The newest season of Call of Duty: Mobile officially begins on December 21 with a variety of new Multiplayer and Battle Royale content, including Nuketown returning.
Winter War, the name of the mobile title’s 13th season, begins at 4PM PT on December 21 with a new patch update across iOS and Android.
The Call of Duty: Mobile team has shared the patch notes for the new Winter War update, which are highlighted by the new Nuketown, Holiday Raid, and expanded Battle Royale map.
Winter War Patch Notes
In that update we’ll have more details there on events, modes, maps, Seasonal Challenges, and all of those new drops coming throughout Season 13. For now, dive into the patch notes below and then check out everything new dropping in-game now ahead of the season release, whether it is the new events, Raid Holiday, or the new Holiday themed gear drops!
Call of Duty: Mobile Season 13
New functional weapons, new Operators, new Scorestreak, new MP map Nuketown – Russia, Raid – Holiday is back, new MP mode, and much more!
Season 13 Battle Pass available December 22nd!
New Premium Battle Pass rewards:
- New epic blueprints: Peacekeeper MK2 – Blast Off, Man-O-War – Pack Leader, RUS-79U – Troika, BY15 – Top Dog, GKS – Pack Warrior
- New epic soldiers: Ghost – Dark Vision, Golem – Siberia, Adler – Mountain Drab, Park – Safehouse
- New legendary Calling Card: Loose Ends
New Free Battle Pass Rewards:
- New base weapon: Peacekeeper MK2, a fully automatic assault rifle with superior handling and high rate of fire. It has unimaginable flexibilities and can be adapted to various scenarios with the help of the Gunsmith system.
- New Scorestreak: EMP Systems. Disable the enemy’s electronic equipment and cripple their defenses. Affected enemies cannot use lethal or tactical weapons, operator skills, or Scorestreaks.
New Events Rewards:
New challenges and missions with new rewards:
- New base weapon QXR: An excellent personal defense weapon. It’s reliable, stable, and includes an exclusive enhanced Perk that can alter the fire for different combat style adaptations.
New Ranked Series
Ranked Series 8: Avalanche will take place from 12.17.2020 until 02.9.2021.
New Ranked mode rewards:
- New epic Blueprint: Fennec – Midnight
- New epic Operator: Reznov – Winterwood
New Featured Game Modes!
Grind: Classic Call of Duty game mode.
Players collect dog tags and bring them to the objective to score points. Feel the Grind with the return to this strategic and exciting mode!
- Available on Nuketown, Crash, Standoff, Crossfire, Firing Range, Raid, Summit, Scrapyard, Rust, Hackney Yard, and Nuketown Russia maps
Cookie Confirmed: 10 vs 10 Kill Confirmed special Holiday mode!
Join the battle and collect more gingerbread man!
- Available on Crossfire, Firing Range, Takeoff, Meltdown, Rust, Tunisia, Shipment, Terminal, and Hackney Yard.
Nuketown Russia: Brand new Nuketown map.
Visit Nuketown with a frigid twist.
- Available for Frontline, Team Death Match, Domination, Hard Point, Kill Confirmed, Grind, and more.
Holiday Raid: Holiday Raid is back! Come and join the fun!
- Available for Team Death Match, Search & Destroy, Domination, Hard Point, Kill Confirmed, and more.
New Weapon Attachments
- BK57 – Elite Foregrip: A high control performance grip with manageable recoil.
- Razorback – Rapid Fire Perk: A Perk that significantly increases fire rate.
New Default Look System
Don’t like how your weapon looks when you change an attachment? The new Default Look system allows the weapons to sport its original appearance, no matter the optimization.
Snowboard: An exciting new vehicle! Traverse the Battle Royale map like you’re on holiday. The Snowboard is equipped with accelerating device for use not only at the slopes, but on any ground surfaces. Use it by pressing the shortcut button or from the backpack.
Ski Town has been upgraded with four new ski lifts and runs: Ski Town is now a full-fledged ski resort! You can reach the town by ski lifts located in Outpost, Nuclear Plant, Dormitory and Heat. Ski runs go to Frigid Wetland, Sanitarium, Nuclear Plant, Overgrown, Dormitory and Heat.
Reloader Mods: When equipped, this mod will automatically reload your other weapon in the backpack.
IMPROVEMENTS & OPTIMIZATIONS
- Significantly increased ammo amount of Death Machine so fire rate will gradually increase.
- Significantly increased ammo amount of Equalizer.
- Decreased Annihilator bullet tracking range.
- Decreased Ballistic Shield’s pistol ammo amount.
- Slightly decreased Fennec accuracy when walking and jumping.
