The newest season of Call of Duty: Mobile officially begins on December 21 with a variety of new Multiplayer and Battle Royale content, including Nuketown returning.
Winter War, the name of the mobile title’s 13th season, begins at 4PM PT on December 21 with a new patch update across iOS and Android.
The Call of Duty: Mobile team has shared the patch notes for the new Winter War update, which are highlighted by the new Nuketown, Holiday Raid, and expanded Battle Royale map.
Winter War Patch Notes
In that update we’ll have more details there on events, modes, maps, Seasonal Challenges, and all of those new drops coming throughout Season 13. For now, dive into the patch notes below and then check out everything new dropping in-game now ahead of the season release, whether it is the new events, Raid Holiday, or the new Holiday themed gear drops!
Call of Duty: Mobile Season 13
New functional weapons, new Operators, new Scorestreak, new MP map Nuketown – Russia, Raid – Holiday is back, new MP mode, and much more!
Season 13 Battle Pass available December 22nd!
New Premium Battle Pass rewards:
- New epic blueprints: Peacekeeper MK2 – Blast Off, Man-O-War – Pack Leader, RUS-79U – Troika, BY15 – Top Dog, GKS – Pack Warrior
- New epic soldiers: Ghost – Dark Vision, Golem – Siberia, Adler – Mountain Drab, Park – Safehouse
- New legendary Calling Card: Loose Ends
New Free Battle Pass Rewards:
- New base weapon: Peacekeeper MK2, a fully automatic assault rifle with superior handling and high rate of fire. It has unimaginable flexibilities and can be adapted to various scenarios with the help of the Gunsmith system.
- New Scorestreak: EMP Systems. Disable the enemy’s electronic equipment and cripple their defenses. Affected enemies cannot use lethal or tactical weapons, operator skills, or Scorestreaks.
New Events Rewards:
New challenges and missions with new rewards:
- New base weapon QXR: An excellent personal defense weapon. It’s reliable, stable, and includes an exclusive enhanced Perk that can alter the fire for different combat style adaptations.
New Ranked Series
Ranked Series 8: Avalanche will take place from 12.17.2020 until 02.9.2021.
New Ranked mode rewards:
- New epic Blueprint: Fennec – Midnight
- New epic Operator: Reznov – Winterwood
New Featured Game Modes!
Grind: Classic Call of Duty game mode.
Players collect dog tags and bring them to the objective to score points. Feel the Grind with the return to this strategic and exciting mode!
- Available on Nuketown, Crash, Standoff, Crossfire, Firing Range, Raid, Summit, Scrapyard, Rust, Hackney Yard, and Nuketown Russia maps
Cookie Confirmed: 10 vs 10 Kill Confirmed special Holiday mode!
Join the battle and collect more gingerbread man!
- Available on Crossfire, Firing Range, Takeoff, Meltdown, Rust, Tunisia, Shipment, Terminal, and Hackney Yard.
Nuketown Russia: Brand new Nuketown map.
Visit Nuketown with a frigid twist.
- Available for Frontline, Team Death Match, Domination, Hard Point, Kill Confirmed, Grind, and more.
Holiday Raid: Holiday Raid is back! Come and join the fun!
- Available for Team Death Match, Search & Destroy, Domination, Hard Point, Kill Confirmed, and more.
New Weapon Attachments
- BK57 – Elite Foregrip: A high control performance grip with manageable recoil.
- Razorback – Rapid Fire Perk: A Perk that significantly increases fire rate.
New Default Look System
Don’t like how your weapon looks when you change an attachment? The new Default Look system allows the weapons to sport its original appearance, no matter the optimization.
Snowboard: An exciting new vehicle! Traverse the Battle Royale map like you’re on holiday. The Snowboard is equipped with accelerating device for use not only at the slopes, but on any ground surfaces. Use it by pressing the shortcut button or from the backpack.
Ski Town has been upgraded with four new ski lifts and runs: Ski Town is now a full-fledged ski resort! You can reach the town by ski lifts located in Outpost, Nuclear Plant, Dormitory and Heat. Ski runs go to Frigid Wetland, Sanitarium, Nuclear Plant, Overgrown, Dormitory and Heat.
Reloader Mods: When equipped, this mod will automatically reload your other weapon in the backpack.
IMPROVEMENTS & OPTIMIZATIONS
- Significantly increased ammo amount of Death Machine so fire rate will gradually increase.
- Significantly increased ammo amount of Equalizer.
- Decreased Annihilator bullet tracking range.
- Decreased Ballistic Shield’s pistol ammo amount.
- Slightly decreased Fennec accuracy when walking and jumping.
- Slightly decreased Fennec – MIP Light Barrel (Short) and Fennec – No Stock movement speed advantage.
- Slightly decreased Fennec – Akimbo reloading speed.
