Activision has revealed that the newest Call of Duty: Mobile Season, Season 6 which went live on May 1 in game, is the game’s most successful season yet in terms of player count and overall game engagement.
In a community update on Reddit, the company has revealed a roadmap of what’s coming to the mobile game during this month, including another MP Map, new Battle Royale classes, and more.
The company has also released a roadmap for what’s coming to the game throughout the month of May, take a look at the Season roadmap:
Greetings Call of Duty: Mobile Community, we are back with our first community update of May and coming off the launch of Once Upon a Time in Rust. We started off this season with a western themed bang and the response from our players has been outstanding. You’ve made this seasonal launch one of the biggest, most exciting, and most played so far for Call of Duty: Mobile and we don’t aim to let up.
We have started the season by firing on all cylinders with the release of Capture The Gold, Kill Confirmed, seasonal challenges, Rust, and a brand-new Battle Pass. While all of that content is stellar, we have plenty more to come throughout the month.
For instance, we have new a Battle Royale class coming, a new tactical grenade, more modes, another map, some additional seasonal challenges, and more. The first of that “more” is the brand-new release a western themed event – Gold Rush, and it is live right now!
We’ll have all of the details below on that mode alongside the newest details for current events or anything launching in the next week. As per usual, let us know if you have any questions, comments, or feedback about anything mentioned in the update. Let’s get to it!
Here is the full look at most events currently running or coming soon in COD Mobile**:**
- 4/29 – 5/14 ~ 2v2 Showdown Mode (MP)
- 5/8 – 5/21 ~ Gold Rush Events begin
- Available in Kill Confirmed and Battle Royale
- 5/8 – 5/10 ~ Winner Bonus
- Ranked Mode bonus available every weekend in May
- 5/13 – 5/19 ~ Free For All mode (MP)
- 5/14 ~ New Seasonal Challenges
- The new SMG, the Cordite, arrives with paid and free options
- Every Thursday ~ CODM World Championship Qualifier weekend begins
*All Dates UTC
Gold Rush Event
This is our first in-game event tied to a seasonal theme and it is all about collecting gold! You’ll jump in Battle Royale or Kill Confirmed, collect gold, and then turn in that gold for unique rewards in our Events section of the main menu.
The specifics are explained clearly in the original trailer posted above, but for the quick and easy of it just play Kill Confirmed like you normally would, except now you have insatiable lust for gold bars, and in Battle Royale try to find specially marked barrels that may provide you with a treasure map.
The rewards for Gold Rush are varied and valuable. Here are a few of the standouts:
- Flowing Bronze series of BR class camos
- LK24 – Flowing Bronze
- M4LMG – Moonstone (Epic reward)
Good luck out there prospectors and make sure to take advantage of this event while it is running until May 21st (UTC). Plenty of time, but there are also plenty of rewards to collect.
A few days ago we released our first legendary of the month through the Frontier Justice Draw. On top of making you look great and thematically western, the Outlaw – High Noon has the ability to turn your enemies into mere particles. That weapon variant was released alongside Seraph – Tombstone, another epic character included in the draw. Check it out in action.0:000:16
On top of just wanting to show off these epic and legendary items, we also wanted to share some details about our first-ever weapon set. That is part of the draw and activates if you snag the following items:
- Knife – Natural Hunter
- Smoke Grenade – Natural Hunter
- Outlaw – High Noon
You’ll then find yourself with a weapon set bonus that not only provides a player XP bonus (towards your profile XP) but also a Gold Rush event bonus on any activities related to the event. We may implement weapon sets in other ways in the future, not just in draws, but they are a new feature to COD: Mobile and worth keeping an eye on.
Dust to Dust
This other brand-new draw is starting today on 5/8 (UTC) and provides some other unique and epic western themed items to acquire. Similar to the Outlaw – High Noon, RUS-79U – Dustkicker has the stylish and purely cosmetic ability to turn your enemies into dust.0:000:20
This draw also includes Scarlett, an epic character from the Black Ops series. You can snag a variety of other themed weapons as well, like the AK-47 Mirage, RPD-Mirage, and DL Q33 – Frontier. You can find this all in-game now.
