TreyarchPC has shared the latest update on the development status on the PC version of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4. The team at Beenox is tracking many of the feedback pieces and is hard at work on updates. TreyarchPC says that the first patch is expected next week.
Here’s what was changed today:
- Fixed an issue where Trauma Kits would not heal its users under certain conditions.
Known Issues (PC):
- We are aware that some users are encountering crashes in various locations. We are currently closely monitoring the stability since the launch and are planning multiple fixes for our incoming patch next week.
Here are some workarounds for the Crashing Issue:
- If you are experiencing freezes during the intro movie, disabling the GeForce Experience in-game overlay might fix the issue. Nvidia has also released a BETA driver to fix the issue, we encourage you to try it out: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/call-of-duty-black-ops-4-game-ready-driver/
- Disabling third-party softwares might help some users who are experiencing crashes during the boot sequence.
- Make sure you are updated to the latest version of your graphics card drivers.
In addition, they are also aware of the camos causing the game to crash:
- We are aware of an issue causing some users to crash when applying camos to different weapons and using them in-game. We are currently targeting a fix in the next patch.
COD 2020 Teasers: Black Ops 4 Summit map, Treyarch social profile
As we opened our new crates that Activision sent through, Black Ops 4’s Summit map got an update.
The screens in the center of the map in Black Ops 4 turned on which seem to match to what some of our slides show:
There’s also a look at clocks of 4 out of the 5 locations that some of us got as part of the slides to see:
These changes do appear to be new, especially the screens with the targets on them. Analyzing older images of the maps showcase that the screens were not showing the same thing.
In addition, Treyarch has updated their cover photo on social channels.
It’s getting cold out there…
Gameplay from Black Ops 4’s canceled campaign mode revealed
A user on Reddit, r/BlackOps4, has shared what appears to be the very first footage of gameplay from the canceled campaign mode of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, which released in October 2018, was the first Call of Duty game to not have a traditional campaign mode, instead opting to have three online-based modes.
Treyarch insisted throughout the year that they really didn’t have plans for a campaign and were focusing on an online connected experience for Black Ops 4, but many reports and sources described the campaign as being too ambitious and canceled because of issues with development.
On Reddit, a user has shared about two minutes of alpha footage of the gameplay of Black Ops 4’s campaign. The campaign, in alpha-state footage (meaning its not complete), had a very similar HUD to the MP experience of Black Ops 4. The user claims that the campaign and MP were supposed to be connected, and that’s why the HUD is so similar.
The gameplay starts by showing a message of “FIND THE AQUILUS CEO.”
Here’s the gameplay footage:
The user who posted this has not said where they got this gameplay footage as of now. He said he only has this footage, alongside an augmented footage of the engine of BO4, which he is not releasing at this time.
Double XP live in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 through February 6
To celebrate the big game this weekend, Treyarch is activating Double XP Quad Feed in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 this weekend – starting now.
Live in game now is:
- 2XP in MP
- 2XP in Zombies
- 2XP Party Game Moshpit
All of this is live in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. This is live through February 6 at 10AM PT.
For those still enjoying Black Ops 4, enjoy a new XP weekend!
Call of Duty: Mobile reaches one billion hours played monthly
Call of Duty: Mobile continues to see incredible success since it’s launch one year ago on October 1, 2019. A...
Dead Ops Arcade set to return in Black Ops Cold War
Treyarch has teased the return of a fan favorite Zombies experience for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War. In...
Black Ops Cold War Zombies Characters: MP Operators & more
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War’s Zombies brings a a twist to the mode that is unique, and never...