A new update for Call of Duty: Mobile has arrived on iOS and Android!
This new major update brings the highly anticipated Zombies mode to the Call of Duty: Mobile game giving players the third mode to play in the title alongside Multiplayer and Battle Royale.
Alongside the new Zombies update, there’s also a new map – Summit from Black Ops – added to the game. This update also brings snow themes to the Battle Royale mode.
The new Battle Pass Season begins on November 25.
Greetings Call of Duty: Mobile community, week after week we’ve been talking about many different upcoming features, changes, and pieces of content being worked on by our teams and today we get to show you the fruit of that labor.
Today we are releasing the Season 2 Update for Call of Duty: Mobile! This update is live now in all regions and to update just search for Call of Duty: Mobile on the Android or Apple storefront.
We are going to go outside of the normal format this Community Update to focus more on the update, the content inside of it, and then the update notes. You all have been asking for many of these features or new pieces of content and we are thrilled to be sharing it with you all in detail! Let’s get to it!
Call of Duty: Mobile – Zombies Mode
The horde is here and ready challenge you and three friends in this new zombies experience brought to Call of Duty: Mobile! Here is a quick look at the zombies and its two modes:
Venture out into the classic Call of Duty: World War at War zombies’ map Shi No Numa and explore as much as you can with your teammates while preparing for the final battle.
- Traditional points-based system with wall buys for weapons and locked doors
- Boarding windows and killing zombies are the two primary ways of earning points
- Round based with an 8-round limit for Normal difficulty
- Round based with a 12-round limit for Hardcore difficulty
- On the 8/12th rounds all players are sent to fight for their lives against the Abomination (boss)
- Earn new zombies exclusive loot each time you play (check in-game for specifics)
- Explore above and below ground to find clues about the reason the lab was abandoned
Endless Survival Mode
Participate in this traditional zombies mode where it is all up to you determine how long you can survive against the undead hordes. This is your classic endless wave-based mode with all the features listed above for Raid Mode minus the boss fight. Compete against your friends and the general community to last the longest on the zombies mode leaderboards.
For both modes, make sure to seek out and collect those unique weapons that will give you perks specific to that mode. However, these weapons may not all be found on wall-buys, so if you cannot find a weapon turn to the mystery box.
For new or returning zombies players you can find more details, tips, and general information about this new limited time mode in our ZOMBIES Mode blog post that will be releasing soon on the Activision Blog.
Every week you’ve been asking for it and now it is here, controller support! Here is the basic overview:
How It Works
- DUALSHOCK4 PlayStation 4 and official Xbox One controllers are supported
- 1st gen versions of those official PS4 controllers are not supported
- Controllers will only work in matches and not in menus.
- You should enable controller settings in-game before syncing your wireless controller
- Players will only be matched with other players who are using controllers
- However, if you are in a party and one your party member uses a controller then the whole party will be matched with other players using controllers.
For more details, like how to setup a controller or to see what kind of control options you’ll have then head in-game to the Help Section (the Question Mark to the left of your Inbox) and Controllers and Emulators.
Additional Login Options
While we still have additional options coming for this and new ways to link your account or login, we do have two new ways to login with this update: Google Play & Game Center.
When using a Guest account you will now have the option to link that guest account to your Google Play or Game Center account. That will allow you to save, protect, and sync your data to those accounts. However, unlike Facebook or Line this does not pull any information over, like your profile picture.
Warning, you will not be able to switch from a previous account to one of these new login options without losing your player data, but all players may now utilize these options to initially setup and link your account.
New maps, new modes, new content, and plenty of fixes and changes. For those you are seeking new ways to interact with your clan and receive rewards for doing so you’ll now be able to participate in daily clan missions. This comes alongside a new clan weekly and season ranking system.
If you’ve been yearning for new maps to master then look no further, we have a limited time winter themed version of Raid coming this season alongside our featured map from this update: Summit.
Multiplayer isn’t the only mode getting plenty of love in this update, but you’ll now find new areas of the map to explore alongside a winter themed update.
For those of you who are looking to truly explore make sure to look for changes & additions beyond just snowy areas with new weapon to acquire, the M16, and new events to encounter. Other players aren’t all there is to find roaming the snowy hills and streets of Isolated.