You may ask, why are we talking about lucky draws in a community update? Our creative team made these great videos that show off the cool, themed seasonal items, and we felt that our community would love to see some more details and to see them in action.Feedback
Much of the feedback we are seeing coming since season launch is either about a few main topics or a massive variety of many other topics. We are picking a few of the most widely discussed ones here to focus on, but by no means does that mean that others are being ignored. We are regularly gathering feedback, sending it up the team, and sharing as much as we can.
Battle Royale Updates
This season has a few events and changes, which we’ve seen quite a bit of positive feedback already. Thank you for taking the time to do that, but we also have more substantial changes on the way and in particular in the next major update coming in June.
Speaking of which, we already have released a short teaser of that BR content this week included inside a video. We know some of you have already found this, but for everyone else best of luck finding that somewhere in this community update 😉. However, here is another taste of what is to come in June.
One thing we commonly see brought up after each release, especially for the dedicated folks who generally take the time to reach out with feedback, is that many people are at max player level. We’ve seen a lot of ideas suggested about how to solve this, like simply increasing the level cap, adding a prestige system, or using some other changes to provide more progression overall.
While we cannot say anything specific about this just yet, we do have systems being designed that will help with overall progression and at the same time we have discussed a variety of options for adding additional progression options for those of you eagerly waiting more grind. Hang tight and keep an eye on future updates for that.
On May 2nd, one day after these challenges had launched, we were already seeing a handful of players talking about how they loved these challenges so much that they’ve already completed all of them. First off, that’s impressive and clearly we may need to adjust to add more challenge to future ones.
However, we also just wanted to quickly mention that this isn’t it for the entire season and we do have more of these coming up mid-May with the Cordite. For everyone else, there is still plenty of time to complete them and to grab the Locus or Pharo, or any of the many other free rewards found through these new seasonal challenges.
That is all for this community update! We’ve had a truly excellent season launch and there is still plenty to come throughout May and of course in June with our next update & season. Don’t forget about the qualifier weekends for our esports tournament, the second weekend of qualifiers is going on now, and keep an eye out for news about the next stage of the tournament.
SOURCE: Call of Duty: Mobile
Call of Duty: Mobile surpasses 300 million downloads
Activision Blizzard has revealed that Call of Duty: Mobile has reached a new milestone.
In a tweet celebrating one year since its launch, the company has announced that the game has now passed 300 million downloads worldwide.
Call of Duty: Mobile continues to see incredible success for Activision since its October 1, 2019 launch. The game broke records for the fastest growing mobile title in history with 150 million downloads in its first month. The last update on the numbers provided on downloads was in June, when it was revealed that the game had over 250 million downloads.
In the tweet, it features Activision’s Matt Lewis, Sr. Director, Mobile Product Management talking about the game’s year and its success.
To celebrate it’s one year, Activision released Call of Duty: Mobile Season 11, which is the game’s Anniversary season. The new season featured Alcatraz Battle Royale map, new MP modes and maps, and more cosmetic items across the game.
Call of Duty: Mobile is available on iOS for iPhone & iPad and Android.
CoD Mobile Anniversary Season 11 – Patch Notes & Content
It’s been one year since Call of Duty: Mobile officially released worldwide. The mobile title was one of Activision’s first massive pushes to bring Call of Duty to mobile in a way that was effective.
Now, one year later, the game is releasing its 11th Season to celebrate its one year. The new Season, Call of Duty: Mobile Anniversary, brings new content to both MP and Battle Royale, including new Battle Pass, Operators, map features, and more.
Season 11 Details:
Let’s get right to it.
Hit up The Club in the Anniversary Event
With the push of a button, Hidora Kai has unleashed a massive EMP attack, driving the Operators deep underground into hidden bunkers. When not out in the field, they make themselves at home in The Club, a new social and play space featuring mini-games, NPC missions, and more.
