A new update for Call of Duty: Mobile has arrived on iOS and Android!
This new major update brings the highly anticipated Zombies mode to the Call of Duty: Mobile game giving players the third mode to play in the title alongside Multiplayer and Battle Royale.
Alongside the new Zombies update, there’s also a new map – Summit from Black Ops – added to the game. This update also brings snow themes to the Battle Royale mode.
The new Battle Pass Season begins on November 25.
Greetings Call of Duty: Mobile community, week after week we’ve been talking about many different upcoming features, changes, and pieces of content being worked on by our teams and today we get to show you the fruit of that labor.
Today we are releasing the Season 2 Update for Call of Duty: Mobile! This update is live now in all regions and to update just search for Call of Duty: Mobile on the Android or Apple storefront.
We are going to go outside of the normal format this Community Update to focus more on the update, the content inside of it, and then the update notes. You all have been asking for many of these features or new pieces of content and we are thrilled to be sharing it with you all in detail! Let’s get to it!
Call of Duty: Mobile – Zombies Mode
The horde is here and ready challenge you and three friends in this new zombies experience brought to Call of Duty: Mobile! Here is a quick look at the zombies and its two modes:
Venture out into the classic Call of Duty: World War at War zombies’ map Shi No Numa and explore as much as you can with your teammates while preparing for the final battle.
- Traditional points-based system with wall buys for weapons and locked doors
- Boarding windows and killing zombies are the two primary ways of earning points
- Round based with an 8-round limit for Normal difficulty
- Round based with a 12-round limit for Hardcore difficulty
- On the 8/12th rounds all players are sent to fight for their lives against the Abomination (boss)
- Earn new zombies exclusive loot each time you play (check in-game for specifics)
- Explore above and below ground to find clues about the reason the lab was abandoned
Endless Survival Mode
Participate in this traditional zombies mode where it is all up to you determine how long you can survive against the undead hordes. This is your classic endless wave-based mode with all the features listed above for Raid Mode minus the boss fight. Compete against your friends and the general community to last the longest on the zombies mode leaderboards.
For both modes, make sure to seek out and collect those unique weapons that will give you perks specific to that mode. However, these weapons may not all be found on wall-buys, so if you cannot find a weapon turn to the mystery box.
For new or returning zombies players you can find more details, tips, and general information about this new limited time mode in our ZOMBIES Mode blog post that will be releasing soon on the Activision Blog.
Every week you’ve been asking for it and now it is here, controller support! Here is the basic overview:
How It Works
- DUALSHOCK4 PlayStation 4 and official Xbox One controllers are supported
- 1st gen versions of those official PS4 controllers are not supported
- Controllers will only work in matches and not in menus.
- You should enable controller settings in-game before syncing your wireless controller
- Players will only be matched with other players who are using controllers
- However, if you are in a party and one your party member uses a controller then the whole party will be matched with other players using controllers.
For more details, like how to setup a controller or to see what kind of control options you’ll have then head in-game to the Help Section (the Question Mark to the left of your Inbox) and Controllers and Emulators.
Additional Login Options
While we still have additional options coming for this and new ways to link your account or login, we do have two new ways to login with this update: Google Play & Game Center.
When using a Guest account you will now have the option to link that guest account to your Google Play or Game Center account. That will allow you to save, protect, and sync your data to those accounts. However, unlike Facebook or Line this does not pull any information over, like your profile picture.
Warning, you will not be able to switch from a previous account to one of these new login options without losing your player data, but all players may now utilize these options to initially setup and link your account.
New maps, new modes, new content, and plenty of fixes and changes. For those you are seeking new ways to interact with your clan and receive rewards for doing so you’ll now be able to participate in daily clan missions. This comes alongside a new clan weekly and season ranking system.
If you’ve been yearning for new maps to master then look no further, we have a limited time winter themed version of Raid coming this season alongside our featured map from this update: Summit.
Multiplayer isn’t the only mode getting plenty of love in this update, but you’ll now find new areas of the map to explore alongside a winter themed update.
For those of you who are looking to truly explore make sure to look for changes & additions beyond just snowy areas with new weapon to acquire, the M16, and new events to encounter. Other players aren’t all there is to find roaming the snowy hills and streets of Isolated.
