Day 4 of the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Crossplay Open Beta on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC is wrapping up, and Infinity Ward has shared on Reddit a recap of the day, including what they’re looking into after Day 4 and more.
The studio is continuing to look at the feedback from issues on Xbox One and PC, crashes on other platforms, and more.
Infinity Ward added in the new Ground War mode and increased the Level to 30 to the Beta on Day 3 and updated the playlists on Day 4.
FROM INFINITY WARD:
We’re in the last few hours of the final full day of the Beta and you all have provided such amazing feedback to us since the start of weekend two! Thank you so much for talking with us and sharing your thoughts. You are helping us make the game even better as we get closer to launch and we couldn’t be more thankful. We’ll continue to update you on the status of these bugs after the Beta ends as well!
Feedback We’re Looking Into:
Since the Beta kicked off, we’ve been tracking your feedback and we’ll continue to do so throughout the weekend. This isn’t everything you’ve reported, but here are some of the bugs and fixes we’ve been tracking…
- Blurriness while ADSing or on the matchmaking screen on PC
- Crashes on Xbox One and PC (please check existing threads on here if you’re experiencing one of these crashes)
- Players are unable to chat with console platforms while on PC
- Players were able to change their input device midmatch. We deployed a fix for this during the beta.
- Recon Drone UI staying on screen after using
- Juggernaut Suit not spawning out of the crate and the mask staying on screen after the player has died in the suit and respawned back in to match
- Ground War: In some cases, players would spawn or be ‘pushed’ under the map, allowing them to kill enemy players while being hidden. Friendlies are also able to spawn on under the map as well. We’re looking into how you spawn on your teammates as well as spawning in on vehicles in general, too.
- Players are unable to shoot through open rails/towers
- Screen tearing on character and weapon models on Xbox
- VTOL Jet firing through the roof of various buildings in Quarry
- Suppressed M13 still uses normal audio sounds
- Settings not saving on PC
- FOV Slider setting reverting to default after loading into the map. This has been fixed.
- Doors not opening or closing as intented. In some cases, players are able to see through closed doors.
- Cyber Attack: Unable to defuse the bomb. Unable to pick up a weapon after being revived
- Various audio bugs where the only audio being played is of vehicles, no audio, or only weapons
- Xbox users: We know of a bug with invites and joining up from the Xbox Dashboard. While this is being investigated, you can still send invites and join up with friends within the game.
- Staying as a Party after a match: After completing a match as a party, some players are unable to find a new match and are stuck in the matchmaking lobby. We’re still looking into this issue, but in the meantime, disbanding your party and joining back up is a temporary solution while we work on a fix.
- Spawning and Visuals: Spawning is currently inconsistent on some maps, so thank you for sharing your videos with us and sharing your feedback. We’ll continue to monitor the spawn system and we’ll update you if we deploy any changes. We will also be looking into lighting and exposure on various areas of the map, such as how you view dark rooms from the outside of a building and vice versa, for example.
- Voice chat: Voice chat is inconsistent when joining up with players on other platforms. This is being investigated.
New Modern Warfare Season 7 leaks: Soap, weapons, more
A fresh leak has revealed that season 7 of CoD: Modern Warfare is coming with the game set for a new Soap operator, new weapons, and more.
Despite the ongoing success of Warzone and Black Ops Cold War, Modern Warfare is set to continue with a brand new Season 7. A leak has hinted at a new Soap operator, some new weapons to use, and a lot more.
It seemed like we said goodbye to Modern Warfare back in September with the game set to make way for the next entry in the franchise – Black Ops Cold War. However, a new leak has suggested that not only is the game not going away, but it’s set to be bolstered by a slew of fresh content.
The exciting leak has given us some insight as to what we can expect with most areas of the game being targeted for an update.
Modern Warfare Season 7 release date
If the reported leak from popular YouTube personality TheGamingRevolution turns out to be 100% factual, then we can expect Season 7 to drop on March 11.
The specific dates arise from the LTM Zombies Outbreak mode ending on that specific date, and speculation that Modern Warfare season 7 will fill this void.
New Modern Warfare Soap Operator
We mentioned a while back that a Soap Operator Bundle had been leaked for Warzone, and now it’s finally being implemented.
The legendary Call of Duty Captain is set to return to the series and he’s bringing with him different variants, three new Legendary weapon Blueprints, and the usual selection of Charms, Emblems, and Sprays.
Fans of Soap will have to part with 2,400 CoD Points, each, if they want to add this new Operator to their collection.
New multiplayer maps in Modern Warfare Season 7
In addition to new Operators, we are also set for some new maps to duke it out on as the leak indicates that the game’s array of multiplayer maps will also be expanded upon as well.
First up is Al Raab Airbase and this brand new location appears to be a large outdoor map with a big hangar near the middle of it. Also on the way is a reimagining of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare’s DLC map – Killhouse.
The other two maps are extra Gunfight playgrounds called Townhouse and Drainage. They will both be exclusive to the Gunfight mode it seems.
New weapons in Modern Warfare Season 7 & Warzone
As is now the norm with any new weapons for Black Ops Cold War and Warzone, the new leaked weapons for Modern Warfare will likely make an appearance in the battle royale shooter.
The first leaked weapon is the Sykov pistol that has already been leaked and the sidearm has been available for use for some time now.
We then have the CX-9 SMG which has also been out in the public for some time. To actually use it, you’ll need to achieve two longshot SMG kills across five different games.
Our final new weapon is the Raal MG. This LMG rounds off the set and it certainly won’t be an easy one to get a hold of. To get it, you need to have leveled up another LMG, and then you need to get five kills with the Scout Optic in seven different games.
As we’ve said, all this information comes from a reliable leaker, so this information isn’t completely certain. However, if Season 7 does turn out to be the case, then Modern Warfare players have a lot of content to look forward to.