- Slightly decreased Fennec – MIP Light Barrel (Short) and Fennec – No Stock movement speed advantage.
- Slightly decreased Fennec – Akimbo reloading speed.
- Slightly decreased Fennec – Akimbo damage.
- Slightly decreased Arctic.50 – MIP Stopping Power Reload fire rate, recoil control and ammo amount.
- Decreased HVK30 – Large Caliber Ammo mid-range damage.
- Decreased Baseball Bat weapon switching speed.
- Sniper Rifles and Marksman Rifles now have a very short period of steady aiming sight after ADS.
- Decreased recoil control of YKM Integral Suppressor Light Barrel for ICR-1, LK24, RUS-79U and Chicom.
- Players now can see which targets blocked by the roof on Predator Missile camera screen.
- Now XS1 Goliath has two firing buttons on the right side of the screen, one for ADS and a smaller one for hip fire.
- Cryo Bomb thrown to Molotov Cocktail burning area will be destroyed.
- Molotov Cocktail thrown to Cryo Bomb freezing area will be destroyed.
- Trip Mine now can only be triggered by touching the laser. Sliding and prone no longer avoids Trip Mine damage.
- Annihilator no longer tracks players using Ballistic Shield from the front.
- Flak Jacket Perk now can reduce Molotov Cocktail and Thermite DOT damage.
- Dead Silence Perk only takes effect when player is walking, squat walking and crawling
- In Attack of the Undead, players now automatically switch to main weapon when Death Machine runs out of ammo.
- High-quality Ranked matches now have unique icons in personal history page.
- Attachment advantages/disadvantages now show specific stats in Gunsmith.
- Optimized FPP running animation.
- Optimized prone position logic. Prone position available with obstacles behind.
- Optimized gun switching logic. Switching guns while running will no longer slow player down.
- Optimized position switching speed between standing, squatting and lying.
- Optimized exploded vehicle model. Bullets and projectiles can go through the exploded vehicle based on the actual model size.
- Optimized display of Reaction Skin weapons.
- Optimized upgrade experience details of mythic weapons and added guidance.
- Optimized mythic weapons awards.
- Optimized matching algorithm of Multiplayer Ranked mode. Players in single game have similar skill levels.
- Optimized Ranking points calculation rules for Domination and Hardpoint. Participating in taking/holding target points now offers higher Ranking points.
- Optimized sharing interface for Legendary Ranked players.
- Optimized multiplayer match algorithm. Narrowed the level gap between players in a single game.
- Increased Grenade explosion area of effect.
- Increased Cluster Grenade explosion area of effect.
- Increased Longshot Mods range.
- Increased Dense Fire Mods accuracy on ADS.
- Increased the ammo amount limit for auto pick-up.
- Extend Mods and Void Mods now have independent stats increases for Sniper Rifles.
- Decreased Arctic.50 recoil control.
- New effects will emphasize the locations which teammates have marked on map.
- Optimized Cluster Grenade smaller explosions. Smaller grenades now bounce farther and more randomly.
- Optimized weapon switch animation while running.
- Optimized angle and distance of obstacle crossing.
- Optimized character’s performance when using the eye icon.
- Optimized BR Ranking point calculation rule. Players can see the details of the ranking point calculation.
- Optimized sharing interface for Legendary Ranked players.
- Optimized item pickup experience.
- Optimized airdrop landing soundtracks.
- Optimized safe zone collapsing logic. Significantly reduced the probability of safe zone completely collapsing into the water area mechanistically.
- Optimized fonts on mini map.
- Optimized height bars for parachute/wing suit flight with a lighter design.
- The following blueprints are now available in Battle Royale: Type 25, BK57, LK24, Man-O-War, HVK30, Peacekeeper MK2, QXR, NA45, PDW57, Razorback, BY15, .50 GS
- Following blueprints are temporarily unavailable in Battle Royale: KN-44, HG 40, Kilo Bolt-Action.
General Issues Fixed
- Fixed occasional inability to switch to grenades or sub-weapons at the beginning of the match.
- Fixed inability to shoot at the enemy behind breakable glass in simple fire mode.
- Fixed inability to fire after the effect of a concussion grenade.
- Fixed BR issue where items from the bottom of the pickup list appear at the top of the list.
Keep up to date with Call of Duty: Mobile by following us @CODMobileClips on Twitter.
SOURCE: The Call of Duty: Mobile Team
Zombies World Record beaten after nearly 300 hours of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
It took one Twitch streamer nearly 300 hours of gameplay to beat the World Record for Black Ops 3’s Nacht Der Untoten Zombies.
