Infinity Ward has posted on Reddit a recap of some of the fixes that are now live for the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2v2 Alpha on PS4, a list of what the feedback that they are aware of, alongside a preview of some new content coming this weekend as the Alpha continues.
The studio has confirmed that the Stack map for the Gunfight mode is on the way this weekend, alongside some variations of the 2v2 mode to bring new play styles and weapon choices.
From Infinity Ward:
We’re only on day two of the 2v2 Gunfight Open Alpha on PS4 and the response we’ve received from you, the community, has been incredible. Your feedback and suggestions are being heard by everyone at the studio, so thank you and please keep them coming!
And let’s not forget that Gunfight is only a small slice of what our Multiplayer experience has to offer, so every Tweet, comment, post, and video you make helps us make the game that much better as we march towards the Multiplayer Beta coming in September.
Now, back to the Alpha. We know there’s been some confusion around whether or not you’ll need to preorder the game or have PlayStation Plus in order to download and play in the Alpha. To answer simply, nope! The 2v2 Gunfight Alpha is FREE and open to anyone who owns a PlayStation, no strings attached!
With that, we’re excited to share several updates based on your valuable feedback and bug reporting, so let’s jump in with some fixes and new content we’re adding to the game TODAY.
Fixes That Are Currently Live:
- Docks: A new 2v2 map is now in rotation! When we pushed the playlist update live earlier today, players were unable to connect to online services as a result. As of now, connection issues should be recovering, so thank you all for your patience as we worked through this.
- M19 Pistol: Damage increased at longer ranges (now a minimum 5 shot kill instead of 6)
- Improved Idle Player Handling (AFK): If at the end of a match you have not touched your controller within two rounds, you’ll be removed from matchmaking.
- Improved matchmaking for solo microphone users – you’re now much more likely to find a teammate with a microphone.
Feedback We’re Working On:
This doesn’t begin to cover all of the feedback you’ve sent us of course, but here are some updates on a few we’ve frequently been seeing.
- Settings not saving in the options menu: This can be resolved by making sure you aren’t logged in with multiple PSN accounts or profiles.
- Audio Mix: While in the Audio tab of the Settings menu, you can set your mix preset and adjust some basic volume tuners. We recommend using Headphone 1, TV1, or Infinity Ward Mix for the best experience.
- Player and Enemy Footsteps: Audio for first-person footsteps has been lowered and falloff audio for enemy footsteps has been raised. You’ll hear these changes in the upcoming Beta.
- Look Sensitivity: The default setting is currently set at Medium 3. Make sure you jump into your settings and adjust your sensitivity to fit your playstyle before heading into a match.
- Enemy Nameplate Visibility: We’ve seen a lot of comments about how the enemy nameplate is sometimes visible behind cover and can make shooting at long distances a bit distracting. This is something we’re keeping an eye on and will continue to monitor as we move towards Beta.
- Black and White Screen At Low Health: In Gunfight, you only have one life and no health regeneration. If you’ve been hit and are at less than 25 health, your screen will flash black and white to visually show you that your life could end fairly quickly with another blow.
- “Proper English Welcome!” : This dialogue is currently playing too frequently at the beginning of each match. We’ll be tuning this to happen less often during the Beta.
- Keyboard and Mouse Settings: These settings are not fully fleshed out in the Alpha. You’ll have more options, including key binding, when we hit the Beta in September.
- Matchmaking and Faction Names Are Barely Visible: While in matchmaking, the text for “Searching for a Match” along with both Faction names are barely visible in the lobby. These will be easier to read in the Beta.
- Scopes on Shotguns: They can be pretty powerful, especially from across the map. The one you’re playing with in Gunfight, the 725, is a longer barrel shotgun with a tighter shot pattern. We’ll update the text in the loadout menu to reflect that it has a much longer range than a regular shotgun.
We aren’t done yet! As we roll into the weekend, we’ll be adding yet another new map and a Gunfight variant into the rotation!