Welcome to The Club
Let’s get this party started. Choose from one of four custom made soundtracks as you explore the new area. Hit up the bar to watch some television while chugging down Juggernog, pick up mission tasks from NPC characters like Adler from the upcoming Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, and take a spin on the Anniversary Machine for the chance to earn special rewards.
There’s even more to uncover in the Club, too, though we’ll let the eagle eyed amongst you discover it for yourselves.
Earn More Rewards with Anniversary Machine
Earn Coins to spend on the Anniversary Machine simply by playing Multiplayer and Battle Royale and by completing tasks and mini games in the Club. Each spin awards Points, which at certain milestones will unlock new epic rewards like the Chicom – Starstruck weapon blueprint, the Merc 5 – Going Gold character skin, plus an epic weapon charm and calling card.
New Battle Royale Map
For all the Battle Royale fans out there, have we got a treat for you. For our Anniversary Season we’re adding a limited time second map with Alcatraz!
First seen in Blackout in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, Alcatraz challenges players to fight for survival in and around the infamous San Francisco Bay prison.
Alcatraz is a smaller map than Isolated, our original BR map, placing a greater focus on close-quarters engagements. Keep your head on a swivel and take advantage of the map’s verticality to get up high and rain destruction on your enemies below. Gather your loot fast, watch those corners, and be the last squad standing.
Keep your wits about you to earn new rewards like rare weapon camos and an epic calling card.
Earn More Rewards in the Anniversary Battle Pass
Anniversary adds 50 new tiers of free and premium content, including new characters, weapon blueprints, weapon charms, a new scorestreak, new weapon, and more. Here are some of the highlights:
Battle Pass Free Tiers
Reach Tier 14 to unlock the free Advanced UAV scorestreak — earn enough score to call out this bad boy and you’ll see not just the location of enemy players but the direction they’re facing, too. Progress to Tier 21 to unlock the Fennec SMG, a new functional weapon that features a blazing fast fire rate.
Premium Pass Tiers
Purchase the Battle Pass for the chance to unlock all 50 tiers of content in the Anniversary Battle Pass. Build out your Operator roster with Spectre – Pixel Spy, Reaper – Premium, Zero – Nebula, and Scylla – Future Vice. Take on enemies in style with weapons from the Anime style Neon series, and get right to business with the new Fennec using the Fennec – Verdant weapon blueprint.
New Multiplayer Maps, Modes, and More
The Anniversary Season kicks off with a new Gunfight and 1v1 Duel map, King, along with the return of the fan-favorite Halloween Standoff. We’ve got new Multiplayer modes, too.
New Gunfight and 1v1 Duel Map: King
The iconic map that helped launch Gunfight in Modern Warfare is now live on mobile! Match up in 2v2 Gunfight for tactical teamwork or go head to head in 1v1 Duel.
Will you race straight up the center platform to the enemy spawn, or take the side tunnel for a quick flank? Or will you trade shots across the side lanes, hoping for an early round kill? Whatever your plan, keep your sights up and your senses sharp.
Check out our Mobile Map Snapshot: King article for an in-depth guide to the map. See the Related Articles section at the bottom of this page for more details.
New Multiplayer Map: Halloween Standoff
A fan favorite from last year’s Halloween event, we’re happy to announce the limited time return of Halloween Standoff. This spooky nighttime version finds Operators battling in the streets amongst a full moon, haunted jack-o-lanterns, and other unsettling Halloween frights. Get your wits about you and join in the fight.
New Multiplayer Modes: Cranked and 10v10 Kill Confirmed
Originally appearing in Call of Duty: Ghosts, Cranked is Team Deathmatch with an explosive twist. Any time you eliminate an enemy player, a 30 second timer begins. During this time, you’ll enjoy faster movement and weapon handling, and your kills are worth double points. Though if you fail to take out another enemy within that time frame — Boom! Goodbye, Operator.
10v10 Kill Confirmed combines two fan favorite modes into one. Launching later in the Season as part of the Pumpkin Confirmed playlist along with more Halloween festivities, 10v10 Kill Confirmed will use pumpkins instead of the traditional dog tags. Good thing you’ve got a backpack to carry them all along.
