Day 2 of the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Crossplay Open Beta on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC is wrapping up, and Infinity Ward has shared on Reddit a recap of the day, including what they’re looking into after Day 2 and more.
The studio is continuing to look at the feedback from issues on Xbox One and PC, crashes on other platforms, and more.
Infinity Ward also added in the brand new Ground War mode to the Beta tonight as a surprise, ahead of the planned release time for the mode in the Beta.
The studio also provided an update on what additional content to expect going into Day 3 of the Crossplay Open Beta.
FROM INFINITY WARD:
IT’S TIME TO OPEN THE FLOOD GATES! The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Crossplay Beta is now OPEN TO EVERYONE AND 32V32 GROUND WAR IS NOW AVAILABLE! Beginning now and running to the morning of Monday, September 23, the Beta is accessible to all players on PlayStation, Xbox One, or PC, regardless of pre-ordered status. If you’ve got an Xbox One, Xbox Live Gold is required to play. If you have a PC, a Battle.net account is required to play. Other than these prerequisites and an internet connection, you should have everything you need to play!
Feedback We’re Looking Into:
Since the Beta kicked off, we’ve been tracking your feedback and we’ll continue to do so throughout the weekend. This isn’t everything you’ve reported, but here are some of the bugs and fixes we’ve been tracking…
- Xbox users: We know of a bug with invites and joining up from the Xbox Dashboard. While this is being investigated, you can still send invites and join up with friends within the game.
- Staying as a Party after a match: After completing a match as a party, some players are unable to find a new match and are stuck in the matchmaking lobby. We’re still looking into this issue, but in the meantime, disbanding your party and joining back up is a temporary solution while we work on a fix.
- Spawning and Visuals: Spawning is currently inconsistent on some maps, so thank you for sharing your videos with us and sharing your feedback. We’ll continue to monitor the spawn system and we’ll update you if we deploy any changes. We will also be looking into lighting and exposure on various areas of the map, such as how you view dark rooms from the outside of a building and vice versa, for example.
- PC: Blurriness while ADSing or in the matchmaking lobby.
- PC: Some users are experiencing crashes. Please check existing threads on here if you’re experiencing any of these issues)
- Voice chat: Voice chat is inconsistent when joining up with players on other platforms. This is being investigated.