Some of the editions of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare include Operator Packs, and Activision blog has announced exactly what those packs are in the game.
Here’s what Operator Packs are:
In the new Modern Warfare, you’ll have the opportunity to choose and express yourself as a number of diverse and named Operators. Rather than special abilities that affect gameplay, each offers their own backstory, nationality, character dialogue, character skins and cosmetic customization options.
The three Operator Packs you receive as part of the Operator Edition or Operator Enhanced Edition allow you to wear three themed Operator skins and utilize three cosmetic weapon variants (one per Operator) from some of the most popular and iconic Call of Duty 4®: Modern Warfare missions of the past.
And here’s a breakdown of each of the Operator Packs available in the Operator and Operator Enhanced Edition of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare:
“All Ghillied Up” Operator Pack
- Named for the infamous flashback campaign mission in the original Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, where you, playing as Lieutenant John Price (prior to being made Captain), must utilize camouflage and sniping tactics as you encroach the outskirts of the Ukranian city of Pripyat.
- Operator Name: Grinch
- Themed Operator Skin: Full sniper ghillie suit.
- Cosmetic Weapon Variant: Bolt-action sniper rifle, in camouflage with additional netting and suppressor, and what seems to be coordinates scratched on the surface of the weapon above the trigger, near the bolt carrier.
“Crew Expendable” Operator Pack
- Paying homage to the second campaign mission from the original Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, where you, playing as Sergeant John “Soap” MacTavish, board an Estonian ship in the Bering Strait, as part of a clandestine raid by British Special Forces in an attempt to locate and obtain a rogue nuclear device.
- Operator Name: Otter
- Themed Operator Skin: Special operations with gas mask.
- Cosmetic Weapon Variant: Short-barreled pump-action shotgun designed “for close encounters”; in fact, the phrase is scratched into the stock. The weapon also comes with oil and surface markings.
“War Pig” Operator Pack
- Sharing the name with the Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare mission where you, playing as Marine Sergeant Paul Jackson, lead a charge to push back an enemy counterattack and secure a tank (the “War Pig” in question).
- Operator Name: Wyatt
- Themed Operator Skin: Ground infantry Desert camouflage with tac vest.
- Cosmetic Weapon Variant: Pistol with a lightweight custom trigger, flared magwell, grip with custom stippling, accessory rail (for mounting lasers or flashlights), and “War Pig” etched into the slide.