Image credits: Activision
Fastest way to unlock Warzone’s Blue Dot reticle
Here are the fastest ways to unlock Warzone’s cleanest optic, the Blue Dot reticle, for Holographic and Reflex sights.
The Blue Dot reticle is one of the cleanest optics you can equip in Call of Duty: Warzone, but it takes a ton of time and kills to unlock. We’ve put together a guide on the quickest ways to unlock it.
Many streamers and content creators favor the Blue Dot Holo Sight over anything else because of how clean it is. You get the benefit of the Holographic Sight’s huge aperture, but also have the precision of a Red Dot Sight. Equipping the Blue Dot on the Kilo 141 or Bruen MK9 will make the weapons feel laser-accurate.
The Blue Dot can be unlocked for both the Holo and Reflex sights, so here’s everything you have to do and the fastest way to do it.
How to unlock Blue Dot for Holo Sights
To unlock the Blue Dot for Holo Sights, you need to get lots of kills using them. Fortunately, you don’t have to do anything crazy, just get kills and headshots with a variety of different Holo Sights.
Here’s everything you have to do:
- Get 200 Kills using the Corp Combat Holo Sight
- Get 50 Headshots using the Corp Combat Holo Sight
- Get 200 Kills using the APX5 Holographic Sight
- Get 50 Headshots using the APX5 Holographic Sight
- Get 200 Kills using the PBX Holo 7 Sight
- Get 50 Headshots using the PBX Holo 7 Sight
- Get 200 Kills using any Holo Sight
- Get 50 Headshots using any Holo Sight
- Get 3 kills without dying 150 times using any Holo Sight
How to unlock Blue Dot for Reflex Sights
Unlocking the Blue Dot for Reflex Sights will also require a plethora of kills.
- Read more: Everything we know about Warzone Season 2
Here’s everything you have to do to unlock the Blue Dot for Reflex Sights:
- Get 200 Kills using the Operator Reflex Sight
- Get 50 Headshots using the Operator Reflex Sight
- Get 200 Kills using the Aim-Op Sight
- Get 50 Headshots using the Aim-Op Sight
- Get 200 Kills using the Viper Reflex Sight
- Get 50 Headshots using the Viper Reflex Sight
- Get 200 Kills using any Monocle Sight
- Get 50 Headshots using the Monocle Sight
- Get 3 kills without dying 150 times using any Reflex Sight
- Get 500 kills using any Reflex Optic
Fastest way to unlock Blue Dot in Modern Warfare’s multiplayer
The quickest and easiest way to unlock the Blue Dot reticle is to play the Shoot the Ship playlist on Modern Warfare’s multiplayer.
This includes the two smallest and most chaotic maps MW has to offer: Shoot House and Shipment. While playing on either of these maps, you’ll constantly be fighting and can rack up an insane number of kills if the round goes on for long enough.
- Read more: Best audio settings for CoD: Warzone
If these maps aren’t in 24/7 playlists, play extremely aggressively in regular Domination or Hardpoint using the necessary sight.
Fastest way to unlock Blue Dot in Warzone
If you don’t own Modern Warfare and just play Warzone, it will take more time. You should avoid regular Warzone when grinding for the Blue Dot as these challenges require a lot of kills, so a single-life battle royale game is the worst place to do this.
The RNG nature of battle royale games means that you could die before even getting your loadout, or survive the whole game but only meet five other players.
The best mode for you to do this in is Warzone Rumble. This mode is essentially Team Deathmatch inside of Warzone, where you’ll have the opportunity to get much more kills. Equip the necessary optic, and specifically go for the required challenge. It will still take a while, but this will maximize your time.
If there’s no Warzone Rumble playlist currently available, Plunder is the next best thing. In Plunder, you begin with your already chosen loadout and can redeploy to your heart’s content.
To make the most of your time in Plunder, you should solely focus on kills and not worry about collecting money to win the game. If you require headshots, take an extra second when the enemy is knocked to secure that headshot kill.
- Equip the necessary optic for the challenge
- Play Shipment and Shoot House in Modern Warfare’s multiplayer
- Play Warzone Rumble in battle royale
- If there’s no Warzone Rumble playlist, play Plunder
With these tips, no matter if you only play Warzone, you’ll be able to unlock the cleanest optic Modern Warfare’s weapons have to offer.
Image Credits: Activision
Warzone Feb 12 patch notes: hit markers fixed & MW weapon XP fixes
A new Game Settings Update for Call of Duty: Warzone is here with bug fixes & more.
Raven Software has released a new Game Settings Update to Call of Duty: Warzone and Modern Warfare on Friday, February 12.
The update also fixes a bug with Modern Warfare Weapon XP not being awarded as intended.
And, to celebrate Valentine’s Day, Raven has updated the playlist names to be a little more holiday themed! Warzone Rumble in the Sheets and Love & Plunder is now live in Warzone.
- Fixed issue causing hit markers to not appear consistently
- Fixed issue with weapon XP not awarding as intended in MW multiplayer
- Fixed issue with UI elements on the Loadout Menu
- Updated Valentine’s weekend playlist names
Stay tuned for the latest news on Call of Duty: Warzone.
Black Ops Cold War & Warzone Season 2 Battle Pass: all 100 tiers
Her are all 100 rewards tiers for the new Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War and Warzone Season 2...
How to unlock the FARA 83 Assault Rifle in Black Ops Cold War Season 2
Find out how you can wield the blistering new FARA 83 Assault Rifle in Black Ops Cold War Season 2...
How to use Black Ops Cold War & Warzone’s new ‘Quick Equip’ system
The new 'Quick Equip' system in Black Ops Cold War x Warzone Season 2 will make finding your purchased cosmetics...