- Slightly decreased Fennec – Akimbo damage.
- Slightly decreased Arctic.50 – MIP Stopping Power Reload fire rate, recoil control and ammo amount.
- Decreased HVK30 – Large Caliber Ammo mid-range damage.
- Decreased Baseball Bat weapon switching speed.
- Sniper Rifles and Marksman Rifles now have a very short period of steady aiming sight after ADS.
- Decreased recoil control of YKM Integral Suppressor Light Barrel for ICR-1, LK24, RUS-79U and Chicom.
- Players now can see which targets blocked by the roof on Predator Missile camera screen.
- Now XS1 Goliath has two firing buttons on the right side of the screen, one for ADS and a smaller one for hip fire.
- Cryo Bomb thrown to Molotov Cocktail burning area will be destroyed.
- Molotov Cocktail thrown to Cryo Bomb freezing area will be destroyed.
- Trip Mine now can only be triggered by touching the laser. Sliding and prone no longer avoids Trip Mine damage.
- Annihilator no longer tracks players using Ballistic Shield from the front.
- Flak Jacket Perk now can reduce Molotov Cocktail and Thermite DOT damage.
- Dead Silence Perk only takes effect when player is walking, squat walking and crawling
- In Attack of the Undead, players now automatically switch to main weapon when Death Machine runs out of ammo.
- High-quality Ranked matches now have unique icons in personal history page.
- Attachment advantages/disadvantages now show specific stats in Gunsmith.
- Optimized FPP running animation.
- Optimized prone position logic. Prone position available with obstacles behind.
- Optimized gun switching logic. Switching guns while running will no longer slow player down.
- Optimized position switching speed between standing, squatting and lying.
- Optimized exploded vehicle model. Bullets and projectiles can go through the exploded vehicle based on the actual model size.
- Optimized display of Reaction Skin weapons.
- Optimized upgrade experience details of mythic weapons and added guidance.
- Optimized mythic weapons awards.
- Optimized matching algorithm of Multiplayer Ranked mode. Players in single game have similar skill levels.
- Optimized Ranking points calculation rules for Domination and Hardpoint. Participating in taking/holding target points now offers higher Ranking points.
- Optimized sharing interface for Legendary Ranked players.
- Optimized multiplayer match algorithm. Narrowed the level gap between players in a single game.
- Increased Grenade explosion area of effect.
- Increased Cluster Grenade explosion area of effect.
- Increased Longshot Mods range.
- Increased Dense Fire Mods accuracy on ADS.
- Increased the ammo amount limit for auto pick-up.
- Extend Mods and Void Mods now have independent stats increases for Sniper Rifles.
- Decreased Arctic.50 recoil control.
- New effects will emphasize the locations which teammates have marked on map.
- Optimized Cluster Grenade smaller explosions. Smaller grenades now bounce farther and more randomly.
- Optimized weapon switch animation while running.
- Optimized angle and distance of obstacle crossing.
- Optimized character’s performance when using the eye icon.
- Optimized BR Ranking point calculation rule. Players can see the details of the ranking point calculation.
- Optimized sharing interface for Legendary Ranked players.
- Optimized item pickup experience.
- Optimized airdrop landing soundtracks.
- Optimized safe zone collapsing logic. Significantly reduced the probability of safe zone completely collapsing into the water area mechanistically.
- Optimized fonts on mini map.
- Optimized height bars for parachute/wing suit flight with a lighter design.
- The following blueprints are now available in Battle Royale: Type 25, BK57, LK24, Man-O-War, HVK30, Peacekeeper MK2, QXR, NA45, PDW57, Razorback, BY15, .50 GS
- Following blueprints are temporarily unavailable in Battle Royale: KN-44, HG 40, Kilo Bolt-Action.
General Issues Fixed
- Fixed occasional inability to switch to grenades or sub-weapons at the beginning of the match.
- Fixed inability to shoot at the enemy behind breakable glass in simple fire mode.
- Fixed inability to fire after the effect of a concussion grenade.
- Fixed BR issue where items from the bottom of the pickup list appear at the top of the list.
Keep up to date with Call of Duty: Mobile by following us @CODMobileClips on Twitter.
SOURCE: The Call of Duty: Mobile Team
Is Black Ops 2 being remastered? Rumors & leaks
Fans have been wondering for sometime if CoD: Black Ops 2 is going to be remastered, and we’ll answer that today.
Several Call of Duty games have received the remaster treatment in recent years, and it’s left fans wondering if the mega-popular Black Ops 2 will get one. Here are all the latest rumors and leaks regarding a Black Ops 2 remaster.
The popularity of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 simply cannot be understated with the game being considered the greatest of all time by many. But fast-forward to 2021, and players want to know if this beloved entry in the CoD franchise will be remastered.
