A new update for Call of Duty: Mobile has arrived on iOS and Android!
This new major update brings the highly anticipated Zombies mode to the Call of Duty: Mobile game giving players the third mode to play in the title alongside Multiplayer and Battle Royale.
Alongside the new Zombies update, there’s also a new map – Summit from Black Ops – added to the game. This update also brings snow themes to the Battle Royale mode.
The new Battle Pass Season begins on November 25.
Greetings Call of Duty: Mobile community, week after week we’ve been talking about many different upcoming features, changes, and pieces of content being worked on by our teams and today we get to show you the fruit of that labor.
Today we are releasing the Season 2 Update for Call of Duty: Mobile! This update is live now in all regions and to update just search for Call of Duty: Mobile on the Android or Apple storefront.
We are going to go outside of the normal format this Community Update to focus more on the update, the content inside of it, and then the update notes. You all have been asking for many of these features or new pieces of content and we are thrilled to be sharing it with you all in detail! Let’s get to it!
Call of Duty: Mobile – Zombies Mode
The horde is here and ready challenge you and three friends in this new zombies experience brought to Call of Duty: Mobile! Here is a quick look at the zombies and its two modes:
Venture out into the classic Call of Duty: World War at War zombies’ map Shi No Numa and explore as much as you can with your teammates while preparing for the final battle.
- Traditional points-based system with wall buys for weapons and locked doors
- Boarding windows and killing zombies are the two primary ways of earning points
- Round based with an 8-round limit for Normal difficulty
- Round based with a 12-round limit for Hardcore difficulty
- On the 8/12th rounds all players are sent to fight for their lives against the Abomination (boss)
- Earn new zombies exclusive loot each time you play (check in-game for specifics)
- Explore above and below ground to find clues about the reason the lab was abandoned
Endless Survival Mode
Participate in this traditional zombies mode where it is all up to you determine how long you can survive against the undead hordes. This is your classic endless wave-based mode with all the features listed above for Raid Mode minus the boss fight. Compete against your friends and the general community to last the longest on the zombies mode leaderboards.
For both modes, make sure to seek out and collect those unique weapons that will give you perks specific to that mode. However, these weapons may not all be found on wall-buys, so if you cannot find a weapon turn to the mystery box.
For new or returning zombies players you can find more details, tips, and general information about this new limited time mode in our ZOMBIES Mode blog post that will be releasing soon on the Activision Blog.
Every week you’ve been asking for it and now it is here, controller support! Here is the basic overview:
How It Works
- DUALSHOCK4 PlayStation 4 and official Xbox One controllers are supported
- 1st gen versions of those official PS4 controllers are not supported
- Controllers will only work in matches and not in menus.
- You should enable controller settings in-game before syncing your wireless controller
- Players will only be matched with other players who are using controllers
- However, if you are in a party and one your party member uses a controller then the whole party will be matched with other players using controllers.
For more details, like how to setup a controller or to see what kind of control options you’ll have then head in-game to the Help Section (the Question Mark to the left of your Inbox) and Controllers and Emulators.
Additional Login Options
While we still have additional options coming for this and new ways to link your account or login, we do have two new ways to login with this update: Google Play & Game Center.
When using a Guest account you will now have the option to link that guest account to your Google Play or Game Center account. That will allow you to save, protect, and sync your data to those accounts. However, unlike Facebook or Line this does not pull any information over, like your profile picture.
Warning, you will not be able to switch from a previous account to one of these new login options without losing your player data, but all players may now utilize these options to initially setup and link your account.
New maps, new modes, new content, and plenty of fixes and changes. For those you are seeking new ways to interact with your clan and receive rewards for doing so you’ll now be able to participate in daily clan missions. This comes alongside a new clan weekly and season ranking system.
If you’ve been yearning for new maps to master then look no further, we have a limited time winter themed version of Raid coming this season alongside our featured map from this update: Summit.
