Treyarch has released the latest Game Settings Update for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 on PS4 and Xbox One, alongside Update 1.08 for PC players.
Today’s update brings the new Chaos Domination mode to all platforms as the Featured Playlist, alongside the debut of Safeguard on Xbox One and PC. Xbox One and PC players also get the Origins Zombies Characters unlocked in Blackout with the Blightfather event.
Today’s update delivers our PC 1.08 title update featuring PC-exclusive changes, as well as the debut of TDM 85 in the MP Featured category, Zombies Origins Character Missions and the return of the Blightfather event in Blackout on Xbox One and PC, and additional bug fixes. Though we originally planned to introduce Chaos Control in the Featured category this week, we’ve made the call to swap it out for Chaos Domination while we make some final tweaks. See below for the Chaos Dom rules in the patch notes.
We’re aware of an issue with Aim Assist and Deadshot Dealer not working as intended in Zombies, and we’re continuing to work on a solution for issues players are reporting with Blackout Death Stashes. We will release a fix for both issues once we’ve tested them thoroughly – thanks for your patience.
- PC 1.08 title update including new Mantle option
- TDM 85, Chaos Domination, and Safeguard on all platforms in Featured
- Zombies Origins Character Missions in Blackout on Xbox One/PC
- Blightfather event in Blackout on Xbox One/PC
- Misc. bug fixes in MP, Zombies, and Blackout
- Featured Playlists
- TDM 85 added to Featured.
- Team Deathmatch with a score limit of 85.
- Safeguard added as Featured Playlist (Xbox One/PC); remains in Featured category on PS4.
- Escort the robot into enemy territory to secure the win.
- Chaos Domination added to Featured category.
- Zone capture time reduced to 3 seconds.
- Round score limit increased to 150.
- Match score limit increased to 300.
- Hardcore Kill Confirmed added to Featured category.
- Control added to Featured category.
- TDM 85 added to Featured.
- Addressed an issue where the game could freeze when a player inspected their Player Card immediately after entering a lobby.
- Addressed an issue that prevented players from equipping Warpaints.
- Addressed an issue that could cause players to receive an error after pressing the Deploy button in the Blackout lobby.
- Fixed a crash that could occur if the player lost internet connection or disconnected.
- Character Missions
- Zombies Origins Character Missions (Dempsey, Nikolai, Takeo, Richtofen) available to find and complete.
- Blightfather event enabled in all playlists.
- Reduced the health of the Blightfather in Solo and Duo playlists.
The following updates are live in the game on PC today, including the changes above and in this week’s global 1.08 update, in version 265.44(57).12.0.x.0.24825 :
- Added an option to change Jump/Mantle keybind to only mantle on Second Press.
- Addressed an issue that caused the left navigation arrow to be missing for Custom Classes.
- Fixed a graphical issue that would cause black or white squares to display.
- Fixed an issue where the wrong static reflection could cause some surfaces to appear with improper lighting.
- Temporarily replaced Seaside Sunset and Firing Range Night with standard daytime versions in map rotation to accommodate playlist updates. These night map variants will be re-introduced in a future update.
COD 2020 Teasers: Black Ops 4 Summit map, Treyarch social profile
As we opened our new crates that Activision sent through, Black Ops 4’s Summit map got an update.
The screens in the center of the map in Black Ops 4 turned on which seem to match to what some of our slides show:
There’s also a look at clocks of 4 out of the 5 locations that some of us got as part of the slides to see:
These changes do appear to be new, especially the screens with the targets on them. Analyzing older images of the maps showcase that the screens were not showing the same thing.
In addition, Treyarch has updated their cover photo on social channels.
It’s getting cold out there…
Gameplay from Black Ops 4’s canceled campaign mode revealed
A user on Reddit, r/BlackOps4, has shared what appears to be the very first footage of gameplay from the canceled campaign mode of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, which released in October 2018, was the first Call of Duty game to not have a traditional campaign mode, instead opting to have three online-based modes.
Treyarch insisted throughout the year that they really didn’t have plans for a campaign and were focusing on an online connected experience for Black Ops 4, but many reports and sources described the campaign as being too ambitious and canceled because of issues with development.
On Reddit, a user has shared about two minutes of alpha footage of the gameplay of Black Ops 4’s campaign. The campaign, in alpha-state footage (meaning its not complete), had a very similar HUD to the MP experience of Black Ops 4. The user claims that the campaign and MP were supposed to be connected, and that’s why the HUD is so similar.
The gameplay starts by showing a message of “FIND THE AQUILUS CEO.”
Here’s the gameplay footage:
The user who posted this has not said where they got this gameplay footage as of now. He said he only has this footage, alongside an augmented footage of the engine of BO4, which he is not releasing at this time.
Double XP live in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 through February 6
To celebrate the big game this weekend, Treyarch is activating Double XP Quad Feed in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 this weekend – starting now.
Live in game now is:
- 2XP in MP
- 2XP in Zombies
- 2XP Party Game Moshpit
All of this is live in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. This is live through February 6 at 10AM PT.
For those still enjoying Black Ops 4, enjoy a new XP weekend!
Black Ops Cold War side missions features puzzle to unlock more content
As announced back with the reveal of Black Ops Cold War, the campaign of the game features side missions, alongside...
Black Ops Cold War: PawnTakesPawn site gets new teaser video
The PawnTakesPawn website has been updated with a new tape titled “Open. Drop. Save. Restore.” The new tape, which is...
CharlieIntel Podcast Episode 2 – Black Ops Cold War Alpha Impressions
We’re kicking off the CharlieIntel podcast to dive deep into the latest news and updates in the Call of Duty...