Treyarch has posted a Reddit an update on what they are looking into and tracking based upon the feedback from Launch Day of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4.
First off, here’s the changes made to the game today, in the new Game Settings Update:
- Resolved an issue where new players sometimes didn’t have a default Calling Card on initial boot.
- Improved an animation in the player’s health bar when taking damage.
- Resolved an issue where Prestiging a weapon wouldn’t remove its attachments.
- Fixed overhead names and rank for bots in the lobby.
- General stability fixes.
- Improved spawn balancing in Domination, which should alleviate some of the issues people have reported. The system has some new capabilities to reduce the frequency of spawn flipping (also a commonly requested change), and that comes with new challenges in striking the right balance between less flipping and less trapping. This is a first step, and we expect it to take a few iterations to achieve the right balance.
- Torque’s Razor Wire will no longer deal damage to the player or teammates in Hardcore. No more getting kicked for inadvertent team kills.
- Resolved an issue that allowed players to utilize an extra Attachment slot.
We’ve also made the following additional update specific to PC:
- Framerate is now uncapped in all modes!
Here’s what Treyarch is working on beyond that, with many updates slated for next week. Some of these include:
- Gameplay Balancing Pass
- Those of you who tuned into the #CODNation Challenge AMA with Jason Blundell and Fred “Nikolai” Tatasciore yesterday know the team is hard at work on our first post-launch balancing pass for Zombies, including nerfs to Hellhounds and Tigers. Look for a detailed update on this tomorrow!
- We’ve combined Blood of the Dead and Classified into one “Aether Story” playlist to ensure players will be given the best matchmaking experience possible across those two maps. These playlists will change over time, and we may decide to offer a Blood of the Dead-only playlist depending on community demand. Let us know what you’d like to see.
- Treyarch Authenticity Stamp
- Related to Leaderboards, the Treyarch Authenticity Stamp is a feature that we’re excited to implement for our hardcore Zombies players who’d like to prove their prowess to the world. There’s a lot of data behind this system, so we’re taking the time we need to ensure 100% accurate reporting and a streamlined process to share your achievements. Stay tuned for more info soon.
- Gameplay Balancing Pass
- As we mentioned on Twitter yesterday, we’re working to enable Leaderboards in both MP and Zombies next week. Stats are being recorded for Leaderboards, just not displayed yet. Thanks for your patience.
- Combat Record
- As with Leaderboards, we’re planning on bringing Combat Record online in an update next week. We’re still tracking your stats behind the scenes, so no worries there.
- Ranked/League Play
- We’ve seen questions about when Ranked and League Play are coming to Black Ops 4. For more info, check out our blog post previewing our new World League Hub and the upcoming competitive season. In the post linked, Treyarch mentions the World League Hub is coming to Black Ops 4 in December with the start of the competitive season at CWL Las Vegas.
- Search and Destroy Custom Games
- We’ve seen reports of custom Search and Destroy matches ending after round 7, and players sometimes getting stuck spectating teammates instead of spawning in. The team is currently investigating.
- Xbox One Deluxe Edition Content
- Some players had trouble accessing the Shadowman Blackout character or the Classified Zombies experience because they didn’t auto-download the content. If this is still affecting you, please follow these steps to access this content.
- PC Updates
- As always, follow /u/TreyarchPC for separate PC-specific posts with all the details on the latest updates and what we’re tracking on the PC front.
Zombies World Record beaten after nearly 300 hours of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
It took one Twitch streamer nearly 300 hours of gameplay to beat the World Record for Black Ops 3’s Nacht Der Untoten Zombies.
One player has done the unthinkable and beaten the Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Nacht Der Untoten Zombies World Record by reaching round 255.
Zombies has a storied history dating all the way back to 2008 when Call of Duty: World at War came bundled with a bonus mini-game called ‘Nacht der Untoten.’ The legendary Nazi Zombies mode would go on to reach ridiculous levels of popularity to the point that Treyarch had to make extra Zombies maps.
Since then, virtually every single CoD title has included new versions and variations of the Zombies formula. Black Ops Cold War is currently enjoying the launch of Mauer Der Toten, the freshest Zombies experience.