Call of Duty: Mobile 2.0 Update Notes
Season 2 Update is Live! The new season runs from 11.25.2019 to 1.15.2020
- New winter themed rewards for ranked Multiplayer and Battle Royale!
- New Premium and Free Battle Pass Rewards!
- New Characters and themed content
- Ranked Improvements
- Season 1 rank will not be reset, and will influence starting rank in Season 2
- Scoring experience has been balanced at higher ranks
- Optimized ranked matchmaking to reduce wait times
- Banned players will be removed from leaderboards
- Improved scoring issues in rare cases
Controller Support available!
- For players using DUALSHOCK 4 Wireless Controllers on certain versions Android devices there is currently an issue with certain features or the controller itself not functioning. We are investigating these issues. Please keep an eye out for updates.
- Generation 2 and later wireless Playstation 4 and Xbox controllers are now supported in matches
- Controller support is currently unavailable in lobby, store and loadout
Zombie mode is here! The long-awaited zombie mode is now live with two different modes
- Play classic Survival or objective driven Raid mode on the Shi No Numa map
- Find the Easter Eggs to explore additional content
- Unlock new zombies unique content
New Limited Time Modes
- One Shot, One Kill
- First to 20 kills with a J358 Revolver wins!
- Sticks and Stones
- Mix of melee, Molotovs and limited Operator Skills in this new mode. First to 20 kills wins
- Prop Hunt
- Become either the hunter or hunted in this popular Call of Duty mode!
- New Map: Summit
- Battle it out in this high altitude location from the Black Ops universe
- Available for TDM, Domination, Search and Destroy and Frontline
- Limited time holiday themed Raid map
- New Operator Skill and Scorestreak coming soon
- New map areas
- Circus themed area
- Snowy areas
- Map improvements
- Expanded the underground area of the bus station
- New Limited Time Battle Royale Mode
- Sniper Rifle Challenge: Become the last one standing while using a sniper rifle only
- New weapon
- M16 rifle that fires 5.56mm ammo
- New Battle Royale Class coming soon!
- Battle Royale holiday events coming soon!
- Daily Clan missions
- Earn credits by completing clan missions
- New Weekly and Season clan ranking system
- New experience bonus for playing with your friends
Improvements and Optimizations
- – Season 1 rank will not be reset, and will influence starting rank in Season 2
- – Scoring experience has been balanced at higher ranks
- – Optimized ranked matchmaking to reduce wait times
- – Banned players will be removed from leaderboards
- – Improved scoring calculations for rare circumstances
- – Optimized the bullet penetration of certain walls in some MP maps
- – Optimized the mantling of various objects in MP
- – Improved natural lighting on MP maps
- – Added firing during hip fire to ADS transition
- – Added fixed joystick option in settings
- – Added a firing turn function in setting
- – Optimize the firing responsiveness in Multiplayer and Battle Royale
- – Slightly increased the charge up time of Sparrow operator skill
- – Slightly increased firing rate of LK24
- – Slightly increased Chicom damage, while reduced damage effectiveness at longer distances
- – Slightly increased range of the HG 40 while reducing damage effectiveness at longer distances
- – Slightly increased damage of W1200 and M1887 shotguns
- – Slightly increased vertical recoil of Arctic .50 and extended the aiming time
- – Slightly increased the distance of DLQ33
- – Slightly increased recoil of UL736 and M4LMG
- – Slightly reduced the lethality of AKS74U at medium and long ranges and slightly increased recoil
- – Slightly increased recoil of AK117
- – Slightly reduced forward movement speed
- – Optic attachments will slightly affect ADS speed
- – Optimized recoil animations while in hip fire and ADS
- – Optimized reloading animation to sync with ammo increase
- – Improved bullet hit detection
- – Improved melee hit detection
- – Improved weapon firing control
- – Improved the firing sounds for all weapons
- – Optimized the equipment throwing and trajectory indicator
- – Optimized quick throw function in settings
- – Added kill confirmation sound
- – Added a marking system to multiplayer
- – Slightly reduced damage taken when outside the safe zone
- – Improved the logic of safe zone spawn
- – Improved the information displayed on mini map
- – Optimized recoil performance for lower frame rates
- – Improved accuracy of directional sounds of footsteps and weapons
- – Optimized the pursuit performance of FHJ for airdrop aircraft.
