon could leave the shot count at 1, preventing the use of the Mesh Mine.
- Addressed an issue where the NVIR Optic could cause the Engineer Perk to malfunction if the player switched between classes.
- Secondary weapons now show in the Specialist Draft if no primary weapon is equipped.
- Reduced situations that could make footsteps nearly inaudible.
- Specific materials and buildings should now affect sound more realistically.
- Terrain should now properly affect sounds.
- Garage doors now affect properly when opening and closing them.
- Rebalanced the distances at which players can hear first hear someone approaching.
- Unified distances related to certain movement types – for example, sliding should now be heard about the same distance as other player movement sounds.
- Gameplay Modifiers
- Adjusted Awareness and Dead Silence Perks accordingly to reflect new distance settings for footstep audio.
- Lowered reverb on third-person footsteps, which helps with the player’s understanding of the overall location those footsteps are coming from. This is especially true when wearing headphones/playing in stereo and not in 5.1.
- First and Third Person
- Further lowered the first-person footstep volume that players hear themselves make.
- Further lowered volume of teammates’ footsteps.
- Decreased first-person weapon audio slightly to balance with third-person weapons heard by others.
- Jumping into water no longer sounds louder than it should.
- Lowered volume on the main ambient audio track (the overall sound made by the environment that players always hear), allowing subtler gameplay cues to be more audible more often, including footsteps.
- Reduced volume and distance that garage doors can be heard from.
- Modified volume and distances that opening Stashes can be heard from.
- Armor Plates
- Added Armor Plates to repair damaged Armor, which are applied from your Inventory.
- It takes approximately two seconds to use an Armor Plate to repair a segment of damaged Armor.
- One Armor Plate will repair a single Armor pip, regardless of Armor level.
- PC players can assign the Armor Repair action in the Game Mode Specific section. New players or those who choose to reset keybinds will have Repair Armor bound to Q.
- Armor Plates are located in enemy Death Stashes after destroying the Armor of an opponent, in Equipment Stashes, and more rarely, on the ground as a lootable item.
- Armor durability has been increased, allowing Armor to last longer through an engagement.
- Armor durability indicators have been updated to display individual pips of Armor.
- Damage Mitigation
- The percentage of damage that Armor mitigates has not been changed. As we monitor how these changes to Armor affect gameplay in Blackout, we will continue to evaluate damage mitigation values.
- Armor Plates
- Map Changes
- Added seasonal changes to foliage and softer winter lighting across the entire map.
- Hydro Dam
- Added elevators to allow players to get up and down in alternative ways.
- Provided additional cover on the rooftops of both major buildings.
- Opened additional rooms between the generator buildings.
- Opened previously sealed buildings to offer additional looting opportunities.
- Added new pipes to allow players to navigate between structures in alternative ways.
- Some previously closed train cars are now accessible.
- Several new containers are now accessible.
- Nuketown Island
- Opened up some previously closed garages throughout Nuketown Island.
- Map Boundaries
- Expanded and improved upon boundaries on all sides of the map to be more consistent with the physical indicator of those boundaries seen inside the map, including the fence along the northern boundary of the map, power lines along the eastern side of the map, and pipeline along the southern border of the map.
- The mini-map now reflects the location of these boundaries.
- Weapon Balance
- Reduced damage.
- Increased ADS time in and out.
- Increased recoil.
- Reduced damage.
- Increased recoil.
- Addressed an issue where the weapon scope would shake on Very High Anti-Aliasing.
- Smoke Trails
- Added Smoke Trails to wingsuits during initial infiltration to give players a better sense of how many people are dropping near their location.
- Zombies in Blackout
- Zombies will now have a chance to drop ammo when killed.
- Smoke Trails
- Daily Callings
- Daily Callings added to the Barracks in Zombies.
- Players can complete new Daily Callings challenges for bonus Zombies XP and Nebulium Plasma each day.
- Black Ops Authenticity Stamp
- Black Ops Authenticity Stamp feature added to the After Action Report after each match.
- Players can enter their unique 4-word code generated in the After Action Report at http://callofduty.com/boas to share their accomplishments with the world.
- Daily Tier Skip
- Added Daily Tier Skip credit for completing 15 rounds in a game of Classic Zombies each day.
- Daily Callings
- High Rounds
- Fixes for multiple memory leaks and other issues that could lead to crashes at high rounds in all maps.