The premise of Call of Duty remasters was kickstarted by the 2016 Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Remastered title. Since then, we’ve also had the Modern Warfare 2 campaign be remastered, and there are rumors of Modern Warfare 3 being remastered, despite Activision saying it isn’t.
Is Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 being remastered?
From what we understand, no, not at this time. There is absolutely nothing to suggest that any form of Black Ops remaster is in the works.
Naturally, people would think that Treyarch’s Black Ops may receive the same love that the Modern Warfare franchise has gotten, but alas it doesn’t seem to be the case.
Why isn’t Black Ops 2 being remastered?
We believe there could be two strong reasons for Black Ops 2 not being remastered, one being that it would oversaturate the CoD market, and also that we’ve already seen a few of its maps recently.
One of the problems 2016’s Infinite Warfare suffered from is that it released with the full Call of Duty 4 remaster, and consequently, the player base was divided between the two games.
Furthermore, Black Ops Cold War featured no less than seven Black Ops 2 map remasters throughout its multiple seasons, and they feel too fresh in the memory to warrant a remaster of the multiplayer.
We could see a remaster of the Black Ops campaigns, following the successful rerelease of the Modern Warfare 2 campaign.
Activision may have some surprises and remasters up their sleeves, but for the time being, we can only speculate and ask you to keep checking in to see if anything becomes official.
Also, check out everything we know about Call of Duty: Vanguard.
Image Credit: Activision / Treyarch
Infinity Ward announces new Austin office as studio gears up for CoD 2022
The original Call of Duty developer, Infinity Ward, is expanding its operations via a new office in Austin, Texas for CoD 2022.
One of the three developers behind the Call of Duty franchise is getting a new office. Infinity Ward is expanding its operations via a new office in Austin, Texas, in preparation for CoD 2022.
Infinity Ward is the developer behind the original Call of Duty game. Activision founded Infinity Ward in 2002, with the first Call of Duty title being released in 2003. This birthed one of the most iconic video game franchises to date.
Infinity Ward would go on to develop Call of Duty 2 in 2005 before alternating developers. Now, Infinity Ward is known for developing the Modern Warfare titles, which are released roughly every three years.
With Infinity Ward releasing the last Modern Warfare title in 2019, the developer is gearing up for another release in 2022. We don’t know what CoD 2022 will be just yet, but we do know that Infinity Ward is expanding its operations with a new office.
Infinity Ward Austin Texas office
Today, Infinity Ward announced via Twitter that it would be opening a new office in Austin, Texas. This would be the fourth development hub for the company, with the other three being located in Los Angeles, Poland, and Mexico.
- Read More: Warzone Season 6 will be the end of Verdansk
This also means that Infinity Ward is hiring. According to Infinity Ward, the Austin office is currently hiring for all positions, and you can find all of the available jobs posted on the Infinity Ward website.
Call of Duty: Vanguard releases in less than a month. It’s taking players back to WWII, where Infinity Ward is expected to bring the franchise back to modern times, with CoD 2022 speculated to be a sequel to Modern Warfare 2019.
That being said, we have no official idea what to expect from Infinity Ward going into 2022, but with the significant success of Modern Warfare 2019, it will no doubt be a Call of Duty game plenty of players will love.
Regardless, Infinity Ward is planning something big, and the new office proves just that. So, if Vanguard isn’t your cup of tea, CoD 2022 is just a year away.
Image Credits: Infinity Ward / Activision
Biggest AAA video games coming in 2022: PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch, PC, Stadia & Steam
2022 could be a huge year for video games and here’s all the biggest titles coming to PlayStation, Xbox, Switch, and more – with dates.
2022 is shaping up to be a massive year for video games. Between franchises such as God of War, Gran Turismo, Horizon, Pokemon, and Harry Potter, the PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch, PC, and Stadia have some mammoth titles to host. Here’s an extensive look into the biggest games and potential release dates too.
The beginning of 2022 will signal over a year since the PS5, and Xbox Series X took video games to the ninth generation of consoles. Developers have had plenty of time to chew the fat and harness the power of the consoles to create immense AAA experiences.
There’s also plenty of mileage left for the Nintendo Switch, and of course, PC, Stadia, and Steam are always on the march.
PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC, Steam & Stadia video games in 2022
Some genuinely iconic franchises and household names are expected to launch video games in 2022, so here’s a look at the top AAA video games coming in 2022.
God of War: Ragnarok release date: 2022
Players got a juicy look at the next epic adventure in Santa Monica’s God of War franchise during the 2021 PlayStation Experience. Kratos and Atreus are set to battle with Freya, possibly Thor, and their own demons.
God of War Ragnarok looks like it’s expanded upon the reboot to incorporate more NPCs, more spectacular gameplay, and a gripping narrative that will test the bond between father and son.