Multiplayer isn’t the only mode getting plenty of love in this update, but you’ll now find new areas of the map to explore alongside a winter themed update.
For those of you who are looking to truly explore make sure to look for changes & additions beyond just snowy areas with new weapon to acquire, the M16, and new events to encounter. Other players aren’t all there is to find roaming the snowy hills and streets of Isolated.
Call of Duty: Mobile 2.0 Update Notes
Season 2 Update is Live! The new season runs from 11.25.2019 to 1.15.2020
- New winter themed rewards for ranked Multiplayer and Battle Royale!
- New Premium and Free Battle Pass Rewards!
- New Characters and themed content
- Ranked Improvements
- Season 1 rank will not be reset, and will influence starting rank in Season 2
- Scoring experience has been balanced at higher ranks
- Optimized ranked matchmaking to reduce wait times
- Banned players will be removed from leaderboards
- Improved scoring issues in rare cases
Controller Support available!
- For players using DUALSHOCK 4 Wireless Controllers on certain versions Android devices there is currently an issue with certain features or the controller itself not functioning. We are investigating these issues. Please keep an eye out for updates.
- Generation 2 and later wireless Playstation 4 and Xbox controllers are now supported in matches
- Controller support is currently unavailable in lobby, store and loadout
Zombie mode is here! The long-awaited zombie mode is now live with two different modes
- Play classic Survival or objective driven Raid mode on the Shi No Numa map
- Find the Easter Eggs to explore additional content
- Unlock new zombies unique content
New Limited Time Modes
- One Shot, One Kill
- First to 20 kills with a J358 Revolver wins!
- Sticks and Stones
- Mix of melee, Molotovs and limited Operator Skills in this new mode. First to 20 kills wins
- Prop Hunt
- Become either the hunter or hunted in this popular Call of Duty mode!
- New Map: Summit
- Battle it out in this high altitude location from the Black Ops universe
- Available for TDM, Domination, Search and Destroy and Frontline
- Limited time holiday themed Raid map
- New Operator Skill and Scorestreak coming soon
- New map areas
- Circus themed area
- Snowy areas
- Map improvements
- Expanded the underground area of the bus station
- New Limited Time Battle Royale Mode
- Sniper Rifle Challenge: Become the last one standing while using a sniper rifle only
- New weapon
- M16 rifle that fires 5.56mm ammo
- New Battle Royale Class coming soon!
- Battle Royale holiday events coming soon!
- Daily Clan missions
- Earn credits by completing clan missions
- New Weekly and Season clan ranking system
- New experience bonus for playing with your friends
Improvements and Optimizations
- – Season 1 rank will not be reset, and will influence starting rank in Season 2
- – Scoring experience has been balanced at higher ranks
- – Optimized ranked matchmaking to reduce wait times
- – Banned players will be removed from leaderboards
- – Improved scoring calculations for rare circumstances
- – Optimized the bullet penetration of certain walls in some MP maps
- – Optimized the mantling of various objects in MP
- – Improved natural lighting on MP maps
- – Added firing during hip fire to ADS transition
- – Added fixed joystick option in settings
- – Added a firing turn function in setting
- – Optimize the firing responsiveness in Multiplayer and Battle Royale
- – Slightly increased the charge up time of Sparrow operator skill
- – Slightly increased firing rate of LK24
- – Slightly increased Chicom damage, while reduced damage effectiveness at longer distances
- – Slightly increased range of the HG 40 while reducing damage effectiveness at longer distances
- – Slightly increased damage of W1200 and M1887 shotguns
- – Slightly increased vertical recoil of Arctic .50 and extended the aiming time
- – Slightly increased the distance of DLQ33
- – Slightly increased recoil of UL736 and M4LMG
- – Slightly reduced the lethality of AKS74U at medium and long ranges and slightly increased recoil
- – Slightly increased recoil of AK117
- – Slightly reduced forward movement speed
- – Optic attachments will slightly affect ADS speed
- – Optimized recoil animations while in hip fire and ADS
- – Optimized reloading animation to sync with ammo increase
- – Improved bullet hit detection
- – Improved melee hit detection
- – Improved weapon firing control
- – Improved the firing sounds for all weapons
- – Optimized the equipment throwing and trajectory indicator
- – Optimized quick throw function in settings
- – Added kill confirmation sound
- – Added a marking system to multiplayer
- – Slightly reduced damage taken when outside the safe zone
- – Improved the logic of safe zone spawn
- – Improved the information displayed on mini map
- – Optimized recoil performance for lower frame rates
- – Improved accuracy of directional sounds of footsteps and weapons
- – Optimized the pursuit performance of FHJ for airdrop aircraft.
