The latest update for Call of Duty: Mobile went live overnight on March 26th bringing a host new content and bug fixes to the mobile game on iOS and Android.
This update also sets up the incoming start of Season 5 – Legion Steel – for Call of Duty: Mobile, which will begin on Wednesday, April 1 in-game and last through April 30.
Now live in Call of Duty: Mobile is Black Ops 2’s Meltdown as the newest MP map, a new Ranked season, and more.
Here’s a look at what’s coming to the Mobile game:
On top of this in-game update, we are preparing for the next season, Steel Legion, which will be releasing next week at the beginning of April. Every single day we’ll have a variety of announcements, news, and highlights coming out in-game and through our social media channels.
Before we get to that though, here is a long look at Meltdown. It is live in-game right now.0:000:30
That’s right, our Youtube channel is alive and kicking once again! We plan to have more video content regularly available there, especially as we move into these themed seasons. In the immediate future, we may or may not have a Steel Legion trailer releasing there soon. Keep an eye out.
As a part of this update we’ll have a new ranked season (with new rewards and changes), a new Battle Pass, new MP modes, a new version of BR’s Warfare mode, and more that we aren’t revealing entirely just through the patch notes. You’ll have to check back next week for more.
What’s NewNew Ranked Season
Season 4 Ranked Mode will run from April 1st until June 1st
- New ranked mode seasonal rewards
- All new Industrial Revolution themed weapons & equipment coming to Season 4 Ranked Mode, including Epic weapon Man-o-War, and Epic soldier Ruin
- Ranked Mode Changes
- Improved art and particle effects in Ranked match tab
- Improved score earning rules for MP based on player’s performance
- Improved matchmaking logic
- New Ranked MP Mode map: Temporarily replaced Scrapyard with Meltdown, available for S&D, DOM and TDM
- Reduced the penalty for losing a ranked match
- Steel Legion Pass has arrived! New Content
- Originally from Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 – Lt. Commander David Mason, Code Name: SECTION, is now available in the Premium Battle Pass
- Mason Battle Pass themed weapons are also available now for a limited time
- Free Battle Pass Rewards
- GKS: New high-powered SMG that has reliable recoil and stability, but can also hit long range targets
- New Scorestreak – Shock RC: Detects and disables nearby enemies with an electric shock
Multiplayer – Newly Added Modes:
- Gun Game: Team Fight = Gun Game + TDM, Progress your weapons by earning kills or with two assists. First team to reach 60 points or a knife kill on the last level wins.
- 2v2 Showdown: Two teams of two go head to head using random weapon loadouts that change every 2 rounds. Be the first to eliminate both enemies, or capture the point in overtime to win the match. First team to reach 6 rounds wins. Single round respawn and health regeneration disabled.
New Map – Meltdown
- Originally from Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 – Battle in the industrial section of a nuclear power plant
- Meltdown is available in the following 7 modes: S&D, DOM, TDM, Snipers Only, Gun Game: Team Fight, Gun Game, and FFA
- Limited Time Mode: Prop Hunt
- Reduced from 3 rounds to 2 rounds, increased round time
- Players can join a match in progress during the first round
- Optimized starting score for players who join a match in progress
- A new spring themed Prop Hunt is coming Soon!
- Practice Vs. AI Mode: This mode will no longer add other human players
- Invulnerable timer after respawn changed to 4 seconds
- Frontline: Invulnerable timer after respawn changed to 4 seconds
- Gun Game: added new weapons to the rotation
- Snipers Only: Sniper Rifle optics will be changed to default scopes
- Reduced S36 stability, increased horizontal recoil
- Reduced LMG sprint-to-fire speed
- Reduced MSMC stability and short range damage
- Reduced Type 25 close range damage
- Increase flinch when shot by Locus, DL Q33, Arctic .50
- Greatly increase ASM10 stability, increased damage range
- Reduced LK24 damage range
- Increased BK57 damage range
- Increased ICR damage range
- Increased AK47 and Man-O-War stability
- Optimized sliding and jumping action
- Fixed a bug in FFA where the Trophy System destroys your own projectiles
- Fixed DL Q33 – Holidays sound bug
- Fixed voice announcement when a teammate uses a Predator Missile
- Fixed a bug where the player earns Hardpoint Kill bonus points when they use a VTOL while sitting within the Hardpoint zone
- Fixed voice announcer bug in DOM mode
New Mode: FPP Warfare
- FPP Warfare Mode: 20v20 clash using First Person Perspective only
- Stay tuned for more information about this upcoming limited time mode!
Easter Egg Event
- During our BR Easter Egg Event there will be some changes to the Circus area, go check it out!
- Pay close attention to Eggs laid out on the map, go break them apart!
- Added UL736 LMG & HS2126 Shotgun to BR
Bug Fixes & Optimization
- Fixed a bug where players are unable to equip the Axe and Baseball Bat
- We have changed the melee weapon interface; Players must now select a melee weapon
- Improved lobby UI and visuals for a more user-friendly experience after the Season 4 Ranked Mode ends; Players must update to the latest version to start climbing the ranks in the new season.
- Soap and Outrider received a little extra polish
- Fixed a bug where opening the friend list in the mode lobby will cause the game to freeze
We are looking forward to seeing what you all think about the update (that S36 nerf really did happen) and what we have coming next week! For now, have one more glimpse at something coming soon, the Shock RC, our newest scorestreak which will be available as a part of the Steel Legion Battle Pass.
And here’s the trailer for Meltdown:
SOURCE: The Call of Duty: Mobile Team