- General – Fixed crashes that could occur:
- During respawn after the Join The Party Elixir or Charm of Impatience Talisman was used.
- When every player disconnected before the match started.
- When the player disconnected while certain audio played.
- When sharing a Mystery Box weapon.
- In rare cases when using the Scepter of Ra.
- In rare cases when enemies transformed into Catalysts or Blightfathers.
- In rare cases when taking damage to Armor.
- In rare cases when a player disconnected after using a trap.
- Voyage of Despair – Fixed crashes that could occur:
- During steps 4 or 7 of the Main Quest.
- When the player disconnected while using the Kraken.
- When shocking a zombie with Kill-O-Watt while it was transforming into a Catalyst.
- When a player disconnected while reviving another player.
- In rare cases when using the Sentry or Ragnarok DG-5.
- IX – Fixed crashes that could occur:
- In rare cases while Perk statues randomly cycled.
- In rare cases while using the Hammer of Valhalla.
- In rare cases during special rounds in IX.
- In rare cases when using Serpent’s Kiss on large group of Zombies.
- Blood of the Dead – Fixed crashes that could occur:
- When killing the Warden during the Michigan Avenue ghost escort due to a memory leak that could occur.
- In certain cases during step 3 of Main Quest.
- In rare cases when throwing the Hell’s Retriever at the bird during step 2 of the Main Quest.
- In rare cases when using the Acid Trap in the Cafeteria.
- In rare cases during the prison breakout step in the Main Quest.
- In rare sound-related cases tied to the Spectral Shield.
- In Theater Mode while spectating Richtofen when initiating the Magmagat quest.
- Classified – Fixed crashes that could occur:
- When entering codes during the Classified Wonder Weapon quest.
- In rare cases when using teleporters.
- High Rounds
- Prestigious Award
- Now properly tracks progress for attaining max level or Prestige with 25 different weapons in Zombies.
- Prestigious Award
- Character Customization
- Warpaints can now be equipped with outfits across different Themes on the same Specialist without having to own a corresponding outfit.
- Character Personalization menu updated to separate Outfits from Warpaints, with larger display of items.
- Weapon Camos
- Camos (Multiplayer & Zombies) and Reactive Camos (Multiplayer) obtained through the Black Market can now be equipped in the Weapon Personalization menu via the Black Market tab.
- Weapon Reticles
- Reticles obtained through the Black Market can now be equipped in the Reticle Personalization menu via the Black Market tab.
- Options (Global)
- Added gamepad ADS Sensitivity Options for both high zoom optics and regular weapons.
- Specialist HQ
- Improved stability with Ajax’s Combat Training mission.
Is Black Ops 2 being remastered? Rumors & leaks
Fans have been wondering for sometime if CoD: Black Ops 2 is going to be remastered, and we’ll answer that today.
Several Call of Duty games have received the remaster treatment in recent years, and it’s left fans wondering if the mega-popular Black Ops 2 will get one. Here are all the latest rumors and leaks regarding a Black Ops 2 remaster.
The popularity of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 simply cannot be understated with the game being considered the greatest of all time by many. But fast-forward to 2021, and players want to know if this beloved entry in the CoD franchise will be remastered.
The premise of Call of Duty remasters was kickstarted by the 2016 Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Remastered title. Since then, we’ve also had the Modern Warfare 2 campaign be remastered, and there are rumors of Modern Warfare 3 being remastered, despite Activision saying it isn’t.
Is Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 being remastered?
From what we understand, no, not at this time. There is absolutely nothing to suggest that any form of Black Ops remaster is in the works.
Naturally, people would think that Treyarch’s Black Ops may receive the same love that the Modern Warfare franchise has gotten, but alas it doesn’t seem to be the case.
Why isn’t Black Ops 2 being remastered?
We believe there could be two strong reasons for Black Ops 2 not being remastered, one being that it would oversaturate the CoD market, and also that we’ve already seen a few of its maps recently.
One of the problems 2016’s Infinite Warfare suffered from is that it released with the full Call of Duty 4 remaster, and consequently, the player base was divided between the two games.
Furthermore, Black Ops Cold War featured no less than seven Black Ops 2 map remasters throughout its multiple seasons, and they feel too fresh in the memory to warrant a remaster of the multiplayer.