- – Optimized timing of thermal sights
- – Slightly increased Chicom damage, while reduced damage effectiveness at longer distances
- – Significantly increased the damage of gas bombs on Zombies
- – Slightly reduced the number of vehicle spawns
- – Improved control of certain vehicles
- – Optimized loading of vehicle assets
- – Added vehicle health indicator for driver
- – Improved logic of air drop location
- – Reduced health of Zombie summoned by Toy Bomb
- – Slightly reduced slowdown effect of EMP Drone
- – Resolved issue with EMP Drone colliding with obstacles
- – Improved camera behavior for improved overall performance
- – Improved movement while using stairs
- – Improved movement while climbing through windows
System and Client
- – Improved battery usage and temperature
- – Improved performance on minimum spec devices
- – Improved “Play Again” functionality
- – Improved game descriptions in mode selection
- – Added support for displaying HD images for avatars
- – Support for adding friends from profile information screen
- – Improved display information of players in matches
- – Various bug fixes
We hope you made it through to the end of that massive list of new content, fixes, changes, and everything coming with our huge Season 2 Update. Please let us know what you think of all it, whether it is weapon balance, new maps, zombies mode, or anything you wish to discuss with the community!
There is still more on the way, so keep an eye out for the Season 2 Battle Pass coming out November 25th and some posts providing additional information about that.
How to play Rebirth Island in private matches
Season 3 of Black Ops Cold War has arrived in Warzone, and it has delivered the ability to play Rebirth Island in private matches.
Season 3 has officially arrived in Call of Duty: Warzone. It has brought plenty of changes, with one of the most notable is the ability to play private matches on Rebirth Island.
The first season of Black Ops Cold War content for Warzone saw Rebirth Island become the second map that players could battle on in the popular Call of Duty battle royale. The much smaller map and lower player count resulted in players being able to have quicker and even more intense matches than Verdansk.
While the community has been able to play private matches on Verdansk for some time now, the same has not been true for Rebirth Island, until now thanks to the Season 3 update for Warzone.
How to Play Rebirth Island in Private Matches
Players looking to customize their experience on the smaller Warzone map and host their own exclusive matches now can, thanks to the addition of private matches to the Black Ops Cold War map for Warzone.
Individuals who would like to set up these kinds of games on this particular map will need to head into Warzone and click on the tab at the very bottom of the Warzone playlist where you find all of the different game modes that you can play currently.
You will then need to select which game mode you would like to play. Once you have selected the game mode, you will be sent to the lobby screen, where you will be able to go to the bottom of the screen and switch the map from Verdansk to Rebirth Island.
Make sure you have enough players in the lobby to start a match, and then press start match.
There is no doubt that the addition of this feature to Verdansk was a hit amongst the community and will likely be used a great deal by players throughout Season 3 who prefer to get their victories and highlights on the smaller Warzone map instead of its larger predecessor.
The addition of this feature is just one of the many changes that have arrived in Warzone by way of the Season 3 update. From new weapons like the PPSH and Swiss K31 to the Hunt for Adler event, community members will have plenty to enjoy for the foreseeable future.
