Day 1 of the Early Access PlayStation 4 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Beta is wrapping up, and Infinity Ward has shared on Reddit a recap of the day, including what they’re looking into after Day 1 and more.
The studio is looking at the feedback from the fans on the no mini-map situation, working to fix a lot of the bugs including the Parties having to be disbanded, and a look at what’s coming during Day 2 of the Modern Warfare Beta on PS4.
FROM INFINITY WARD:
It’s been an incredible first day of the Beta and we couldn’t do any of this without you, our community. Beta testing is so helpful to us as developers. Sometimes you all find bugs we haven’t run into yet, provide suggestions that spark ideas within various teams across the studio, and of course…seeing you Nuke a lobby will never get old! As we head into the weekend, we want to say THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to everyone who has been playing today and who plans on joining over the weekend. We’re here, reading and listening to your feedback, so keep it coming!
Let’s take a look at what’s to come!
Feedback We’re Looking Into:
We’re reading all of your feedback across social media, so even if you don’t see your issue listed below, please know that we’re tracking everything. Below are some issues and feedback we’re seeing…
- Partying Up: After completing a match as a party, some players are unable to find a new match and are stuck in the matchmaking lobby. We’re still looking into this issue, but in the meantime, disbanding your party and joining back up is a temporary solution while we work on a fix.
- Unable to connect to online services: This is currently being investigated. If you are still running into this issue, please feel free to PM me your PSNID (if you aren’t comfortable posting it in a thread) so we can take a deeper look. This will be helpful as we work on a solution.
- Connecting your PSNID to your CallofDuty.com account/Display name in-game: Please check this link provided by Activision Support if you’re having issues with connecting accounts or would like to adjust your display name. You can learn how to do this here: https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarfare/comments/d3ei14/activision_account_display_names_in_the_modern/
- Hearing enemy footsteps, team footsteps, and your own: Tell us how you’re listening to the game. You can be specific by telling us some of the following information: What type of heaphones are you using? Speakers? Monitor? TV? What preset are you currently using? Are you plugged in directly to the controller? This information can help us narrow down what you’re hearing and help us look further into any issues.
- Calling Cards using wrong name and/or flag description: The description for the flag of Colombia currently says “Columbia.” The Slovakian flag is currently labeled Croatia. Both of these will be fixed during weekend two of the Beta.
- Players are able to clip into a table on Grazna Raid: A fix for this has already been completed and will be implemented as soon as possible.
- Level Cap displaying a higher level than 10: Right now, the level cap is set to 10. Some players are seeing their level cap display 11 or higher. This is a visual bug and will be fixed in weekend two.
- Graphical corruption on the matchmaking screen: Some players experienced graphical corruption errors while in matchmaking, resulting in the screen appearing black, green, or yellow. This will be fixed in weekend two of the Beta.
- Spawns: You all have provided tons of feedback and videos of spawns needing some attention. We see it on our end too as we play with you all online, so we’re looking into the current spawn system and will continue to monitor as we go through the weekend.
Okay….let’s talk about minimap.
We hear you loud and clear. Along with your feedback and the data we’re continuously collecting, we’ll be experimenting internally with a few different options and will keep you updated if we make any changes that you might see during the Beta. This is an ongoing conversation with all of you, so again, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on this topic and we’ll update you again when we have more information to share.
UPCOMING BETA CONTENT:
In addition to what you played today, tomorrow, you’re going to get your hands on a new 6v6 map, Gun Runner. We’re also swapping in a new mode in the featured playlist, Cyber Attack! Check back tomorrow for more info on Day Two and again, thank you so much for playing and we’ll see you online!
Modern Warfare devs make secret TTK change with major health boost
Modern Warfare players believe Infinity Ward have made a major TTK adjustment, adding health to players in Ground War.
Modern Warfare players have discovered that Infinity Ward have made a secret change to the game’s Ground War mode, giving players a major health boost.
Modern Warfare dropped all the way back in 2019, yet remains popular with fans even three years later. With the next Call of Duty title set to be Modern Warfare 2, it’s no surprise that people are jumping back onto Infinity Ward’s last offering.
Even though the developers are hard at work finishing up MW2, it seems that Infinity Ward isn’t finished with Modern Warfare just yet, and still drops updates on the game fairly regularly.
The game’s last update dropped alongside Warzone Season 3 Reloaded, but didn’t include extensive patch notes for players to read. After playing the game though, YouTuber and CoD expert JGOD has discovered a secret change that changes Ground War massively.
In a tweet posted on May 29, JGOD revealed that after playing Ground War, he believed that Infinity Ward had raised the base health in the mode.
To prove this, he used the RAM-7, explaining that at 100HP, it should kill in four shots. In Ground War though, it took six bullets. This suggests that the mode’s base health has been increased to 150HP.
JGOD wasn’t the only player who noticed this change, with many replying that they had felt something was different too. “I knew they did something with the recent update,” tweeted one, while TrapGodTO admitted he felt the “time-to-kill had went up” too.
