Ambush makes its return later this month!
Treyarch has just released an update to Call of Duty Black Ops 4 today that adds Prop Hunt to Multiplayer for Xbox One and PC players, along with some minor fixes for all consoles.
One of the biggest highlights from this update are the improvements to the lag and hitching in MP matches that came about since last update. Be sure to check out the featured playlists in Multiplayer as well that have received a refresh.
Full update below:
Prop Hunt Now Live on All Platforms
With today’s launch of Prop Hunt on Xbox One and PC, everyone’s favorite hide-and-seek mode is now live in the Featured category on all platforms. We’ve made some updates to Prop Hunt today, including new rotating loadouts for Hunters, improvements to Best Play at the end of the round, and additional stability fixes. The hunt is on!
Ambush is Coming Back to Blackout
It’s almost that time again, Blackout snipers. We’ve updated Ambush for Operation Spectre Rising, and it’s coming back to all platforms later this month with a new ruleset. Players will now have access to all Sniper Rifles (with the exception of the SDM) plus Shotguns and the Bowie Knife, and we’re removing Concussion Grenades, Cluster Grenades, ATVs, and ARAV vehicles to focus the action on pure gunplay this time around. Jump in, get some matches under your belt, and let us know what you think of the new revisions once it’s live.
We’ve also implemented a fix for a recent issue that could cause lag/hitching when a match with over 10 players was joined in progress, as well as improvements to the Alcatraz map in Blackout. Here’s the full list of what’s new:
- Game Modes
- Prop Hunt
- Now live on all platforms in the Featured category.
- Hunters now spawn with rotating loadouts (SMGs or Assault Rifles).
- Addressed an issue where players’ abilities were not displaying their proper values when being spectated.
- Made general improvements to Best Play at the end of the round.
- Prop Hunt
- Addressed join-in-progress issues in Infected matches.
- Featured Playlists
- Prop Hunt, Barebones Moshpit, Deathmatch Domination, Infected (consoles), and Mercenary Deathmatch Moshpit (consoles) added to the Featured category.
- Resolved an issue that sometimes caused lag/hitching when a match with more than 10 players was joined in progress.
- Additional general stability improvements.
- Addressed an issue where players were able to get to unintended areas of the map using the Grapple Gun.
- Closed some exploitable areas on the map.
WORLD LEAGUE HUB
- Addressed visual bugs that could be experienced upon entering World League Hub for the first time.
Some improvements have already been made to Prop Hunt mode earlier this week as laid out below. These changes were made on Playstation 4 as part of the May 7th game update:
- Addressed an issue where players were able to replenish their Decoys when destroyed.
- Enabled drowning damage for underwater Props.
- Various stability fixes, including a fix for instances where the player could be kicked back to the main menu with a “game session no longer available” error