Last updated: October 5th, 2019.
It’s almost time for the release of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. The latest Call of Duty game, from Infinity Ward and Activision, releases worldwide on October 25, 2019 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
Here’s a look at just some of the pre-order bonuses we have spotted from different retailers around the world:
- Digital Purchases on PS4 Store, Xbox One Store, or Battle.net: Purchase Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® on digital and receive the in-game XRK Weapons Pack for day 1 launch use. The XRK M4 assault rifle and XRK .357 handgun are built to be fast, accurate and hard hitting, giving you versatile options adaptable to any play style. Learn more about the XRK offer here.
- Digital Pre-Orders on PlayStation 4 Store, Xbox Store, or Battle.net + Retailer pre-orders at majority of stores worldwide: Get a Prestige Token to use in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 (Note: if you redeemed a code for the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare beta, you also already received access to Captain Price in Black Ops 4 Blackout mode).
- GameStop US: Pre-order Modern Warfare (any edition) at GameStop US to get a bonus Call of Duty Endowment™ Calling Card in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. GameStop will also donate a portion of the sales of Modern Warfare to the Endowment. Only at GameStop, get an exclusive GameStop C.O.D.E. Calling card with purchase of the game. For every copy sold, GameStop will donate to the Call of Duty Endowment, which helps find high quality jobs for unemployed veteran.
- GAME UK: Get 2XP Bonus in Modern Warfare and a Captain Price figurine with pre-order
- Amazon UK: Get the Captain Price Figurine with pre-order
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare “Precision” Edition: Exclusively available at GameStop in US, EB Games in Australia and Canada. More regions will have this edition exclusive to select retailers.
More information on the different editions of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is available here.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is available on October 25, 2019.
How to fix Warzone & Modern Warfare Dev Error 6178
Here are all the different fixes that you can try out for Dev Error 6178 in both Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone that will help you out.
Dev Error 6178 is an error code that various Warzone and Modern Warfare players have encountered, and this guide will cover all the different solutions you can try out.
Call of Duty: Warzone and Modern Warfare are extremely fun titles, but players can quickly encounter error issues at times. Goldflake error, error 5476, Diver Error 6, and unknown function Fatal Error are some examples.
If Modern Warfare or Warzone crashes while loading a map on PC, you may encounter Fatal Error Dev Error 6178.
This guide will go over what this error is and how you can get around it.
How to fix Warzone & Modern Warfare dev error 6178
Disable In-Game Overlay & Nvidia Highlights
There have been various causes for this error in Warzone. Aside from the game crashing while loading a map, this can also occur when the camera returns to the player after they get killed.
Many players have reported this problem happening while they try to play the game with both In-Game Overlay and Nvidia highlights enabled at the same time, so we recommend disabling them both.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Open up GeForce Experience while the game is turned off
- Go to the General tab and disable In-Game Overlay
- Save and close Nvidia Experience
- Launch Modern Warfare
- Go to Options > Graphics> Nvidia Highlights
- Disable Nvidia highlights and restart the game
Update your GPU drivers
If you’re still encountering Dev Error 6178 then your GPU driver might need updating. This is because the in-game graphics can only be handled with the latest version of the GPU driver.
Here’s how you can update it:
- Open up Device Manager
- Scroll down and select Display Adapters
- Click on the GPU that you want to update select Update Driver .
- Select Search Automatically for updated driver software to install the new driver
- Launch the game to see if it worked.
Run the game as Administrator
The problem might be that the game requires certain permissions that you can only grant as the admin. For this reason, you can try launching the game as an Administrator and see if that fixes things.
This is a fairly simple process:
- Right-click on Modern Warfare
- Select Run as Administrator
- Click yes to grant permissions
- Wait for the game to launch and see if you encounter the error.
Increase the graphics settings
Sometimes the most straightforward solutions are the best ones, and many players have reportedly fixed the error by switching the in-game graphic settings to Medium or High.
You can get this done fairly quickly:
- Launch Modern Warfare
- Go to Settings.
- Select Graphics
- Change the texture resolution to Normal in Details & Textures
That covers all the solutions you can try to fix Dev Error 6178 in both Warzone and Modern Warfare. This error can particularly annoying and keeps players from being able to enjoy the game.
Hopefully, our guide has helped with this problem, and you can check out other cool stuff at Charlie INTEL such as the latest Call of Duty: Vanguard news and guides!