- – Optimized timing of thermal sights
- – Slightly increased Chicom damage, while reduced damage effectiveness at longer distances
- – Significantly increased the damage of gas bombs on Zombies
- – Slightly reduced the number of vehicle spawns
- – Improved control of certain vehicles
- – Optimized loading of vehicle assets
- – Added vehicle health indicator for driver
- – Improved logic of air drop location
- – Reduced health of Zombie summoned by Toy Bomb
- – Slightly reduced slowdown effect of EMP Drone
- – Resolved issue with EMP Drone colliding with obstacles
- – Improved camera behavior for improved overall performance
- – Improved movement while using stairs
- – Improved movement while climbing through windows
System and Client
- – Improved battery usage and temperature
- – Improved performance on minimum spec devices
- – Improved “Play Again” functionality
- – Improved game descriptions in mode selection
- – Added support for displaying HD images for avatars
- – Support for adding friends from profile information screen
- – Improved display information of players in matches
- – Various bug fixes
We hope you made it through to the end of that massive list of new content, fixes, changes, and everything coming with our huge Season 2 Update. Please let us know what you think of all it, whether it is weapon balance, new maps, zombies mode, or anything you wish to discuss with the community!
There is still more on the way, so keep an eye out for the Season 2 Battle Pass coming out November 25th and some posts providing additional information about that.
All Black Ops 4 Prestige emblems & how to get them
Here’s every Black Ops 4 Prestige emblem across multiplayer, Zombies, and Blackout – and how to unlock them to show off your accomplishments.
Black Ops 4 was the last Call of Duty title to feature a traditional Prestige system, so here are all the emblems and how to get them.
In every Call of Duty game since the original CoD 4: Modern Warfare, players have been able to flex their skill and time put in my Prestiging.
This resets your rank back to level 1, giving you a new grind and rewards to show for it. One of these rewards is a cool-looking new emblem to show everyone in the lobby that you’re a serious competitor.
2018’s Black Ops 4 was the last Call of Duty to feature the classic Prestige system, so we’re taking a look at how to Prestige and every emblem in BO4.
How to Prestige in Black Ops 4
To Prestige in Black Ops 4, you need to hit the max level in the game. Once you’ve done that, you can Prestige and start unlocking new items as you continue to do so. And once you’ve Prestiged 10 times, you can hit Prestige Master and get another unique emblem.
The max level in Black Ops 4 is 55 in multiplayer and Zombies and 80 in Blackout, so you need to hit this level 10 times to be Prestige Master.
Here’s a simple guide to Prestiging in Black Ops 4:
- Play Black Ops 4 multiplayer, Zombies, or Blackout until you reach max level
- Press the ‘menu’ button and you’ll see a prompt saying, “Prestige mode available”
- Follow the prompt to the Progress & Unlocks screen
- Press ‘Enter Prestige Mode’ in the top right corner of the screen
You’ll have now Prestiged, so keep doing this until you hit Prestige Master!
All Black Ops 4 multiplayer Prestige emblems
There were 10 Prestige levels in Black Ops 4’s multiplayer, with a unique emblem available for players who reached Prestige Master.
Here’s every Black Ops 4 multiplayer Prestige emblem in order.
All Black Ops 4 Zombies Prestige emblems
Black Ops 4 offers separate Prestige emblems for the Zombies grinders. Again, there are 10 Prestige levels to climb through, and a special Prestige Master emblem for those who went above and beyond.
Here are Black Ops 4’s Zombies Prestige emblems.
Black Ops 4 Blackout Prestige emblems
As part of Operation Grand Heist, Call of Duty 4’s battle royale, Blackout, got its own Prestige system. This acts the same as multiplayer and Zombies, with those hitting level 80 being able to Prestige.
Here are all of Black Ops 4’s Blackout Prestige emblems.
And those are all of the Prestige emblems in Black Ops 4! For more on this Call of Duty title, check out how many people play it in 2021.
Image Credit:Treyarch / u/Swiiifto via Reddit
How many people play Black Ops 4? 2021 player count
Ever wondered how many people are currently playing Black Ops 4? We look at the 2018 Call of Duty title’s 2021 player count.
