The latest update for Call of Duty: Mobile went live overnight on March 26th bringing a host new content and bug fixes to the mobile game on iOS and Android.
This update also sets up the incoming start of Season 5 – Legion Steel – for Call of Duty: Mobile, which will begin on Wednesday, April 1 in-game and last through April 30.
Now live in Call of Duty: Mobile is Black Ops 2’s Meltdown as the newest MP map, a new Ranked season, and more.
Here’s a look at what’s coming to the Mobile game:
On top of this in-game update, we are preparing for the next season, Steel Legion, which will be releasing next week at the beginning of April. Every single day we’ll have a variety of announcements, news, and highlights coming out in-game and through our social media channels.
Before we get to that though, here is a long look at Meltdown. It is live in-game right now.0:000:30
That’s right, our Youtube channel is alive and kicking once again! We plan to have more video content regularly available there, especially as we move into these themed seasons. In the immediate future, we may or may not have a Steel Legion trailer releasing there soon. Keep an eye out.
As a part of this update we’ll have a new ranked season (with new rewards and changes), a new Battle Pass, new MP modes, a new version of BR’s Warfare mode, and more that we aren’t revealing entirely just through the patch notes. You’ll have to check back next week for more.
What’s NewNew Ranked Season
Season 4 Ranked Mode will run from April 1st until June 1st
- New ranked mode seasonal rewards
- All new Industrial Revolution themed weapons & equipment coming to Season 4 Ranked Mode, including Epic weapon Man-o-War, and Epic soldier Ruin
- Ranked Mode Changes
- Improved art and particle effects in Ranked match tab
- Improved score earning rules for MP based on player’s performance
- Improved matchmaking logic
- New Ranked MP Mode map: Temporarily replaced Scrapyard with Meltdown, available for S&D, DOM and TDM
- Reduced the penalty for losing a ranked match
- Steel Legion Pass has arrived! New Content
- Originally from Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 – Lt. Commander David Mason, Code Name: SECTION, is now available in the Premium Battle Pass
- Mason Battle Pass themed weapons are also available now for a limited time
- Free Battle Pass Rewards
- GKS: New high-powered SMG that has reliable recoil and stability, but can also hit long range targets
- New Scorestreak – Shock RC: Detects and disables nearby enemies with an electric shock
Multiplayer – Newly Added Modes:
- Gun Game: Team Fight = Gun Game + TDM, Progress your weapons by earning kills or with two assists. First team to reach 60 points or a knife kill on the last level wins.
- 2v2 Showdown: Two teams of two go head to head using random weapon loadouts that change every 2 rounds. Be the first to eliminate both enemies, or capture the point in overtime to win the match. First team to reach 6 rounds wins. Single round respawn and health regeneration disabled.
New Map – Meltdown
- Originally from Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 – Battle in the industrial section of a nuclear power plant
- Meltdown is available in the following 7 modes: S&D, DOM, TDM, Snipers Only, Gun Game: Team Fight, Gun Game, and FFA
- Limited Time Mode: Prop Hunt
- Reduced from 3 rounds to 2 rounds, increased round time
- Players can join a match in progress during the first round
- Optimized starting score for players who join a match in progress
- A new spring themed Prop Hunt is coming Soon!
- Practice Vs. AI Mode: This mode will no longer add other human players
- Invulnerable timer after respawn changed to 4 seconds
- Frontline: Invulnerable timer after respawn changed to 4 seconds
- Gun Game: added new weapons to the rotation
- Snipers Only: Sniper Rifle optics will be changed to default scopes
- Reduced S36 stability, increased horizontal recoil
- Reduced LMG sprint-to-fire speed
- Reduced MSMC stability and short range damage
- Reduced Type 25 close range damage
- Increase flinch when shot by Locus, DL Q33, Arctic .50
- Greatly increase ASM10 stability, increased damage range
- Reduced LK24 damage range
- Increased BK57 damage range
- Increased ICR damage range
- Increased AK47 and Man-O-War stability
- Optimized sliding and jumping action
- Fixed a bug in FFA where the Trophy System destroys your own projectiles
- Fixed DL Q33 – Holidays sound bug
- Fixed voice announcement when a teammate uses a Predator Missile
- Fixed a bug where the player earns Hardpoint Kill bonus points when they use a VTOL while sitting within the Hardpoint zone
- Fixed voice announcer bug in DOM mode
New Mode: FPP Warfare
- FPP Warfare Mode: 20v20 clash using First Person Perspective only
- Stay tuned for more information about this upcoming limited time mode!
