The latest Game Settings Update for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is now live across all platforms, and brings the Hot Pursuit LTM to Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 on Xbox One and PC.
The new Settings Update brought the new LTM, an update to the CWL Rule Set, some weapon updates, and more.
Hot Pursuit shifts Blackout into overdrive with 3 new vehicles equipped with their own special abilities, tons of additional loot to find, our “Down But Not Out” respawn system with an MX9 & Armor on each respawn, and even crazier final circles. It’s a totally different beast from the standard Blackout gameplay rules, and we’ve been having a blast playing with you all.
If you’re just dropping in for the first time today, a bit of advice: find your squad some Muscle Cars and floor it to the nearest green light beacon to load up on premium loot. You’re going to need it for the final Collapse, where it’s all-out mayhem thanks to the boosted loot count and new police vehicles with Sensor Dart functionality.
Weapon Tuning Changes: Saug 9mm and Annihilator
As we set the stage for CWL Fort Worth on March 15-17, we wanted to make sure the Saug 9mm could help the SMG class stand up against assault rifles in competitive play. With today’s update, we’re increasing the Saug 9mm’s ADS move speed when using the Stock attachment back to pre-1.13 patch levels.
Similarly, we’ve seen Seraph’s Annihilator shut down entire teams too efficiently in the right hands during competitive play. As of today’s update, we’ve made a balancing pass to reduce the Annihilator’s firing rate and earn rate to bring it more in line with the rest of the Specialist Weapons included in the latest CWL ruleset. These updates take effect in Multiplayer and League Play on all platforms starting today.
CWL and League Play Ruleset Updates
We’ve also gathered feedback from players across the COD World League and have decided to add Zero to the playable Specialist list in the CWL ruleset, starting with today’s update. Zero’s EMP and Ice Pick deliver a new layer of strategy to competitive play as a counter to some of the more powerful Scorestreaks and Equipment on the battlefield, and we’re excited to see how her tools come into play at CWL Fort Worth.
We’ve also added the Drone Squad, Sniper’s Nest, and Strike Team to the list of restricted Scorestreaks in the CWL ruleset based on additional player feedback regarding AI-controlled Scorestreaks. Zero will have fewer chances to hack Scorestreaks in competitive play as a result, with more of the action focusing on pure gunplay.
Lastly, we’ve heard the community’s requests for punishments against teamkillers in League Play with today’s update, as players will now be kicked from the game after multiple intentional teamkills. Play nice or go back to pubs, folks.
To summarize, the following changes will be reflected in competitive play starting today and at CWL Fort Worth on March 15-17:
- Saug 9mm ASD move speed increased when using the Stock attachment
- Annihilator fire rate and earn rate reduced
- Zero added as playable Specialist
- Drone Squad, Sniper’s Nest, and Strike Team Scorestreaks now restricted
- Players will now be kicked for repeated intentional teamkilling in League Play
Here’s what’s new in Black Ops 4 with our latest update:
- Hot Pursuit now live in Blackout on all platforms
- Saug 9mm tuning changes in Multiplayer
- Annihilator tuning changes in Multiplayer and Blackout
- Zero added as playable Specialist to in competitive play
- Drone Squad, Sniper’s Nest, and Strike Team Scorestreaks now restricted in competitive play
- Players are now kicked for intentional teamkilling in League Play Events
- Outrider’s Outfit Unlock mission now available in Blackout on Xbox One and PC
- Additional support for new “MKII” weapons added to Zombies on Xbox One and PC
- Weapon Tuning
- Saug 9mm
- Stock: Increased ADS move speed to pre-1.13 patch values.
- Saug 9mm
- Reduced Annihilator fire rate.
- Reduced Annihilator earn rate.
- Increased Tac-Deploy insertion score from +15 to +30 points.
World League Hub
- League Play
- CWL Ruleset Updates
- Zero added to playable Specialist list in CWL ruleset.
