Activision and Infinity Ward have officially announced an Open Beta for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is coming.
As part of the reveal stream for the MP gameplay and MP trailer of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, the studio has confirmed that this year’s game will in fact have a beta.
The Early Access of the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Open Beta will begin September 12 first on PlayStation 4. The Open Beta will begin a few days later for all players, regardless of pre-orders.
This is the first time Activision is doing an open beta for Call of Duty across all platforms in a few years. As the PlayStation marketing deal continues to exist, PlayStation 4 players will get first access to the Open Beta via a pre-order on September 12.
- PlayStation 4 Exclusive Beta
- September 12 – 13 (Early Access, PlayStation 4)
- September 14 – 16 (Open Beta, PlayStation 4)
- Beta featuring crossplay testing
- September 19 – 20 (Early Access, PC and Xbox One; Open Beta, PlayStation 4)
- September 21 – 23 (Open Beta, PlayStation 4, PC, Xbox One)
If you’ve already pre-ordered Call of Duty: Modern Warfare digitally, you will automatically get access to Early Access of the Open Beta when it is available.
If you pre-ordered Modern Warfare at a retailer, please reach out to the retailer to get a code to redeem on the Call of Duty website to ensure that you have access to the beta when it becomes available for your platform.
Visit CallofDuty.com/beta for more info.