It’s now been one month since the launch of Call of Duty: Mobile, which reached 100 million users in its first week.
The team at Activision and TIMI Studios have continued to update the game since launch, including the new Halloween event, which will be ending soon.
On a Reddit on Nov 1, Activision provided an update on the state of the Mobile game and a look at new playlists coming to it soon.
Check out the full details from Activision:
We wanted to respond to your requests for clarification about this themed event, including more details of how it works and the probabilities of getting those unique items. We have made many changes over the last week to address that.
- An in-game article linked to the event that shows more detailed probabilities for obtaining each Lucky Draw item.
- Summaries of the event breakdown in that linked article.
We aim to have these events feel fair and as clear as possible. With Lucky Draw and other events there are always considerations to make them more clear or balanced based on your feedback, so please do keep letting us know how you feel, positive or negative.
We are always listening and receptive. For now, we are committed to making these changes to show you exactly how an event works and how rare each item might be.
News & Updates
The Halloween event continues this week with plenty of that content carrying into November, but coming up we also have new challenges, limited time modes, and a brand-new way to play Battle Royale. Take to the skies with the Airborne Chip and find vertically dynamic ways to drop in on unsuspecting opponents!
We have no plans to slow down and here is just a glimpse of the offerings this week:
· 11/1 ~ Halloween Event continues…
· 11/2 – 11/3 ~ 2X Player XP Weekend
· 11/1 – 11/7 ~ Rockets Only Mode and Challenge
· 11/4 – 11/10 ~ Weekly Battle Royale Challenge
· 11/4 – 11/11 ~ Airborne Class Event
\All Dates UTC*
Nestled in between all those events are login events and Personal Milestones, some of which offer access to weapons (like the MSMC Abnormality), cosmetics, or other items. They are new ways to challenge yourself, complete objectives, and grab more tantalizing gear.
Lastly, if you haven’t been keeping up, take a look at our Activision Blog that is regularly updated for all things COD Mobile, whether it is map walkthroughs, strategies for BR or MP, event info, or more.
Over the last two community updates we’ve addressed several pieces of feedback that the community had been inquiring about and there are still a few continuously coming up: controller support and login options.
We’d just like to reiterate that both are still being worked on. We hear you and we also care a great deal about both topics, which is why we are taking the time to make sure they are both fully fleshed out, balanced, and ready to go before announcing anything.
Bots in COD Mobile
- Since release we have seen many different inquiries of all types about Bots in Multiplayer and Battle Royale. We know you all have a great many questions about this, so let’s talk about Bots. We added bots into Call of Duty: Mobile to provide a way for new players to grow, learn, and thrive without the constant threat of a full team of higher level & more experienced players continually dominating them.
- They still provide a challenge while allowing you to learn the ins & outs of levels, test out new builds or weapons, and gradually increase your skill. Bots are not present in Ranked matches and in other modes as you grow in skill, you’ll see fewer and fewer bots present. We appreciate all of feedback surrounding this and we will be looking to improve those systems throughout the lifespan of the game.
- This has been a frequently discussed topic this week with many players pinging us about it and we publicly have shown that we are continuously investigating & enforcing on those who wish to upset the balance of the game by using cheats or exploits.
- This will continue to evolve alongside the game as people try to find new ways to break the system and as our teams work to make anti-cheat as strong as possible. All that we ask for now is report report report! Please continue to report players in-game, but also feel free to tag us or PM us on Reddit or any social media channel. Just make sure to provide the following info:
- Usernames and user ID (if available)
- Date and time of reported match
- We have no intention of banning players automatically just based on a report, but we will appropriately investigate and enforce on any players who are found to be cheating.
Credit Store Refresh
- Since our last update the community has been asking about refreshing the items in-game credits store and how often that will happen. Well, hopefully by the time you are reading this update you’ve noticed that the store has just updated! We intend to refresh that frequently in order to always provide options to purchase a variety of different weapons or items with in-game currency.
Just a reminder, while we are always looking for feedback in community spaces, you can also report that in-game (hint – look under the ? icon next to the messages icon).
For any issue please reach out to Activision Support through the in-game options, but if you are unable to reach out in-game then there is always an online option available through social media or through Contact Us.
- We have seen some reports of a potential issue with continuously receiving temporary bans and that is being investigated. Please note that it may be due to the device having conflicting software that is preventing COD Mobile from updating your player data. If you are encountering that issue, please try uninstalling anything that may potentially be interacting with the app.
- This has come up each week so far with and originally it was all about issues linking your Facebook. For that try please try clearing your cache and you can find a step by step breakdown of how to clear your cache on Activision Support’s COD Mobile FAQ. However, the more recent contacts are about moving data. Please note that you are currently unable to move your stats/data from one account to another.
- If you are still encountering any issues purchasing anything from the in-game store, whether it is COD Points or a specific item, please make sure the transaction was successful, wait a few hours & restart the game in case there is a delay, and if you still don’t see the purchase then please contact Player Support.