Day 3 of the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Crossplay Open Beta on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC is wrapping up, and Infinity Ward has shared on Reddit a recap of the day, including what they’re looking into after Day 3 and more.
The studio is continuing to look at the feedback from issues on Xbox One and PC, crashes on other platforms, and more.
Infinity Ward added in the new Ground War mode and increased the Level to 30 to the Beta on Day 3.
The studio also provided an update on what additional content to expect going into Day 4 of the Crossplay Open Beta.
FROM INFINITY WARD:
We hope you’ve been enjoying the beta so far and we can’t thank you all enough for playing. It’s been an amazing weekend and we’ve loved reading your feedback and thoughts. We’ve seen MASSIVE amounts of players joining up today and it’s been incredible! Ground War seems to be a hit with all of you and we’re excited for you to see the variety of larger maps and higher player counts than the one you’re seeing in Beta.
Take a look at feedback we’re looking into from today along with what you’ll get your hands on tomorrow!
Feedback We’re Looking Into:
Since the Beta kicked off, we’ve been tracking your feedback and we’ll continue to do so throughout the weekend. This isn’t everything you’ve reported, but here are some of the bugs and fixes we’ve been tracking…
- Blurriness on PC
- Crashes on Xbox One and PC (please check existing threads on here if you’re experiencing one of these crashes)
- If you’re experiencing any crashes on PC, please click HERE for support
- Players were able to change their input device midmatch. We deployed a fix for this during the beta.
- Xbox users: We know of a bug with invites and joining up from the Xbox Dashboard. While this is being investigated, you can still send invites and join up with friends within the game.
- Staying together as a Party after a match: After completing a match as a party, some players are unable to find a new match and are stuck in the matchmaking lobby. We’re still looking into this issue, but in the meantime, disbanding your party and joining back up is a temporary solution while we work on a fix.
- Spawning and Visuals: Spawning is currently inconsistent on some maps, so thank you for sharing your videos with us and sharing your feedback. We’ll continue to monitor the spawn system and we’ll update you if we deploy any changes. We will also be looking into lighting and exposure on various areas of the map, such as how you view dark rooms from the outside of a building and vice versa, for example.
- Voice chat: Voice chat is inconsistent when joining up with players on other platforms. This is being investigated.
- Ground War: In some cases, players would spawn or be ‘pushed’ under the map, allowing them to kill enemy players while being hidden. Friendlies are also able to spawn on under the map as well. We’re looking into how you spawn on your teammates as well as spawning in on vehicles in general, too.
- Screen Tearing would occur for some players on Xbox; mostly after spawning in or after using a killstreak
- VTOL Jet is able to fire through the roof of buildings and kill enemy players
- Vehicle Audio and/or in-game music is sometimes the only audio being played regardless of being in a lobby or match
- Suppressed M13 still uses normal audio sounds
- Settings not saving on PC
- FOV Slider setting reverting to default after loading into the map. This has been fixed.
- 6v6 Gun Runner
- 6v6 Hackney Yard (Day)
- 6v6 Azhir Cave (Day)
- 10v10 Grazna Raid
- 32v32 Ground War (Karst River Quarry)
- Game Mode Filter: TDM (Team Deathmatch)
- Game Mode Filter: Dom (Domination)
- Game Mode Filter: HQ (Headquarters)
- Game Mode Filter: Cyber Attack
- Game Mode Filter: 10v10 HQ (Headquarters)
- Game Mode Filter: 10v10 Dom (Domination)
- Featured Playlist: 32v32 Ground War (Karst River Quarry)
- Featured Playlist: Realism – TDM (Azhir Cave, Hackney Yard, Gun Runner)
Modern Warfare devs make secret TTK change with major health boost
Modern Warfare players believe Infinity Ward have made a major TTK adjustment, adding health to players in Ground War.
Modern Warfare players have discovered that Infinity Ward have made a secret change to the game’s Ground War mode, giving players a major health boost.
Modern Warfare dropped all the way back in 2019, yet remains popular with fans even three years later. With the next Call of Duty title set to be Modern Warfare 2, it’s no surprise that people are jumping back onto Infinity Ward’s last offering.
Even though the developers are hard at work finishing up MW2, it seems that Infinity Ward isn’t finished with Modern Warfare just yet, and still drops updates on the game fairly regularly.
The game’s last update dropped alongside Warzone Season 3 Reloaded, but didn’t include extensive patch notes for players to read. After playing the game though, YouTuber and CoD expert JGOD has discovered a secret change that changes Ground War massively.
In a tweet posted on May 29, JGOD revealed that after playing Ground War, he believed that Infinity Ward had raised the base health in the mode.
To prove this, he used the RAM-7, explaining that at 100HP, it should kill in four shots. In Ground War though, it took six bullets. This suggests that the mode’s base health has been increased to 150HP.
JGOD wasn’t the only player who noticed this change, with many replying that they had felt something was different too. “I knew they did something with the recent update,” tweeted one, while TrapGodTO admitted he felt the “time-to-kill had went up” too.