Unlock the Tactician Perk in a New Seasonal Challenge
Coming later in the Season is the new Tactician perk, unlockable through completion of the Heavy Duty Seasonal Challenge launching on October 14. This one’s for the demolition crew, as Tactician grants a second tactical grenade or throwable. Enemy on the point? You’ve got the power to flush them out.
Rank Series 7 from 10.2020 – 12.2020
New Ranked mode series rewards
- New Epic Blueprint: Kilo Bolt-Action – Dealer
- New Epic Soldier: T.E.D.D – Where To Sir?
- New Epic Frame: Steeled Frame
- New Epic Calling Card: High Roller
- New Epic Charm: Series 7
New Battle Pass available October 15th!
New Premium Battle Pass Rewards
- New Epic Soldiers
- New Epic Blueprints: QQ9 – Neon Grunge, KRM-262 – Point and Click, DL Q33 – Neon Burst, AK117 – Neon Lotus, Fennec – Verdant
- New Legendary Calling Card: Tac Insertion
- New CODM themed items
New Free Battle Pass Rewards
- New base SMG: Fennec. An aggressive and fully automatic submachine gun with buttery smooth recoil and a blazing fast rate of fire that is exceptional for strategic room clearing and holding down the front line.
- New Scorestreak: Advanced UAV. Reveals the real-time position and direction of enemies on a player’s mini map
New Events and Rewards
- Stay tuned for special Anniversary and Halloween events!
- New challenges and missions with new rewards
- New functional gun: NA-45. Hailing from Advanced Warfare, the NA-45 deals explosive damage on the second round when shot near the first.
- New Perk: Tactician. Spawn with an extra piece of tactical equipment.
- New Featured Game Mode – Cranked Mode
- Fight or die! Get kills or assists to delay the countdown to your own destruction. If your timer hits 0, the results will be explosive.
- Available on Crash, Standoff, Crossfire, Cage, Rust, Shipment
- Check back later for a Halloween themed fan favorite mode!
- King. The fan favorite Gunfight map comes to Call of Duty: Mobile! Fight to the death in this close quarters experience.
- Available for: Gunfight, Duel
- Standoff gets spooky! Coming soon.
- New gun perk for Fennec: Akimbo. Dual wield two weapons. High rate of fire with disabled ADS
- New attachment for AK 47: 5.45 Caliber Ammo. Greatly increase fire rate, good for close-range combat
- New attachment for HVK30: Large Caliber Ammo. Increase damage to head and upper chest shots, good for mid-range combat.
- 10v10 TDM, 10v10 DOM, Kill Confirmed and Capture the Flag will be available on more maps
- Attack of the Undead: Increased the main weapon damage and HP of survivors at 8th and 10th kill. Increases the HP and axe damage of undead after 2nd and 4th kill.
- New Marker Setting: Allow player to customize size and opacity of objective marker and item marker in “SETTINGS -> BASIC -> MP MODE”. Now you can identify enemies with clear vision.
BATTLE ROYALE UPDATES
- New Weapon: Purifier. A high-pressure flamethrower that causes burning damage over time to enemies in close range. Jump into water to stop the burning.
- New Mod: Sleuth. Damaging an enemy outlines their profile and reveals their location on the mini map for a short time.
- New Ammo: Ballistic Expert. New ammo for special weapons, including War Machine, Tempest, Annihilator, and Purifier
- Players can now equip Legendary and Epic Camos in “Loadout -> Battle Royale -> Weapon Camos”
- New automatic obstacle avoidance feature for wheeled land vehicles. Can be turned off in “SETTINGS -> BR SETTINGS -> VEHICLE”.
- Set default Armor Plate loot limit setting in “SETTINGS -> BR SETTINGS -> LOOT SETTING”.
- New setting to switch to main weapon automatically after throwing one lethal or tactical equipment. In “SETTINGS -> BASIC -> BR MODE”.