Image Credit: Activision / Infinity Ward / Raven Software
How to fix Warzone & Modern Warfare Status Goldflake error
Modern Warfare and Warzone players have been dealing with the Status Goldflake issue for a while, here is our guide on how to fix it.
The Status Goldflake error is another problem that has been in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone for a while, and here is a quick guide on how to deal with it.
It’s almost impossible for a game to steer clear of bugs and potential banana skins, particularly when dealing with complex factors such as internet connection and crossplay.
Now, it’s time to try and help players who regularly deal with the “Status Goldflake error” that can disrupt sessions of Modern Warfare and Warzone.
Warzone & Modern Warfare Status Goldflake error solution
There isn’t a complex set of bullet points to follow or a strict guideline you must adhere to in order to fix the Call of Duty Status Goldflake error message, thankfully.
Here’s our official way to solve the Status Goldflake error problem:
- You need to first encounter the Status Goldflake error
- Once it happens, depending on your format, you need to select the restart option for the hardware
- Wait for the system to reboot itself
- The load up Modern Warfare or Warzone again
- The error message should have gone away, and you’re safe to resume your online gaming!
If for some reason this doesn’t work, then we’d suggest you do a hard reset of your system e.g if you’re on console, then unplug the console’s mains, or hold down the power button for a few seconds until it completely switches off, then turn it back on again.
What is the Status Goldflake error in Modern Warfare and Warzone?
The Status Goldflake error is quite simply an error message that occurs if the user puts their system into some kind of power-saving state, such as the PlayStation’s Rest Mode, and tries to go back onto the game.
The major sticking point with the error message is that there’s no permanent solution for it. Unfortunately, it will keep coming back every so often, and if it does, you just need to repeat the steps that we advised above.
Hopefully, our guide has helped with the Status Goldflake error code, and you can check out other cool stuff at Charlie INTEL such as the latest Call of Duty: Vanguard news and guides!
Image Credit: Activision / Infinity Ward / Raven Software
Is Modern Warfare cross-platform? Current cross-play status
Cross-platform play has become a staple of the Call of Duty franchise, so here is everything you need to know about it in Modern Warfare.
Cross-platform is a feature available in various titles in the Call of Duty franchise, so here is what you need to know about Modern Warfare cross-platform play.
Modern Warfare can be a ton of fun to play with friends. You and your buddies can either team up to take down opponents together or become rivals who battle each other for supremacy.
Since the game is available on various consoles, sometimes you’ll want to play with friends on a different platform.
This guide will cover everything you need to know about the Modern Warfare cross-platform feature.
Is Modern Warfare cross-platform?
Yes, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare comes with cross-platform play so that you can play with your friends on different platforms, whether you’re on Xbox, PlayStation, or PC.
This works similar to the cross-platform feature in Warzone. When you’re in the social menu, you’ll be able to see players on the same platform as you displayed at the top-right hand corner of the lobby screen.
If you want to find someone on a different system, select the “add friends” option. This will allow you to search other players by their PSN ID, Xbox Live Gamertag, BattleTag, or Activision ID and take full advantage of Modern Warfare cross-platform.
You can also disable crossplay if you wish to play with friends on the same platform, but this will lead to longer waiting times in the lobby, so we don’t recommend turning off the cross-platform feature.
Cross-platform has been one of the most popular features in the Call of Duty franchise, and titles like Black Ops Cold War also have it.
We expect this feature to be a consistent part of the franchise from now on, with Call of Duty: Vanguard being the next game in the fan-favorite series to utilize the ability for players to play with each other no matter if it is PC, Xbox, or PlayStation.
For more Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, check out how to fix Warzone & Modern Warfare Status Goldflake error, and stay tuned to Charlie INTEL.
Image credits: Infinity Ward
Activision Blizzard provides update on workplace initiatives as US government opens investigation
Activision Blizzard is now being investigated by the SEC over sexual misconduct and discrimination allegations, as fallout from initial lawsuit...
FIFA 22 Ones to Watch cards: Release date, confirmed players, predictions & preorder bonus
Ones to Watch cards are returning to Ultimate Team once again in FIFA 22, and we've got everything you need...
Best Call of Duty: Vanguard keybinds and settings for mouse & keyboard
Here are the best keybinds for playing Call of Duty: Vanguard on a mouse and keyboard, and also how to...