2v2 “Pickup” Variant
The rules are the same, but this time you’ll only spawn with a pistol. Weapons, lethals, and tacticals are randomly spread in the map, so you’ll need to pickup your loadout as you fight to stay alive!
Again, THANK YOU. We’re thankful to have a community that is so passionate about what we’re doing, and we couldn’t be more grateful to have you with us every step of the way. We’ll continue to update you with known bugs and planned fixes each day during the Alpha, so please be sure to check back for more information and follow us on Twitter, @InfinityWard, where we’ll be sharing your best clips, answering questions, and more.
How to unlock the Sykov Pistol in Modern Warfare & Warzone Season 2
The Sykov full-auto pistol has finally been added to Warzone and Modern Warfare, so here’s how to unlock this powerful new sidearm.
In a surprise update on April 15, the highly-anticipated Sykov full-auto Pistol was added to Call of Duty: Warzone and Modern Warfare, so here’s how to unlock this powerful new sidearm.
After players found the Sykov Pistol in Plunder, they were desperate to get their hands on this new Modern Warfare weapon. In an update on April 15, the Sykov Pistol was finally added to the game.
It’s described in-game as a “double-action/single-action sidearm” that “comes with a few custom gunsmith mods that make it an outstanding addition to any arsenal.” From gameplay, we know that these powerful modifications are the full-auto feature and the 80 Round Mags.
With the right attachments, the Sykov pistol is unstoppable at close-range. Here’s everything you need to do to unlock it.
How to unlock the Sykov in Warzone and Modern Warfare
The Sykov Pistol is easy to unlock in Modern Warfare and Warzone, you simply need to get 4 kills while using pistols in 5 different matches.
If you own Modern Warfare, this is the place to do it. Jump into small maps such as Shipment or Shoot House in Hardcore mode, use any pistol, and you’ll be able to one-tap other players with ease.
If you only own Warzone, the challenge will be more difficult but is still very manageable. We recommend jumping into Plunder with some of Warzone’s best pistols. The akimbo Diamattis are still powerhouses, and dual Renettis will also offer similar results.
Also, we recommend you finish the match for progress to count. Leaving the match early can cause issues with the progress not counting, so you can simply get your pistol kills then play on as normal until the match ends.
How to unlock Akimbo for the Sykov pistol
What makes the Sykov so powerful is its Akimbo perk. This isn’t unlocked as a regular challenge, you’ll need to get 3 kills in 5 different matches using the Mo’Money perk with the Sykov.
The challenge description is reportedly bugged and will tell you to use the Renetti, but you need to use the Mo’Money perk with the Sykov.
Again, this challenge is easy in Modern Warfare’s multiplayer. We recommend playing Hardcore Shipment and Shoothouse as you’ll get the kills in no time.
For Warzone, we recommend hopping into Plunder. Equip Mo’Money to your Sykov and take close-range fights and you should be able to get at least three kills.
The Sykov’s arrival follows three new maps being added to Modern Warfare – Killhouse, Al-Raab Airbase, and Drainage. The latter two have been removed but will be returning soon as they still needed more “love.”
- Read more: When is Warzone’s nuke event?
The Sykov is also the first of the unreleased Modern Warfare weapons to have arrived in the game, with the CX-9 SMG and Raal LMG still scheduled to arrive.
Ranked up, the Sykov pistol is likely to be a dominant weapon close-range in Warzone, so if the issues with unlocking it are addressed, it’s worth utilizing the upcoming Double XP event to quickly unlock all of the attachments.
Image Credit: Activision
New Modern Warfare MP maps returning soon
Killhouse added to Modern Warfare, as two more maps to come soon.
Following the Warzone Season 2 Reloaded update, Modern Warfare received three new maps – Call of Duty 4’s Killhouse, Al-Raab Airbase, and Drainage. Now, the two new maps have been temporarily removed but will return soon, and Killhouse still remains.
Although Call of Duty games usually lose the majority of their player base when the next installment of the franchise releases, Black Ops Cold War’s joint progression system has given Modern Warfare fans a reason to stay. Even while playing 2019’s title, they will continue to increase their rank in Warzone and Cold War.
