Treyarch released a new Game Settings Update for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 today on PS4.
The new update brought some stability fixes across the game, and Treyarch has revealed that they have disabled Reaper in Blackout on PS4 because of an issue with the footstep audio.
Today’s maintenance update delivers new stability improvements and bug fixes in Blackout, Zombies, MP’s Bolt-Action Barebones playlist, World League Hub, and the Black Market on PS4.
In Blackout, we’ve temporarily removed Reaper from Blackout on PS4 while we fix an issue with Reaper’s footstep audio not playing properly, and restored access to the David Mason Blackout character for player who’ve unlocked him before yesterday’s update. Zombies Wonder Weapon spawns have been improved in Alcatraz, and the Locus sniper rifle’s sway has been tuned to match up with other snipers in Blackout.
We’ve also fixed a handful of crashes and bugs in “Alpha Omega” for Zombies players, restricted some new weapons from World League matches, added animated Master Calling Cards to the Operation Apocalypse Z collections, and more. Read on below for what’s new:
- Temporarily suspended Reaper from character selection due to an issue preventing footstep audio from playing properly.
- David Mason will now be available to players who unlocked him previously.
- Alistair’s Folly can now be found in Mystery Boxes.
- Addressed an issue that prevented the Hell’s Retriever from spawning.
- Addressed an issue that caused the Hell’s Retriever to spawn under a cell gate.
- Hawk can no longer be used to block the Warden’s movements.
- Brought the sway on the Locus in line with other sniper rifles.
- “Alpha Omega”
- Addressed an issue that prevented users from entering codes for Rushmore.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when players triggered the Main Quest boss fight when a Side Quest was still active.
- Fixed a crash that could occur while fighting Nova Bombers that had recently teleported.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when a player disconnected as the Trophy for surviving 20 rounds popped up.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when a player died or disconnected immediately after activating Blood Wolf Bite.
- Additional general stability fixes.
- Added missing image for Vendetta MKII in the Armory.
- Game Modes
- Bolt-Action Barebones
- Restricted new non-sniper rifle weapons from gameplay.
- Added missing images to the Argus Diamond Camo unlock notification.
- Bolt-Action Barebones
WORLD LEAGUE HUB
- Restricted the Reaver C86 and Backhander melee weapon from World League matches.
- Added animated Master Calling Cards for Operation Apocalypse Z.
- Resolved an issue that could cause a crash after unwrapping the Weaponized 115 Reactive Camo in-game.
- Black Market
- Addressed an issue that caused some images in the Black Market to appear stretched.
COD 2020 Teasers: Black Ops 4 Summit map, Treyarch social profile
As we opened our new crates that Activision sent through, Black Ops 4’s Summit map got an update.
The screens in the center of the map in Black Ops 4 turned on which seem to match to what some of our slides show:
There’s also a look at clocks of 4 out of the 5 locations that some of us got as part of the slides to see:
These changes do appear to be new, especially the screens with the targets on them. Analyzing older images of the maps showcase that the screens were not showing the same thing.
In addition, Treyarch has updated their cover photo on social channels.
It’s getting cold out there…
Gameplay from Black Ops 4’s canceled campaign mode revealed
A user on Reddit, r/BlackOps4, has shared what appears to be the very first footage of gameplay from the canceled campaign mode of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, which released in October 2018, was the first Call of Duty game to not have a traditional campaign mode, instead opting to have three online-based modes.
Treyarch insisted throughout the year that they really didn’t have plans for a campaign and were focusing on an online connected experience for Black Ops 4, but many reports and sources described the campaign as being too ambitious and canceled because of issues with development.
On Reddit, a user has shared about two minutes of alpha footage of the gameplay of Black Ops 4’s campaign. The campaign, in alpha-state footage (meaning its not complete), had a very similar HUD to the MP experience of Black Ops 4. The user claims that the campaign and MP were supposed to be connected, and that’s why the HUD is so similar.
The gameplay starts by showing a message of “FIND THE AQUILUS CEO.”
Here’s the gameplay footage:
The user who posted this has not said where they got this gameplay footage as of now. He said he only has this footage, alongside an augmented footage of the engine of BO4, which he is not releasing at this time.
Double XP live in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 through February 6
To celebrate the big game this weekend, Treyarch is activating Double XP Quad Feed in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 this weekend – starting now.
Live in game now is:
- 2XP in MP
- 2XP in Zombies
- 2XP Party Game Moshpit
All of this is live in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. This is live through February 6 at 10AM PT.
For those still enjoying Black Ops 4, enjoy a new XP weekend!
Black Ops Cold War: PawnTakesPawn site gets new teaser video
The PawnTakesPawn website has been updated with a new tape titled “Open. Drop. Save. Restore.” The new tape, which is...
CharlieIntel Podcast Episode 2 – Black Ops Cold War Alpha Impressions
We’re kicking off the CharlieIntel podcast to dive deep into the latest news and updates in the Call of Duty...
Black Ops Cold War Zombies: new PawnTakesPawn site emerges
The Pawn Takes Pawn site just can’t die. Activision has sent out another round of large crates to select content...