One player has done the unthinkable and beaten the Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Nacht Der Untoten Zombies World Record by reaching round 255.
Zombies has a storied history dating all the way back to 2008 when Call of Duty: World at War came bundled with a bonus mini-game called ‘Nacht der Untoten.’ The legendary Nazi Zombies mode would go on to reach ridiculous levels of popularity to the point that Treyarch had to make extra Zombies maps.
Since then, virtually every single CoD title has included new versions and variations of the Zombies formula. Black Ops Cold War is currently enjoying the launch of Mauer Der Toten, the freshest Zombies experience.
However, one Twitch streamer has overlooked modern Zombies in favor of a previous game – Black Ops 3. After 20 days of playing the same game of Nacht Der Untoten on and off, a new World Record was set.
The feat was accomplished by CoD Zombies Twitch streamer TomPhantasy as he smashed the previous record by a staggering 40 rounds to reach Round 255.
Beginning his run on July 2, he spent the next 20 days clocking up nearly 300 hours of game time to obliterate the previous Nacht Der Untoten record.
Remarkably, he was only downed twice, and they both came once he’d surpassed the record figure anyway.
The final seconds of the footage are of the streamer clearing up the last few dregs of Zombies until the round icon in the bottom-left changes to 255.
This absolutely smashes the previous record of 216 rounds set by user Chihiro-516, and may never be beaten.
Dexerto was even able to secure an exclusive word with the streamer to get more reaction to his feat: “The Zombies community has been supporting me for months when I have been attempting this record through the highs and lows,” he said.
He continued: “I knew I had to keep going, because after 24.8 days the game freezes, This meant I had to play 13+ hours per day for those 25 days.”
Massive congratulations need to go to the player who was able to gut his way through an arduous three weeks of Zombies. With Mauer Der Toten very much the new Zombies craze, we wonder if he will one day attempt to set the record for it.
Also, for some more incredible accomplishments, check out the Cold War player who reached 10th Prestige without killing a single player.
Image Credit: Activision / TomPhantasy
How much are COD Points? How to buy, price, how to spend & more
COD Points are the currency of Call of Duty. Here’s a guide on their price, how you can buy them, where to spend them, and what you can buy.
COD Points have become an integral part of Call of Duty games as they can buy some great cosmetics and other items to show off. So here’s a quick guide to tell you how much points cost, how you can buy them, where you can spend them, and what you can get.
The gaming landscape has changed over the years with the incorporation of microtransactions and live-gaming services. Many games offer extra content – with cosmetics being a big proponent of this. With Cold War and Warzone offering special Rambo and John McClane skins and bringing back legendary Operators like Soap and Captain Price, it becomes easy to see why players would want to spend COD Points.
Call of Duty offers a huge palette of extra goodies you can add to your game and requires COD Points to do so.
So with our detailed guide today, we’re going to run through the basics of COD Points to help you understand them, tell you what they do, and more.
What is the price of COD Points?
There are different amounts and bundles you can opt for when buying COD Points that are tailored to different needs.
Some players just need to top up their account with a few hundred points to get the latest bundle. Whereas some need a big restock with the intention of spending many points. The more points you want, the bigger the discounts grow.
Here are the different prices for the various COD Points bundles:
- 200 COD Points for $1.99 or £1.79
- 500 COD Points for $4.99 or £4.31
- 1,000 (+100 Bonus) COD Points for $9.99 or £8.49
- 2,000 (+400 Bonus) COD Points for $19.99 or £16.79
- 4,000 (+1,000 Bonus) COD Points for $39.99 or £34.99
- 7,000 (+2,500 Bonus) COD Points for $74.99 or £69.99
- 10,000 (+3,000 Bonus) COD Points for $99.99 or £84.99
How do I buy COD Points?
You can be very flexible with how you buy COD Points as there are a few different ways to do so. To make sure you’re buying them for the right platform, just double-check with our guide on transferring COD Points across platforms.
These are the various ways you can procure COD Points.
This method is only for PC players.
A quick visit to the Battle.net shop will take you to the aforementioned COD Points bundles, and you can take your pick.
This method is only for PlayStation players.
Head to the PlayStation Store either on your PS4, PS5, or on the Official website and you’ll find the same selection of COD Points bundles.
You will be able to purchase them using money or PSN credit.
Xbox Microsoft Store
This method is only for Xbox players.
Head to the Microsoft Store either on your Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, or on the Official website and you’ll find the same selection of COD Points bundles.
You will be able to purchase them using money or Xbox Gift cards.