A higher TTK means it is harder to kill opponents, as you need to hit more shots accurately to wipe them out. The reason for this change remains unknown, but that hasn’t stopped players from speculating.
Some believe this change is directly linked to Warzone, where Raven buffed HP in Rebirth Island with the Reloaded patch. Others think Infinity Ward are testing different base healths for Modern Warfare 2. If that is the case, it’s likely we will have to wait for a multiplayer beta for confirmation.
Image credit: Infinity Ward
Which packs are needed for Modern Warfare Multiplayer? Full list
Modern Warfare is a huge game that players need a lot of storage for. Luckily, only certain Modern Warfare packs are needed for Multiplayer.
Knowing what data packs you need to download to play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare’s Multiplayer can be quite confusing, so we put together a detailed list of what you need and how much space it takes up.
Call of Duty’s Multiplayer has been a fan favorite mode of the franchise pretty much since it was released, and although Modern Warfare isn’t the latest installment, players are still enjoying it.
With the Call of Duty games evolving every year, it’s only natural that the data needed is larger. Therefore, some players may be wondering what data packs they need solely for the Multiplayer mode.
What packs are needed for Modern Warfare Multiplayer?
In recent history, the developers have allowed players to pick and choose what data to download due to the huge amount of storage that the games take up.
This way, players who only play the Multiplayer can uninstall the data for the campaign and any other extra modes. This is great, as it prevents storage from being taken up modes you don’t play.
Luckily there isn’t much that players actually need to play Modern Warfare’s Multiplayer.
Here’s a list of all the Modern Warfare Multiplayer packs you need to have downloaded:
- Base Game: 88.7 GB
- Multiplayer pack: 6.0 GB
- Multiplayer pack 2: 19.9 GB
- Multiplayer and Special Ops Pack: 21.3 GB
In total, this comes to 135.9 GB big and will require a sizable amount of your console storage.
For those on Xbox One, you will need all three of the Modern Warfare Multiplayer packs mentioned above to run the Multiplayer mode.
For those on PC or PlayStation, you only need Data Pack 1 and the Multiplayer Pack 2 in order to run Modern Warfare’s Multiplayer.
So, for those who are either bored of Warzone like some popular streamers have been lately, you may want to head back over to the classic Multiplayer and give the new CX-9 SMG a try. With that being said, these are the data packs you’ll need to do so.
For more on Call of Duty, stay tuned on Charlie INTEL and check out our article on the best PC Settings for Warzone Pacific Season 3.
Image Credits: Raven Software / Activision
Modern Warfare 2 shown to NFL prospects: Title confirmed & first impressions
As top prospects prepare for the NFL draft, they’re getting a first look at Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 during a private CoD event.
NFL draft prospects are giving their first impressions of Modern Warfare 2 as they get an exclusive look at the new Call of Duty title.
Although Vanguard Season 3 has only just begun, Call of Duty players are already looking forward to the next installment in the franchise. The Modern Warfare series is beloved by many players across the globe, thus the excitement for Modern Warfare 2 is high.
There are certainly a ton of rumors beginning to swirl but thanks to a private CoD event for some of the NFL’s top draft prospects, we received an official title for the game as well as first impressions from the players lucky enough to sneak a peek.
We’ve known for a while that the next Call of Duty title is set to be a sequel to 2019’s Modern Warfare. Given the sequel association, most people began calling it Modern Warfare II. While this was in the right ballpark, the event finally confirmed that the title will be Modern Warfare 2.
In addition to title confirmation of the Infinity Ward developed game, several top prospects from the upcoming NFL draft took to social media to share thoughts and opinions on their first look at Modern Warfare 2.
The list of NFL prospects who got a glimpse of Modern Warfare 2 includes Ahmad Gardner, Aidan Hutchinson, and Bo Melton. Both Melton and Hutchinson posted pictures of themselves at the Las Vegas event.
Meanwhile, Gardner offered more details concerning the footage and claimed that “it was so realistic, it’s insane.” This lines up with a statement from an Activision briefing that claimed Modern Warfare 2 would be “the most advanced experience in franchise history.”
Only time will tell if this positive perception will hold up but CoD fans have a lot to be excited about.
For more on the upcoming CoD title, check out how a leaker claims SBMM will be reworked in Modern Warfare 2 or potential major changes to Perks.
Image Credit: Activision
Best Sniper Rifles in Warzone: Every Season 4 Sniper ranked
Almost every squad runs a sniper in Warzone, so we've ranked every Sniper Rifle from best to worst and counted...
FIFA 23 Serie A ratings: Every team’s best players predictions
The Serie A will bring some of the world's best players to FIFA 23, so we’ve predicted who will have...
Apex Legends 1.99 patch notes: Lifeline’s Clinic Easter Egg, bug fixes, more
Apex Legends has a brand-new 1.99 patch which brings bug fixes and new interactive Easter Egg for Lifeline's Clinic.