Call of Duty: Mobile 2.0 Update Notes
Season 2 Update is Live! The new season runs from 11.25.2019 to 1.15.2020
- New winter themed rewards for ranked Multiplayer and Battle Royale!
- New Premium and Free Battle Pass Rewards!
- New Characters and themed content
- Ranked Improvements
- Season 1 rank will not be reset, and will influence starting rank in Season 2
- Scoring experience has been balanced at higher ranks
- Optimized ranked matchmaking to reduce wait times
- Banned players will be removed from leaderboards
- Improved scoring issues in rare cases
Controller Support available!
- For players using DUALSHOCK 4 Wireless Controllers on certain versions Android devices there is currently an issue with certain features or the controller itself not functioning. We are investigating these issues. Please keep an eye out for updates.
- Generation 2 and later wireless Playstation 4 and Xbox controllers are now supported in matches
- Controller support is currently unavailable in lobby, store and loadout
Zombie mode is here! The long-awaited zombie mode is now live with two different modes
- Play classic Survival or objective driven Raid mode on the Shi No Numa map
- Find the Easter Eggs to explore additional content
- Unlock new zombies unique content
New Limited Time Modes
- One Shot, One Kill
- First to 20 kills with a J358 Revolver wins!
- Sticks and Stones
- Mix of melee, Molotovs and limited Operator Skills in this new mode. First to 20 kills wins
- Prop Hunt
- Become either the hunter or hunted in this popular Call of Duty mode!
- New Map: Summit
- Battle it out in this high altitude location from the Black Ops universe
- Available for TDM, Domination, Search and Destroy and Frontline
- Limited time holiday themed Raid map
- New Operator Skill and Scorestreak coming soon
- New map areas
- Circus themed area
- Snowy areas
- Map improvements
- Expanded the underground area of the bus station
- New Limited Time Battle Royale Mode
- Sniper Rifle Challenge: Become the last one standing while using a sniper rifle only
- New weapon
- M16 rifle that fires 5.56mm ammo
- New Battle Royale Class coming soon!
- Battle Royale holiday events coming soon!
- Daily Clan missions
- Earn credits by completing clan missions
- New Weekly and Season clan ranking system
- New experience bonus for playing with your friends
Improvements and Optimizations
- – Season 1 rank will not be reset, and will influence starting rank in Season 2
- – Scoring experience has been balanced at higher ranks
- – Optimized ranked matchmaking to reduce wait times
- – Banned players will be removed from leaderboards
- – Improved scoring calculations for rare circumstances
- – Optimized the bullet penetration of certain walls in some MP maps
- – Optimized the mantling of various objects in MP
- – Improved natural lighting on MP maps
- – Added firing during hip fire to ADS transition
- – Added fixed joystick option in settings
- – Added a firing turn function in setting
- – Optimize the firing responsiveness in Multiplayer and Battle Royale
- – Slightly increased the charge up time of Sparrow operator skill
- – Slightly increased firing rate of LK24
- – Slightly increased Chicom damage, while reduced damage effectiveness at longer distances
- – Slightly increased range of the HG 40 while reducing damage effectiveness at longer distances
- – Slightly increased damage of W1200 and M1887 shotguns
- – Slightly increased vertical recoil of Arctic .50 and extended the aiming time
- – Slightly increased the distance of DLQ33
- – Slightly increased recoil of UL736 and M4LMG
- – Slightly reduced the lethality of AKS74U at medium and long ranges and slightly increased recoil
- – Slightly increased recoil of AK117
- – Slightly reduced forward movement speed
- – Optic attachments will slightly affect ADS speed
- – Optimized recoil animations while in hip fire and ADS
- – Optimized reloading animation to sync with ammo increase
- – Improved bullet hit detection
- – Improved melee hit detection
- – Improved weapon firing control
- – Improved the firing sounds for all weapons
- – Optimized the equipment throwing and trajectory indicator
- – Optimized quick throw function in settings
- – Added kill confirmation sound
- – Added a marking system to multiplayer
- – Slightly reduced damage taken when outside the safe zone
- – Improved the logic of safe zone spawn
- – Improved the information displayed on mini map
- – Optimized recoil performance for lower frame rates
- – Improved accuracy of directional sounds of footsteps and weapons
- – Optimized the pursuit performance of FHJ for airdrop aircraft.