We could see a remaster of the Black Ops campaigns, following the successful rerelease of the Modern Warfare 2 campaign.
Activision may have some surprises and remasters up their sleeves, but for the time being, we can only speculate and ask you to keep checking in to see if anything becomes official.
Also, check out everything we know about Call of Duty: Vanguard.
Image Credit: Activision / Treyarch
Infinity Ward announces new Austin office as studio gears up for CoD 2022
The original Call of Duty developer, Infinity Ward, is expanding its operations via a new office in Austin, Texas for CoD 2022.
One of the three developers behind the Call of Duty franchise is getting a new office. Infinity Ward is expanding its operations via a new office in Austin, Texas, in preparation for CoD 2022.
Infinity Ward is the developer behind the original Call of Duty game. Activision founded Infinity Ward in 2002, with the first Call of Duty title being released in 2003. This birthed one of the most iconic video game franchises to date.
Infinity Ward would go on to develop Call of Duty 2 in 2005 before alternating developers. Now, Infinity Ward is known for developing the Modern Warfare titles, which are released roughly every three years.
With Infinity Ward releasing the last Modern Warfare title in 2019, the developer is gearing up for another release in 2022. We don’t know what CoD 2022 will be just yet, but we do know that Infinity Ward is expanding its operations with a new office.
Infinity Ward Austin Texas office
Today, Infinity Ward announced via Twitter that it would be opening a new office in Austin, Texas. This would be the fourth development hub for the company, with the other three being located in Los Angeles, Poland, and Mexico.
- Read More: Warzone Season 6 will be the end of Verdansk
This also means that Infinity Ward is hiring. According to Infinity Ward, the Austin office is currently hiring for all positions, and you can find all of the available jobs posted on the Infinity Ward website.
Call of Duty: Vanguard releases in less than a month. It’s taking players back to WWII, where Infinity Ward is expected to bring the franchise back to modern times, with CoD 2022 speculated to be a sequel to Modern Warfare 2019.
That being said, we have no official idea what to expect from Infinity Ward going into 2022, but with the significant success of Modern Warfare 2019, it will no doubt be a Call of Duty game plenty of players will love.
Regardless, Infinity Ward is planning something big, and the new office proves just that. So, if Vanguard isn’t your cup of tea, CoD 2022 is just a year away.
Image Credits: Infinity Ward / Activision
Biggest AAA video games coming in 2022: PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch, PC, Stadia & Steam
2022 could be a huge year for video games and here’s all the biggest titles coming to PlayStation, Xbox, Switch, and more – with dates.
2022 is shaping up to be a massive year for video games. Between franchises such as God of War, Gran Turismo, Horizon, Pokemon, and Harry Potter, the PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch, PC, and Stadia have some mammoth titles to host. Here’s an extensive look into the biggest games and potential release dates too.
The beginning of 2022 will signal over a year since the PS5, and Xbox Series X took video games to the ninth generation of consoles. Developers have had plenty of time to chew the fat and harness the power of the consoles to create immense AAA experiences.
There’s also plenty of mileage left for the Nintendo Switch, and of course, PC, Stadia, and Steam are always on the march.
PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC, Steam & Stadia video games in 2022
Some genuinely iconic franchises and household names are expected to launch video games in 2022, so here’s a look at the top AAA video games coming in 2022.
God of War: Ragnarok release date: 2022
Players got a juicy look at the next epic adventure in Santa Monica’s God of War franchise during the 2021 PlayStation Experience. Kratos and Atreus are set to battle with Freya, possibly Thor, and their own demons.
God of War Ragnarok looks like it’s expanded upon the reboot to incorporate more NPCs, more spectacular gameplay, and a gripping narrative that will test the bond between father and son.
Horizon Forbidden West release date: February 18, 2022
Aloy is one of the standout protagonists in gaming during modern times, and her post-apocalyptic adventures are set to continue in Horizon Forbidden West.
She seeks to uncover even more truth and learn about the state of the world she resides in, all the while battling even more dangerous robotic creatures and nature itself.
Elden Ring release date: January 21, 2022
One of the first games to arrive in 2022, Elden Ring is the next sinister and challenging game to come from the sadistic bunch at FromSoftware.
