The Call of Duty Endowment, Activision Blizzard’s non profit organization that helps veterans find jobs, has announced a new “Hire. Honor.” campaign to celebrate the organization’s 10 year anniversary of helping veterans find jobs.
The Call of Duty Endowment has helped many veterans find jobs over the last 10 years and has found unique ways of allowing the community to help support the charity through in-game content packs in Call of Duty titles.
General James Mattis, Decorated American Veteran and Former United States Secretary of Defense, joins the campaign in a call-to-action Public Service Video which can be viewed at: callofdutyendowment.org/HireHonor. In addition to urging viewers to honor veterans by hiring veterans, General Mattis asserts that the vast majority of veterans who have experienced combat emerge stronger and are even greater assets to our society and the workforce.
The campaign encompasses a variety of programs that support the Endowment, with 100% of Activision proceeds going directly to finding jobs for veterans. The Call of Duty Endowment has funded the placement of more than 63,000 veterans into well-paying, high-quality jobs and expects to place 100,000 veterans in meaningful jobs by 2024.
“It is my great honor to partner with General Mattis and General Jones in honoring our veterans by hiring our veterans,” said Bobby Kotick, CEO of Activision Blizzard and co-founder of the Call of Duty Endowment. “We are committed to finding 100,000 jobs for veterans by 2024.”
For the Hire. Honor. campaign, the Endowment is adding additional ways to support veterans and earn in-game content in both Call of Duty: Mobile and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
- Starting Monday, Nov. 11, Call of Duty®: Mobile will feature an Endowment-themed content pack entitled the Call of Duty Endowment Honor Pack which includes a new skin for in-game items
- Players can participate by watching some of their favorite streamers play Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare on Twitch this Veterans Day. Look for streamers with CODE clan tags to see the Call of Duty Endowment streams. Fans who watch for 1 hour will receive 30 minutes of 2XP. Fans who watch for 2 hours will also receive a Call of Duty Endowment Calling Card.
The company also announced a donation partnership with Klay Thompson and Dr. Disrespect.
Gaming superstar Dr Disrespect and basketball legend Klay Thompson are teaming up with Omaze to raise funds for the Call of Duty Endowment. To bring attention to this important cause, they are offering the chance for one lucky fan to play Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare with Dr Disrespect and Klay Thompson, which will be livestreamed on Twitch. The lucky winner will play alongside one of gaming’s most dynamic personalities and one of the greatest three-point shooters in basketball, while supporting the work and mission of the Call of Duty Endowment. Visit Omaze.com/COD for details.
The organization partnered with General Jim Mattis for this campaign and released a new video discussing the campaign.
How to enable two factor authentication on your Call of Duty Account
Protect your account now!
Activision has finally added an additional, much needed layer of security for your Call of Duty account.
For over a year, cross play has been the standard in Call of Duty. All of your Call of Duty purchases, rank & progression all are linked to your Activision account, or Call of Duty account. This is the account you use for crossplay and the account you’ll also be using in Black Ops Cold War to unify your rank with Warzone and Modern Warfare.
If you tend to use the same password across many accounts, or if you don’t want to risk the possibility of losing your Call of Duty account, take the following steps to protect your account.
- 1. Go to this website to start.
- 2. Select “Set Up Two-Factor Authentication”
- 3. Log in to your Call of Duty account through your Activision login, or a linked PlayStation, Xbox, Steam or BattleNET account.
- 4. Download the Google Authenticator for your phone, available on the App Store or Google Play Store. (Or use another Authentication app of your choice).
- 5. Press the “+” icon on the top left of the Google Authenticator, and scan the QR code displayed on the page.
- 6. Enter in the code in the Google Authenticator app to finalize the link.
After you’ve completed the process, be sure to login to your account one more time just to verify the process was correct.
Once this is done and activated, when you login to Activision or Call of Duty account, you will be asked to use the Google Authenticator passcode in addition to your regular password to login.