Easter Egg Event
- During our BR Easter Egg Event there will be some changes to the Circus area, go check it out!
- Pay close attention to Eggs laid out on the map, go break them apart!
- Added UL736 LMG & HS2126 Shotgun to BR
Bug Fixes & Optimization
- Fixed a bug where players are unable to equip the Axe and Baseball Bat
- We have changed the melee weapon interface; Players must now select a melee weapon
- Improved lobby UI and visuals for a more user-friendly experience after the Season 4 Ranked Mode ends; Players must update to the latest version to start climbing the ranks in the new season.
- Soap and Outrider received a little extra polish
- Fixed a bug where opening the friend list in the mode lobby will cause the game to freeze
We are looking forward to seeing what you all think about the update (that S36 nerf really did happen) and what we have coming next week! For now, have one more glimpse at something coming soon, the Shock RC, our newest scorestreak which will be available as a part of the Steel Legion Battle Pass.
And here’s the trailer for Meltdown:
SOURCE: The Call of Duty: Mobile Team
Video shows off drastic evolution of Call of Duty Zombies from World at War to Cold War
This one is for the dedicated Zombies fans who have been around since Nacht der Untoten, as this video celebrates the evolution of Call of Duty Zombies.
For those Zombies fans who have been there from the start, here’s a great way to reminisce and relive the Call of Duty Zombies experience we all hold so dearly.
Call of Duty Zombies is still around in today’s Call of Duty, surviving ever since the 2008 classic World at War that started that fan-favorite game mode.
Although a lot has changed since then, players still love the mode, and what better way to bring back good old memories than this video showing the evolution of Zombies.
The video is by Evolution List on YouTube, a channel dedicated to showing the evolution of various games that have stood the test of time.
In the video, fans are given a walkthrough of Zombies from 2008 all the way to 2021, with Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War being the latest entry in the high-profile Call of Duty franchise to feature a Zombies game mode that recently saw its newest map, Mauer der Toten, added in the Season 4 Reloaded update.
Although the video is fairly short, spanning only 5 minutes, viewers are given one classic Zombies map from each Call of Duty game that possessed Zombies.
Evolution of Zombies video
Although the mode was mostly in Treyarch-developed Call of Duty games, there have been many variations of the mode, with the video also including WWII’s Zombies, Advanced Warfare’s Exo Zombies, CoD Mobile’s Zombies, and Infinite Warfare’s Zombies.
Some of the classic maps showcased include:
- World at War’s Nacht der Untoten
- Black Ops’ Five
- Black Ops 3’s Shadows of Evil
- Black Ops 4’s IX
Of course, there are many other maps shown in the video, but we don’t want to spoil it all!
If you’re a fan of Zombies, this is a great watch so make sure to check out the video below.
Image Credits: Treyarch / Activision / Evolution List
Call of Duty players want a Battlefield Portal inspired mode in the future
After FPS fans were blown away by Battlefield Portal’s reveal, Call of Duty fans want to see a similar mode in the future.
Battlefield 2042’s REDACTED mode was finally announced at EA Play: Battlefield Portal. This is a hub for content from previous Battlefield games, and Call of Duty players want to see a similar mode in the future.
Like Battlefield, Call of Duty has depicted various theatres of war over the years, both real and fictional. Although Battlefield 2042 is set in the near future, as a throwback for long-time fans of the franchise, they’ve included Battlefield Portal.
This brings weapons, maps, vehicles, and more from Battlefield 1942, Bad Company 2, and Battlefield 3 into one, ultimate sandbox experience. Impressed with the new mode, Call of Duty fans have been asking for a similar experience.