How to Get Your Call of Duty: Warzone Report
You now have the opportunity to get a detailed summary of your time playing in Verdansk thanks to the Call of Duty: Warzone report.
Players looking to see detailed statistics of their time spent playing the adrenaline-fueled battle royale of Call of Duty: Warzone can currently get their own report.
It has been an exciting year for the Call of Duty community, thanks largely to the success of Warzone and its entertaining battle royale action that has captivated the world.
Millions of players have taken to the battlefield of Verdansk to be the last player or team standing, resulting in plenty of impressive statistics culminating in the highly-anticipated nuke event that took place on April 21, 2021.
Individuals who may be interested in seeing their detailed stats can now do so by looking up their very own Call of Duty: Warzone report so you can put together some evidence the next time you are looking to brag to your friends.
How to Get Your Call of Duty: Warzone Report
The social media platform of Twitter is where you will need to make your way if you would like to get your hands on your own list of stats accumulated during your time playing the popular first-person shooter.
Once you are on your Twitter account, you will need to make a post with your Activision ID and the hashtag #WarzoneReport. This will then cause the official account for the high-profile franchise to reply to you and provide you with a customized image that shows a variety of statistics.
These statistics consist of your K/D ratio, total kills, deaths, hours played, the total number of wins you have gotten so far, and the total number of games you have played.
You can find an example in the tweet below:
There is no doubt that plenty of players will be happy to see the stats they have been able to put together so far in their career, while other players will be motivated to do better and have greatly improved stats the next time they get their report.
Players getting a summary of their career stats was just one of the highlights in the community on April 21, 2021, and there are sure to be plenty of more following the nuclear destruction of Verdansk and the official Season 3 update.
Glitch giving free Stitch Skin to Black Ops Cold War players
A glitch has been giving Black Ops Cold War players access to a new Stitch skin ahead of the Season 3 update for the first-person shooter.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War players have been confused about having access to a new Stitch skin ahead of the Season 3 update for the first-person shooter.
Stitch is one of the many Operators that players can choose to play as in Black Ops Cold War when they are gunning down zombies or battling it out against other players in multiplayer.
Skins for these Operators can be acquired through various means, but it looks as though a bug is currently allowing players to have a new Stitch skin unlocked without having to do anything.
Over on Twitter, The Baron of ZLand showed off this Stitch Brute skin and how they thought they were likely not supposed to have this skin unlocked when they launched Black Ops Cold War. Other players also have reported gaining access to this cosmetic item even if they did not have Stitch unlocked.
Players were able to use this new skin in matches and quickly discovered that the character was barefoot when using it.
This lead to many believing that having access to the skin was a mistake and that this unfinished nature of the item meant that Treyarch did not intend for it to be in the hands of players yet.
The Baron of ZLand later posted a tweet saying that this free Stitch skin had been removed from their inventory, lending more support to the idea that it had been an unintentional addition to the cosmetic inventories of players ahead of the Season 3 update for Black Ops Cold War.
While players are likely going to have to wait till later on in Season 3 to get their hands on this Stitch skin officially, there is still a wide array of exciting changes that will be taking place when the Season 3 update for Black Ops Cold War officially goes live on April 21 and April 22.
From a group of brand new weapons like the PPSH and Swiss K31 to a multitude of new maps for players to battle each other on, there will be plenty for players to enjoy when they finally get to use this Stitch Brute skin at some point in the future.
For more on Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, stay tuned to Charlie Intel for future news and guides.
Image Credits: Activision / Treyarch
Best FARA 83 loadout for CoD: Warzone Season 3
Season 3 of Warzone saw some major changes be made to the Fara 83 that will have players wanting to...
How to unlock Ballistic Knife in Cold War & Warzone Season 3
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Warzone players have the opportunity to unlock the fan-favorite Ballistic Knife during...
Best FOV Setting for Apex Legends
Apex Legends has a variety of settings which can enhance experience, FOV is one of these options but what's the...