Day 1 of the Early Access PlayStation 4 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Beta is wrapping up, and Infinity Ward has shared on Reddit a recap of the day, including what they’re looking into after Day 1 and more.
The studio is looking at the feedback from the fans on the no mini-map situation, working to fix a lot of the bugs including the Parties having to be disbanded, and a look at what’s coming during Day 2 of the Modern Warfare Beta on PS4.
FROM INFINITY WARD:
It’s been an incredible first day of the Beta and we couldn’t do any of this without you, our community. Beta testing is so helpful to us as developers. Sometimes you all find bugs we haven’t run into yet, provide suggestions that spark ideas within various teams across the studio, and of course…seeing you Nuke a lobby will never get old! As we head into the weekend, we want to say THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to everyone who has been playing today and who plans on joining over the weekend. We’re here, reading and listening to your feedback, so keep it coming!
Let’s take a look at what’s to come!
Feedback We’re Looking Into:
We’re reading all of your feedback across social media, so even if you don’t see your issue listed below, please know that we’re tracking everything. Below are some issues and feedback we’re seeing…
- Partying Up: After completing a match as a party, some players are unable to find a new match and are stuck in the matchmaking lobby. We’re still looking into this issue, but in the meantime, disbanding your party and joining back up is a temporary solution while we work on a fix.
- Unable to connect to online services: This is currently being investigated. If you are still running into this issue, please feel free to PM me your PSNID (if you aren’t comfortable posting it in a thread) so we can take a deeper look. This will be helpful as we work on a solution.
- Connecting your PSNID to your CallofDuty.com account/Display name in-game: Please check this link provided by Activision Support if you’re having issues with connecting accounts or would like to adjust your display name. You can learn how to do this here: https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarfare/comments/d3ei14/activision_account_display_names_in_the_modern/
- Hearing enemy footsteps, team footsteps, and your own: Tell us how you’re listening to the game. You can be specific by telling us some of the following information: What type of heaphones are you using? Speakers? Monitor? TV? What preset are you currently using? Are you plugged in directly to the controller? This information can help us narrow down what you’re hearing and help us look further into any issues.
- Calling Cards using wrong name and/or flag description: The description for the flag of Colombia currently says “Columbia.” The Slovakian flag is currently labeled Croatia. Both of these will be fixed during weekend two of the Beta.
- Players are able to clip into a table on Grazna Raid: A fix for this has already been completed and will be implemented as soon as possible.
- Level Cap displaying a higher level than 10: Right now, the level cap is set to 10. Some players are seeing their level cap display 11 or higher. This is a visual bug and will be fixed in weekend two.
- Graphical corruption on the matchmaking screen: Some players experienced graphical corruption errors while in matchmaking, resulting in the screen appearing black, green, or yellow. This will be fixed in weekend two of the Beta.
- Spawns: You all have provided tons of feedback and videos of spawns needing some attention. We see it on our end too as we play with you all online, so we’re looking into the current spawn system and will continue to monitor as we go through the weekend.
Okay….let’s talk about minimap.
We hear you loud and clear. Along with your feedback and the data we’re continuously collecting, we’ll be experimenting internally with a few different options and will keep you updated if we make any changes that you might see during the Beta. This is an ongoing conversation with all of you, so again, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on this topic and we’ll update you again when we have more information to share.
UPCOMING BETA CONTENT:
In addition to what you played today, tomorrow, you’re going to get your hands on a new 6v6 map, Gun Runner. We’re also swapping in a new mode in the featured playlist, Cyber Attack! Check back tomorrow for more info on Day Two and again, thank you so much for playing and we’ll see you online!
Call of Duty player uses musical instruments as a controller
Call of Duty player, DeanoBeano, plays the game with various musical instruments. We had the opportunity to have a brief Q&A with him.
A Call of Duty player has discovered how to use musical instruments as a controller and has even killed enemy players with an assortment of different instruments.
Call of Duty is a game traditionally played with a mouse and keyboard or controller, but not for player DeanoBeano. Deano instead opts to play his Call of Duty games with musical instruments, such as drums, a recorder, and even bongos.
You can see one of his most popular clips below, where he manages to snipe a player in Modern Warfare, while using the drums.
DeanoBeano is clearly a one of a kind player, so we managed to get in contact with him and sit him down for a Q&A, where he details how he’s able to play the game with instruments, how he started, and more.
Q: How do you manage to get instruments to work as remotes?
Deano: I use instruments that I plug in to convert midi signals to keyboard commands, and acoustic instruments I control using pitch to midi, then midi to keyboard commands. The bongos were actually a controller from the GameCube games Donkey Konga and Donkey Kong Bongo Bash. (referring to the above clip)
CI: Can you explain Midi to our readers?
Deano: Midi is a signal that electric instruments send to computers and other instruments and devices that control sound to connect with each other.
Q: What originally gave you the idea to play Call of Duty with instruments?
Deano: I started drumming to gaming montages live on twitch about a year ago, so there was always an ongoing joke that I actually hit the clips with my drums.
Eventually, in August I figured out how to hook up my drums as a controller and after I started doing that, I figured it would be fun to try other instruments and odd controllers too.
Q: What are your future plans? Any new instruments you want to try?
Deano: My plan is to keep making Cold War multiplayer as fun as I can. Playing with a normal controller (especially solo) can be really tiring because of SBMM. I’m always looking at finding new ways to play the game, and I plan on bringing this to other games too. I’ll be using some new instruments and controllers soon.
Q: What’s your favorite instrument to play in games?
Deano: The recorder is my favorite instrument to play with at the moment. It makes the game pretty challenging but every kill and clip I get with it feels so rewarding.
Q: Do you actually play any musical instruments?