Call of Duty fans have been desperate for remasters of their favorite games from the franchise, with Modern Warfare 2’s multiplayer being the most prominent. Black Ops Cold War is chock-full of maps from Black Ops 2, but players still want to see more content from the games they grew up with.
Battlefield 2042 found the solution to this with their new Portal mode. With access to a ton of content from previous Battlefield games, players can create almost any custom game mode they can dream up.
“And that’s how you incorporate remastered content into your game,” said renowned industry insider Tom Henderson after seeing the reveal. He followed this by theorizing that Call of Duty will create something similar in the “next 5 years.”
His theory was met with resounding excitement, with many Call of Duty players wanting to see their favorite multiplayer and Zombies experiences return in the same way.
Battlefield Portal “truly could be the next BIG THING for creators,” said popular YouTuber Chaosxsilencer. “Imagine a Call of Duty Portal with BO2, BO3, WaW, MW2, MW3 assets all usable and customizable.”
“The custom game options available with #BATTLEFIELD2042 and the Battlefield Portal are amazing. So many options and ways to be creative and have fun,” said Call of Duty news account ModernWarzone. “@RavenSoftware we need things like this in Warzone, especially with Battlefield announcing this today.”
With how extensive of a backlog Call of Duty has, it’s very likely that Activision will take inspiration from Battlefield’s exciting new mode – and the demand for it is certainly there.
If you can’t wait to play Battlefield 2042, you can check out how to get access to the Open Beta in September.
Image Credit: Activision / EA
Zombies World Record beaten after nearly 300 hours of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
It took one Twitch streamer nearly 300 hours of gameplay to beat the World Record for Black Ops 3’s Nacht Der Untoten Zombies.
One player has done the unthinkable and beaten the Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Nacht Der Untoten Zombies World Record by reaching round 255.
Zombies has a storied history dating all the way back to 2008 when Call of Duty: World at War came bundled with a bonus mini-game called ‘Nacht der Untoten.’ The legendary Nazi Zombies mode would go on to reach ridiculous levels of popularity to the point that Treyarch had to make extra Zombies maps.
Since then, virtually every single CoD title has included new versions and variations of the Zombies formula. Black Ops Cold War is currently enjoying the launch of Mauer Der Toten, the freshest Zombies experience.
However, one Twitch streamer has overlooked modern Zombies in favor of a previous game – Black Ops 3. After 20 days of playing the same game of Nacht Der Untoten on and off, a new World Record was set.
The feat was accomplished by CoD Zombies Twitch streamer TomPhantasy as he smashed the previous record by a staggering 40 rounds to reach Round 255.
Beginning his run on July 2, he spent the next 20 days clocking up nearly 300 hours of game time to obliterate the previous Nacht Der Untoten record.
Remarkably, he was only downed twice, and they both came once he’d surpassed the record figure anyway.
The final seconds of the footage are of the streamer clearing up the last few dregs of Zombies until the round icon in the bottom-left changes to 255.
This absolutely smashes the previous record of 216 rounds set by user Chihiro-516, and may never be beaten.
Dexerto was even able to secure an exclusive word with the streamer to get more reaction to his feat: “The Zombies community has been supporting me for months when I have been attempting this record through the highs and lows,” he said.
He continued: “I knew I had to keep going, because after 24.8 days the game freezes, This meant I had to play 13+ hours per day for those 25 days.”
Massive congratulations need to go to the player who was able to gut his way through an arduous three weeks of Zombies. With Mauer Der Toten very much the new Zombies craze, we wonder if he will one day attempt to set the record for it.
Also, for some more incredible accomplishments, check out the Cold War player who reached 10th Prestige without killing a single player.
Image Credit: Activision / TomPhantasy
Apex Legends devs drop major clue about next Heirloom
The next Apex Legends Heirloom has been hinted at by a Respawn Entertainment dev, along with talk of new buffs...
Activision Blizzard CEO issues new statement on lawsuit, saying initial response was ‘tone deaf’
Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick sent out a new email internally to the entire company’s staff on July 27 further...
Fortnite Season 7 live event countdown timer: start date & theme
A countdown timer has appeared in the world of Fortnite, and it looks to be counting down the moments until...