A higher TTK means it is harder to kill opponents, as you need to hit more shots accurately to wipe them out. The reason for this change remains unknown, but that hasn’t stopped players from speculating.
Some believe this change is directly linked to Warzone, where Raven buffed HP in Rebirth Island with the Reloaded patch. Others think Infinity Ward are testing different base healths for Modern Warfare 2. If that is the case, it’s likely we will have to wait for a multiplayer beta for confirmation.
Image credit: Infinity Ward
Which packs are needed for Modern Warfare Multiplayer? Full list
Modern Warfare is a huge game that players need a lot of storage for. Luckily, only certain Modern Warfare packs are needed for Multiplayer.
Knowing what data packs you need to download to play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare’s Multiplayer can be quite confusing, so we put together a detailed list of what you need and how much space it takes up.
Call of Duty’s Multiplayer has been a fan favorite mode of the franchise pretty much since it was released, and although Modern Warfare isn’t the latest installment, players are still enjoying it.
With the Call of Duty games evolving every year, it’s only natural that the data needed is larger. Therefore, some players may be wondering what data packs they need solely for the Multiplayer mode.
What packs are needed for Modern Warfare Multiplayer?
In recent history, the developers have allowed players to pick and choose what data to download due to the huge amount of storage that the games take up.
This way, players who only play the Multiplayer can uninstall the data for the campaign and any other extra modes. This is great, as it prevents storage from being taken up modes you don’t play.
Luckily there isn’t much that players actually need to play Modern Warfare’s Multiplayer.
Here’s a list of all the Modern Warfare Multiplayer packs you need to have downloaded:
- Base Game: 88.7 GB
- Multiplayer pack: 6.0 GB
- Multiplayer pack 2: 19.9 GB
- Multiplayer and Special Ops Pack: 21.3 GB
In total, this comes to 135.9 GB big and will require a sizable amount of your console storage.
For those on Xbox One, you will need all three of the Modern Warfare Multiplayer packs mentioned above to run the Multiplayer mode.
For those on PC or PlayStation, you only need Data Pack 1 and the Multiplayer Pack 2 in order to run Modern Warfare’s Multiplayer.
So, for those who are either bored of Warzone like some popular streamers have been lately, you may want to head back over to the classic Multiplayer and give the new CX-9 SMG a try. With that being said, these are the data packs you’ll need to do so.
For more on Call of Duty, stay tuned on Charlie INTEL and check out our article on the best PC Settings for Warzone Pacific Season 3.
Image Credits: Raven Software / Activision
Modern Warfare 2 shown to NFL prospects: Title confirmed & first impressions
As top prospects prepare for the NFL draft, they’re getting a first look at Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 during a private CoD event.
NFL draft prospects are giving their first impressions of Modern Warfare 2 as they get an exclusive look at the new Call of Duty title.
Although Vanguard Season 3 has only just begun, Call of Duty players are already looking forward to the next installment in the franchise. The Modern Warfare series is beloved by many players across the globe, thus the excitement for Modern Warfare 2 is high.
There are certainly a ton of rumors beginning to swirl but thanks to a private CoD event for some of the NFL’s top draft prospects, we received an official title for the game as well as first impressions from the players lucky enough to sneak a peek.
We’ve known for a while that the next Call of Duty title is set to be a sequel to 2019’s Modern Warfare. Given the sequel association, most people began calling it Modern Warfare II. While this was in the right ballpark, the event finally confirmed that the title will be Modern Warfare 2.
In addition to title confirmation of the Infinity Ward developed game, several top prospects from the upcoming NFL draft took to social media to share thoughts and opinions on their first look at Modern Warfare 2.
The list of NFL prospects who got a glimpse of Modern Warfare 2 includes Ahmad Gardner, Aidan Hutchinson, and Bo Melton. Both Melton and Hutchinson posted pictures of themselves at the Las Vegas event.
Meanwhile, Gardner offered more details concerning the footage and claimed that “it was so realistic, it’s insane.” This lines up with a statement from an Activision briefing that claimed Modern Warfare 2 would be “the most advanced experience in franchise history.”
Only time will tell if this positive perception will hold up but CoD fans have a lot to be excited about.
For more on the upcoming CoD title, check out how a leaker claims SBMM will be reworked in Modern Warfare 2 or potential major changes to Perks.
Image Credit: Activision
FIFA 22 Ultimate Team promotion calendar: Every FUT special card
FIFA 22 Ultimate Team has a ton of special cards and promotions to dissect, so we've put together a calendar...
CoD Warzone 2: Leaks, rumors, platforms & release window
Activision are developing Warzone 2, so here's everything we know about the sequel to CoD's popular battle royale.
Battlefield 2042 Update 1.1 patch notes: Vehicle changes, DMR rebalancing, XP events, more
DICE are delivering the Season 1 Update 1.1 for Battlefield 2042’s first update of the season and here's a look...