Day 1 of the Early Access PlayStation 4 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Beta is wrapping up, and Infinity Ward has shared on Reddit a recap of the day, including what they’re looking into after Day 1 and more.
The studio is looking at the feedback from the fans on the no mini-map situation, working to fix a lot of the bugs including the Parties having to be disbanded, and a look at what’s coming during Day 2 of the Modern Warfare Beta on PS4.
FROM INFINITY WARD:
It’s been an incredible first day of the Beta and we couldn’t do any of this without you, our community. Beta testing is so helpful to us as developers. Sometimes you all find bugs we haven’t run into yet, provide suggestions that spark ideas within various teams across the studio, and of course…seeing you Nuke a lobby will never get old! As we head into the weekend, we want to say THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to everyone who has been playing today and who plans on joining over the weekend. We’re here, reading and listening to your feedback, so keep it coming!
Let’s take a look at what’s to come!
Feedback We’re Looking Into:
We’re reading all of your feedback across social media, so even if you don’t see your issue listed below, please know that we’re tracking everything. Below are some issues and feedback we’re seeing…
- Partying Up: After completing a match as a party, some players are unable to find a new match and are stuck in the matchmaking lobby. We’re still looking into this issue, but in the meantime, disbanding your party and joining back up is a temporary solution while we work on a fix.
- Unable to connect to online services: This is currently being investigated. If you are still running into this issue, please feel free to PM me your PSNID (if you aren’t comfortable posting it in a thread) so we can take a deeper look. This will be helpful as we work on a solution.
- Connecting your PSNID to your CallofDuty.com account/Display name in-game: Please check this link provided by Activision Support if you’re having issues with connecting accounts or would like to adjust your display name. You can learn how to do this here: https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarfare/comments/d3ei14/activision_account_display_names_in_the_modern/
- Hearing enemy footsteps, team footsteps, and your own: Tell us how you’re listening to the game. You can be specific by telling us some of the following information: What type of heaphones are you using? Speakers? Monitor? TV? What preset are you currently using? Are you plugged in directly to the controller? This information can help us narrow down what you’re hearing and help us look further into any issues.
- Calling Cards using wrong name and/or flag description: The description for the flag of Colombia currently says “Columbia.” The Slovakian flag is currently labeled Croatia. Both of these will be fixed during weekend two of the Beta.
- Players are able to clip into a table on Grazna Raid: A fix for this has already been completed and will be implemented as soon as possible.
- Level Cap displaying a higher level than 10: Right now, the level cap is set to 10. Some players are seeing their level cap display 11 or higher. This is a visual bug and will be fixed in weekend two.
- Graphical corruption on the matchmaking screen: Some players experienced graphical corruption errors while in matchmaking, resulting in the screen appearing black, green, or yellow. This will be fixed in weekend two of the Beta.
- Spawns: You all have provided tons of feedback and videos of spawns needing some attention. We see it on our end too as we play with you all online, so we’re looking into the current spawn system and will continue to monitor as we go through the weekend.
Okay….let’s talk about minimap.
We hear you loud and clear. Along with your feedback and the data we’re continuously collecting, we’ll be experimenting internally with a few different options and will keep you updated if we make any changes that you might see during the Beta. This is an ongoing conversation with all of you, so again, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on this topic and we’ll update you again when we have more information to share.
UPCOMING BETA CONTENT:
In addition to what you played today, tomorrow, you’re going to get your hands on a new 6v6 map, Gun Runner. We’re also swapping in a new mode in the featured playlist, Cyber Attack! Check back tomorrow for more info on Day Two and again, thank you so much for playing and we’ll see you online!
Warzone players call for “Classic” mode with only Modern Warfare weapons
Many Warzone players feel that Call of Duty’s battle royale game could do with a mode that only allows the use of Modern Warfare weapons.
Disgruntled Warzone players want to see the game incorporate a “Classic” mode that goes back to the game’s roots, using only CoD: Modern Warfare weapons.
The integration of Black Ops Cold War into Warzone really did change the game and its meta forever. Across Season 1 and Season 2, Warzone’s already stellar roster of guns received a massive boost and gave players a lot more options to choose from.
But these extras haven’t been to the delight of everyone, as some of them namely Cold War’s DMR, Diamattis, and MAC-10 have had a huge impact on Warzone. In response, some players are keen to see a mode that only makes use of the game’s original weapons.
Cold War and Warzone use different game engines, meaning that the guns don’t translate as well when they make the transition to a different game.
melon_b0y has alluded to this fact and is calling for Raven Software to accommodate frustrated CoD players.
He said, “Without the Cold War weapons, the game would flow a lot smoother and would bring back skill into gunfights, not just who shoots first. Not to mention that without the FFAR and AUG around to compete, the game mode would be more balanced.
I’m not saying completely remove Cold War weapons, but I think a mode without them would greatly improve the fun in Warzone and bring back some nostalgia as well.”