IMPROVEMENTS & OPTIMIZATIONS
- Increased damage of QQ9 while 10mm 30 round Reload Ammunition attachment equipped
- Slightly decreased AK47 recoil control and accuracy
- FHJ can now fire without locking on a target
- Decreased explosion damage radius of FHJ cartridge
- Slightly increased the explosion damage radius of SMRS cartridge
- Decreased movement speed and attack speed of Shadow Blade. Decreased the distance required to lock onto an enemy
- Slightly decreased fire rate, recharge speed, and duration of Annihilator
- Slightly increase fire rate, bullet velocity, and mobility of War Machine
- Increase magazine capacity of Death Machine
- Decreased fire rate of VTOL Scorestreak
- Decreased Scorestreak points earned from Shield Turret kills or destroying a Shield Turret
- Replaced Transform Shield flash with a built-in microwave field emitter that slows and damages enemies
- Increased the throwing speed of all lethal or tactical equipment
- Increased damage range and edge damage of Thermite
- Thermite can now stick to enemies and their deployed devices
- Decreased the defensive range of Trophy System
- Improve the effect range of Flashbang Grenade, Concussion Grenade, and EMP
- Decreased the perception distance of Alert perk
- Decrease the initial explosion range of Molotov Cocktail
- Optimized player animation from prone to sprint
- Added some dying poses.
- Optimize FOV switching animation when using ADS
- Optimized hip-firing animation
- Scopes block less screen area while hip firing
- Size of hip-fire reticle will change according to hip-fire accuracy stats
- Optimized user experience when observing a match
- Optimized mini map in Gun Fight, training ground, and Hardcore
- Fixed a visual issue caused when spamming crouch and prone too frequently
- Fixed an issue where breath shake was similar for all sniper rifles
- Fixed an issue where the laser did not point to the center of the screen when the OWC Laser – Tactical is equipped
- Fixed an issue where Equalizer kills are not counted as operator kills
- Fixed an issue where Molotov Cocktail kills would not count towards a nuke
- Fixed a perspective issue when using Shadow Blade
- Increased quantity and quality of MP Rank rewards
- When the rank level is reset, lower rank players lose fewer points
- New ranking data stat: MVP when defeated.
- More rank points awarded for a winning streak.
- Decreased the difficulty of ranking up in lower rank levels
- Optimized the time allowed to join in the ranked MP matches in progress to minimize the number of unequal matches
- Increased the penalty for ranked MP matches when quitting mid match
- The safe zone now shrinks quicker in the early game.
- Airborne Class: Decreased the concealment while calling in or using an airborne device or landing with wingsuit. Recharge will only start after the previous airborne device expires.
- Ninja Class: Significantly increased mobility
- Clown Class: Increased the speed of zombies and increased the range in which zombies can detect enemies
- Trickster Class: In combat, the holographic decoys released by the enemy and you/teammate are distinguished by red light effects on shoulders
- Decreased the recoil of all sniper rifles
- Slightly decreased AK47 recoil control and accuracy
- Improved hip-fire accuracy of all weapons. Now, SMGs have the best hip-fire accuracy
- War Machine: No longer slows enemies. The magazine capacity is adjusted to 80, and each shot consumes 10 Ballistic Expert ammo.
- Tempest: Significantly increased the charging speed and bullet velocity. Decreased the explosion range. The magazine capacity is adjusted to 80, and each shot consumes 10 Ballistic Expert ammo.
- Annihilator: The magazine capacity is adjusted to 60, and each shot consumes 10 Ballistic Expert ammo.
- Increased the chance of sights being found in Battle Royale.
- Light Trigger Mod and Common, Uncommon and Rare Long Shot Mod have been removed from Battle Royale
- Decrease damage suffered when a vehicle hits an obstacle
- Optimized driving experience land vehicles
- After an airdrop is opened by player for the first time, the green icon on the mini-map will not disappear but become a hollow icon. It will only disappear when all items are looted.
- A new exclusive color and marker for custom weapons from Arsenal.
