Treyarch has launched the latest Limited Time Mode in Blackout in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 on PlayStation 4 with the new Game Settings Update.
As part of Operation Grand Heist, the new Hot Pursuit LTM is now live in Blackout for players on PS4 to play! The new mode features a game of Cobs and Robbers trying to get money stashes. This new mode features the debut of a new police themed vehicles into Blackout.
Additionally, Operation Grand Heist introduces a new Blackout mode called Hot Pursuit, available now on PlayStation 4 and other platforms to follow. Hot Pursuit is fast-paced and frenetic, and debuts three new vehicles – SUV, muscle car and PBR assault boat, all in special variants themed to Operation Grand Heist – as squads race to supply drops placed around the map containing high-level armor, weapons and grenades to dominate their opponents.
Here’s what’s new today in Black Ops 4:
- Hot Pursuit mode added as Featured Playlist in Blackout on PS4.
- Close Quarters Frenzy Quads added as Featured Playlist in Blackout on Xbox One and PC.
- Parties no longer disband after League Play matches in the World League Hub.
- Additional support for new “MKII” weapons added to Zombies on PS4.
- Black Market progression improvements planned for an update later today.
The following updates are live today on PS4, with other platforms to follow:
- Hot Pursuit
- Hot Pursuit added as the Featured Playlist on PS4.
- 3 new vehicles added: SUV, PBR, and Muscle Car, as well as police variants of the helicopter and ATV.
- New vehicles have special abilities to give players a competitive advantage at the risk of greater exposure.
- Muscle Cars have the ability to spot nearby Supply Stashes and Supply Drops.
- Police vehicles have built-in Sensor Dart functionality when their police sirens are activated, as well as the ability to detect enemy-occupied Muscle Cars.
- Supply Stashes and Supply Drops occur more frequently than normal.
- Players respawn with each circle collapse as long as one teammate is still alive when the next Collapse occurs. Respawns are disabled at the final Collapse.
- Last team standing wins the game.
- Addressed an issue where the “Battle Hardened” Calling Card would lock after Prestiging.
- Improved the reticle transition while aiming down sights with the Sparrow.
- Game Modes
- One in the Chamber
- Time limit will now reduce to 60 seconds if only 2 players are left, unless time limit is already under 60 seconds.
- Cleaned up UI elements that aren’t used in One in the Chamber from the HUD.
- One in the Chamber
- Closed exploits on Casino that would allow players to get outside of the map.
World League Hub
- League Play
- Parties will no longer disband after completing League Play matches.
- Additional “MKII” Weapon Support
- Added support for new “MKII” weapons in Zombies (Swat RFT, Daemon 3XB, KAP 45).
- Death-Con Five
- Addressed and issue that could cause players to experience a progression break if they downed themselves in Round 6.
- Death-Con Five
- Featured Playlist
- Close Quarters Frenzy
- Close Quarters Frenzy Quads added as the Featured Playlist on Xbox One and PC.
- Take on enemies using only SMGs, pistols, shotguns, melee attacks, and launchers while fighting to survive an even faster Collapse.
- Last team standing wins.
- Close Quarters Frenzy
- Daily Calling Rewards
- Future additional Tier Skips now properly awarded for completing Daily Callings.
- Addressed an issue that prevented players from earning Weapon XP or camo progress after using a Prestige Token to unlock a weapon.
- Various stability fixes.
COD 2020 Teasers: Black Ops 4 Summit map, Treyarch social profile
As we opened our new crates that Activision sent through, Black Ops 4’s Summit map got an update.
The screens in the center of the map in Black Ops 4 turned on which seem to match to what some of our slides show:
There’s also a look at clocks of 4 out of the 5 locations that some of us got as part of the slides to see:
These changes do appear to be new, especially the screens with the targets on them. Analyzing older images of the maps showcase that the screens were not showing the same thing.
In addition, Treyarch has updated their cover photo on social channels.
It’s getting cold out there…
Gameplay from Black Ops 4’s canceled campaign mode revealed
A user on Reddit, r/BlackOps4, has shared what appears to be the very first footage of gameplay from the canceled campaign mode of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, which released in October 2018, was the first Call of Duty game to not have a traditional campaign mode, instead opting to have three online-based modes.
Treyarch insisted throughout the year that they really didn’t have plans for a campaign and were focusing on an online connected experience for Black Ops 4, but many reports and sources described the campaign as being too ambitious and canceled because of issues with development.
On Reddit, a user has shared about two minutes of alpha footage of the gameplay of Black Ops 4’s campaign. The campaign, in alpha-state footage (meaning its not complete), had a very similar HUD to the MP experience of Black Ops 4. The user claims that the campaign and MP were supposed to be connected, and that’s why the HUD is so similar.
The gameplay starts by showing a message of “FIND THE AQUILUS CEO.”
Here’s the gameplay footage:
The user who posted this has not said where they got this gameplay footage as of now. He said he only has this footage, alongside an augmented footage of the engine of BO4, which he is not releasing at this time.
Double XP live in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 through February 6
To celebrate the big game this weekend, Treyarch is activating Double XP Quad Feed in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 this weekend – starting now.
Live in game now is:
- 2XP in MP
- 2XP in Zombies
- 2XP Party Game Moshpit
All of this is live in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. This is live through February 6 at 10AM PT.
For those still enjoying Black Ops 4, enjoy a new XP weekend!
Treyarch dev says all CoD games have had SBMM, says it can be ‘tuned’
Treyarch’s Director of Technology Martin Donlon has spoken out on Twitter after fans have complained about SBMM in Call of...
SBMM trends on Twitter as fans experience it in Black Ops Cold War Alpha
SBMM, or known as skill based matchmaking, is the main topic of the conversation from the Black Ops Cold War...
Snipers in Black Ops Cold War alpha intentionally overpowered to test balance
Treyarch’s Designer Tony Flame has stated on Twitter that the team intentionally overpowered the sniper rifles in the alpha. One...