Treyarch’s latest Game Settings Update is live in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 with some bug fixes and updates to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The latest large patch update for Black Ops 4 went live yesterday on PS4 and Xbox One; the details on that are available here.
Treyarch stated the next PC update is scheduled for April 2.
Today’s update includes some additional details on the Free Weapon Crate (available now on PS4), Blackout low population region details, bug fixes, and more.
Check out the details below:
Free MKII Weapon Crate
Live this week on PS4 with other platforms to follow: Get your free Weapon Crate at the Black Market for a guaranteed MKII Weapon that grants +25% bonus XP per kill, plus two additional free Reserve items. This is a limited-time offer, so redeem yours before it’s gone.
Low-Population Region Blackout Update
For our players in regions with lower player populations including parts of South Africa and South America, we’re also happy to announce that we’ve expanded your available Blackout playlists on consoles to include a second rotating playlist that is planned to cycle each week, in addition to the current global Featured Playlist and. We hope this provides more ways to enjoy Blackout while still keeping match wait times low and matchmaking quality high in these regions.
This update is live today on consoles in regions with lower player populations. Thanks for your patience as we continue to monitor matchmaking conditions in all regions across the globe.
Read on below for today’s updates:
- Bug fixes and gameplay improvements in Multiplayer, Blackout, and Zombies.
- Added a second rotating playlist for lower player population regions in addition to the global Featured Playlist option on consoles in Blackout.
- Redeploying multiple times in Hot Pursuit now provides players with progressive loadouts in Blackout.
- Nomad’s K9-Unit kills will now properly track toward the “Special Weapon Kills” Challenge in Multiplayer.
- Gameplay improvements and stability fixes for “Ancient Evil” in Zombies (PS4).
- Stability fix for new Zombshell Perk in Zombies (PS4).
The following updates are live on PS4, with other platforms to follow:
- Ancient Evil
- Gaia Wonder Weapon can no longer insta-kill zombies at high rounds.
- Addressed an issue with characters speaking over the Pegasus cut scene.
- Addressed visual issues that could occur when a player was downed while the “Do Not Take Damage” Tribute was active.
- Addressed a streaming issue with the Giant Drakaina on the dark side of the map.
- Addressed a rare issue where enemies could become un-targetable by wonder weapons during Main Quest Amphitheater step.
- Ancient Evil
- Fixed a crash that could occur during the Redeemed Hand of Gaia Quest.
- Zombshell Perk
- Fixed a crash that could occur when a player was downed while the Zombshell Perk’s area effect was active.
- Ancient Evil
The following updates are live on PS4 and Xbox One, with PC to follow:
- Thrown Equipment will now damage the correct enemy if the player changes teams while the Equipment is still active.
- Nomad’s K9-Unit kills will now properly track toward the “Special Weapon Kills” Challenge.
- Addressed an issue where lobbies could occasionally become non-joinable.
- Game Modes
- Hot Pursuit
- Redeploying multiple times in Hot Pursuit now provides players with progressive loadouts, up to a final loadout stage including an MX9 and Armor.
- Hot Pursuit
- Playlist Update
- Added a second rotating playlist for lower player population regions in addition to the global Featured Playlist option. Currently set at Duos.
- Cleaned up overlapping text that sometimes appeared on the Eliminated screen.
- Host Migration
- Addressed an issue where Scarlett would always appear in the After Action Report after a host migration.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when the non-host of a 2-player private game disconnected from the match.
COD 2020 Teasers: Black Ops 4 Summit map, Treyarch social profile
As we opened our new crates that Activision sent through, Black Ops 4’s Summit map got an update.
The screens in the center of the map in Black Ops 4 turned on which seem to match to what some of our slides show:
There’s also a look at clocks of 4 out of the 5 locations that some of us got as part of the slides to see:
These changes do appear to be new, especially the screens with the targets on them. Analyzing older images of the maps showcase that the screens were not showing the same thing.
In addition, Treyarch has updated their cover photo on social channels.
It’s getting cold out there…
Gameplay from Black Ops 4’s canceled campaign mode revealed
A user on Reddit, r/BlackOps4, has shared what appears to be the very first footage of gameplay from the canceled campaign mode of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, which released in October 2018, was the first Call of Duty game to not have a traditional campaign mode, instead opting to have three online-based modes.
Treyarch insisted throughout the year that they really didn’t have plans for a campaign and were focusing on an online connected experience for Black Ops 4, but many reports and sources described the campaign as being too ambitious and canceled because of issues with development.
On Reddit, a user has shared about two minutes of alpha footage of the gameplay of Black Ops 4’s campaign. The campaign, in alpha-state footage (meaning its not complete), had a very similar HUD to the MP experience of Black Ops 4. The user claims that the campaign and MP were supposed to be connected, and that’s why the HUD is so similar.
The gameplay starts by showing a message of “FIND THE AQUILUS CEO.”
Here’s the gameplay footage:
The user who posted this has not said where they got this gameplay footage as of now. He said he only has this footage, alongside an augmented footage of the engine of BO4, which he is not releasing at this time.
Double XP live in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 through February 6
To celebrate the big game this weekend, Treyarch is activating Double XP Quad Feed in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 this weekend – starting now.
Live in game now is:
- 2XP in MP
- 2XP in Zombies
- 2XP Party Game Moshpit
All of this is live in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. This is live through February 6 at 10AM PT.
For those still enjoying Black Ops 4, enjoy a new XP weekend!
Both Cold War & Modern Warfare loadouts to be accessible in Warzone
Activision President has confirmed that players will be able to use both Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and...
Black Ops Cold War & Warzone integration coming in December
Activision Blizzard has announced news on when fans can expect Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Call of...
PawnTakesPawn comes to an end: get free rewards in Call of Duty
The PawnTakesPawn site’s story has come to an end, after 2 and half months of fans searching for content, clues,...