Online or select physical retailers will have copious amounts of COD Points vouchers and gift cards for you to purchase. There will be no difference between official sales and retails sales as they will all sell the same bundles.
Where do I spend my COD Points?
Now that you have a nice bundle of COD Points, where do you actually go to spend them? Well, the answer is rather simple: head to the in-game store for the game you’re playing, browse, and buy.
What can I buy with COD Points?
Call of Duty’s currency is used to primarily buy two things: the Battle Pass for the current season and Bundles containing a variety of items.
A Battle Pass is a paid Tier system that allows regular players to earn dozens of extra rewards and cosmetics for essentially playing the game.
Black Ops Cold War and Warzone are currently in Season Two of their respective lifecycles at the moment. Both titles are currently running in tandem with each other and share the same Battle Pass.
It features 100 Tiers for players to smash their way through the course of Season 2, and if players are committed enough, they can actually earn enough COD Points, through leveling up the pass, to get the next one for free.
You can buy the Cold War & Warzone Season 4 Battle Pass via a couple of different methods:
- Purchase it from the Official Call of Duty website
- Buy it from the in-game store on your respective platform
The other main content you can buy is a wide range of Bundles and Operator Bundles. These special bundles vary in price, and each comes with its own unique items.
The collectibles you can expect to find are Calling Cards, Emblems, Operator Skins, Weapon Blueprints, Weapon Charms, and more.
Image credits: Activision / Treyarch / Raven Software
How to get Black Ops 4 for free with PlayStation Plus
PlayStation Plus has officially announced its free games of the month for July, one of which is Treyarch’s Call of Duty Black Ops 4.
It looks like PlayStation Plus users will be able to get their hands on Treyarch’s previous title, Call of Duty Black Ops 4, as the free games for the month of July are unveiled.
Like every month, PlayStation Plus users gear up and get ready to see what game will hit the stores for free. Call of Duty fans will be excited to know that July will feature Black Ops 4, Treyarch’s previous title to Cold War.
With Black Ops Cold War now in Season 4, perhaps new players are intrigued to see if it differs from Black Ops 4, or maybe old players would like to return and see how it feels in 2021. Whatever the case, here’s how you can redeem Black Ops 4 for free.
Being a Call of Duty player on PlayStation is very beneficial, as not only are players now allowed to play Warzone without a PS Plus membership, those who subscribe to the service often receive free cosmetics and game modes early, like the Black Ops Cold War Zombies mode Onslaught.
With that being said, PlayStation Plus users will now also be getting Treyarch’s 2018 Call of Duty game for free beginning on July 6, 2021.
How to get Black Ops 4 for free with PlayStation Plus
- In order to get Black Ops 4 for free on PlayStation Plus, you must first make sure you have an active subscription to the service.
- Go to the store and find the section for free games of the month.
- Black Ops 4 should be under this section in the PlayStation Store and considering you have an active membership, you should be able to download it directly from the game page.
PlayStation posted a blog regarding the free PS Plus games for the month of July, which will be available on July 6, with a description for Black Ops 4 that reads:
“Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 delivers a trio of action-packed multiplayer modes* for first-person shooter fans. First, there’s the series’ iconic multiplayer experience pitting players against each other worldwide. Second, is the fan-favorite Zombies experience, letting you and friends battle the undead. Last but not least is Blackout, an intense large-map mode inspired by battle royale. Blackout brings together characters, locations, weapons, and gear from across the series in all-out survival combat – all with a unique Black Ops twist.”
This is great for those who want to experience a different multiplayer, and there should be a decent amount of players on the game, considering it will be free during the month. Further, Black Ops 4 also has a Zombies experience, so for those who something different to the multiplayer, this will be perfect.
Black Ops 4 is very different from any other Call of Duty game, making it a fairly unique experience to the more classic Call of Duty games. With a slower TTK, and Specialists to chose from with varying abilities, Black Ops 4 takes on a more tactical stance on Call of Duty’s multiplayer.
Well, there you have it, that’s how you can download Black Ops 4 for free on PlayStation Plus in the month of July.
Image Credits: PlayStation / Activision / Treyarch
How to play Battlefield 2042 Open Beta
Now that Battlefield 2042 has been officially revealed, here's how you can play the upcoming massive-scale multiplayer experience's open beta.
Zombies World Record beaten after nearly 300 hours of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
It took one Twitch streamer nearly 300 hours of gameplay to beat the World Record for Black Ops 3's Nacht...
Seer’s abilities discussed at EA Play for Apex Legends Season 10: Emergence
Apex Legends upcoming Season 10 will feature a brand new Legend called "Seer," who may even give Bloodhound a run...