Modern Warfare’s content lifecycle was set to end in November 2020 with the release of Cold War, but as part of Warzone’s mid-Season 2 update, Activision treated fans to three new maps: Killhouse, Al-Raab Airbase, and Drainage.
Killhouse was, and still is, available in a 24/7 playlist in Modern Warfare’s multiplayer, but Al-Raab and Drainage were only available in private matches. Now, however, Al-Raab and Drainage have been mysteriously removed from the game.
Old-school CoD fans will remember Killhouse well as it made its debut in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare but has also been included in CoD Mobile and Modern Warfare Remastered.
This close-range map, inspired by CoD 4’s tutorial level, F.N.G, is set in a military training warehouse. Although the map is small, it has plenty of cover and obstacles to navigate between.
You can still jump straight into Killhouse by selecting the “Killhouse 24/7” playlist from the Modern Warfare menu.
The other 6v6 map added in this surprise update was Al-Raab Airbase, but it could only be accessed through Private Matches. This map may also be familiar as it appears to be modeled after the Russian airbase Alex and Farah assault in the campaign mission, Proxy War. This map is relatively larger than CoD’s standard 6v6, with plenty of verticality and long lanes to snipe down.
A new Gunfight map, Drainage, was also added to Modern Warfare’s Private Matches. Similar to Airbase, Drainage is large for a 2v2 map, but it will also support 3v3 and other small team game modes. A bridge goes over the map as its standout feature, and there’s a ton of debris on the ground for players to use as cover.
These two maps will be returning to Modern Warfare MP “soon” Infinity Ward says in a new tweet. The maps needed more “love” before they could become available to play.
Infinity Ward never acknowledged the maps being added or taken away, so we don’t know if these are the only changes made to Modern Warfare.
Image Credit: Activision / CODTracker
Warzone players call for “Classic” mode with only Modern Warfare weapons
Many Warzone players feel that Call of Duty’s battle royale game could do with a mode that only allows the use of Modern Warfare weapons.
Disgruntled Warzone players want to see the game incorporate a “Classic” mode that goes back to the game’s roots, using only CoD: Modern Warfare weapons.
The integration of Black Ops Cold War into Warzone really did change the game and its meta forever. Across Season 1 and Season 2, Warzone’s already stellar roster of guns received a massive boost and gave players a lot more options to choose from.
But these extras haven’t been to the delight of everyone, as some of them namely Cold War’s DMR, Diamattis, and MAC-10 have had a huge impact on Warzone. In response, some players are keen to see a mode that only makes use of the game’s original weapons.
Cold War and Warzone use different game engines, meaning that the guns don’t translate as well when they make the transition to a different game.
melon_b0y has alluded to this fact and is calling for Raven Software to accommodate frustrated CoD players.
He said, “Without the Cold War weapons, the game would flow a lot smoother and would bring back skill into gunfights, not just who shoots first. Not to mention that without the FFAR and AUG around to compete, the game mode would be more balanced.
I’m not saying completely remove Cold War weapons, but I think a mode without them would greatly improve the fun in Warzone and bring back some nostalgia as well.”
It’s an interesting concept that should definitely be considered. It certainly does feels like a lifetime ago that Warzone was only populated by Modern Warfare weapons and felt more balanced.
If this became a reality, you’d imagine that it would be supported by many players, and could result in players abandon the normal version of the game.
Image credits: Activision
Cold War & Warzone Season 3 artwork reportedly leaked
A first look at Black Ops Cold War & Warzone Season 3 artwork has leaked online.
Warzone will reportedly get NVIDIA DLSS support with Season 3
NVIDIA DLSS could bring new technology and support for PC players in Warzone.
Treyarch reverses some bans following Cold War Zombies Sail 630 Nuclear Bug
Treyarch have responded to Cold War Zombies players reports that they have been falsely banned after receiving the 'Sail 630...