Day 1 of the Early Access PlayStation 4 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Beta is wrapping up, and Infinity Ward has shared on Reddit a recap of the day, including what they’re looking into after Day 1 and more.
The studio is looking at the feedback from the fans on the no mini-map situation, working to fix a lot of the bugs including the Parties having to be disbanded, and a look at what’s coming during Day 2 of the Modern Warfare Beta on PS4.
FROM INFINITY WARD:
It’s been an incredible first day of the Beta and we couldn’t do any of this without you, our community. Beta testing is so helpful to us as developers. Sometimes you all find bugs we haven’t run into yet, provide suggestions that spark ideas within various teams across the studio, and of course…seeing you Nuke a lobby will never get old! As we head into the weekend, we want to say THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to everyone who has been playing today and who plans on joining over the weekend. We’re here, reading and listening to your feedback, so keep it coming!
Let’s take a look at what’s to come!
Feedback We’re Looking Into:
We’re reading all of your feedback across social media, so even if you don’t see your issue listed below, please know that we’re tracking everything. Below are some issues and feedback we’re seeing…
- Partying Up: After completing a match as a party, some players are unable to find a new match and are stuck in the matchmaking lobby. We’re still looking into this issue, but in the meantime, disbanding your party and joining back up is a temporary solution while we work on a fix.
- Unable to connect to online services: This is currently being investigated. If you are still running into this issue, please feel free to PM me your PSNID (if you aren’t comfortable posting it in a thread) so we can take a deeper look. This will be helpful as we work on a solution.
- Connecting your PSNID to your CallofDuty.com account/Display name in-game: Please check this link provided by Activision Support if you’re having issues with connecting accounts or would like to adjust your display name. You can learn how to do this here: https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarfare/comments/d3ei14/activision_account_display_names_in_the_modern/
- Hearing enemy footsteps, team footsteps, and your own: Tell us how you’re listening to the game. You can be specific by telling us some of the following information: What type of heaphones are you using? Speakers? Monitor? TV? What preset are you currently using? Are you plugged in directly to the controller? This information can help us narrow down what you’re hearing and help us look further into any issues.
- Calling Cards using wrong name and/or flag description: The description for the flag of Colombia currently says “Columbia.” The Slovakian flag is currently labeled Croatia. Both of these will be fixed during weekend two of the Beta.
- Players are able to clip into a table on Grazna Raid: A fix for this has already been completed and will be implemented as soon as possible.
- Level Cap displaying a higher level than 10: Right now, the level cap is set to 10. Some players are seeing their level cap display 11 or higher. This is a visual bug and will be fixed in weekend two.
- Graphical corruption on the matchmaking screen: Some players experienced graphical corruption errors while in matchmaking, resulting in the screen appearing black, green, or yellow. This will be fixed in weekend two of the Beta.
- Spawns: You all have provided tons of feedback and videos of spawns needing some attention. We see it on our end too as we play with you all online, so we’re looking into the current spawn system and will continue to monitor as we go through the weekend.
Okay….let’s talk about minimap.
We hear you loud and clear. Along with your feedback and the data we’re continuously collecting, we’ll be experimenting internally with a few different options and will keep you updated if we make any changes that you might see during the Beta. This is an ongoing conversation with all of you, so again, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on this topic and we’ll update you again when we have more information to share.
UPCOMING BETA CONTENT:
In addition to what you played today, tomorrow, you’re going to get your hands on a new 6v6 map, Gun Runner. We’re also swapping in a new mode in the featured playlist, Cyber Attack! Check back tomorrow for more info on Day Two and again, thank you so much for playing and we’ll see you online!
Warzone players call for boycott over Blizzard lawsuit and hacking problems
Due to the Blizzard lawsuit and endless hacking, Warzone, and other Call of Duty players, are calling for a boycott of Store purchases.