If you’re looking at picking up Black Ops 4, it’s worth knowing how many people are playing the game. We’re taking a look at how many are still playing 2018’s Call of Duty title in 2021.
Black Ops 4 was the last Call of Duty title to release before Modern Warfare and Black Ops Cold War shook up the formula. It featured the first-ever CoD battle royale, Blackout, which paved the way for Warzone’s incredible success.
The game became free as part of PlayStation Plus in July, but with no joint progression system, there’s less of a reason to go back to it. However, many still prefer the game’s mechanics and maps, so it still has a player base.
Here’s how many people are still playing Black Ops 4 in 2021.
What is Black Ops 4’s player count in 2021?
Unfortunately, there’s no precise way to tell how many people are playing Black Ops 4 in 2021. However, we’ve done some digging around various player count tracking websites to come up with a rough estimate.
According to PlayStation tracking website PS-Timetracker, Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 was played by 2,510 of their users in August 2021. Of course, the number is likely much higher because you must sign up to have your stats tracked, and it only takes PlayStation players into account.
Another website, PlayerCounter, says that, at the time of writing, there are roughly 12,000 people playing Call of Duty games released before Modern Warfare (2019). Unfortunately, Black Ops 4 has been included with the other previous CoD games, so there is no precise data.
From this info, we estimate that there is likely somewhere between 5,000-10,000 players playing Black Ops 4 in September 2021.
Black Ops 4 player count comparison
Activision revealed in May that Call of Duty: Warzone has had over 100 million players log in to the battle royale title. According to PlayerCounter, there are 2 million players playing Modern Warfare right now, but this likely takes Warzone into account too.
According to Steam Charts, Black Ops III has 1,300 active users and the rest of the Call of Duty titles on Steam, such as WWII and Advanced Warfare, have player counts only in the hundreds. However, incorporating consoles likely makes the player counts higher.
Image Credit: Activision
Black Ops Zombies fans are begging Treyarch for a standalone game
Call of Duty fans are once again calling on Activision to create and develop a massive standalone Zombies game.
Zombies is one of the most popular facets of any Call of Duty game, and fans are once again calling for a standalone game to create the biggest Zombies experience ever.
When Zombies was first added to Call of Duty: World at War back in 2008, few could have predicted the juggernaut it would become among fans of the legendary FPS series. Since then, Zombies has been a staple in Treyarch CoD games, while Sledgehammer and Infinity Ward have dabbled in it too.
Black Ops Cold War‘s take on the game is certainly one of the most ambitious, with the open-world Outbreak mode a fan favorite. While Cold War has plenty of undead action, fans are still calling for even more: a standalone Zombies game developed by Treyarch.
There’s definitely interest from the community around this idea, with Reddit user ‘shweba16’ posting their idea about how it could work on the CODZombies subreddit, while asking others for their thoughts on whether it was a good idea.
“What would you guys think if Zombies became its own separate game like Warzone with Treyarch [as] developers?” they asked. “What if this game had all the maps, running on BO3 mechanics, while also having the upgradeable features from Cold War?”
“The game gets a constant stream of updates, season after season, with Wonder Weapons and maps being added. I’m only saying this since there’s a huge disparity between how much time I’ve put into Zombies compared to multiplayer this year.”
Zombies fans were definitely into the idea, with some saying they “only play CoD games for Zombies anyway,” while others discussed the possibility that they could turn it into a true campaign too, like other popular horror games such as Resident Evil or Days Gone.
Unfortunately for those who love this idea, it definitely won’t be happening any time soon. Sledgehammer Games have already confirmed that Treyarch have built and developed Vanguard’s Zombies mode, which will continue Cold War’s Dark Aether storyline.
Image Credits: Treyarch / Activision
How to claim free GTA Online Prime Gaming Rewards in September 2021
GTA Online Prime Gaming members can get a free $400,000 cash injection this month, along with some massive vehicle discounts...
FIFA 22 Ultimate Team: Best goalkeepers you can buy
Picking the right shot stopper in FIFA 22 Ultimate Team can be a tricky business, so we've put together the...
Apex Legends 1.81 patch notes: Server stability, Shiela & Rampart fixes, more
In response to all of the server issues in Apex Legends, the developers have released the September 22 update that...