However, one Twitch streamer has overlooked modern Zombies in favor of a previous game – Black Ops 3. After 20 days of playing the same game of Nacht Der Untoten on and off, a new World Record was set.
The feat was accomplished by CoD Zombies Twitch streamer TomPhantasy as he smashed the previous record by a staggering 40 rounds to reach Round 255.
Beginning his run on July 2, he spent the next 20 days clocking up nearly 300 hours of game time to obliterate the previous Nacht Der Untoten record.
Remarkably, he was only downed twice, and they both came once he’d surpassed the record figure anyway.
The final seconds of the footage are of the streamer clearing up the last few dregs of Zombies until the round icon in the bottom-left changes to 255.
This absolutely smashes the previous record of 216 rounds set by user Chihiro-516, and may never be beaten.
Dexerto was even able to secure an exclusive word with the streamer to get more reaction to his feat: “The Zombies community has been supporting me for months when I have been attempting this record through the highs and lows,” he said.
He continued: “I knew I had to keep going, because after 24.8 days the game freezes, This meant I had to play 13+ hours per day for those 25 days.”
Massive congratulations need to go to the player who was able to gut his way through an arduous three weeks of Zombies. With Mauer Der Toten very much the new Zombies craze, we wonder if he will one day attempt to set the record for it.
Also, for some more incredible accomplishments, check out the Cold War player who reached 10th Prestige without killing a single player.
Image Credit: Activision / TomPhantasy
How much are COD Points? How to buy, price, how to spend & more
COD Points are the currency of Call of Duty. Here’s a guide on their price, how you can buy them, where to spend them, and what you can buy.
COD Points have become an integral part of Call of Duty games as they can buy some great cosmetics and other items to show off. So here’s a quick guide to tell you how much points cost, how you can buy them, where you can spend them, and what you can get.
The gaming landscape has changed over the years with the incorporation of microtransactions and live-gaming services. Many games offer extra content – with cosmetics being a big proponent of this. With Cold War and Warzone offering special Rambo and John McClane skins and bringing back legendary Operators like Soap and Captain Price, it becomes easy to see why players would want to spend COD Points.
Call of Duty offers a huge palette of extra goodies you can add to your game and requires COD Points to do so.
So with our detailed guide today, we’re going to run through the basics of COD Points to help you understand them, tell you what they do, and more.
What is the price of COD Points?
There are different amounts and bundles you can opt for when buying COD Points that are tailored to different needs.
Some players just need to top up their account with a few hundred points to get the latest bundle. Whereas some need a big restock with the intention of spending many points. The more points you want, the bigger the discounts grow.
Here are the different prices for the various COD Points bundles:
- 200 COD Points for $1.99 or £1.79
- 500 COD Points for $4.99 or £4.31
- 1,000 (+100 Bonus) COD Points for $9.99 or £8.49
- 2,000 (+400 Bonus) COD Points for $19.99 or £16.79
- 4,000 (+1,000 Bonus) COD Points for $39.99 or £34.99
- 7,000 (+2,500 Bonus) COD Points for $74.99 or £69.99
- 10,000 (+3,000 Bonus) COD Points for $99.99 or £84.99
How do I buy COD Points?
You can be very flexible with how you buy COD Points as there are a few different ways to do so. To make sure you’re buying them for the right platform, just double-check with our guide on transferring COD Points across platforms.
These are the various ways you can procure COD Points.
This method is only for PC players.
A quick visit to the Battle.net shop will take you to the aforementioned COD Points bundles, and you can take your pick.
This method is only for PlayStation players.
Head to the PlayStation Store either on your PS4, PS5, or on the Official website and you’ll find the same selection of COD Points bundles.
You will be able to purchase them using money or PSN credit.
Xbox Microsoft Store
This method is only for Xbox players.
Head to the Microsoft Store either on your Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, or on the Official website and you’ll find the same selection of COD Points bundles.
You will be able to purchase them using money or Xbox Gift cards.
Online or select physical retailers will have copious amounts of COD Points vouchers and gift cards for you to purchase. There will be no difference between official sales and retails sales as they will all sell the same bundles.
Where do I spend my COD Points?
Now that you have a nice bundle of COD Points, where do you actually go to spend them? Well, the answer is rather simple: head to the in-game store for the game you’re playing, browse, and buy.
What can I buy with COD Points?