Modern Warfare is now the best selling Call of Duty in its first year
Activision Blizzard has announced it’s Q3 2020 Financial Results, which continue to exceed expectations as people move to gaming avenues during this time.
Activision has stated that generated over $1.2 billion in revenue from microtransactions across all of their titles, a new record for Q3.
The company also announced that Modern Warfare is now the best selling premium Call of Duty in its first year ever, with almost two-thirds coming digitally. Warzone also continues to see incredible success, on PC as well, with PC microtransaction sales four times higher this year.
“Our teams continue to execute our growth plans with excellence during incredibly challenging circumstances,” said Bobby Kotick, Chief Executive Officer of Activision Blizzard. “We are on a path to deliver sustained long-term growth across our fully-owned franchises. With confidence in our ability to continue to execute, we are raising our outlook for the year and remain enthusiastic for our growth prospects next year.”
Activision says that monthly active users for Modern Warfare & Warzone saw “three times as many” this year compared to Q3 2019.
Here’s the higlights from Activision on the quarter, which is quite impressive:
- Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® and Warzone™ saw more than three times as many MAUs as the prior title in the year-ago quarter. Console MAU grew strongly and PC MAUs grew over ten-fold year-over-year. Across PC and console combined, hours played were approximately seven times higher year-over-year.
- We again saw substantial year-over-year growth in premium game sales as Warzone players chose to upgrade to the full Call of Duty experience. Modern Warfare first-year premium sales are the highest in Call of Duty’s history, with two-thirds of units sold digitally.
- Call of Duty console and PC in-game net bookings were four times the year-ago level.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War will release on November 13 into the largest and most engaged community in franchise history at the time of launch, and will support cross-platform play across PC, current-generation, and next-generation consoles. Anticipation for the release is high, with far more players engaged in the game’s public testing than for the year-ago title.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War arrives Nov. 13.
CDL Commissioner Johanna Faries set to be lead both CDL and OWL
This week has been an interesting week for Activision Blizzard’s Esports division and leagues.
It was first reported earlier this week that Hector ‘H3CZ’ Rodriguez is in talks with Immortals to reacquire the OpTic Gaming brand. With that, H3CZ would also acquire the CDL LA Spot.
Since H3CZ is a part of NRG has Co-CEO with the Chicago Huntsmen, Activision’s rules state one organization cannot own two spots in the same league. Rumors of who H3CZ plans to sell the spot to is rampant, but no official information has been disclosed.
Late on Thursday, Esports Observed also reported that Pete Vlastelica, the Commissioner of the Overwatch League stepped down from his role.
Now, EsportsObserved reports that Johanna Faries, current Commissioner of the Call of Duty League, is expanding her role to become ‘Head of Leagues’ at Activision Blizzard. In this newly created position, she will lead both Overwatch League and Call of Duty League’s league administration and broadcast operations.
Brandon Snow, current Chief Revenue Officer of Activision Blizzard Esports, is expanding his role to include marketing & analytics for the league. The former Chief Marketing Officer of Activision Blizzard Esports left in early September to be VP of DC Comics division of WarnerBros.
Both these new roles will take effect October 12, per EsportsObserved.
The first season of the Call of Duty League ended on August 31 with the Call of Duty League Championship Weekend. The event featured the most viewers in Call of Duty esports history, capping off a dynamically changing year with the on going pandemic.
Call of Duty League’s second season is set to kick off in 2021 with some major changes. The league announced that it will return to a 4v4 format, leaving one player on each roster looking for another starting role. They also announced that matches will be played on PC using controllers going forward instead of extending the esports partnership with PlayStation.
Activision has not announced these changes officially at this time.
Black Ops Cold War leaks suggest the return of this fan-favorite perk
The first batch of upcoming Black Ops: Cold War perks have been leaked, suggesting this fan-favorite perk could return.
How to get Red Dead Online standalone
Rockstar has announced that Red Dead Online will be a standalone game. Here's how to get your copy.
Black Ops Cold War Nov 24 Update: Nuketown & 2XP
Nuketown '84 has arrived. Free for everyone. Let the mayhem begin!