Horizon Forbidden West release date: February 18, 2022
Aloy is one of the standout protagonists in gaming during modern times, and her post-apocalyptic adventures are set to continue in Horizon Forbidden West.
She seeks to uncover even more truth and learn about the state of the world she resides in, all the while battling even more dangerous robotic creatures and nature itself.
Elden Ring release date: January 21, 2022
One of the first games to arrive in 2022, Elden Ring is the next sinister and challenging game to come from the sadistic bunch at FromSoftware.
Their track record at producing brutal yet satisfying RPGs will be tested in the form of Elden Ring, their newest ‘Souls’ game. Unlike previous FromSoftware games, there seems to be a much deeper emphasis on the story with Game of Thrones creator George R. R. Martin on board to help with the narrative.
Pokemon Legends: Arceus release date: January 28, 2022
Unlike the typical dual-releases that Pokemon specializes in, Pokemon Legends: Arceus is a standalone game that continues the growth shown in recent, mainline Pokemon titles.
Embracing the open-world nature of 2020’s Pokemon Sword and Shield, Arceus is a brand new adventure that will involve all the familiar, beloved elements of Pokemon games: obtaining them, training them, leveling them, and catching them all!
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Extraction release date: January 2022
Another spin-off, this time from the team at Ubisoft as they take a drastic turn away from the realism of simulated combat.
Instead, Rainbow Six Extraction delves into the world of the unknown, and non-human, as teams of three pull together to take down alien creatures called Archaeans. It will feature lots of the same gameplay mechanics and Operators from Siege, but with a darker, deadly twist.
Dying Light 2 release date: February 4, 2022
The long-awaited sequel to the hit 2015 survival-adventure game, Dying Light 2 promises to bring more parkour-zombie-survival action that made the first such a breakout success.
Offering more open-world exploration, the player must scavenge, forge friendships (and weapons), and deal with both friendly and hostile forces.
As with the first Dying Light, players need to make the most of the precious daylight before night strikes, as the undead gets a bit more fidgety and murderous.
Gran Turismo 7 release date: March 4, 2022
Polyphony Digital is infamous for taking their time between each Gran Turismo release to ensure every one is as polished as can be, and the PS5 looks set to make Gran Turismo 7 one of the best-looking games ever.
Like with God of War Ragnarok, the 2021 PlayStation Experience gave fans a glimpse into the high-speed action they can expect with Gran Turismo 7.
It’s learned from its predecessor’s mistakes and will launch with a complete career mode, and could be a bonafide system-seller for Sony and the PlayStation brand.
Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 release date: 2022
It wouldn’t be a stretch to say that Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 could easily be one of the most anticipated games of all time.
Breath of the Wild took the world by storm in 2017 with its rich, expressive world that deviated from the conventions of traditional Zelda games. Many millions of copies sold later, and fans everywhere are desperate for the next chapter for Link in this gorgeous, sprawling version of Hyrule.
Call of Duty 2022 release date: 2022
It wouldn’t be a year of video games without a major Call of Duty release, and we expect 2022 to be no different.
Given that there’s already a buzz about Call of Duty 2023, we would say it’s safe to assume that another Call of Duty game will release in 2022.
With Vanguard being set in World War 2, rumors are rife that the 2022 Call of Duty will be a Modern Warfare sequel.
Gotham Knights release date: 2022
A Gotham City without the caped crusader is a strange thought, but that’s the threat that faces it as Bruce Wayne is dead.
In Batman’s place, his former proteges need to step up and protect Gotham, batting away any threats of crime perpetrated by some of its most evil supervillains. Featuring co-operative mode, players can take control of these plucky heroes and hopefully do Batman proud.
Hogwarts Legacy release date: 2022
There have been many Harry Potter movie tie-in games, but there still hasn’t been an authentic RPG experience that lets you become your own wizard – until now.
Hogwarts Legacy will let fans worldwide finally live out their dream of attending Hogwarts, and the game allows players to select their House, the classes they do, and customize their character, all the while fighting monsters and completing quests.
That completes our guide to the biggest and most anticipated video games that are due to arrive in 2022.
For all the latest news and guides on these games and more, stay with us at Charlie INTEL!
Image Credit: Avalanche Software, WB Games Montreal, Nintendo, Polyphony Digital, Techland, Game Freak, FromSoftware, Guerrilla Games, Santa Monica Studios, Ubisoft
How to unlock Kali Sticks in Warzone & Modern Warfare
Warzone and Modern Warfare's Kali Sticks continue to be a strong Melee Weapon, and our guide will show you how...
How to complete Fortnite Season 8 Week 7 Character Punchcard Quests
Punchcards have returned in Fortnite Season 8, so here's how to complete the Character Quests for a ton of bonus...
Apex Legends Storm Point guide: Every POI on new Season 11 map
Season 11 introduces a brand new Apex Legends map called Storm Point, and for those wondering what it will look...