A new post on Call of Duty: ELITE’s official site has provided details on one of the new pointstreaks called Maniac in Ghosts.
Fearless and heavily armored, the Maniac Pointstreak spreads panic through enemy lines, charging headfirst and equipped with only a melee weapon. Found in the Assault Strike Package, the Maniac uses its high defense to get in close while shrugging off attacks. In the right hands, this Pointstreak can be invaluable to your team’s effort.
“The Maniac presents a new threat in multiplayer matches, and nothing beats the adrenaline rush of relentlessly chasing down enemies,” says Multiplayer Designer Kyle Audick.
How does the Maniac work?
- Delivered via Care Package
- As an airdrop, it’s important that you search for a safe, defendable area to call in the Maniac. There are few things worse than losing all your hard work to an enemy player.
- Heavily Armored
- The Maniac can take a lot of punishment. Use your added defense to distract enemy players and draw attention away from your teammates.
- High Mobility
- Without the burden of heavy weaponry, the Maniac can race after opponents without pause. Your target will have a difficult time outpacing you, so use this to your advantage.
- Throwing Knife
- To keep enemy players on their toes, the Maniac also comes equipped with a single Throwing Knife. Someone making a run for it? No such luck. You only get one, so be sure to pick it back up after use.
- Limited Health
- The Maniac’s health does not regenerate. That’s right, your health NEVER regenerates. Once your armor breaks, the Pointstreak ends.
- Timing is Important
- The Maniac does not earn points toward your Pointstreak for taking out enemy players. If you have a higher-level Pointstreak selected, wait to unlock that before calling in the Maniac.
Because of the limited health, it’s important to think tactically when using the Maniac. Check your mini-map and take advantage of the terrain to outflank and surprise enemy players. While you can withstand some direct fire, you won’t last long if you’re engaging enemies head on. Play smart and wreck havoc in your matches.