- Drone Squad, Sniper’s Nest, and Strike Team Scorestreaks are now restricted in CWL ruleset.
- Players are now kicked for intentional teamkilling in League Play.
- CWL Ruleset Updates
- Weapon Tuning
- Reduced fire rate.
- Addressed a visual issue with weapons equipped with Gold Master Camo that have been acquired from the Mystery Box.
- Hot Pursuit
- Hot Pursuit added as the Featured Playlist.
- 3 new vehicles added: SUV, PBR, and Muscle Car, as well as police variants of the helicopter and ATV.
- New vehicles have special abilities to give players a competitive advantage at the risk of greater exposure.
- Muscle Cars have the ability to spot nearby Supply Stashes and Supply Drops.
- Police vehicles have built-in Sensor Dart functionality when their police sirens are activated, as well as the ability to detect enemy-occupied Muscle Cars.
- Supply Stashes and Supply Drops occur more frequently than normal.
- Players respawn with each circle collapse as long as one teammate is still alive when the next Collapse occurs. Respawns are disabled at the final Collapse.
- Players respawn with an MX9 and Armor.
- Last team standing wins the game.
- Outfit Unlock Missions
- “The Numbers” Outfit Unlock mission now available by finding the Tactical Cap and completing the mission requirements.
- Additional “MKII” Weapon Support
- Added support for new “MKII” weapons in Zombies (Swat RFT, Daemon 3XB, KAP 45).
COD 2020 Teasers: Black Ops 4 Summit map, Treyarch social profile
As we opened our new crates that Activision sent through, Black Ops 4’s Summit map got an update.
The screens in the center of the map in Black Ops 4 turned on which seem to match to what some of our slides show:
There’s also a look at clocks of 4 out of the 5 locations that some of us got as part of the slides to see:
These changes do appear to be new, especially the screens with the targets on them. Analyzing older images of the maps showcase that the screens were not showing the same thing.
In addition, Treyarch has updated their cover photo on social channels.
It’s getting cold out there…
Gameplay from Black Ops 4’s canceled campaign mode revealed
A user on Reddit, r/BlackOps4, has shared what appears to be the very first footage of gameplay from the canceled campaign mode of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, which released in October 2018, was the first Call of Duty game to not have a traditional campaign mode, instead opting to have three online-based modes.
Treyarch insisted throughout the year that they really didn’t have plans for a campaign and were focusing on an online connected experience for Black Ops 4, but many reports and sources described the campaign as being too ambitious and canceled because of issues with development.
On Reddit, a user has shared about two minutes of alpha footage of the gameplay of Black Ops 4’s campaign. The campaign, in alpha-state footage (meaning its not complete), had a very similar HUD to the MP experience of Black Ops 4. The user claims that the campaign and MP were supposed to be connected, and that’s why the HUD is so similar.
The gameplay starts by showing a message of “FIND THE AQUILUS CEO.”
Here’s the gameplay footage:
The user who posted this has not said where they got this gameplay footage as of now. He said he only has this footage, alongside an augmented footage of the engine of BO4, which he is not releasing at this time.
Double XP live in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 through February 6
To celebrate the big game this weekend, Treyarch is activating Double XP Quad Feed in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 this weekend – starting now.
Live in game now is:
- 2XP in MP
- 2XP in Zombies
- 2XP Party Game Moshpit
All of this is live in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. This is live through February 6 at 10AM PT.
For those still enjoying Black Ops 4, enjoy a new XP weekend!
Black Ops Cold War Multiplayer Beta Dates announced
Activision has officially announced the dates for the upcoming Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Open Beta. The Open...
Treyarch dev says all CoD games have had SBMM, says it can be ‘tuned’
Treyarch’s Director of Technology Martin Donlon has spoken out on Twitter after fans have complained about SBMM in Call of...
SBMM trends on Twitter as fans experience it in Black Ops Cold War Alpha
SBMM, or known as skill based matchmaking, is the main topic of the conversation from the Black Ops Cold War...