It’s an interesting concept that should definitely be considered. It certainly does feels like a lifetime ago that Warzone was only populated by Modern Warfare weapons and felt more balanced.
If this became a reality, you’d imagine that it would be supported by many players, and could result in players abandon the normal version of the game.
Image credits: Activision
New CoD: Modern Warfare maps mysteriously removed from game
Although three new maps were added to Modern Warfare’s multiplayer following the mid-Season 2 update, two of them were mysteriously removed.
Following the Warzone Season 2 Reloaded update, Modern Warfare received three new maps – Call of Duty 4’s Killhouse, Al-Raab Airbase, and Drainage. Now, the two original maps have been removed, but Killhouse still remains.
Although Call of Duty games usually lose the majority of their player base when the next installment of the franchise releases, Black Ops Cold War’s joint progression system has given Modern Warfare fans a reason to stay. Even while playing 2019’s title, they will continue to increase their rank in Warzone and Cold War.
Modern Warfare’s content lifecycle was set to end in November 2020 with the release of Cold War, but as part of Warzone’s mid-Season 2 update, Activision treated fans to three new maps: Killhouse, Al-Raab Airbase, and Drainage.
Killhouse was, and still is, available in a 24/7 playlist in Modern Warfare’s multiplayer, but Al-Raab and Drainage were only available in private matches. Now, however, Al-Raab and Drainage have been mysteriously removed from the game.
Old-school CoD fans will remember Killhouse well as it made its debut in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare but has also been included in CoD Mobile and Modern Warfare Remastered.
This close-range map, inspired by CoD 4’s tutorial level, F.N.G, is set in a military training warehouse. Although the map is small, it has plenty of cover and obstacles to navigate between.
You can still jump straight into Killhouse by selecting the “Killhouse 24/7” playlist from the Modern Warfare menu.
The other 6v6 map added in this surprise update was Al-Raab Airbase, but it could only be accessed through Private Matches. This map may also be familiar as it appears to be modeled after the Russian airbase Alex and Farah assault in the campaign mission, Proxy War. This map is relatively larger than CoD’s standard 6v6, with plenty of verticality and long lanes to snipe down.
A new Gunfight map, Drainage, was also added to Modern Warfare’s Private Matches. Similar to Airbase, Drainage is large for a 2v2 map, but it will also support 3v3 and other small team game modes. A bridge goes over the map as its standout feature, and there’s a ton of debris on the ground for players to use as cover.
Infinity Ward never acknowledged the maps being added or taken away, so we don’t know if these are the only changes made to Modern Warfare.
Image Credit: Activision / CODTracker
New Warzone leak reveals possible Sykov pistol release date
A Warzone date miner has revealed a potential release date for the upcoming dual wield, fully automatic Sykov pistol.
A new leak has revealed a possible release date for Modern Warfare and Warzone’s highly anticipated and feared full-auto Sykov pistol, also known as the Makarov.
Players have been waiting to get their hands on new Modern Warfare weapons that are expected to arrive in Warzone soon. After players could find the unreleased Sykov pistol in Plunder, many are looking forward to using it in their loadout.
Warzone data miner TailsDoll553 has revealed potential release dates for several upcoming Warzone and Cold War bundles. The standout piece of information is the release date for the Sparks Operator Bundle, which contains a new Operator and a Blueprint for unreleased full-auto Sykov pistol.
According to TailsDoll553, Warzone’s new pistol is set to release on April 15. They noted that “these could be subjected to change at any time, but these are the most likely dates for the bundles.”
Many players expect this new pistol to become the close-range meta when it arrives. The akimbo Diamattis from Black Ops Cold War dominated all point-blank fights for their high fire rate and insane damage output, but the Sykov is set to be even more powerful.
Through the Gunsmith system, it can be customized to be wielded akimbo and made fully automatic with an 80 round mag. This is sure to melt enemies up close and because it’s a secondary, you can run it along with the Ghost perk.
As for the other weapons set to be arriving, the CX-9 SMG and Raal LMG, as well as the Soap Operator Bundle, TailsDoll553 said they couldn’t find any dates for their release as the date doesn’t appear to be in Warzone’s files yet.
As this is a leak, there’s no guarantee that the Sykov will release on April 15. However, by following our guide, you can try it out early in Modern Warfare’s Survival mode.
Image Credit: Activision / COD Tracker
New Apex Legends leak claims ‘Dragon’ LMG coming soon
Some new Apex Legends leaks have revealed a new LMG called the 'Dragon,' which is unique due to one key...
Modern Warfare’s Renetti set to join CoD: Mobile Season 3
Modern Warfare's Renetti pistol looks set to join CoD: Mobile as part of Season 3's weapon additions.
Best ZRG 20mm loadout for Cold War Season 2
We've got the best attachments and perks to dominate with CoD: Black Ops Cold War's new ZRG 20mm Sniper Rifle.