Treyarch has released the latest Game Settings Update and Community Update on what’s happening for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4. The latest gaming settings update is live on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
Expect the gritty details on stability fixes in our patch notes going forward, including today’s update. Even if a bug we’ve fixed is obscure or not easily defined, we’ll get as granular as we can in the details. These community updates are for all Black Ops 4 players, and we’re playing the game right along with you. Let’s do this.
Speaking of which, we’ve made a new round of stability improvements in Zombies with today’s patch, including some crash fixes across all maps, as well as resolving specific bugs and crashes in IX, Voyage of Despair, and Blood of the Dead. See the patch notes below for the full list of fixes.
In Multiplayer, we’ve made some balancing changes to Hardcore modes to make SMGs more competitive in HC playlists, and we’re kicking inactive players more effectively to make sure your teammates are actually team players.
And in Blackout, we’ve tweaked the performance of the Paladin sniper rifle and the Concussion Grenade, and we’ll continue to monitor the effectiveness of all weapons and Equipment for future balance passes. Jump in and let us know how they feel.
Now, a look into next week: Nuketown arrives on PS4 on Tuesday, November 13! Stay tuned for a closer look at Black Ops 4’s revival of one of our most popular maps of all time. We can’t wait to jump in and play with you all very soon.
Finally, we’ve got some major game updates coming early next week. These will include new balancing tweaks, stability fixes, Featured playlists, gameplay improvements… plus new surprises as we celebrate the launch of Nuketown this month in Black Ops 4.
- All players get 2X Tier Boost in MP and Blackout, plus 2X Nebulium Plasma in Zombies through 10AM PT on Monday, Nov. 12.
- Resolved an issue that could cause the game to crash when the player is near the Mystery Box.
- Resolved an issue that could cause the game to crash when a player dies or leaves the game when using the Staff of Ra Special Weapon in the Chaos Story.
- Resolved an issue that could cause the game to crash when Zombies attack the player through barricades.
- Voyage of Despair
- Resolved an issue that could cause the game to crash when a player leaves the game while using the Svalinn Guard.
- Resolved an issue that could cause the game to crash when a player leaves the game during the Main Quest.
- Resolved an issue where, if a player left a game while another player was contributing to their challenge, the remaining player would crash when attempting to complete the challenge.
- Blood of the Dead
- Resolved two issues that could cause the game to crash when a player fails, bleeds out, or leaves the game during portal events in the Main Quest.
- SMGs now have a one-hit kill potential at close range in Hardcore.
- Reduced Armor protection so that all weapons will now kill in 2 hits maximum in Hardcore.
- Hardcore Team Deathmatch and Hardcore Kill Confirmed now allow 2 of the same Specialist per team.
- Resolved an issue where players would not be kicked for inactivity in round-based game modes if the round ended before the kick timer.
- Paladin HB50
- Slightly increased damage to reduce headshots required to take out an enemy equipped with Level 3 Armor and 200 Health from a Trauma Kit.
- Enemies were escaping these fights with 4 Health, so we’re bumping the damage just enough to cover that gap.
- Paladin HB50
- Concussion Grenade
- Players can now change stances after being hit with a Concussion Grenade. While players will still be slowed and overall disoriented, they’ll now have new opportunities to get back to the fight.
- With the removal of the 9-Bang from Blackout, we’ve added a scaled-back white flash screen effect to the Concussion Grenade, and will monitor the performance of these balance changes closely.
- Concussion Grenade
- Character Missions
- Changed the descriptions of Character Mission Items to clarify the unlock requirements per playlist (Solo, Duos, or Quads).
COD 2020 Teasers: Black Ops 4 Summit map, Treyarch social profile
As we opened our new crates that Activision sent through, Black Ops 4’s Summit map got an update.
The screens in the center of the map in Black Ops 4 turned on which seem to match to what some of our slides show:
There’s also a look at clocks of 4 out of the 5 locations that some of us got as part of the slides to see:
These changes do appear to be new, especially the screens with the targets on them. Analyzing older images of the maps showcase that the screens were not showing the same thing.
In addition, Treyarch has updated their cover photo on social channels.
It’s getting cold out there…
Gameplay from Black Ops 4’s canceled campaign mode revealed
A user on Reddit, r/BlackOps4, has shared what appears to be the very first footage of gameplay from the canceled campaign mode of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, which released in October 2018, was the first Call of Duty game to not have a traditional campaign mode, instead opting to have three online-based modes.
Treyarch insisted throughout the year that they really didn’t have plans for a campaign and were focusing on an online connected experience for Black Ops 4, but many reports and sources described the campaign as being too ambitious and canceled because of issues with development.
On Reddit, a user has shared about two minutes of alpha footage of the gameplay of Black Ops 4’s campaign. The campaign, in alpha-state footage (meaning its not complete), had a very similar HUD to the MP experience of Black Ops 4. The user claims that the campaign and MP were supposed to be connected, and that’s why the HUD is so similar.
The gameplay starts by showing a message of “FIND THE AQUILUS CEO.”
Here’s the gameplay footage:
The user who posted this has not said where they got this gameplay footage as of now. He said he only has this footage, alongside an augmented footage of the engine of BO4, which he is not releasing at this time.
Double XP live in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 through February 6
To celebrate the big game this weekend, Treyarch is activating Double XP Quad Feed in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 this weekend – starting now.
Live in game now is:
- 2XP in MP
- 2XP in Zombies
- 2XP Party Game Moshpit
All of this is live in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. This is live through February 6 at 10AM PT.
For those still enjoying Black Ops 4, enjoy a new XP weekend!
Warzone Season 6 Subway system detailed
Activision has officially provided more information how the new Subway system in Call of Duty: Warzone will work. The new...
Black Ops Cold War side missions features puzzle to unlock more content
As announced back with the reveal of Black Ops Cold War, the campaign of the game features side missions, alongside...
Black Ops Cold War: PawnTakesPawn site gets new teaser video
The PawnTakesPawn website has been updated with a new tape titled “Open. Drop. Save. Restore.” The new tape, which is...