- Optimized the attachment swap logic when picking up a weapon to replace the current weapon
- Optimized the recommended logic of armor plates. Recommends player to use armor plates when HP is high but armor durability is low
- Optimized the bullet trace path and the collision effects
- Increased the throwing speed of all lethal and tactical equipment
- Optimized animation when landing from higher points
- Optimized animation when climbing through bunker or window
- Optimized animation when using ADS
- Optimized the sound effect when getting hit
- Optimized the visual effect of the safe zone edge in the distant view
- Optimized feedback when hitting an enemy
- Optimized UI prompts when reloading
- Fixed an issue where UI is incorrect after customizing backpack in loadout
- Fixed an issue where there was no feedback on the reticle when headshot kills
Updated the available Blueprint Weapon list in Battle Royale:
- Common: ICR/HBRa3/GKS/QQ9/M4LMG/KRM262/Kilo-Bolt Action
- Uncommon: KN44/ASM10/AK117/HG40/RUS74U/Chopper/Echo/Arctic.50
- Rare: AK47/HBRa3/HG40/QQ9/Cordite/M4LMG/RPD/KRM262/Kilo-Bolt Action/Locus
- Epic KN44/ASM10/ICR/GKS/RUS74U/Chopper/Echo/Arctic.50
- Legendary: AK117/AK47/ICR/HG40/Cordite/RPD/Locus
- Increased quantity and quality of BR Rank rewards
- When the rank level is reset, lower rank players lose fewer points
- New ranking data stat: First Place Earned
- Optimized BR matching efficiency
- New weapon library system. Now players can check all advanced weapons
- Optimize the user experience of the gunsmith system
- Improved user experience of after match summary reports
- In PLAYER PROFILE, now you can check the number of MP&BR Legends in history
SOURCE: Call of Duty: Mobile
How to get Black Ops Cold War Beta Bonus Content
Activision has announced players can get bonus content for playing Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War’s Beta.
The Beta will officially begin on October 8 in early access on PlayStation 4 with other platforms to follow.
Black Ops Cold War Bonus – SMG Blueprint
All players who reach Level 10 within the Beta will receive an SMG Weapon Blueprint at the launch of Black Ops Cold War.
A Weapon Blueprint is a variant of a weapon family within the game, complete with its own unique name and cosmetic differences. Weapon Blueprints may also come pre-equipped with attachments, allowing you to use them on that specific weapon without needing to level it up to unlock those attachments organically. These attachments can be swapped out in favor of other attachments earned by levelling up the weapon normally.
Russell Adler in Call of Duty®: Mobile
Activision has also announced a bonus content item for Call of Duty: Mobile for playing the beta. Everyone who plays the Black Ops Cold War Beta will get Russell Adler as a new character to use in Call of Duty: Mobile.
Here’s the steps you need to complete to get Russell Alder:
Step 1: If you haven’t already, create or link your Activision Account in Call of Duty Mobile. Click here for detailed specific instructions on how to do this.
Step 2: Download and play the Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Beta through the same Activision Account. It doesn’t matter what platform you’re on or what day you play; so long as you play on the same Activision Account you linked your Call of Duty: Mobile profile to, you’re eligible to receive this reward. Check out the Black Ops Cold War Beta schedule here.
Step 3: Check your e-mail address tied to your Activision Account for your unique code to unlock Adler. Codes will be sent the week after the Beta ends. The e-mail should be in your inbox but may appear in another folder; check them all before following up with Activision Support.
Step 4: Once you receive a code, visit https://www.callofduty.com/redemption and enter your UID (found in your Call of Duty: Mobile profile, under your username) as well as that unique code.
Step 5: Head to Call of Duty: Mobile’s in-game mailbox to claim your reward, and dive into Call of Duty: Mobile’s Multiplayer and Battle Royale with this master of espionage and deception.
Modern Warfare & Warzone Oct 23 Update: Playlists & Bug Fixes
Infinity Ward has released a new playlist update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone. This...
PlayStation exclusive Black Ops Cold War Zombies mode revealed
Sony PlayStation has announced the PlayStation exclusive content for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War. The exclusive PlayStation content...
Call of Duty: Mobile surpasses 300 million downloads
Activision Blizzard has revealed that Call of Duty: Mobile has reached a new milestone. In a tweet celebrating one year...