- – Optimized timing of thermal sights
- – Slightly increased Chicom damage, while reduced damage effectiveness at longer distances
- – Significantly increased the damage of gas bombs on Zombies
- – Slightly reduced the number of vehicle spawns
- – Improved control of certain vehicles
- – Optimized loading of vehicle assets
- – Added vehicle health indicator for driver
- – Improved logic of air drop location
- – Reduced health of Zombie summoned by Toy Bomb
- – Slightly reduced slowdown effect of EMP Drone
- – Resolved issue with EMP Drone colliding with obstacles
- – Improved camera behavior for improved overall performance
- – Improved movement while using stairs
- – Improved movement while climbing through windows
System and Client
- – Improved battery usage and temperature
- – Improved performance on minimum spec devices
- – Improved “Play Again” functionality
- – Improved game descriptions in mode selection
- – Added support for displaying HD images for avatars
- – Support for adding friends from profile information screen
- – Improved display information of players in matches
- – Various bug fixes
We hope you made it through to the end of that massive list of new content, fixes, changes, and everything coming with our huge Season 2 Update. Please let us know what you think of all it, whether it is weapon balance, new maps, zombies mode, or anything you wish to discuss with the community!
There is still more on the way, so keep an eye out for the Season 2 Battle Pass coming out November 25th and some posts providing additional information about that.
CoD community split as players reveal the worst ever Call of Duty game
Call of Duty players were asked to reveal which game they believe to be the franchise’s worst and the results were far from unanimous.
CoD fans usually have passionate opinions when it comes to debating the franchise’s best game, but the same could be said when the community was asked to reveal the worst Call of Duty game ever.
As Vanguard’s cycle slowly comes to a close with Season 5 on the horizon, it’s the perfect time to indulge in some nostalgia and look back through the years of the Call of Duty franchise. Call of Duty has been around for so long that most players will have significantly different answers when asked what their favorite or least favorite CoD game is.
While the replies revealed that most players view Black Ops 2 or Black Ops 3 as the best Call of Duty game ever made, the same cannot be said for their opinion of the franchise’s worst game.
The replies for the “Worst Call of Duty” section were varied but a trend did begin to appear after a couple thousand responses. It seems most players opted for Vanguard as the worst game the franchise has put forth.
There’s no doubt that some recency bias likely impacted these results, but Vanguard has been one of the most hated Call of Duty games ever made. Despite being fresh in peoples’ minds, the game has come under fire for being a mess since it was released.
First Played Call of Duty: Black ops 2— Terri (@TerrificShoe333) August 15, 2022
Most Recent Call of Duty: MW 2019
Favorite Call of Duty: Black ops 3
Worst Call of Duty: Vanguard
Vanguard seemed to be the most popular answer, but it failed to grasp a majority vote as players consistently spread their answers between a few titles. 2019’s Modern Warfare was another popular choice.
The game is notably polarizing as most either loved it or hated it. Some players sunk countless hours into the game as its multiplayer kept CoD fans busy throughout the pandemic. Meanwhile, competitive players and content creators shared a disdain for the game’s core mechanics.
First played Call of Duty: CoD 2— Xclusive Ace (@TheXclusiveAce) August 15, 2022
Most recent Call of Duty: Vanguard
Best Call of Duty: BO2
Worst Call of Duty: MW2019
Aside from Modern Warfare 2019, and Vanguard, Call of Duty: Ghosts, WWII, and Infinite Warfare were also quite popular responses. With WWII and Vanguard being two boots-on-the-ground WWII-era CoD games, it seems players don’t take kindly to this style and setting.
Only time will tell if the highly anticipated Modern Warfare 2 will have a strong enough impact on players to eventually become a valid answer for this CoD questionnaire. Of course, Infinity Ward will be hoping it improves on its predecessor and makes its way to the “Best” side of the debate.
Image Credit: Activision
Microsoft explain why Call of Duty will stay on PlayStation after Xbox exclusivity rumors
Microsoft have reiterated their claim that Call of Duty will remain on PlayStation and gave one simple reason why.
Both PlayStations fans and Sony itself have expressed concern over Call of Duty becoming Xbox and PC exclusive, but Microsoft have reiterated their claim that the games will remain on PlayStation, giving one simple reason why.