Deano: I do! I started with piano when I was a kid and later on picked up drums and got a Bachelor’s degree in music on drums. I play a little bit of trumpet (and recorder I guess haha) but not much.
That’s the end of our interview with Deano. To see more of his content, you can follow him on Twitter and watch his Twitch streams, where he appears to be most active. He also occasionally posts highlights of his streams to his YouTube channel.
How to play TikTok’s viral custom Call of Duty Gun Game mode
Don’t miss out on the new viral TikTok Gun Game sensation in CoD: Modern Warfare and here’s how you can play the custom mode too.
A fascinating new variation of Gun Game has been created and gone viral on TikTok. The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare custom mode has been revealed and we have these crazy settings for you to try out yourself.
It’s a testament to the longevity of Gun Game that gamers can still find ways to make an already legendary game mode even better.
The simplicity of Gun Game is what makes it so addictive and keeps you coming back for more. Well, with this new bespoke set of rules you can now make the mode even deeper and infinitely more stressful.
Custom TikTok Gun Game mode in CoD
From the balanced and equal footing you all start out on to the skill needed to get a kill with every weapon, Gun Game is such a simple concept that never gets old.
Each player starts off with the same weapon and attachments and every time you achieve a kill with your random weapon, you advance to the next weapon. This continues until one player has gotten a kill with every weapon, but if you get knifed, you go back a weapon.
But one of its biggest assets is the fear and dread it can instill in you with the thought of being knifed. Gun Game is all about momentum and so often you’ll have one person surge to double-digits in no time at all, and someone languishing on the starting weapon.
Add in melee kills that can set you back a weapon and the pressure is real.
This takes us to TikTok user thedillygang who has imposed his creation on the Call of Duty community that he calls “Blood Pressure”.
The aptly-named Gun Game creation warrants its name because it will affect your biology, it will sternly test your friendships and relationships, and probably the strudiness of your controller.
Gun Game “Blood Pressure” variation in Modern Warfare
- Scroll to “Private Match
- Then go to Trials & GameBattles at the bottom of Modern Warfare’s Multiplayer options
- Select Custom Game
- Make your way to Game Setup
- Choose a map
- Set mode to Gun Game – it can be found in Alternate Modes
- Go to Game in Game Rules and set the Time Limit to Unlimited
- Go to Player in Game Rules and set Max Health to 300 and Health Regeneration to Very Slow
- Go to Advanced in Game Rules and set Setbacks to 5 Weapons
- Select Option and make sure you save the mode for future use
- Play it and try not to throw your controller
Let’s be honest, if you’re playing this chaotic mode with your friends then it’s inevitable you’re all going to be trying to knife each other. So let’s reserve the violence for the video game, and enjoy this evil mode.
This can only be played in Modern Warfare at the moment due to the fact that Black Ops Cold War hasn’t added Gun Game yet. But when BOCW does indeed get the mode, then be sure to try Blood Pressure out.
Image credits: Activision Blizzard
How to unlock the CX-9 SMG in Modern Warfare early
You can currently add the CX-9 SMG to your inventory within Call of Duty Modern Warfare, before its official release.
The CX-9 is one of many leaked weapons that will be making their way to Modern Warfare and Warzone soon. There is a way for you to unlock this leaked SMG ahead of its official release.
Modern Warfare is arguably the most beloved title in the entire Call of Duty franchise, managing to become the highest-earning premium game of 2020. It’s the game that got many fans into the series in the first place, so it’s always exciting to see new leaked content.
A few CoD leaks in December 2020 revealed an early in-game look at three new weapons, the CX-9, Raal MG, and Sykov. While this content hasn’t been officially released, you can currently unlock the CX-9 SMG in-game.
The gun is based on the ‘Scorpion’ weapon from other CoD titles and will become available in both Modern Warfare and Warzone soon. Here’s how you can unlock the CX-9 for yourself.
How to unlock Modern Warfare’s CX-9 SMG
The key to unlocking this SMG is to complete a weapon challenge. Even though the gun hasn’t been officially released, your progress through this objective will be tracked within Modern Warfare anyway.
This in-game challenge requires you to score two longshot kills while using an SMG across five different matches. You can get this done by keeping your distance from the enemies that you’re tracking and then firing in bursts, rather than holding the trigger.
While this is different from how you would usually use an SMG, the challenge isn’t that hard to complete. You can easily score two kills this way in just a few matches. You may have already done this at some point without realizing it.
The game will track your progress and many players have reported this happening. Reddit user BKTOOR posted a clip of them using the CX-9 SMG in the Modern Warfare subreddit. They also showcased gameplay of the other weapons that were leaked back in December.
At the time of writing, it’s unclear when exactly we’ll see the new SMG make its way to Modern Warfare. While you can’t use the CX-9 in multiplayer yet, you can add it to your inventory so that it’s available to you on the day of its release.
If you’re feeling a bit impatient, then you’re in luck since there is a way to try it out early. You can purchase the weapon in Modern Warfare’s Spec Ops Survival mode, and see how it feels in the midst of combat.
As far as we know, this can only be completed in Modern Warfare multiplayer, but it’s possible it could work in Warzone too. Once we hear something official from the developers about the release of the CX-9 SMG and other leaked weapons, we’ll be sure to update this guide.
Image Credits: Activision & u/MightyJordanb
How to get your Twitch 2020 recap
Here's how you can get a full 2020 Twitch recap, showing you your most watched games, streamers, most-popular emotes, and...
Cranked Zombies Tips – Black Ops Cold War
Black Ops Cold War has added a new game mode to zombies called "Cranked." Here are a few tips to...
Warzone squad sets new kill record at 143 kills
A new Warzone kill record has been achieved, at an impressive 143 kills. This surpasses Vikkstar's record of 138 kills.