Warzone players are encouraging all Call of Duty gamers to boycott the purchase of skins and bundles from the store in response to the recent Activision Blizzard lawsuit and constant Warzone hacking.
It’s been an unsettling time for Call of Duty and its respective titles – Warzone, Black Ops Cold War, CoD: Mobile, and Modern Warfare. The ongoing Activision Blizzard lawsuit has impacted the franchise, and fans are calling for fellow players to stop buying goods from the CoD store in protest.
This includes everything from skins to Operator Bundles to even the Seasonal Battle Pass. Warzone players are citing the lawsuit, “empty updates,” and hackers as the driving force behind this movement.
Added to this is the purported series of empty updates “full of microtransactions in order to milk the players,” and the ever-increasing threat of hackers, and players have seemingly had enough.
Reddit user Jaszs has lead the charge by saying: “I’m writing this as someone who has played every. single. COD since COD2, and WZ since day 1 until yesterday, and also a former Blizzard fan. Yes, I know it may sound bad, but based on what’s going on (sexual harassment lawsuit, suppressing and abusive treatment of their employees…) I really think those guys don’t deserve anything from us, their customers.
“You can even keep playing the game if you want (there are some cool alternatives though; if you need some just ask in the comments!), just don’t spend any money in their store. In any case, you should also remember that they are the same guys that are releasing empty updates full of microtransactions in order to milk the players, releasing over and over the same game and not giving a single f*ck about the increasing number of hackers.”
The very passionate statement received over 300 comments and counting, and it’s universally in favor of boycotting Activision’s Store ahead of the Warzone Season 5 launch.
Given that there are many responses, here are a selection of replies:
- “I’ve got 900 COD points and level 90 on the battle pass. Not spending a penny more on this game. They don’t respect their employees, they don’t respect the players (anti-cheat lmao) they aren’t getting anymore of my money.”
- “Once all this sh*t came to light, my entire friend group collectively uninstalled the game and swore off of it for good. We were already mad at the game for being poorly managed with hackers and constant glitches/crashes. I suppose this was the lead straw that broke the metaphorical camel’s back.”
- “Based on the way they’ve handled cheating, the CW integration, and the general state of the game in the last year, I’m shocked than any of you have been buying cosmetic items from them. Do you realize what kind of message you’re sending by making the worst CoD their highest-earning one?”
At the time of writing, the post has nearly 1.8K upvotes and rising. Given the player count of Warzone far exceeds this, it’s hard to imagine this boycott would do too much damage.
Conversely, Producer at Sledgehammer Games Alayna Cole has Tweeted an important message concerning the circumstances.
Boycotting the Activision store will have an obvious knock-on effect in terms of sales revenue, and would ultimately disrupt the salaries and jobs of many employees who are not involved in this lawsuit.
It’s a hard position for all involved and for players who engage in Call of Duty games. The lawsuit is still long ongoing, and we’ll continue to update you at Charlie INTEL with any breaking developments.
Image Credit: Activision Blizzard
Modern Warfare players want one change for Ground War to fix spawn trapping
Modern Warfare players are calling for the developers to make a change in the Ground War mode to help ease spawn trapping frustrations.
Modern Warfare’s Ground War mode is loved by many. However, some players have been asking the developers to consider one change to help the spawning.
Ground War has been a staple of the Modern Warfare franchise for a long time, with players loving the larger player count. However, some players are dissatisfied with the spawning in the mode, asking for the devs to make a slight change.
Reddit user bob1689321 put a post up with the title: “Opinion: ground war maps shouldn’t have out-of-bounds areas. That would fix all spawn trap issues.”
The idea is to have the Ground War maps currently available more open, allowing players to spawn without having enemies so close by.
Spawn trapping has pretty much always been an issue in Call of Duty’s multiplayer, but especially in the Ground War game mode due to the increased player size.
When talking about Boneyard for Ground War, bob1689321 says:
“it’s so tight that there’s nowhere to flank, and it always turns into a spawn trap without fail. Open up the sides for flanking, and the map would play much better.”