Microsoft announced their shock buyout of Activision Blizzard back in January 2022, with the deal set to close in Summer 2023. While Microsoft previously stated that there are no plans to make Call of Duty Xbox and PC-exclusive, Sony still expressed concern.
As reported by VGC, Microsoft responded to these concerns in a document sent to Brazil’s Administrative Council for Economic Defense (CADE). Here, they accused Sony of blocking games from Xbox Game Pass and reiterated that it “wouldn’t be profitable” to remove Call of Duty from PlayStation.
Microsoft acquired Bethesda back in 2021, and have already started making their games, such as Starfield, Xbox and PC exclusive. However, in this document, Microsoft insisted that Sony shouldn’t worry about Call of Duty being removed from PlayStation.
“Regardless of how unsurprising Sony‘s criticism of content exclusivity is – given that PlayStation’s entire strategy has been centered on exclusivity over the years – the reality is that the strategy of retaining Activision Blizzard’s games by not distributing them in rival console shops would simply not be profitable for Microsoft,” claimed Microsoft.
Microsoft gave several reasons why they wouldn’t remove future Call of Duty games from PlayStation, but it all boiled down to profit.
“The hypothetical adoption of any content discontinuation strategy would not be profitable for Microsoft and, even if implemented, such strategies would have no competitive impact, for the reasons described above,” concluded Microsoft.
There are also reports that there are contractual agreements that ensure the next three Call of Duty games will be on both Xbox and PlayStation. Rumors suggest that Call of Duty 2024 will be developed by Treyarch, and Activision have even teased a new premium game for 2023.
Image Credit: Activision
Huge Black Ops 4 campaign leak reveals scrapped ‘Career’ mode details & concept art
Black Ops 4’s scrapped campaign has reportedly appeared online in a huge leak showing off concept art and breaking down a ton of details.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 went against the norm by opting to skip a campaign, despite it reportedly being in development for some time. Four years later, a leak puts together a ton of information about the scrapped ‘Career’ mode which was set to be an online 2v2 experience.
While Call of Duty players typically enjoy the blockbuster campaigns, it’s arguably multiplayer that brings them back year after year. Despite rumors suggesting that a Black Ops 4 Campaign was in development, the game launched in 2018 without a single-player mode.
Now, almost four years later with Modern Warfare 2 on the horizon, a ton of info has dropped detailing exactly what Black Ops 4’s campaign mode could have been.
Reddit user Purpletoaster20 said this huge post in the GamingLeaksAndRumours subreddit was the result of “months of research & discussion with people who have inside knowledge of this mode,” and it includes images of internal powerpoints, concept art, and a detailed breakdown of each mission.
The campaign was dubbed ‘Career’ and would be an online 2v2 mode where players would “race to the finish” against the opposing duo, and whichever side won would affect how the rest of the session would progress.
Taking place in a post-Black Ops 3 2070, there would be “The Year of Chaos” after a pandemic and climate disasters would “heavily diminish the world’s resources.”
Each duo would pick their preferred faction, and then need to battle against AI to complete their objectives ahead of the other team. Plus, there would also be PvP sections with Blackout mechanics, where death would result in respawning back at a base near to the action.
This mode would have counted towards player progression, with each Black Ops 4 season adding several new missions for players to complete.
Four missions were “nearly complete,” and the Reddit user detailed them all in the Reddit post. In these missions, players had to complete Call of Duty-esque objectives such as blowing up convoys and hacking and defending terminals.
But why was this huge mode canceled? According to the Reddit user, it was “due to technical issues & the overall gameplay loop being described as too repetitive,” as well as the release being pushed forward by a month. They also claim that the leaked gameplay wasn’t from the campaign, but was actually from a Specialist HQ mode.
The Reddit user said they’ll be putting all of this information together in a 30-minute video on August 18.
Image Credit: Activision
Warzone Season 5 Rage Serum Field Upgrade explained
Warzone Season 5 will introduce a brand-new Field Upgrade to players known as Rage Serum, which has some pretty astounding...
All Vanguard & Warzone weapons arriving in Season 5
Here are all of the weapons coming to both Call of Duty: Vanguard & Warzone Pacific in the Season 5...
Modern Warfare 2 players spot real-life location for campaign mission
An attentive viewer managed to spot a real-life location from Modern Warfare 2's campaign early access reveal.