Their track record at producing brutal yet satisfying RPGs will be tested in the form of Elden Ring, their newest ‘Souls’ game. Unlike previous FromSoftware games, there seems to be a much deeper emphasis on the story with Game of Thrones creator George R. R. Martin on board to help with the narrative.
Pokemon Legends: Arceus release date: January 28, 2022
Unlike the typical dual-releases that Pokemon specializes in, Pokemon Legends: Arceus is a standalone game that continues the growth shown in recent, mainline Pokemon titles.
Embracing the open-world nature of 2020’s Pokemon Sword and Shield, Arceus is a brand new adventure that will involve all the familiar, beloved elements of Pokemon games: obtaining them, training them, leveling them, and catching them all!
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Extraction release date: January 2022
Another spin-off, this time from the team at Ubisoft as they take a drastic turn away from the realism of simulated combat.
Instead, Rainbow Six Extraction delves into the world of the unknown, and non-human, as teams of three pull together to take down alien creatures called Archaeans. It will feature lots of the same gameplay mechanics and Operators from Siege, but with a darker, deadly twist.
Dying Light 2 release date: February 4, 2022
The long-awaited sequel to the hit 2015 survival-adventure game, Dying Light 2 promises to bring more parkour-zombie-survival action that made the first such a breakout success.
Offering more open-world exploration, the player must scavenge, forge friendships (and weapons), and deal with both friendly and hostile forces.
As with the first Dying Light, players need to make the most of the precious daylight before night strikes, as the undead gets a bit more fidgety and murderous.
Gran Turismo 7 release date: March 4, 2022
Polyphony Digital is infamous for taking their time between each Gran Turismo release to ensure every one is as polished as can be, and the PS5 looks set to make Gran Turismo 7 one of the best-looking games ever.
Like with God of War Ragnarok, the 2021 PlayStation Experience gave fans a glimpse into the high-speed action they can expect with Gran Turismo 7.
It’s learned from its predecessor’s mistakes and will launch with a complete career mode, and could be a bonafide system-seller for Sony and the PlayStation brand.
Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 release date: 2022
It wouldn’t be a stretch to say that Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 could easily be one of the most anticipated games of all time.
Breath of the Wild took the world by storm in 2017 with its rich, expressive world that deviated from the conventions of traditional Zelda games. Many millions of copies sold later, and fans everywhere are desperate for the next chapter for Link in this gorgeous, sprawling version of Hyrule.
Call of Duty 2022 release date: 2022
It wouldn’t be a year of video games without a major Call of Duty release, and we expect 2022 to be no different.
Given that there’s already a buzz about Call of Duty 2023, we would say it’s safe to assume that another Call of Duty game will release in 2022.
With Vanguard being set in World War 2, rumors are rife that the 2022 Call of Duty will be a Modern Warfare sequel.
Gotham Knights release date: 2022
A Gotham City without the caped crusader is a strange thought, but that’s the threat that faces it as Bruce Wayne is dead.
In Batman’s place, his former proteges need to step up and protect Gotham, batting away any threats of crime perpetrated by some of its most evil supervillains. Featuring co-operative mode, players can take control of these plucky heroes and hopefully do Batman proud.
Hogwarts Legacy release date: 2022
There have been many Harry Potter movie tie-in games, but there still hasn’t been an authentic RPG experience that lets you become your own wizard – until now.
Hogwarts Legacy will let fans worldwide finally live out their dream of attending Hogwarts, and the game allows players to select their House, the classes they do, and customize their character, all the while fighting monsters and completing quests.
That completes our guide to the biggest and most anticipated video games that are due to arrive in 2022.
For all the latest news and guides on these games and more, stay with us at Charlie INTEL!
Image Credit: Avalanche Software, WB Games Montreal, Nintendo, Polyphony Digital, Techland, Game Freak, FromSoftware, Guerrilla Games, Santa Monica Studios, Ubisoft
New CoD: Vanguard weapon and Multiplayer map teased by PlayStation
A new Call of Duty: Vanguard weapon and Multiplayer map has been teased by PlayStation through a brand new Operator...
Two new Call of Duty: Vanguard Operators officially revealed
The most recent news for CoD: Vanguard has revealed two new Operators that will be available in the newest installment...
New Warzone RPD stealth buff makes LMG insanely strong
The Warzone community has recently been discussing what appears to be a stealth buff for the RPD that makes the...