Call of Duty’s currency is used to primarily buy two things: the Battle Pass for the current season and Bundles containing a variety of items.
A Battle Pass is a paid Tier system that allows regular players to earn dozens of extra rewards and cosmetics for essentially playing the game.
Black Ops Cold War and Warzone are currently in Season Two of their respective lifecycles at the moment. Both titles are currently running in tandem with each other and share the same Battle Pass.
It features 100 Tiers for players to smash their way through the course of Season 2, and if players are committed enough, they can actually earn enough COD Points, through leveling up the pass, to get the next one for free.
You can buy the Cold War & Warzone Season 4 Battle Pass via a couple of different methods:
- Purchase it from the Official Call of Duty website
- Buy it from the in-game store on your respective platform
The other main content you can buy is a wide range of Bundles and Operator Bundles. These special bundles vary in price, and each comes with its own unique items.
The collectibles you can expect to find are Calling Cards, Emblems, Operator Skins, Weapon Blueprints, Weapon Charms, and more.
Image credits: Activision / Treyarch / Raven Software
How to get Black Ops 4 for free with PlayStation Plus
PlayStation Plus has officially announced its free games of the month for July, one of which is Treyarch’s Call of Duty Black Ops 4.
It looks like PlayStation Plus users will be able to get their hands on Treyarch’s previous title, Call of Duty Black Ops 4, as the free games for the month of July are unveiled.
Like every month, PlayStation Plus users gear up and get ready to see what game will hit the stores for free. Call of Duty fans will be excited to know that July will feature Black Ops 4, Treyarch’s previous title to Cold War.
With Black Ops Cold War now in Season 4, perhaps new players are intrigued to see if it differs from Black Ops 4, or maybe old players would like to return and see how it feels in 2021. Whatever the case, here’s how you can redeem Black Ops 4 for free.
Being a Call of Duty player on PlayStation is very beneficial, as not only are players now allowed to play Warzone without a PS Plus membership, those who subscribe to the service often receive free cosmetics and game modes early, like the Black Ops Cold War Zombies mode Onslaught.
With that being said, PlayStation Plus users will now also be getting Treyarch’s 2018 Call of Duty game for free beginning on July 6, 2021.
How to get Black Ops 4 for free with PlayStation Plus
- In order to get Black Ops 4 for free on PlayStation Plus, you must first make sure you have an active subscription to the service.
- Go to the store and find the section for free games of the month.
- Black Ops 4 should be under this section in the PlayStation Store and considering you have an active membership, you should be able to download it directly from the game page.
PlayStation posted a blog regarding the free PS Plus games for the month of July, which will be available on July 6, with a description for Black Ops 4 that reads:
“Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 delivers a trio of action-packed multiplayer modes* for first-person shooter fans. First, there’s the series’ iconic multiplayer experience pitting players against each other worldwide. Second, is the fan-favorite Zombies experience, letting you and friends battle the undead. Last but not least is Blackout, an intense large-map mode inspired by battle royale. Blackout brings together characters, locations, weapons, and gear from across the series in all-out survival combat – all with a unique Black Ops twist.”
This is great for those who want to experience a different multiplayer, and there should be a decent amount of players on the game, considering it will be free during the month. Further, Black Ops 4 also has a Zombies experience, so for those who something different to the multiplayer, this will be perfect.
Black Ops 4 is very different from any other Call of Duty game, making it a fairly unique experience to the more classic Call of Duty games. With a slower TTK, and Specialists to chose from with varying abilities, Black Ops 4 takes on a more tactical stance on Call of Duty’s multiplayer.
Well, there you have it, that’s how you can download Black Ops 4 for free on PlayStation Plus in the month of July.
Image Credits: PlayStation / Activision / Treyarch
Warzone players call for Payload game mode to get major changes
Warzone's latest game mode, Payload, introduces a fun new way to play. However, it seems players have some issues with...
How to defeat Riot for Fortnite Season 7 Week 7 Quest
Here's how you can quickly complete the Fortnite Week 7 Epic Quest to find and defeat the NPC Riot which...
Best Kar98k loadout for CoD: Warzone Season 4
The Kar98k is considered to be one of the best loadout choices in Warzone Season 4 Reloaded, so use this...