It seems players also agree in the comments: “Opened this post to disagree with it, turns out I absolutely love this idea and the reasoning behind it!”
Although there could be issues with opening up the maps for Ground War, perhaps if the idea gains enough traction, the developers will look into it.
The developers have made changes in the past based on player feedback, so it would not be surprising to see a change of this regard be introduced to help ease frustrations the community has when it comes to being spawn trapped in Ground War.
For updates and more on Call of Duty, like the next release entitled Vanguard, stay tuned via Charlie INTEL and check out just how many people are still playing the 2019 entry in the popular first-person shooter franchise.
Image Credits: Activision / Raven Software
Best P90 loadout for CoD: Modern Warfare
The P90 has remained a popular choice in Modern Warfare’s multiplayer, so here are the best attachments and Perks you should run with it.
The P90 is a great close-range option in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare’s multiplayer, so we have the best attachments and Perks you should run in your loadout.
Modern Warfare’s multiplayer has been kept active and alive thanks to Cold War’s joint progression. Each season, there will be a ton of new levels to progress through, and some new weapons and maps have even been added since its development cycle ended.
One of the most effective SMGs in the game is the P90. Fast firing with great mobility, it’s suited for all of the Modern Warfare’s close-range maps.
Here are the best attachments and Perks you can run with this classic SMG.
Best Modern Warfare P90 loadout
Best Modern Warfare P90 attachments
- Barrel: FFS 10.6″ Pro
- Laser: Tac Laser
- Stock: Fly Strap
- Underbarrel: Rubberized Grip Tape
- Rear Grip: Stippled Grip Tape
We’ve built this P90 to dominate in the close-range fights of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare’s multiplayer maps.
To start, we’ve opted for the FFS 10.6″ Pro barrel. This will significantly increase the weapon’s damage range and bullet velocity, allowing you to challenge further away players who are using Assault Rifles or LMGs.
Next, we’ve gone for the Tac Laser and Fly Strap stock for a massive mobility increase. Combined, your aim down sight, sprint to fire, and strafe speed will be significantly faster.
Then, you should add the Rubberized Grip Tape on the underbarrel. This will help control the recoil, allowing you to hit further-out enemy’s and aim precisely for the head. And finally, the Stippled Grip Tape will further increase your ADS speed for snapping onto enemies.
Best Perks to run with Modern Warfare P90
- Perk 1: E.O.D
- Perk 2: Ghost
- Perk 3: Battle Hardened
Again, our Perk selection is to help the P90 excel in close-range fights. To start, E.O.D is vital to surviving the onslaught of Frag Grenades, Semtex, and C4 that are chucked around MW’s maps.
Next, Ghost will allow you to take some stealthy flanks when enemy UAVs are in the air. And finally, Battle Hardened will reduce the effects of enemy Tactical Equipment, stopping stuns and flashes from ending your killstreak.
How to unlock Modern Warfare P90
Luckily, you’ll have immediate access to the P90 as soon as you launch Modern Warfare. It’s unlocked at Level 1, so as soon as you unlock Custom Loadouts at Level 4, you can start using and leveling up the weapon.
Best alternatives to Modern Warfare’s P90
If you’re looking to use something different in MW’s multiplayer, there are several powerful SMGs you can equip. The MP7 has always been a popular choice for a versatile SMG, or you can use the classic M4A1 for something with more range.
Image Credit: Infinity Ward
How to get Warzone Phoenix Inferno blueprint
Warzone players love a good weapon blueprint, especially ones with as much detail as the latest Phoenix Inferno blueprint for...
Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards this week: July 30
Are you curious about what the Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards are this week? We have all of the...
Black Ops Cold War players want one major change for Mastercraft blueprints
Black Ops Cold War Mastercraft blueprints are great, giving players detailed thematic skins for their weapons, but some players want...