Day 2 of the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Crossplay Open Beta on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC is wrapping up, and Infinity Ward has shared on Reddit a recap of the day, including what they’re looking into after Day 2 and more.
The studio is continuing to look at the feedback from issues on Xbox One and PC, crashes on other platforms, and more.
Infinity Ward also added in the brand new Ground War mode to the Beta tonight as a surprise, ahead of the planned release time for the mode in the Beta.
The studio also provided an update on what additional content to expect going into Day 3 of the Crossplay Open Beta.
FROM INFINITY WARD:
IT’S TIME TO OPEN THE FLOOD GATES! The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Crossplay Beta is now OPEN TO EVERYONE AND 32V32 GROUND WAR IS NOW AVAILABLE! Beginning now and running to the morning of Monday, September 23, the Beta is accessible to all players on PlayStation, Xbox One, or PC, regardless of pre-ordered status. If you’ve got an Xbox One, Xbox Live Gold is required to play. If you have a PC, a Battle.net account is required to play. Other than these prerequisites and an internet connection, you should have everything you need to play!
Feedback We’re Looking Into:
Since the Beta kicked off, we’ve been tracking your feedback and we’ll continue to do so throughout the weekend. This isn’t everything you’ve reported, but here are some of the bugs and fixes we’ve been tracking…
- Xbox users: We know of a bug with invites and joining up from the Xbox Dashboard. While this is being investigated, you can still send invites and join up with friends within the game.
- Staying as a Party after a match: After completing a match as a party, some players are unable to find a new match and are stuck in the matchmaking lobby. We’re still looking into this issue, but in the meantime, disbanding your party and joining back up is a temporary solution while we work on a fix.
- Spawning and Visuals: Spawning is currently inconsistent on some maps, so thank you for sharing your videos with us and sharing your feedback. We’ll continue to monitor the spawn system and we’ll update you if we deploy any changes. We will also be looking into lighting and exposure on various areas of the map, such as how you view dark rooms from the outside of a building and vice versa, for example.
- PC: Blurriness while ADSing or in the matchmaking lobby.
- PC: Some users are experiencing crashes. Please check existing threads on here if you’re experiencing any of these issues)
- Voice chat: Voice chat is inconsistent when joining up with players on other platforms. This is being investigated.
Modern Warfare & Warzone Oct 23 Update: Playlists & Bug Fixes
Infinity Ward has released a new playlist update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone.
This new update includes some bug fixes for issues that popped up with The Haunting Event, alongside updates playlists in Warzone.
- Disabling the pumpkin heads due to a bug
- Disabling the helicopter in the night version of Verdansk
- NEW: BR Solo Survivor
- Juggourdnaut Royale
- Plunder Candy Collector
The Haunting Event ends Tuesday, November 3.
Modern Warfare & Warzone Haunting Event Live: Patch Notes
The Haunting of Verdansk is here. Drop in for Halloween themed events and gear in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone on PS4, Xbox One, and PC from October 20 through November 3.
The new in-game Halloween event for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone has arrived. A new game settings update went live on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC activating the new event.
For Week 1 of The Haunting, there’s new Nighttime BR map, new playlists in Warzone & MP, and new store bundles based on SAW and Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
Warzone – New Playlists:
- Nighttime BR: Verdansk going dark (available in select Warzone modes, like Trios)
- Zombie Royale: Operators can fight against and alongside powerful zombified creatures as part of Zombie Royale, a limited-time mode where death is far from permanent. Instead of being sent to the Gulag, dead Operators will come back to life as a zombie. Although zombies cannot use weapons, they have supernatural abilities: increased speed, improved jumps, deadlier melee attacks, and thermal vision.
In addition to the new playlists in Warzone, there’s also the new Trick or Treat scavenger hunt available. Find the specially marked Supply Boxes around the map, in 16 locations, for a trick or treat. Collect all 16 rewards to unlock a bonus blueprint.
Multiplayer – New Playlists:
- Onslaughter – Squads must wrest control of a Juggernaut suit that spawns somewhere on the map and advance forward into a specific goal area. Be prepared for plenty of Minigun fire and consider powerful Killstreaks to take down an opposing Juggernaut, as well as the mad scramble whenever the suit is available for the taking. Also, the Juggernaut in this mode – and in all other modes during The Haunting of Verdansk – will come with a pumpkin head, which is surprisingly sturdy and durable despite it being a hollowed-out squash.
- Halloween Moshpit
- SAW Bundle: Be ready to don the garb of Billy the Puppet in the SAW bundle and take an enemy operator’s choice to live or die in his own hands. Along with the “Billy” skin for Morte, the SAW Bundle features The Phlebotomozier Lethal Equipment piece, a special throwing knife will drill into your enemies upon impact. And oh yes, there will be blood… if it lands on target. Rather end your enemy’s game with blood-red tracer fire? Two SAW-themed blueprint weapons – one Assault Rifle and one Shotgun – are included in this bundle, as well as a Cargo Truck skin, tricycle Charm, and four other pieces of personalization content.
- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre bundle: Features the iconic crazed killer Leatherface. The legacy of this cannibalistic maniac, whose mad and macabre reign of terror in 1974 was unlike anything ever seen before, is set to live on through the “Leatherface” skin for Velikan, as well as the “Family Heirloom” LMG blueprint, complete with a unique Stock attachment that allows an operator to wield the weapon like a chainsaw. As players are re-introduced to the malice of Leatherface, a clue as to what happened to the notorious murderer may even appear to those with a keen eye. This bundle also includes the “Anybody Home?” melee blueprint that turns this Secondary into a one-handed hammer (with a bone-breaker on one side, and a meat tenderizer on the other side, commonly used in your local slaughterhouse), which some hitchhikers claim is “the better way” of slaughtering cattle, as well as an SMG blueprint weapon, a vehicle horn, and five additional Texas Chainsaw Massacre-themed items.
Jump into The Haunting, live now through November 3 in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone.
Get a Texas Chainsaw Massacre Emblem & Calling Card in Warzone
Legendary and Activision has teamed up to give players a bonus Emblem and Calling Card for Call of Duty.
As part of the Haunting of Verdansk event, a site has gone up allowing players to watch a few videos and scene to get an Emblem and Calling Card in Warzone.
- Visit the new website called http://texaschainsaw.com
- Follow the site to watch the selection of clips (caution: audio warning)
- Enter your email when prompted
- Code sent to your email within two weeks
The legal language on the website says that users must be 17+ and have a valid Activision ID account. The promotion is live until November 1, 2020.
Once you enter your email address, the site says that codes and a poster will be emailed within a two week window.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Launch Trailer
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War deploys on November 13. Activision, Treyarch, and Raven Software have released the new...
Black Ops Cold War Achievements & Trophies leaked
The achievements for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War has leaked. CODTracker has found a list of all the...
Modern Warfare & Warzone Oct 23 Update: Playlists & Bug Fixes
Infinity Ward has released a new playlist update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone. This...